What would your trainer theme be?

Grizzlybrand

Oh deeear. This is all I really do when I listen to music in the car: think of character themes!

For a normal theme, it would probably be...

...something like this? Whimsical, but with sort of a weight to it.

And battle themes, battle themes! Oh maaaan.

Me and my weeaboo taste in music.

Edited by Densha

If I were to have a theme as a trainer, it would have to be percussive, but also feature a bit of haunting piano. A little bit of edge mixed with a quieter bridge - and finally, horns.

Whenever RuneScape started replacing their .MIDI tracks with orchestral work, they've hit on some great themes. :)

I got quite a few choices, but if I had to choose one

You may defeat me... but at what cost? Will you be able to look at yourself afterwards? Will my fall really give you the answers you seek? Or will you be left just as empty and hollow as before?

No matter what, I'll always win in the end. So you might as well...just join the family.

Mkay the one I posted was a bit of a joke, got really into the question yesterday and I've come up with a more legitimate answer.

My theme would have to be this.

Its fast passed and blends a veriety of instruments form different genres like violin, saxophone and more modern musical sounds that put it in a nice undefined area.

So I found this topic and fell in love. Two or so days later I'm back with an answer. I've searched hard and found good themes to represent me as a trainer. I could not pick one, but here is my trainer theme.

Normal Battle:

This is somewhat mysterious and yet holds a battle tone. My trainer persona is kind of an outcast this theme suits his lonely, diligent struggle.

Champion Theme:

If I am the champion this is the theme during a challenger's battle against me. Epic, blood-pumping music, but has a side that makes it feel like a genuine competition.

And lastly

I found this theme during my search and couldn't leave it out. I feel it's suited to a battle of betrayal, one where I'm facing my closest friend turned enemy. It begins playing during an auto playing cut scene and we enter battle as it picks up.

Eh, figured I'd put up a few more and expand upon my first post, so...

Most of them are circumstance related, and follow at least somewhat of a story order. The overall Archetype is a "Fall to the Darkside":

Key:

Thematic Significance/ "Battle Theme Name"

An Average Clash/ "Standard Battle"

A Clash of Rivals/ "Worthy Foe"

A Clash of Wills/ "Crossroads"

A Clash of Hearts & Souls/ "The Chosen Road"

A Fall to Darkness/ "One Way Road"

Decisive Battle/ "Hell on Wheels"

Last Stand ((Grand Finale))/ "Dead End"