Breeding males with Ditto

Genesis

Hi all, quick question. According to searches and the breeding guide on the forum, you can breed a male pokemon with a ditto and the male will be treated as the female parent.

So far I have had success breeding with ditto and females. However when I try with males it doesn't seem to work. I go to the old man and he says they are doing fine but don't seem to like each other very much.

I have tried so far a Charizard, an axew and, Krookadile and an Amuara but no luck.

I really wanted the charizard becuase I am trying to breed a female so I can breed onto it dragon dance and outrage.

Anyone experienced this? Is there a fix?

Edit also when trying in CE for quick breeding I cant get the values down to 4-5, lowest it goes is to about 8. Then when I change the values to 511 the game glitches and my sprite goes downwards completely off the map into darkness. I have tried as well without the CE

Edited by Genesis

They will still produce eggs even with the dialogue you said. It just means it won't be as frequent.

Just keep trying and you'll get one.

Ok that's a relief. Any idea why CEwoudl spazz out like that? Seeing as how female charmander is 12.5% chance would definitely prefer some quicker breeding prcoess

For CE, regardless of the Pokemon's affection, you need ~8 steps to have a good shot of getting an egg, even with the "counter" set at 511. I think it's running from the old man, all the way, then back down, gives me an egg ~75% of the time.

If you're stuck with 8 values for the egg, I would suggest going into a smaller room; Obsidia Ward (or is it Opal?) is a big map, and there's a lot of other things that also decrease at the same rate. As mentioned above, using a Pokemon with Flame Body/Magma Armor decreases egg hatch-values by 4 per step, and I basically never get any duplicate ID's when using that method.

Also, I know that in Pokemon Insurgence, scanning too quickly will cause you to "lose" addresses because the game doesn't update fast enough if you alt-tab between CE and the .exe. I think that Reborn is optimized a lot better and I very rarely get that problem, but it's definitely a possibility!

Also, breeding 87.5% male Pokemon is a total pain, it took me ~30 eggs to hatch a single female Tyrunt with 2 IV's, so I basically won't breed for any fossils/starters anymore because it takes forever :(

For CE, regardless of the Pokemon's affection, you need ~8 steps to have a good shot of getting an egg, even with the "counter" set at 511. I think it's running from the old man, all the way, then back down, gives me an egg ~75% of the time.

If you're stuck with 8 values for the egg, I would suggest going into a smaller room; Obsidia Ward (or is it Opal?) is a big map, and there's a lot of other things that also decrease at the same rate. As mentioned above, using a Pokemon with Flame Body/Magma Armor decreases egg hatch-values by 4 per step, and I basically never get any duplicate ID's when using that method.

Also, I know that in Pokemon Insurgence, scanning too quickly will cause you to "lose" addresses because the game doesn't update fast enough if you alt-tab between CE and the .exe. I think that Reborn is optimized a lot better and I very rarely get that problem, but it's definitely a possibility!

Also, breeding 87.5% male Pokemon is a total pain, it took me ~30 eggs to hatch a single female Tyrunt with 2 IV's, so I basically won't breed for any fossils/starters anymore because it takes forever :(

I hear you on that. I have yet to get a single IV out of 20 eggs for Charmander. Right now I am actually just trying to get a shiny one to see what it looks like in reborn

I hear you on that. I have yet to get a single IV out of 20 eggs for Charmander. Right now I am actually just trying to get a shiny one to see what it looks like in reborn

Are you two using the Power Items? Cause you should, they really speed IV breeding up (those and the Destiny Knot).

And to see what a shiny looks like, go to your game's folder>graphics>battlers.

Are you two using the Power Items? Cause you should, they really speed IV breeding up (those and the Destiny Knot).

And to see what a shiny looks like, go to your game's folder>graphics>battlers.

Thanks a ton for pointing out where to see the shinies. I had almost given up with the charizard thing but I love the shiny colour.

And no haven't started with power items and destiny knot. Until I actual searched everything in charizards egg group I had nothing with 30/31 IV values, after searching I have found quite a few with those values for everything except HP, best I have there is a 28 which isn't too bad anyway.

So now it's back to the grind at least now I have a clearer direction. I don't know what will take longer. Getting the shiny or the IVs