Wouldn't it be cool if one of your pokemon could turn into a pulse version

aGoodCabinet

Well actually, the PULSE project was originally meant to be a harmless artificial form of mega evolution mainly for the purpose of helping healing pokemon use their abilities. Team Meteor just happened to take over the project and probably just don't care enough to refine the process to not harm the user

Using a PULSE machine on your own Pokémon is like that one episode of Yu-Gi-Oh where Yami used his opponent's Seal of Orichalcos and then lost the duel.

It's morally reprehensible, and it's bound to bite you in the ass.

Yeah that's probably gonna be not very cool if you're not a heartless sadist (becuase let's face it, Reborn already has a fair share of sadists with hearts). It seems more like a forced Mega Evolution if you ask me. Almost like something Colress would cook up, except it's more diabolical.

Using a PULSE machine on your own Pokémon is like that one episode of Yu-Gi-Oh where Yami used his opponent's Seal of Orichalcos and then lost the duel.

It's morally reprehensible, and it's bound to bite you in the ass.

Or it could end up like his final fight with Dartz, where Dartz has a monster with infinite attack and Yami totally abuses the hax and wins with infinity + 1, thereby channeling his inner Kaiba and becoming one with the hair.

But seriously, no PULSE use by the protagonist. I once joked about hooking Fern up to one, but quite frankly that would be mortifying in every way imaginable.

What if the player has already released their starter?

True that, the possibility exists, but ....how about this

Regardless of whether you still have your starter or not, make a script that somehow chain-connects to oneof the 18 starters and when the time comes, you are forced to meet and battle a pulse of your starter (if you released it, you would be meeting it as an enemy as it somehow got captured by meteors) :ph34r:

I just love the thought process behind this

"Let's get something that makes a supercomputer look inferior and hook it up to a machine that tortures it!"

10/10 plan, can't go wrong, just like with Abra

i believe people who tried out the abra plan in the first place could pull that stunt of and funny thing i realized where you get beldum there's a pulse machine around the same cave system diffirent room though wait are we sure mr bigglesworth a pulse or did they really oh.

Nah, not only they are rooted at one spot, you are killing a member of your team and causing widespread chaos and likely destruction without much of a chance to control it (even Abra seemed to kill someone), and it's likely less powerful battle wise than Mega Evolution. I'll get a mega ring instead, thank you very much.

It's a game man, DEAL WITH IT

Blake pls

That said, though, I do find the idea interesting in the sense of what repercussions it would have for us if we did get the option to PULSE a 'mon. Not even necessarily our own, but just

What if there was a point at which we could do it to further our own goals, or, dunno, hit meteor hard? What would the other characters think of us? What would it mean for the story?

I'd be curious to see the result. Especially if it is purely optional and we could say yes/no.

Say, "yes" and we use it, but our allies punish us in some way, say "no" and Meteor succeeds with something.

Edited by Ama

Maybe there will be a hint to take our starter into the area, and it gets kidnapped

And by hint I mean forcing you :3

Or..... in the final boss battle it would be cool to have to PULSE one of your starters to fight Lin or something. Now there's a battle I'd like to do

This, I love this idea.

What's more heartbreaking than fighting the pokemon you raised from the beginning of the game, the one that's always been there for you, the Pokemon that led you to where you are!

Or voluntarily killing it to defeat the big bad of the game, that would still be an awesome yet cruel sacrifice.

True that, the possibility exists, but ....how about this

Regardless of whether you still have your starter or not, make a script that somehow chain-connects to oneof the 18 starters and when the time comes, you are forced to meet and battle a pulse of your starter (if you released it, you would be meeting it as an enemy as it somehow got captured by meteors) :ph34r:

The idea of fighting your starter if you released it sounds great, imagine your pokemon really liked you and you released it and now the poor Pokemon holds a grudge against you and Meteor takes advantage of that, thus making a harder fight for you since it actually wants to fight you

Blake pls

That said, though, I do find the idea interesting in the sense of what repercussions it would have for us if we did get the option to PULSE a 'mon. Not even necessarily our own, but just

What if there was a point at which we could do it to further our own goals, or, dunno, hit meteor hard? What would the other characters think of us? What would it mean for the story?

I'd be curious to see the result. Especially if it is purely optional and we could say yes/no.

Say, "yes" and we use it, but our allies punish us in some way, say "no" and Meteor succeeds with something.

The end justify the means. If you can't beat PULSE Arceus, make a PULSE of your own.

wait you're part of team meteor, is that the plan

This, I love this idea.

What's more heartbreaking than fighting the pokemon you raised from the beginning of the game, the one that's always been there for you, the Pokemon that led you to where you are!

Or voluntarily killing it to defeat the big bad of the game, that would still be an awesome yet cruel sacrifice.

The idea of fighting your starter if you released it sounds great, imagine your pokemon really liked you and you released it and now the poor Pokemon holds a grudge against you and Meteor takes advantage of that, thus making a harder fight for you since it actually wants to fight you

now im gona secretly hope this somehow happens ..

but i doubt it :ph34r:

No. Pulse is a machine meant to force a pokemon to its full potential, much like other devices used in past games/movies (dark balls and shadow pokemon?). If we used a Pulse on our pokemon then we would be the bad guys, using our pokemon as tools. Mega evolution only works with a bond between trainer and pokemon, but the pulse forces the pokemon into a mega-like form against its will. This is not something to use on your pokemon.

No. Pulse is a machine meant to force a pokemon to its full potential, much like other devices used in past games/movies (dark balls and shadow pokemon?). If we used a Pulse on our pokemon then we would be the bad guys, using our pokemon as tools. Mega evolution only works with a bond between trainer and pokemon, but the pulse forces the pokemon into a mega-like form against its will. This is not something to use on your pokemon.

For some reason, after reading your post, I started to wonder:

What if we hooked a Shadow Pokémon to a PULSE machine?

jan make it happen

For some reason, after reading your post, I started to wonder:

What if we hooked a Shadow Pokémon to a PULSE machine?

jan make it happen

Nah, Shadow Pokemon are by themselves rabid attack dogs, adding a PULSE to it will likely end up razing the entire place without much chance to controlling it, perhaps good to destroy everything, but it will likely end with a severe loss of manpower and perhaps some valuable recourses (I am fairly sure ZEL is the only one who can deal with the tech involving it).