Soaring High Above - A Hardcore Flying Monotype Run

DarkIceCream

flying-pokemon-birds1.jpg

SOARING HIGH ABOVE

~ A Hardcore Flying Monotype Run ~

Yes, you heard it... A Hardcore version of a Flying Monotype Run...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello guys! I'm Dark Ice Cream, a fairly new member of this community. A spot-on average newbie on Pokemon, and aspires to see more.

So, currently, I located a hardcore version of Reborn. I haven't finished Reborn and started a bit, until the part of the green haired guy. He's so cheeky, I love love like love love love it hate it. Hahaha! Anyways, here's some few reminders about the run:

1. I may use pokemons with different types as long as the final evolution of that certain monster has a Flying-type.

2. I may use pokemons as my HM Slave if I wanted to. I think I may want to get a Pickup slave for it.

3. I cannot use any pokemons that isn't a flying-type in any will.

4. My pokemons can go over the cap to get the moveset I want it (as my brother suggested it), no need for revealing to the upcoming update, just to remind that I have to decrease the level using Common Candies, like my brother said to me.

5. I cannot put any other types in the box unless its a flying type pokemon.

6. My challenge after this is to capture ALL POKEMON with FLYING TYPE IF POSSIBLE.. Some flying type pokemons aren't available in game, such as Fletchling(?). I may try to use Pokemon Location Guide somewhere here.

That's enough of it. Here's things you may expect in the run. Obviously, I would tell the most important events ONLY here, such as Boss battles, Gym battles, etc. I cannot add pictures, sadly, to the battles, YET I will post a picture of my current team after each gym battle. In the end of each update, I will include such categories likewise, Summarization, Current Team details, Boxed Pokemons, Newly Captured Pokemons.

Here's the deal, you may suggest pokemons you may want to see in the early updates and suggest things about them. Would you want them to be in a certain nature, suggest a good movepool, something in the lines like those.

That's enough of it! Expect that I will choose Charmander as my starter, haha classic. Anyways, tune in to SOARING HIGH ABOVE!

~ From the WINGS FAMILY

Edited by DarkIceCream

Ooh, a Flying Monotype. There's quite a few Flying types available, so you should be able to use a variety of Pokemon. Anyway, if you need to change your Mystery Egg, you can always use the Request-a-Mon thread so you get a Flying type, and you might also want to look at this Monotype Availability Thread to see if you missed anything.

Good luck~

There's too much to choose from! I'll see what I can do. Since most of them are half sided type, Normal Flying, Bug Flying, etc. I might choose the one who is perfect for the team.

I don't know much about Reborn now, so clueless about Mystery Egg. Will check it out later. Thanks for the links!

Seems interesting! I love flying types, so i'll definitly follow this

GL :)

Loved them and thanks for the follow!

Fun fact, the signature pokemon I had was Butterfree. In Pokemon Leaf Green, I had it with me til Level 92 to the One Island with others 40+. Hahaha! Funny enough it was the most powerful team I had ever. So yeah!

Here's a nice poll. Since I just read about the Mystery Eggs, which Mystery Egg pokes should I get based on their strength, speed etc.

Togepi - The cute egg menace killer

Vullaby - The guy that I thought would be good but changed

Starly - The star of all season

Edited by DarkIceCream

If you beat some diffiicult battles earlier than me, I'll be mad.

Joke mate, good luck, and don't forget to catch Butterfree, Mothim and a Vespiquen, those three can easily become early game bosses.

Here's a nice poll. Since I just read about the Mystery Eggs, which Mystery Egg pokes should I get based on their strength, speed etc.

Togepi - The cute egg menace killer

Vullaby - The guy that I thought would be good but changed

Starly - The star of all season

Out of these three, I think that you should change your Mystery Egg to (if it's not already) Togepi. Mandibuzz isn't the best in terms of offense (it's more defensive), and Starly will be available later (although by later, it's much later, but it's still available in E15).

If it means anything, I would recommend asking for the mystery egg to be a starly or togepi, as I believe these are the only two flying types to get a fighting type move to cover that weakness to rock types. Alse, if you do pick up a murkrow, wait until it gets sucker punch to evolve it, as sucker punch makes it much more viable. Best of luck to you friend.

If you beat some diffiicult battles earlier than me, I'll be mad.

Joke mate, good luck, and don't forget to catch Butterfree, Mothim and a Vespiquen, those three can easily become early game bosses.

Just remember, I don't know anything about Reborn. I haven't got to the First Gym yet, so I'm blind!

Butterfree is sick, Mothim might be a good bulk and Vespiquen could be nice.

Out of these three, I think that you should change your Mystery Egg to (if it's not already) Togepi. Mandibuzz isn't the best in terms of offense (it's more defensive), and Starly will be available later (although by later, it's much later, but it's still available in E15).

I may pick Togepi since my challenge here is to get all flying type pokemons, and Starly will be available much later.

If it means anything, I would recommend asking for the mystery egg to be a starly or togepi, as I believe these are the only two flying types to get a fighting type move to cover that weakness to rock types. Alse, if you do pick up a murkrow, wait until it gets sucker punch to evolve it, as sucker punch makes it much more viable. Best of luck to you friend.

Cheers, mate!

This might take a while. Considering my time to play and edit some scripts, it might take a short while.

I may be update this the next day since I will be leaving.

Here's some small update:

I am using a SHINY Charmander with good not great IVs. Next one was a Great IVed Pidgey. And another is a SHINY Caterpie with good IVs. I will be thinking of a way on how to get a Burmy and a Combee since I don't have a headbutt.

Team:

Jambo:SHINY Charmander - Level 14

Blaze Ability

Docile Nature

Movepool

Scratch

Growl

Ember

Smokescreen

IV:28/11/26/27/8/4

Knight:Pidgey - Level 14

Tangled Feet Ability

Calm Nature

Movepool

Tackle

Sand Attack

Gust

Quick Attack

IV:13/27/13/8/31/21

Bloom:SHINY Metapod - Level 9

Shed Skin Ability

Docile Nature

Movepool

Tackle

String Shot

Harden

IV:16/20/17/13/17/16

Sorry for this update. I have one ready but its not finished. Hoped this make up!

Edited by DarkIceCream

Update #1: The New Beginning, The New.... Explosions?
As I, Ice, Landed to the Lower Peridot Station, running away from the massive destruction, I met some few officers, the beautiful white haired girl, Ame, and a nitwitted cheerful person, Julia, explaining about the bomb exploded, and me taking part of the Reborn League. I replied, no, well of course, I will! I facepalmed in front of her though her cheerfulness wasn't erased.
I raced with Ame down to the Grand Hall but I technically failed tons! When I was almost reaching the Hall, I met a girl, named Victoria. She noticed me and helped me to go inside. We saw Ame in front of the counter and TEASED me that she was faster. I groaned for my failure but the show has to go on. She invited me to go on to the top to get my first pokemon and decided to take Charmander as my starter.
It was shiny like a Sapphire. Though his SpDef and Speed has bad IVs, I might just go along with it. Welcome to the team JAMBO! I was happy that he could join along the team, and I settled to go down stairs.
So Victoria was next to get her pokemon and I was left behind. I met a guy named Cain and said I was... Cute? I am cute but saying a guy cute from a guy makes it incredibly awkward. So he challenged me to a fight and I won by speed and using a potion.
Next was a mistake. I was trying to put my Normal Gem which I randomly clicked everywhere before I got to the Hall, clicking B.. B.. B.., and I said No in healing. NOOOOOOOO!!! I lost to Vittorias Secret. So, I admitted defeat. But she was humble, and still be my friend. So I have to set on to the new journey with the new things I got, Poke Dex and Gear, and some Pokeballs.
And wonderful, I got defeated by a Mega Rayquaza. How funny, ha ha ha!
And off we go to that Fern guy! As we ventured to somewhere to find a way to continue the plot, a guy with green hair was spotted. I came closer to him and he told something about him invited to the wrong factory from Florinia. I wasted his time, according to him, and we battled off in front of the factory.

Since Lombre will be the first one, I chose Knight to start off the game. As it outsped Lombre, he attacks him with gusts. He struggles with his might as he continuously use Growl on him. What? Really, Fern? Growl? I'm using Gust so it won't be weakened by a bit. So I charged in to another Gust and as again, Growl from Lombre. Last Gust should finish him, and it did!
9fswNAb.png
So, I don't really want to overstress Knight so I changed him to Jambo who will be saving me from Servine. Jambo came in first so he attacks with Ember, adding a STAB to Servine, which made his health yellow. He counterattack with Vine Whip, and it just tickled me. He was terrified so he used Potion to Servine while I intercept with Ember. He didn't hesitate to use a potion so I defeated Servine with another Ember coming from Jambo's fiery mouth.
ZnrncCp.png
The last one was Roselia, his signature Pokemon. I didn't hesitated to use Bloom as just a counterfeint of his additional Poison-type effect. So I readied myself and switched to little Bloom. He got out his Roselia and attacked me with Mega Drain, which should deal 1/4 of it due to my type. I tried to use Stun Spore but it didn't had an effect to Roselia so I failed. He used again another Mega Drain and dealt just a few of my health. Next up was my Confusion that was ready to hit him. Dealing with a critical hit, didn't made his health go yellow, but it made him weaker. He counterattacks with another Mega Drain and forcing me to use another Confusion on him. He decided now to use... Poison Sting? Its like how he hit me with his pitiful Mega Drain so I finished him with another Confusion and I won!
BMueaic.png

At last, his downfall came to play. A huge game everyone! He babbled and babbled saying I'm worthless after the fight. Called me a loser (what an idiot) and left the entrance.
So this is the end of my update. Next one will be fighting the Team Meteor... and the Gym Leader, Julia! See you on the next update, might be on the 12th.
This is my team standing for today.
9EAPLlx.png
Team:

In the next update, I won't be showing any pictures about my team, instead I will be posting updates via texts in this set of categories by pokemon.

Level - Name/Species - Gender - Item Held
(GIF)
Nature:
Ability:
Movepool:
-
-
-
-

Bloom - SHINY Butterfree - Docile Nature
PzEx5hK.png
KPMY6Ly.png