Poll: Options for an Anime OST thread/Flux's Collection of Anime OSTs

Flux

Anime OST Recommendation Thread  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which way would you prefer?

• A thread dedicated solely to Flux's list, which he can update constantly as he comes across new content, creating an archive of sorts.
    • A thread in which everyone can post their favorite tracks from Anime OSTs, creating an archive of different opinions rather than a single updated list.
    • Both of the above are nice. Make two threads.
    • I couldn't care less. (Why am I even reading this thread?)

Hey guys. So I mentioned this in a status update the other day, but the idea came across a few issues that this poll is here to resolve. Basically, I had the idea to create a thread in which I would pick apart various anime OSTs (Or original soundtracks, for those who may not know the term) and present to you all a list of what I consider the most worthwhile tracks from each OST. I think we oftentimes get so caught up in an anime's plot and characters that we fail to realize that many of them have great soundtracks, or at least a few good songs buried among the others. This list would serve to bring those tracks to light, being updated as I come across more OSTs, basically becoming a source of new and good tracks for anyone who shares my taste in music. There were some problems presented to the idea, and it basically comes down to two options, both with their ups and downs:

1. I go with my original idea and create a thread devoted specifically to my list. The upsides are that I can guarantee quantity and quality for those who share my taste. I listen the the OSTs of almost every anime I watch, which I'm pretty sure most people don't do, so I can guarantee a lot of updates and content, which may not be the case in the other situation. Another upside would be organization. If I'm the only one formatting and updating a list, I can keep it very neatly organized, posting updates every time new songs are added that detail what songs they are, etc, whereas I won't be able to update in a community setting. The downsides are that it would be limited to my taste in music as well as the anime I have seen (Though it would be updated over time), so if you disagree with what I think is good, then the thread won't be of much use to you. (I like to think I have good taste though, at least when it comes to anime music). That's pretty much the only real downside to this option that I can think of, though it could be a big one for some people.

2. I create a community thread where everyone can post a list of their favorite anime tracks. The upside would be that you get a wide range of opinions and anime, leaving something for everyone, and everyone can be involved. The downsides would be that it would be harder to organize, meaning as page count increases, the majority of posts will get buried, never to be found again, while the first option could always be found in the OP. There's also no guarantee to how many people would actually post or be able to post in the thread, due to lack of knowledge on the topic or whatever.

So basically, I'm leaving it to you guys to decide. Which would you like to see more? Or would you like to see both threads? Please leave me a vote and your reasoning, and my thanks to anyone who helps me out here!

This is your gig, so run it however you'd like, I say. I think swapping between what you'd like to listen to and- if you're intrigued- listening to others' suggestions is a good solution. Though I'd think it easier to start with what you want to listen to and get into the rhythm of how you'll run this before incorporating others' suggestions.

That´s a nice thread idea you had. I´ll agree with Arkh on this one, but if there´s no anime song thread in the Radio Tower yet you could have a simple one started, so you can have another source for your own thread.

Also, listen to Noir´s OST. Kajiura Yuki extremely OP. ^_^

i think that having the whole communities list is better then just one person and also if you make a thread this song in my opinion is 10/10

there's already an opening/ending thread if you wanna share that. and i agree, man with a mission's songs are all freaking great.