beginer help

mariojr89

^^Yeah, that alley has level 9-12 Pokemon iirc. Also, fish up a Grimer or two, those things are great early game (check the pinned guides in the On The Hunt for exact locations of everything (the EV guide even has encounter percentages)).

I was playing with Froakie as starter and oh boy was it hard. Luckily got timid at first try and after using ability capsule got protean. Somehow managed to get through first gym but I still regret not grinding any fire/flying mon early-game. Reborn is unforgivable for playstyle like in first gen. You simply have to exp your whole team. God... I never suspected how spearow with sniper and adamant nature could make me so happy :D

I found all gyms were beatable within 5 levels of the level cap, so 15 for Julia, 20 for Florina, 30 for Corey/Shelly, etc. During my hardcore run I fell in love with Sudowoodo. When you need a gimmick pokemon, that thing is great to have due to Sturdy. It's also viable as a normal team member, unlike other gimmicks like Prankster Murkrow.

Yeah i agree, I picked a water starter as well and the game was very difficult at first.Just get as many pokemons as you can find right now and level them up. You'll beat Julia in no time. Even if you had to use these pokemons just to beat her. You can get "Espurr" when you keep giving change to the man who asks you for a change he'll move and you'll enter a room to get Espurr which can be deadly against Julia.

Edited by Nivircity