What should I go for next?

m0b1us

While waiting for new episode releases, I like to breed and level up new additions to my pokemon team. It gives me something to do, keeps me prepared for any challenge and greatly reduces the overleveling potential (yes, I know what common candies do).

I really couldn't care less if my pokemon aren't the most competivly viable. I usually try to avoid super popular pokemon (Blaziken for example) since it seems like everyone has one of them.

The pokemon in rotation now are as follows.

Special Sweepers: Typhlosion, Porygon-z, Kingdra

Physical Sweepers: Staraptor, Feraligatr, Tyrantrum. At one point I had a Gyrados, but after it was made unobtainable it went into retirement.

Physical Tank/Bulky attacker: Sandslash, Aggron, Torterra

Special Tank/Bulky attacker: Dragalge, Dusclops, Throh

I am stuck on finding something I want to get next. Types I don't have yet are electric, ice, dark, psychic, bug and fairy. Though even without those types, the team still covers just about everything.

A few pokemon in mind are Sceptile (need to trade for a treeko), Avalungg, Altaria, Nidoqueen/king, Heracross, Flareon, Amphros, and Mismagius.

What would you add to this roster?

It's worth investing in a split attacker. Nidoking fits that niche great, though getting a good special move onto it is rough. Sludge Bomb/Wave is an excellent choice for that. I believe you get one or the other from Aya. From there, breed or level up to get some good moves.

Psychic: i'd say Gardevoir or, since you don't like overused mons, Gothitelle.

Dark: Bisharp (good defenses and amazing Atk) or Crawdant maybe.

Ice: Vanilluxe, definitely.

Bug: Escavalier (surprisingly good)/Accelgor (personally i like it a lot). Another choice could be Heracross.

Electric: Magnezone all the way.

Fairy: What about Sylveon? It has access to Pixilate + Trump Card.

I can come out with others if you want ~

It's worth investing in a split attacker. Nidoking fits that niche great, though getting a good special move onto it is rough. Sludge Bomb/Wave is an excellent choice for that. I believe you get one or the other from Aya. From there, breed or level up to get some good moves.

Ohh didn't think of that. I used to run a mixed Golduck and Flareon back in the RBY and GSC days. Flareon had crazy hits. If only it was a bit faster or had something like Ddance.

Psychic: i'd say Gardevoir or, since you don't like overused mons, Gothitelle.

Dark: Bisharp (good defenses and amazing Atk) or Crawdant maybe.

Ice: Vanilluxe, definitely.

Bug: Escavalier (surprisingly good)/Accelgor (personally i like it a lot). Another choice could be Heracross.

Electric: Magnezone all the way.

Fairy: What about Sylveon? It has access to Pixilate + Trump Card.

I can come out with others if you want ~

Magnezone is epic. But I just used a magneton in a recent play through of FR. Heracross would be nice, Aggron already fills a similar role that Escavalier would. The types were just to help give more ideas of what the team doesn't have. I am not opposed to introducing more of the same type.

Maybe a better way to ask is "What do you think would compliment the current roster the best?"

Ice: I would go for Mamoswine. Mamoswine is awesome at sweeping and if you want a physical atk ice type

Electric: Heiolisk. since he can learn most of the TMs and HMs available in game and learn decent electric type moves like thunder, thunderbolt, volt switch

Bug: Escavalier why because his typing make it that he is just weak to fire all you have to worry about is fire types and if you vs 1 you can swap it out for Typhlosion

Fairy:Gardevoir who does not want a shiny gardevoir looks so awesome and is a decent fairy type.

Dark: Zoroark. If you need a good special sweeper which tricks people zoroark can be fun to use.

well that all for now i have more suggestions but lets keep it short for now unless you want more.