What would you do?

Hexagoen

there are two people making a deal. a really big deal.

one person wants to buy the other person's x products, as in the rights to the product and the production of more of that product.

the problem is, the other person wants to keep the secrets of the production of the product because it involves some shady stuff that the other person could find out, and blame the person he bought the product from and make him go to jail.

what, if you were that person who was presented with that offer? what would you do?

Accept the offer and buy the product, Dissolve the shady operations which will most likely leave a massive power vacuum in the region it was based.

When this happens wars between rival gangs,families or whatever organisations run that industry would grow out of control as the many different groups try and scoop up as much influence as they can from the hole I left.

When the violence finally gets to a point that local law enforcement can no longer control the warring factions mass riots and looting would start as the police loose control of the area.

the rioting results in massive infrastructural damage being caused to the area resulting in bursted gas mains and snapped electric lines.

The damaged power grid would result in trains being halted as they would be unable to pass through that area.

This prevents much needed emergency relief supplies from reaching the already desperate people of the area who have run out of everything due to the local wars.

A train driver eventually becomes overly zealous and attempts to get his train to the station however the power outage results in their train derailing.

The derailed train would fly from the tracks into the local fire station completely destroying it.

This also causes a massive amount of sparks that come in contact with gas leaking from the bursted mains.

A massive uncontrollable fire storm would spark and quickly sweep across the area consuming everything until it is nothing but a blackened wasteland with everything burned and scorched so that nothing over a meter is left standing.

The day would be declared a national tragedy with me having caused the largest fire this area has ever know without even a single bit of blame falling on me.

I'd accept the deal, take the money and then immediately cut any and all ties with everyone I knew, then I would use some of the money from the deal to change my appearance multiple times and then flee the country before anyone finds out about the shady practices that went into making the product.

That or just decline because I'm lazy.