Which pokemon shouldn't be in that Team? Which should? :)

Solor

Hey Guys'n'girls!

Like the Topic already says, i want to change my team and i do have a slight plan which ones. But more to this later. First comes the Team.

Metagross (+atk -sp.atk "clear body) Agility, Zen Headbutt, Hammer Arm, Meteor Smash.

Sceptile (+ sp.atk -sp.def "overgrow") Dual Chop, Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Gigadrain

Swampert (+sp.atk -speed "torrent") Muddy Water, Hydro Pump, Earthquake, Hammer Arm (with Wide Lens/168 atk 144 sp.atk/lvl60)

Luxray (+atk -sp.def "guts") Charge, Wild Charge, Thunder Fang, ...Strength

Arcanine (+atk -def "flash fire") Extreme Speed, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Close Combat

Noivern (+speed -atk "telepathy") Dragon Pulse, Air Slash, Super Fang, Roost

So, this is my Team. As you can probably think, Arcanine, Luxray, Metagross and Swampert have a high attack stat, Noivern and Sceptile a high sp. attack. Swampert does also have a good sp attack stat, because i thought about muddy water and hydro pump to be a "good to have" against pokemon with water weakness and/or low sp.def.

Luxray on the other hand only has its high attack stat, which is even lower than metagross. Its deff is really low and i think its the one i want to change, because i need 1 more with good sp.atk and good 'ol arcanine knows Thunder Fang. The only Reason i like it, is because its shiny and shiny luxray looks like HES FROM HELL!

Metagross is nice as it is in my opinion. It does what it should.

Arcanine could have better iv's but thats breeding stuff. It hits pretty good and lives long enough to make a certain amount of damage.

Sceptile and Noivern. They're the Reason why I'm so confused. Sceptile has some pretty good moves and enough defence to gigadrain some rounds and do a lot of damage, but somtimes it gets hit hard and wipes in the first round. It also has Grass type, which i think i could dispose of, thinking about my thunder fang arcanine or my swampert. Noivern on the other hand is a dragon, which i like, with a secondary type, which i dont like. its my fastest pokemon and it could kill damaged enemys. or lower the hp of tanky mons

so, luxrays probably the first pokemon i will replace. thought about gengar, but its other stats than sp atk and speed made me afraid. My Plan is to have a good variety of types who can counter others, and a balance between sp and normal attack. Also, one quick mon. sooo...

long story short: Please feel free to make constructive comments about which pokemon i should replace with whom, and of course replacing an attack with another maybe :)

Have a nice Day!

Edit: I put the abilities into the pokemon description. Im Currently at Iolia Valley. First Playthrough.

Edited by Solor

Luxray is probably most replaceable mon at the moment, the speed is rather subpar and there are better electric types like Electivire and Eelektross, with each having their niche such as former with more versatile movepools and coverage if you are able to breed ice punch, fire punch, cross chop into it and later with levitate that renders it basically no weakness with only poor speed as its only flaw, that is unless you run guts toxic orb luxray, which has impeccable boosted attack. In addition to your stats and nature, i would like to also learn about your mons abilities in order to gain a better insight. Arcanine would have a better movepool if you had held off the evolution from growlithe since it learns many useful moves like outrage and crunch in later levels, the elemental fangs are too weak without ability strong jaw which arcanine doesnt have, as better user of elemental fangs are mons like strong jaw tyrantrum.

Edited by TimTim

I'd agree that Luxray is the weakest link on your team. I'd consider replacing it with a different electric type. Some I'd consider that weren't mentioned above include dedenne Ampharos and Galvantula. I've heard the former is one of the best electric types in Reborn at the moment with great bulk and nice offence (and the possibility of a future mega). Galvantula is really frail but has sticky web and great special attack.

Nice team though :D

hmm well i have to agree with the rest on luxray being the weakest link in the team. Also sceptile can be replaced if you want there are better grass types. Well here is what i would do to make your current team better without replacing anyone:

Metagross

Ability:Clear body

Nature:Adamant(+Atk,-SpAtk)

Hammer Arm

Gyro ball/Bulldoze( well you can get gyro ball TM right now in reborn so you will just have to find it this thread should help)

Meteor Mash

Zen Headbutt

Sceptile(Special attack)(you will need to breed a new treeko cause treeko gets energy ball at lvl 37)

Ability:Unburden

Nature:Modest(+SpAtk,-Atk)

Energy Ball

Giga drain

Dragon Breath(egg move breed with Altaria)

Leech seed(egg move breed with turtwig/bulbasaur or use this chain hoppip(leech seed)>Tropius/shover>treeko)

Sceptile(physical atk)

Ability: Unburden

Leaf Blade

Night Slash/crunch(crunch if want to breed/night slash just use a heart scale)

Screech

Acrobatics/X-Scissors

Swampert

Ability:torrent

Earthquake

Waterfall

Hammer Arm/Brick Break

Rock Slide

Luxray

Ability:Guts/Rivalry/Intimidate

Nature:Jolly(+speed,-SpAtk)

Crunch

Thunder Fang

Wild Charge

Ice fang(egg move)

Arcanine

Ability: Justified

Nature: Adamant(+Atk,-SpAtk)

Extreme Speed

Flare Blitz

Thunder Fang

Close Combat

Noivern

Ability:Infiltrator

Nature: Modest(+SpAtk,-Atk)

Boomburst

Dragon Pulse

Air Slash/Hurricane

Flamethrower

Well if you want to replace luxray here is a list of electric type you can consider using

Special Attack Electric type

Heliolisk

Ability:Solar power

Thunderbolt/Thunder

Surf

Dark pulse

Grass knot/Round

Ampharos

Ability:static/plus

Thunder/discharge

Signal Beam

Dragon pulse

Power Gem

Raichu

Ability: Lightning Rod/Static

Thunderbolt

Nasty Plot

Grass Knot

Thunder/discharge

Magnezone

Ability:Analytic/Sturdy

Discharge

Flash cannon

Tri-Attack

Mirror Coat

Lanturn

Ability:Volt absorb

Discharge

Signal Beam

Icy wind

Surf

Galvantula

Ability:Swarm

Bug buzz

Signal Beam

Discharge

Sticky web

Eelektross

Ability: levitate

Flamethrower

Grass knot

Discharge

Thunderbolt

Manectric

Ability:Lighting Rod/Static

Flamethrower

Discharge

Uproar/round/hidden power(uproar is an egg move)

Thunder

Physical Attack Electric type

Electivire

Ability: Motor Drive

Ice punch(egg move)

Thunder punch

Low kick/brick break

Bulldoze/Screech

Zebstrika

Ability:Motor Drive/Sap sipper/ lightning Rod

Flame Charge

Wild Charge

Thrash

Spark

Eelektross

Ability: Levitate

Wild Charge

Crunch

Crush claw

Brick Break

Also if you want to replace sceptile with a better grass type here is a list of grass types you can consider using:
Special Attack grass types

Lilligant
Ability:Chlorophyll
Quiver dance
Leech seed
Energy ball
Nature Power
Abomasnow
Ability:Snow Warning
Blizzard
Water Pulse
Grass knot
Icy wind/shadow ball( shadow ball if you got it from shade in earlier episodes)
Whimsicott
Ability: Prankster
Nature:Timid(+Speed,-Atk)
Tailwind/Moonblast( go tailwind if you want it to be a full support )
Fake Tears(egg move)
Encore(egg move)
Worry Seed/Energy Ball( Go worry seed if you want it to be full support)
Roserade
Ability:Natural Cure
Venoshock
Toxic Spikes/Toxic
Giga Drain
Petal Dance/Shadow ball( shadow ball if u got it from shade in earlier episode)
Ludicolo
Ability:Rain Dish/Swift swim
Energy Ball
Surf
Icy wind
Grass knot/Water pulse/Nature power/Hydro Pump/Rain dance( depends on what you want)
Exeggutor
Ability:Chlorophyll/Harvest
Skill Swap/Trick room/Reflect/Sunny day
Leaf Storm
Psyshock
Solarbeam/Uproar

Physical attack Grass types

Trevenant
Ability:Harvest/Natural Cure
Leech seed
Horn leach
Wood Hammer
Shadow Claw/Phantom Force
Chesnaught
Ability:Bulletproof
Bulk up
Hammer Arm
Wood Hammer
Pain Split/Leech seed
Leavanny
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance/fell Stinger
Sticky Web/Protect
X-Scissors
Leafeon
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance
Baton Pass/Synthesis
Facade/Last Resort
Abomasnow
Ability:Snow Warning
Ice Punch(use heart scale)
Wood hammer
Seed Bomb(egg move)
Avalanche(egg move)
Torterra
Ability:Shell Armor
Earthquake
Wood Hammer
Curse/leech seed
Crunch
Cacturne
Ability: Water Absorb
Seed Bomb/Needle Am(seed bomb is an egg move)
Sucker Punch
Destiny Bond
Brick Break

well that all i think hope it helps.

Thank you all :) I consider to replace sceptile with a better grass type you mentioned. the thing with the electric type is, i would like to replace it with another type of pokemon with a good atk stat. something that more "balances" my team than electric. suggestions?

Then swap Luxray for Scrafty. It gives you some needed Dark coverage, and STAB Fighting moves.

You can make every single one of Scrafty's ability work on your team, and you can transform it into a badass sweeper once the fairies are gone by breeding Dragon Dance and using Moxie.

I'd suggest either Lucario or Bisharp too, but those two will add to Ground weakness you have right now. So, maybe Scrafty would work.

I have no suggestions for Grass types, but if you decide on Scrafty, it would be in your best interest to use a Special Grass type, since Physical Attacks will be the main attacks you'll have.

And if everything fails, remember that Bibarel is always there. With it's OP moody~

Maybe Mienshao would be a good fit it hits like a truck with HJK+Reckless. hmm other physical attackers maybe medicham since it has Elemental punches+ good physical attack psychic and fighting moves and pure power makes it hit hard but the problem with medicham is its speed is not that great. Scrafty is a safe choice since it is kinda tanky and has the elemental punches+DD but its speed is just low. If you want a sweeper i would go for mienshao. if you want a tanky set up sweeper go for Scrafty and if u just wanna do dmg go for medicham.

FYI for future teambuilding there is a really useful site that highlights your offensive/defensive team coverage. I had some time so I wrote up the 5 'mon you want to keep and moves here: http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?376|254|260|59|715

The "best" offensive STAB options you are missing (widest offensive coverage options) are fighting, rock, and ice. You have plenty of non-stab fighting attacks so I'd say you actually want to look for rock/ice especially because they both check flying types which is what your Luxray gave you previously. Looking on the defensive side you have no resistances to dark or ghost - so I feel like Weavile would be a really good fit for your team once you get it

You can catch it in Ametrine Mountain once you get Waterfall which is still unfortunately quite a bit away

If you are looking for something right now that you could start using right now here are some other suggestions:

- Mamoswine (very bulky and has access to ice shard for priority although doubles up on ground types)

- Aerodactyl (extremely fast rock type which is rare, however doubles you up on flying types)

- Tyrantrum (two strong abilities and great attacking moves, doubles you up on dragon types)

And again i have to thank you very much guys :) I already replaced my sceptile with ..

Roserade (+sp atk. -atk) Petal Dance (will be replaced as soon as i get a good TM), Toxic Spikes, Venoshock, Giga Drain (thx Luna ;))

i gave it speed ev and a bit hp/def for its defensive play. luxray will be replaced soon, but i didn't made a choice right now.

I want to think about your suggestions and check some things. im gonna write here what i've done when im finished.

ps: thx MellowSlinky for the website. nice1 :)

Edited by Solor