Pokemon Se7en Episode 1 official topic (TO BE USED FOR TROUBLESHOOTING)

Tomas Elliot

why hello there!

you game is amazing, don get me wrong, but seriously, i cannot use it.

the current program i am using to read .rar files is 7zip, and for some reason i cannot extract the file.

i tried renaming the file to an zipped file, but that does not seem to work.

can someone please help?

i really want to play the game ;-;

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why hello there!

the current program i am using to read .rar files is 7zip, and for some reason i cannot extract the file.

can someone please help?

You using a mac? If so, download Unarchiver from the app store and use that to open the .rar files.

h0III!!! you know that problem where once you exit the starting town's gate checkpoint you somehow get stuck in a tree? well, i have a solushun!!!

when you're exiting the gate checkpoint, don't do it on the tile in the spoiler!

gady4Th.png

...or else you'll get stuck in a tree!! other than that, you're good to go! :3

well anyways here are some tile errors and typos--quite sure i missed a few but yeah.

CDFQhXT.png

(remove the first I)

8xonLuY.png

xhOdm2s.png

fYLhFTn.png

Attempting to retrieve this Parlyz Heal in Albion causes the game to crash. WARNING: Large Image

parlyz_heal_error.png

Reflections also don't work quite right, though I have no idea how to fix it.

reflection_error.png

EDIT: After speaking to Professor Acacia in Albion City, the game locks up and I can't do anything... I can't move or bring up the menu or autosave or anything :/ Basically same problem as Odybld.

Edited by BreezyPonie

capture000_zpsmfemeiek.png

This is a house in Kelon, just south of the Berry vendor. There is also a house slightly seen in the upper left corner of the screen. Both doors lead to the same room, intended for the house of this screen, since exiting the room leads outside of this one. It's the house with the guy talking about seeing someone in Halloween and then discovering it was a Pokemon. Propably same map file address used for both doors or something. Dunno how the program works.

Also the guard in the left checkpoint of Kelon says nothing and you can just walk over the Cut tree.

Also, the NPCs in cutscenes can walk on their way out through the NPCs walking around in the side of the screen. Cathie's dad went through an old sailor. Also I think there's a misplaced (!) cloud in that cutscene with him and Mary.

Edit: Also I peeked. The shiny backsprite of Roober's evo is missing.

Edit2: The seated boy in the checkpoint from where you enter Albion is irresponsive.

Will add the most relevant ones to the OP. Az should br ablr yo fix most of these easily, depending on how many he fixes we will decide if it is time to make an upated release.

Tried Lifoam and everything worked properly. Unfortunately, Lifoam isn't the starter I'd prefer to use. I'll check with the other starter and see how it works.

It also worked with Roobber.

Tried once again with Eufer and it freezes again.

So it must be Eufur's cry, or some other thing specifically linked to Eufur. Try and delete Eufur's cry from the sound folder, and see how it goes: if the problem is still there we will figure out something else.

why hello there!

can someone please help?

You are the only one who got this problem o.O

Try downloading the game again?

zrAFby9.png

tried to complete the police side quest where you show the kind a pokemon and it crashes after he gets done talking

Will add this to the OP

h0III!!! you know that problem where once you exit the starting town's gate checkpoint you somehow get stuck in a tree? well, i have a solushun!!!

when you're exiting the gate checkpoint, don't do it on the tile in the spoiler!

gady4Th.png

...or else you'll get stuck in a tree!! other than that, you're good to go! :3

well anyways here are some tile errors and typos--quite sure i missed a few but yeah.

CDFQhXT.png

(remove the first I)

8xonLuY.png

xhOdm2s.png

fYLhFTn.png

Will add these to the OP

Ok, that warrants a new post and not just an edit to the other: After the cutscene with Acacia in her Lab, I can't move, access the menu, do anything.

I think I have an idea of why this is happening. If you have saved before the event, try doing it again: if you get the same problem, please post a screen.

yo i couldn't do this is beta...

NcDkctX.png

For the love of God Red cut your screenshots so that only the part relevant to this topic is left <.<

Anyway adding to the list of tile errors to fix.

Attempting to retrieve this Parlyz Heal in Albion causes the game to crash. WARNING: Large Image

parlyz_heal_error.png

Reflections also don't work quite right, though I have no idea how to fix it.

reflection_error.png

EDIT: After speaking to Professor Acacia in Albion City, the game locks up and I can't do anything... I can't move or bring up the menu or autosave or anything :/ Basically same problem as Odybld.

Will add the Paralyze Heal one to the OP, while the reflection one... I don't really get what's your problem with that honestly o.O

For the Acacia problem, see what I told Ody upon quoting his post.

So far I've noticed a few small layering errors and some speech errors up to Kelon. The cut tree and the mysterious house teleport thing has already been mentioned though.

Tiles

Up every set of stairs your head clips the top of the handlebar

pda9bTq.png

The Cook house in the first village

IfQIjhJ.png

Lighthouse clips your head in Kelon

Xubn0c1.png

Not sure about this last one. Are the stairs meant to look like that?

7tLLxTN.png

Text errors

typical Your/You're error

IxhgxkD.png

Tim is speaking here

ELhiztP.png

T's?

PWo28R4.png

Tried to change the menu frame and this happened

XmYYqPc.png

Really, REEEEEALLY minor. "little Tyke" should not have a capital

sSImKBl.png

Edited by wytch_doctr

So far I've noticed a few small layering errors and some speech errors up to Kelon. The cut tree and the mysterious house teleport thing has already been mentioned though.

Tiles

Up every set of stairs your head clips the top of the handlebar

pda9bTq.png

The Cook house in the first village

IfQIjhJ.png

Lighthouse clips your head in Kelon

Xubn0c1.png

Not sure about this last one. Are the stairs meant to look like that?

7tLLxTN.png

Text errors

typical Your/You're error

IxhgxkD.png

Tim is speaking here

ELhiztP.png

T's?

PWo28R4.png

Tried to change the menu frame and this happened

XmYYqPc.png

Really, REEEEEALLY minor. "little Tyke" should not have a capital

sSImKBl.png

Some of these were known, adding rest to OP.

My game seem to crash whenever I battle this youngster here

10xr7m9.jpg

Weird. You are not getting one of the usual crash screens, and you seem to be the only one who has this problem. Is this in the area that has a way around? If so, just find a way around the guy. If not, upload your save file: I'll beat the guy for you and then give you back the save file so that you can continue.

There is no moment. The professor finishes her dialogue, leaves the screen, and I can't move.

JESUS CHRIST POST A DAMN SCREEN OF THAT. Why must you waste my time arguing like that? If I tell you that, in order to understand what is going on and find a way to help you, I need to see what you are seeing, just do it. Help me help you <.<

Why thank you so much.

So this is NOT what I thought it would be, which already excludes the map being the problem (seen? That's why I was asking for a screen).

I need some more info on the situation: does this happen to everyone, or just to some people? Everyone please report on this as soon as you get to the event in question.

And yes, it happened to me in Ody's file as well. This is serious, but it looks like Az is not online atm. We'll have to wait for him to fix the event, because at this point it is clear that there is some misconfiguration right there... This might call for an updated release.

• Veterans

TO ALL OF YOU STUCK AT ACACIA'S LAB.

I've fixed the problem and I've got a fixed map file here. Do note however, that certain people, Cough Tomas Cough have not had their problems resolved. If this fix does not work for you, I'll fix the savefiles myself along with Tomas.

Here you go!