Which stat would you specialize in if you were a stat trainer?

TimTim

I like fast, physical attackers. It works well with at least one of my favourite types, Flying.

Gets a bit more difficult with Steel because some of the 'mons I like are rather slow (hi Steelix), but then you've got Durant, and pokemon like Klinklang with Shift Gear or Metagross with Bullet Punch (or, yknow, Megagross), that can still keep up. But thing is, I wouldn't normally focus only on one stat, soo.

But yee, speed is a nice thing.

Sometimes a match is judged on who can hit harder faster. Most of the time my creations have enough speed to mess up with the tiers, and every time I teambuild, I check to give as little speed needed, but on already fast pokemon. Examples include EV spreads on scarfers and pokemon with speed boosting moves. At the same time, you need to give speed to slower pokemon to make them fearsome. Not all pokemon with great base speed will invest in it, and not all slower pokemon will be left to their doom by not investing any. You have to find the fine line and know how much speed to give. That's what a speed trainer should be all about. After all, there are many types of speed, compared to other stats. Unburden is still netting you speed, Tailwind too. I also consider priority moves as "speed", so yeah, sometimes the match just has to run in your favor.

Special defense probably, if not HP. As for my signature...Clefable either way,

You gotta have the mental willpower to deal with special onslaughts lest they catch you off guard. You can cripple the strong with burning, slow the swift with hazards or paralysis, but a special cannon will wreck havoc given the chance and there's little way to stop them if they do.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex