Conqueror of worlds - An ancient pokemon (hardcore) playthrough

Genesis

I had been debating with myself for a while now about a monotype run I wanted to try and do. Since they all seem to have been done and documented I decided to try something different. I juggled around with a few ideas and thought a fossil pokemon run could be cool, but then I realised that there weren't all too many fossil pokemon and that the fighting gym leaders would be near impossible. So I decided to broaden it a bit and came up with a play through involving ancient/ pre historic pokemon.

Alright, let's get started with the boring part - the rules

Let's start with what pokemon are available to use. Please note that this is based mainly off of pokedex entries, fan speculation, confirmations and wiki. Please feel free to share your views on whether there are pokemon missing from the list or pokemon you feel should not be on the list:

• Legendary pokemon (While they can be used in the playthrough I have opted not to for obvious reasons):

Like Arceus, Mew, Ho-oh, Celebi etc all actual legendary pokemon

• Fossil Pokemon

Omanyte/ Omastar
Kabuto/ Kabutops
Aerodactyl M Aerodactyl
Lileep/ Cradilily
Relicanth (While not an actual fossil, it is considered a fossil pokemon)
Bastiodon/ Shieldon
Cranidos/ Rampardos
Archen/ Archeops
Tirtouga/ Carracosta
Amuara/ Aurorus
Tyrunt/ Tyrantrum

• Extra-terrestrial pokemon - these are considered viable since their age cannot be determined, but due to the laws of space travel we can assume that they are ions old

Elgyem/ Beheeyem

Cleffa/ Clefairy/ Clefable
Lunatone
Solrock
Staryu

• Other ancient pokemon (either confirmed through wiki entries, movies, dex entries or just fan speculation)

Baltoy (considered ancient)
Sigilyph (also considered ancient)
Yamash/ Cofagarius (considered ancient)
Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine (Mamoswine confirmed to be ancient being arounf wooly mammoths)
Tangela /Tangrowth (While not confirmed using same conjecture of ancient power needed to evolve like mamoswine)
Yanma/ Yanmega (same as above)
Genesect (the orginal one live with Kabuto's but I wouldn't use since it's too OP)
Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar (Theres some myth and dex entries about how they are born from ancient mountains and consume them to evolve. Also some speculation that it is from the T Rex)
Shellder/ Cloyster (they were natural food of Omanyte)
Unknown (confirmed to be ancient)
Carbink (Dex entry states it 's been underground for millions of years)
Golett/ Golurk (dex entry states it was fashioned off ancient science)
Shellos/Gastrodon (dex entry states "Long ago, its entire back was shielded with a sturdy shell. There are traces of it left in its cells" and also "It apparently had a huge shell for protection in ancient times. It lives in shallow tidal pools.")
All true single type Dragons - (dragons have been considered to have been around since ancient times and are "legendary")

Darmanitan: availible as statues around Desert Resort in BW (ancient guardians)
Aegislash: sword and sheild of ancient kings
Wailord: required to obtain the Regis in Hoenn, thus implied to be ancient enough to be around when the Regis were sealed.
Bronzong: look at the Pokédex entries. It supposedly was an ancient rain summoner
Spiritomb: the sealed soul of ancient evils. spoopy.
Lucario: The first Mega Evolution AND there's an entire movie about an older Lucario who saves the day
Volcarona: became the sun temporarily. It has it's own cult.
Folette-E: So this only applies to Floette-Eternal Flower, but feel free to let it cover regular Floette, too. It's basically the whole Az deal in XY.
Torkoal: said to have the cause of ancient natural disasters involving volcanoes
Lucario: Appeared in one of the movies as the first mega evolve in ancient pokemon
Tentacool/ Tentacruel and Frillish/ Jellycent: Based on the fact that jellyfish are some of the oldest organisms on earth having not evolved in millions of years
Carvanha/Sharpedo: same as above sharks have remained unchanged

Also these pokemon are ancient per definition listed in the first post of this topic:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18884

With what pokemon can be used here are the rest of the rules

• No revives
  • Use of potions limited to 2 per battle and only for Gym leader battles
  • My ace has to be on the team in every single battle
  • HM slaves can only be from the pokemon on the available list limited to this play through
  • Pokemon not on this list can only be obtained for the purpose of obtaining a pokemon on the list and may not be used in any trainer battles. (for instance, the Powerful Staraptor for an Aerodactyl)
  • For each gym battle, a new pokemon from the list has to be included and take part in the battle. Even if it is useless. (I am looking at you unknown)
  • All opponents must be beaten. Including Solaris.

The aim of this run is to be both challenging and fun. So if there are additional rules you think would make it better then feel free to suggest them.

Since none of the pokemon on the available list are actually available in the beginning of the game (the first one becomes available from Rhodecrine Jungle and a few more after you get rock smash), most are only really available from Spinel town when you have access to the museum.

Due to that I had 6 pokemon put in to my team to start off with. And because of that I have set some additional rules to ensure it is still tough:

• I can only use 3 4 pokemon for the first gym (Julia)
  • I can only use 4 5 pokemon for the second gym (Florina)
  • I can only use 5 the 6 pokemon I start with pokemon for the 3rd gym (Corey does not count as the 3rd gym, Shelly is the 3rd gym leader)
  • I can use any 6 pokemon from the 4th gym onwards (Shade) as long as the Ace remains on the team and there is at least 1 new member as stated above.

Removed team limitations

So without further ado, please meet the team I will also state briefly why they won't be OP in case some people start jumping up and down saying the team is broken

Genghis Level 5 250px-246Larvitar.pngNow while you might say, but wait, Tyranitar has 600bst, Larvitar does not. Thanks to its typing it has an abundance of weaknesses. It also only evolves to its next stage at level 30 (post Florina) and doesn't have any particularly good moves that make it OP early on. Tyranitar's typing gives it a fair amount of weaknesses as well. Starting out it has roughly the same stats as any general starter pokemon. He will be my ace

Slayer Level 5 dvg9l0.png Only evolves at level 40 (post Shade) doesn't have that great of a movepool early on. Plus has x4 weakness to Fern.

Nepolean Level 5 2ll29sk.pngAs above only evolves at level 40.

Frost Bite level 5 f0cc2o.pngYes, this is probably a little strong, I but I have to have some hope in hell against Florina's Cradilily. Also only evolves at level 39.

Hidori Level 5 250px-120Staryu.png Can't evolve until I get a water stone hopefully from mining. Still isn't super OP

Moist level 5 10s7ybk.pngI just love the in game animation of this pokemon with its tongue...being in a clam/oyster and all. Also only evolves when I can get a water stone.

Since previously I was a male and then a female, this time around I was very confused.

Please welcome Atilla in all Xe glory

1086a89.png

Our mission: to conquer the Reborn league and prove that pokemon did not need 100s of millions of years of Darwin's evolution to become capable

Edit #1: Changed the rules slightly since this will now be a hardcore playthrough because wynaut.png take an already difficult game, make it harder and then still mkae that even harder by limiting your options available.

Edit #2: Added Clefairy to extra terrestrial list

Edit #3: Added some more pokemon to availability list

Edit #4: Removed team limitations due to hardcore being super difficult. I kid you not. Now able to use a team of 6 pokemon from the beginning.

Edit #5: Added some more pokemon to the miscellaneous section

Edited by Genesis

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be interesting. I'll keep an eye on it. However, is this regular Reborn? I feel like Hardcore Reborn would be better for this. Loosen some of the limitations you give yourself in return for the gruelling journey of Hardcore Reborn, where you have to rely on hacks to win.

If not, this may be a little too easy. I find regular Reborn to be less challenging when I get into the flow of things... but it's your choice, after all.

Some story to accompany the action would be cool, too.

I remember using a Larvitar as my starter in my rock monotype and that thing is only useful for one thing: FREAKING MOTHERF*CKING SANDSTORM!!!
Until it become Tyranitar (pre- Noel at least) Larvitar and Pupitar are almost dead weight. But luckily it gets Sandstorm from the start and that means 50% SP. DEF BOOST to all your rock types! If you don't have sand up, most of the water and grass types will be a pain in the *ss, even from normal trainers! I guess having Lileep and Amaura helps a bit, but around 25-30s they will fall behind since they will be unevolved.
Good luck either way to your playthrough :)

This could be interesting. I'll keep an eye on it. However, is this regular Reborn? I feel like Hardcore Reborn would be better for this. Loosen some of the limitations you give yourself in return for the gruelling journey of Hardcore Reborn, where you have to rely on hacks to win.

If not, this may be a little too easy. I find regular Reborn to be less challenging when I get into the flow of things... but it's your choice, after all.

Some story to accompany the action would be cool, too.

I considered doing this in a Hardcore mod. Truth be told, i haven't even tried hardcore with a regular team. While the run may turn out to be easy, there are definitely some sections that will give me more trouble than I would like. For instance:

• The fight against Solaris. I have only ever defeated him with a gimmicky tactic. I have no clue if raw power can do it.
  • The fight against D Arceus. I may be lucky enough to pull off the double EQ tactic, but I am unsure
  • Mewtwo - Again, first time I used a sturdy explosion graveller and second time was to paralyze it then use heracross. both gimmicky.
  • All the Victoria fights - since only uses fighting types I ill have my hands full until I can get Aerodactyl or some psychic types
  • All the Apophyl people including Kiki. Rock doesn't do so well against Fighting haha
  • Samson. Another fighting leader.
  • T3RR4. Ground also hurts rock which my team will mostly consist of
  • Fern. The grasshole will probably be more annoying than ever.

From some of the fights I have seen in Hardcore, I am fairly worried to try it out just yet. I have however promised myself that the next playthrough will be a hardcore one.

As I mentioned I am open to suggestions to make the run more challenging. I have already decided that in the team I plan to use against Julia, of the 3 pokemon I can use, one will be either Shellder or Staryu who suffer a weakness.

Since the Majority of my team only evolve from level 40 onwards, I will be playing with sub standard pokemon all the way up to Shelly since the level cap to that point is 35.

Actually, you know what, I not gonna be a little bitch about it. Hardcore mod is currently being downloaded. Arceus have mercy on my soul. I have changed the rules slightly

@ Pyrromanis: Thanks for the luck and thanks for the info, I did not know that at all about Sandstorm. *gets to work on researching what other weather effects do* #READING INTESNIFIES

Seeing as I am going to need to rely on Hax to win some situations, I may need to edit some egg moves on to pokemon like confuse ray since from what's available, confusion is the only hax available to try and abuse

Edited by Genesis

Actually, you know what, I not gonna be a little bitch about it. Hardcore mod is currently being downloaded. Arceus have mercy on my soul. I have changed the rules slightly

Good luck.

Solaris has a full team in hardcore I believe. It's not that overleveled, but it is a hell of a pain to beat. The storyline progresses regardless, but if you will defeat any and every boss, Perish Song/Destiny Bond is not a cheap tactic. Good thing is, Yamask learns it at 49, which means a little bit of overleveling before Solaris, but you can't Destiny Bond all his Pokemon, can you?

Good luck.

Solaris has a full team in hardcore I believe. It's not that overleveled, but it is a hell of a pain to beat. The storyline progresses regardless, but if you will defeat any and every boss, Perish Song/Destiny Bond is not a cheap tactic. Good thing is, Yamask learns it at 49, which means a little bit of overleveling before Solaris, but you can't Destiny Bond all his Pokemon, can you?

I can't, but I believe think that the Garchomp is the hardest and most threatening and the rest of the team may be manageable.

I don't believe the words cheap and tactics are thing for hardcore if all the hype is true - they are a way of life

So I've got some more Pokémon you can add to your usable list, with reasons for each:

Wailord: required to obtain the Regis in Hoenn, thus implied to be ancient enough to be around when the Regis were sealed.

Bronzong: look at the Pokédex entries. It supposedly was an ancient rain summoner

Lucario: The first Mega Evolution AND there's an entire movie about an older Lucario who saves the day

Folette-E: So this only applies to Floette-Eternal Flower, but feel free to let it cover regular Floette, too. It's basically the whole Az deal in XY.

AuthorReborn, on 01 Dec 2015 - 5:52 PM, said:
So I've got some more Pokémon you can add to your usable list, with reasons for each:

Thanks! Added to the list

Drymus, on 01 Dec 2015 - 6:37 PM, said:
Aww... not Lord Helix as a starter?

Jokes aside, good luck, looks like this one will be interesting.

haha I really considered this, but I am more a fan of Kabuto. Omanyte is a little too creepy...

Update 1: The remnants of a world left desolate and destitute

For those interested in some story behind Atilla.

Atilla (and like many of the team members to come) are named after great conquerors.

Atilla is from an ancient civilization somewhere in the distortion world. With the help of Dialga, Palkia, Firatina and Celebi, they were reanimated to a state recognizable to the pokemon world's current population. However, no genders exist in this parallel world and us such, Atilla's gender is indeterminate.

Atilla was handed a quest, by the grand Arceus, but before all their powers could be restored, they had to prove themselves worthy. They had to purge the new world of it's evil, but more importantly, their mission was to prove to Lord Arceus - the true Lord Arceus, whether evolution of the pokemon species was really required for their survival.

To prove themselves. Atilla and their team would need to start from the bottom and work their way up to become league champion whilst handling any extra quests that came along the way. When the position of league champion is obtained, then they will reclaim the power of influence.

Although the great pokemon were able to reanimate Atilla in to a recognizable being, they were unable to restore their ability to communicate with the current world inhabitants. As such, Atilla can only communicate with their team.

I can tell this team meteor and I are not going to get along. Like from what their team's name was fashioned, the pokemon on my team have an inherent despondence towards meteors. Many friends were lost all those years ago and it's now up to the few that remain to claim redemption...

Wow, what can I say, from the very get go of pokemon reborn hardcore, there's no mankleying around. The very first trainer battles outside the grand hall already set you up on what to expect for the rest of the game:

(I was worried I would not be able to collect the 2 pokeballs, but luckily you can walk around just out of reach)

200eetu.jpg

So you get greeted by this fella:

96l3zs.jpg

But wait, that is not enough over kill. It has to be this:

2lmm32e.jpg

Take note - I actually managed to lay down some damage. Needless to say, my level 5 team was powerless to this foe.

BOOKMARK! According to the rules I have to beat this. So I will be bookmarking this for later when I actually have a team that stands a chance.

With the team already derailed from the journey we sought for something to boost morale. We were lucky. We happened to come across a couple of lowly scum picking on a Zigzagoon. Beaten, battered and bruised, the pokemon whimpered in pain, letting out anguished cries in hope someone would save it. So we did.

eq56ie.jpg

For a game as dark as reborn, this is one of those times you wish that Titania would come in with her Aegislash purging the sins from these evildoers, but alas, this doesn't happen.

With the team feeling good, we headed throughout the city looking for some more battles. Our pockets and bellies were empty and while the street rats and hookers didn't offer much (heck that Lucy didn't even offer that good of a time) we had nothing and at this point we took all that we could get. Mercilessly. As if driven by blood lust, the team thwarted all who dared stop them from their path. They especially didn't take kindly to being interrupted by floating "!" unknowns above every challenger's head.

With all the exp we could grind out of every body left behind, it was time to take on Fern. We thought nothing of it. The team of Genghis, Nepolean and and Moist were all at level 13. This shouldn't be too difficult, even with the type disadvantage.

BUT.

We were horribly wrong. Fern's team were all level 15/16. The only one who survived was Nepolean who was lucky enough to keep his enemies confused. Being only able to attack with acid, the battle against Roselia took what felt like an eternity. We were lucky enough to escape with victory on the first try. Barely

2upwco2.jpg

With that we headed to save a companion that we had received word was in the area. But it seemed we over estimated our power and lost to the meteor duo. We blacked out and when we came to we were at the pokemon centre. It seems those thugs had robbed us of some of our precious supplies. Don't worry team, I will just eat noddles for the next month. For now we need to redeem ourselves. And we did.

Then it was on to the factory, where it was clear that the new civilization could not look after this world. We turned our head at the atrocities before us and only to be greeted by the smug and cocky face of Fern. Let's just get this over with. Why couldn't I have been teamed up with Julia? I like her, for her personality. It seems that during the reanimation process, a number of human emotions were transcript-ed to this being. Atilla, is having a hard time dealing with Lust.

23itsgh.jpg

Luckily Flobot comes to make sense of the situation and bore everyone to death with her Mono-tone speaking.

Aster and Eclipse are taken care of, who to my surprise have the evolved Magmar and Electabuzz in their arsenal. No worries, Genghis is up to the task and pretty much solos both pokemon with Fern just draggin' his dead weight ass around.

zv1w5l.jpg

nwlttk.jpg

With the defeat of team meteor under boot, it was time to take Julia out - on a date? No. Atilla could only wish so. Oh what those pom poms could do and where they would go...

We knew this would be difficult, but not entirely sure how difficult.

The team going in to face Julia as per the rules set out were as follows:

Genghis level 19 2ns11zn.png Nepolean level 16 2ll29sk.jpgand Moist level 17 10s7ybk.jpg

I actually forgot I could use 4 pokemon, so if I fail the first round, you know why.

Atilla vs Julia

Round 1

25qaww2.jpg

Nepolean vs Magnemite (holding an air balloon)

• Stealth Rock is set up
  • Magnemite uses Magnet bomb. SE. Takes 1/2 of Nepolean's HP
  • A charge beam crits against Nepolean, luckily it's not effective
  • Confuse Ray is used to try and woo the Magnemite into uncontrollable spasms.
  • It gets off another Charge beam, while Nepolean uses a recover
  • I switch in Genghis who is immune to the magnemite's electric attacks,

Genghis vs Magnemite

• I setup a screech
  • It uses a magnet bomb which crits. Genghis is left with 2 HP.
  • Rock slide leaves it in the red. but it KOs genghis with a sonic boom

Moist vs Magnemite

• Super potion to Magnemite
  • Icicle spear hits 5 times taking magnemite down to under 1/2 HP
  • Another super potion and icicle spear hits 5 times again
  • Unfortunately charge beam KOs Moist before anything else can happen.

Nepolean vs Magnemite

• With the only attacking move being toxic, which magnemite is immune to, there no hope of victory.
  • Even with the help of confusion, it hits every move and KOs Nepolean.

Welcome to hardcore MF. I am gonna try again after I have trained some more. Being walled by her first pokemon is a real wake up call.

With that, Atilla passed out again - best I try to get used to this since it's probably going to happen a lot, With our pride slaughtered we retreated to the darkness for what seemed like an eternity. The darkness took it's toll however on Atilla's humanity engulfing their soul.

We straight out slummin' it representing the east side boyz alleyway.

Back at it.

Atilla vs Julia round 2

The team grew a bit in levels, but the biggest change was welcoming the 4th member - Slayer to the team. His black eyes stare into your soul consuming it. 1zpk41c.png

Genghis and Moist were at level 19, Nepolean and Slayer at 17.

Nepolean vs Magnemite. Let the confusion parahax begin.

• Magnemite uses a charge be NE. Nepolean uses confuse ray
  • Magnet bombs connects and takes 1/2 just like an angry ex wife. Stealth rock is setup
  • Sonic boom hits. Nepolean takes the chance to recover
  • Magnet bomb connects again (where are my confusion hax?). Ancient power pops the air balloon
  • It finally hurts itself in confusion, giving Nepolean a chance to recover again
  • It snaps out of confusion while I setup another. A charge beam raises magnemite's sp atk,
  • Magnemite hurts itself. Nepolean recovers
  • It hurts itself again (parahax FTW), ancient power takes it into the red finally
  • Knowing a super potion is going to be used I switch in Slayer.

Slayer vs Magnemite

• Mud shot OHKOs the one-eyed-magnet

Slayer vs Heliosk

• Heliosk KOs Slayer with a Parabolic charge

Genghis vs Heliosk

• Hidden Power KOs Genghis.

Nepolean vs Heliosk

• Parabolic charge NE. Nepolean sets up a confuse ray
  • Hidden power doesn't do much and neither does ancient power, but I get stat boost.
  • Snaps out of confusion and another parabolic charge. Ancient power crits leaving it in the red,
  • Super potion and confuse ray
  • It hurts itself and ancient power helps take it down to 1/2 HP. No PP left on ancient power, Therefore no more attacking moves.
  • Snaps out of confusion and uses electrify. Nepolean recovers
  • Another electrify and confuse ray is set up again
  • The AI keeps derping and spams electrify even after I switch in Moist who ends up KOing Heliosk with icicle spear.

Nepolean vs Emolga

• Charge beam raises sp atk. Nepolean sets up confuse ray.
  • Emolga hurts itself while I switch in Moist
  • Somehow charge beam fails to KO moist and it KOs emolga with icicle spear

Nepolean vs Voltorb.

• Nepolean uses 2 turns to use potions on Moist. In that time 1 charge beam hits and raises sp atk, the other misses.
  • Voltorb uses sonic boom while it is hit with a confuse ray
  • Sonic boom again while Nepolean recovers
  • Snaps out of confusion and uses charge beam while Nepolean recovers again
  • Charge beam and gets confused again
  • Charge beam again, I waste a turn
  • Snaps out of confusion and uses charge, Nepolean recovers
  • Nepolean runs out of PP for confuse ray and wastes away some turns waiting to be KOd.

Moist vs Voltorb

• Charge beam KOs it,
  • Defeat again.

Several attempts later, it only gets worse. Looks like we need some more training and a full team.

After a bunch of grinding, the team was all at level 20.

Atilla vs Julia for the umpteenth time

Genghis vs Magnemite

• Genghis takes out Magnemite in 2 rock slides after receiving a magnet bomb.

Moist vs Chnichou

• Electro ball KOs Moist

Slayer vs Chinchou

• Mud shot takes 1/3 HP. Electro ball takes 2/3 HP
  • Giga drain is used but chinchou is swapped for Emolga.
  • I swap out for Genghis, the incoming charge beam does nothing

Genghis vs Emolga

• Acrobatics does little damage and Rock Slide KOs the flying mouse

Slayer vs Chinchou

• Giga drain takes 1/2 while chinchou charges
  • Super potion to chinchou giga drain only takes 1/4 this time.
  • It is withdrawn again for Helios which is hit by the confuse ray

Slayer vs Heliosk

• Uses hidden Power and KOs Slayer

Frost Bite vs Heliosk

• Forst Bite gets KOd. but uses up one of Julia's super potions in the process

Nepolean vs Heliosk

• Heliosk goes down after some ancient powers and confusion hax

Nepolean vs Chinchou

• Chinchou paralyzes but Nepolean still gets off a confuse ray. hax vs Hax
  • It charges, Nepolean uses mega drain
  • It hurts itself, Nepolean deals another mega drain leaving it in the red
  • It hits and electro ball but falls to mega drain

Nepolean vs Voltorb

• Sonic boom vs confuse ray
  • Another sonic boom vs ancient power
  • It hurts itself and dies to an ancient power.

I can feel the end in grasp

14t5t89.jpg

Nepolean vs Electrode

• Sonic boom and Nepolean gets paralyzed.
  • Since he was going to die anyway a potion is given to Genghis while sonic boom KOs Nepolean

Hidori vs Electrode

• Charge beam misses while bubblebeam connects. A sitrus berry heals electrode
  • Sonic boom and another bubble beam
  • Charge beam KOs Hidori

Genghis vs Electrodee

• Sonic Boom misses allowing a rock slide to KO electrode.

Damn that was both tough and infuriating. Atilla is going to have a real tough time with this.

123mlox.jpg

After Atilla, Julia was all fizzled out

Edited by Genesis

I had this whole post typed out and I accidentally lost all my information.let's try this again. I will apologize in advance since I lost all the usual battle information I put against Flroina.

Update 2: The rise of an underdog and fall of an insitituion

With the victory leading their way Atilla and the team's spirits were high. Atilla was hesitant however as they knew the future would still hold some truly difficult challenges and they were still far from their objective. They were however slowly gaining the influence needed on this quest.

Outside the gym the team was greeted by Victoria who had set out to challenge Julia as well but had become pre occupied with a disaster that happened in Obsidia. The team headed there and met up Florina who had been influenced by Atilla and convinced the guards to grant access to the city. Atilla was greeted by a scene of corpses strewn out like carcasses for the vultures. Roads and buildings lay twisted and contorted like crazy straws. But the real horror, a horror like none other was that the town had lost their gardening sheers. I mean seriously. Get your green thumb out and do something.

Anyway, the team thought it best to head through the slums to try and make headway. Access to go on any further was denied as the townsfolk had become paralyzed with fear. The team was worried though. Would they be able to escape the sluims with what little sanity they had left? Or would they exit, more gansta than lil Wayne snorting coke out of every orifice of a hooker? Before they could get the answer to that, Victoria thought it a good idea to caiuse them the troubel of having to rush back to the pokemon center to heal up.

b99e7b.jpg

With the fighting type opponent's victory under our belts we headed on where an array of bizarre and strange events challenged our sanity. The cause of which:

2drvsx4.jpg

But the team persevered

fz6ckk.jpg

After we managed to exit the slums with our remaining shred of humanity in tact, we headed to Coral ward where we were puzzled as to how a gym leader with level 80 pokemon could not save an Oshawott a few feet away. What puzzled us even further was the grimer who surfed it's way across.

Cue Charmillionare's Ridin Dirty song

2d1r4vm.jpg

What puzzled the team even further than that was the awesome power of Cain. Just from joining him, the Oshawoot managed to evolve in to a Dewott. De wat just happened? Anyway, no frets Cain went down, something we are sure he is used to doing, but he went down HARD, something we are sure he's not so used to doing.

1zzno6c.jpg

With that it was back up to Obsida where we were given cut. And the team was amazed again. One of reborn's best gym leaders managed to get herself caught, along with Florina.

The 2 dun got hentai'd

2e2qlc0.jpg

The Pulse Tangrowth however was a lot easier than Atilla had thought requiring only 2 pokemon to take it down. That ends our first encounter with ZEL.

34intye.jpg

With that that the team headed to the Onyx trainers' school where Fern tried everything under the sun to prevent Atilla from taking on his sister. Guess the guy does maybe home some family morals? Nah scratch that, he's just plain annoying. As for his attempts to stop Atilla?

2dv0ac4.jpg

Futile.

Straight after that I decided to take on Florina. I thought I would lose anyway, but wanted to get a feel for her team so I just inged it. To my surprise I got tp her Cradilily making many mistakes with 2 pokemon left. Needless to say I did lose but II felt more confident.

The team was all at level 25.

Atilla vs Florina

kbautk.jpg

Hidori took out Cacnea, Grotle and helped severely damage Ferroseed and helped use up 3 super potions 120_by_milkimochi-d9adqrw.gif>331.gif& grotle.gif

Genghis helped take out a weakened Ferroseed who also took out Frost Bite and Hidori 246.png> ferroseed.png> amaura_by_vale98pm-d6qc5sj.png> 120_by_milkimochi-d9adqrw.gif

Nepolean and Moist took out Breloom Spr_3r_286.png > 345.png

Moist took Breloom (with the help of Nepolean above), Tropius and Cradilily. The win on cradilily was thanks to derp AI 090.gif> TropiusNormalSprite.gif & Spr_3r_346.png

With the newly acquired victory it was on to the next challenge

Update 3:Atilla - The destroyer of worlds Pulse Tangrowths and a home wrecker

Word is spreading of Atilla's feats and victories as they are granted access to the Jasper ward and seconded on a mission to find missing policeman. In short, Atilla has been tasked with restoring law and order

The team heads through the Malchous forest carving our way through the meteors until we finally meet up with what I can only describe as the worst employee I have ever seen. But then again, when facing Atilla, I guess common earthlings can only tremble in their presence. Jokes aside, this is how the second Pulse Tangrowth and Taka battle went down:

11ihaom.jpg

I gotta say, I expected it to be difficult but wow, the team was quite daunting. After defeating Taka we meet the ever unpleasant Heather. Let's skip that and move on to the next part.

We then made our way through to the Jasper ward and the Rhodecrine Jungle where we sign up a new member to the team:

Mystic Art ; 114.gif but not before the following happened:

x25ml5.jpg

We refused the help of an even more unpleasant Fern and to further put himself in the running for worst employee of all time award, this happened:

2ztivdk.jpg

(Don't ask why, but I had Cascada - Release Me playing in my head while waiting for this.

We head onwards rescuing all the living policeman and a trapped girl along our way. Big mistake, but at least someone noticed our efforts:

2u4jvhh.jpg

To be honest, we lost the first round of this fight when Umbreon came out. But we tried again and managed a win. I will say, this is a major step up from the "easy" reborn

2drvwur.jpg

With that over and all the policeman rescued a tragic fate was setup. Heather's father Corey was surrounded and revealed as a team meteor member. A devastated Heather flies off into the distance. All of Corey's hate now channeled at Atilla.

The team going in to Corey is as follows:

Lead: Slayer, Genghis, Hidori, Frost Bite, Moist and Mystic Art all at level 30.

The battle will take place on Corey's Corrosive mist field.

Atilla vs Corey

mrfmmg.jpg

Edit: I updated to hardcore 2.0 from 1.7 just before this battle.

Slayer vs Qwilfish 140.png/211.png

• Qwilfish uses Venoshock. Slayers uses a mud shot and takes 1/4 HP. At the end of the turn Slayer is poisoned and is left at 1/2 HP
  • Giga drain is used by Slayer doing minimal damage another veonoshock and poison damage and Slayer is nearly out of it
  • Giga drain leaves qwilfish with 1/3 HP. Venoshock KOs Slayer

Mystic Art vs Qwilfish tangela.png/ 211.png

• Venoshock OHKOs Mystic Art. Lolz.

Genghis vs Qwilfish pupitar.png/211.png

• A strengthened bubblebeam takes 1/3 of Pupitar's HP. Rock slide KOs the toxic fish.
  • Poisoned.

Moist vs Nidoqueen shellder.png/031.png

• Ice punch does little damage to Moist. Icicle spear leaves the queen with just under 1/2 HP
  • Poisoned
  • Super potion to the queen and another icicle spear
  • Ice punch takes Moist to 1/2 and it KOs the queen with icicle spear

Frost Bite vs Scolipede amaura.png/545_00.png

• Rock tomb takes 1/3 HP on Frost Bite, she sets up a thunder wave
  • Poisoned
  • Ancient Power takes 2/3 of Scolipede's HP, it retaliates with rock tomb leaving Frost Bite with 1/4 HP at the end of the turn
  • Scolipede has speed boost and outspeeds Frost Bite KOing her

Genghis vs Scolipede pupitar.png/545_00.png

• It uses a poison tail NE. and gets KOd by a rock slide

Hidori vs Swalot 120.png/ swalot.png

• Hidori uses Camouflage changing to poison. Swalot uses acid armor greatly increasing its defense
  • Hidori uses bubblebeam and forgots the field effect. NE, Swalot uses ice beam taking 1/3 HP
  • Hidori heals the team. A shadow ball crits and KOs it

Genghis vs Swalot pupitar.png/swalot.png

• Rock slide does little damage thanks to acid armor. An ice beam takes 1/3 of Genghis HP
  • Swap in moist who gets hit with ice beam

Moist vs Swalot shellder.png/swalot.png

• Moist takes it down to 1/2 HP before being KOd by Venoshock

Genghis vs Swalot pupitar.png/swalot.png

• Sets up sandstorm and gets hit by ice beam
  • Rock slide crits and KOs Swalot

Genghis vs Skuntankpupitar.png/435.png

• At this point I think it's over, but I heal anyway and AI derps and uses acid spray
  • Rock Slide takes just under 1/2 HP, and another acid spray
  • Rock slide crits and KOs skuntank
  • Levels up to 31

Genghis vs Crobat pupitar.png/ crobat.png

• Crobats 1st air slash misses, Uses screech
  • Crobats second air slash hits NE. Uses screech
  • Crobat goes for nasty plot. Genghis uses rock slide, KOs Crobat and levels up to 32.

Victory.

1g6ntd.jpg

To be honest, the only reason Atilla managed a win was through dumb luck and shed skin on Pupitar. however a win is a win and Atilla is going to take it.

While this may be a victory, it is a sore one at that, with the events that follow, for which, words cannot describe

1zztd8l.jpg

I just..

wi3lmt.jpg

Wut

287m33l.jpg

Oh My Arceus

20gmhy8.jpg

This is all getting to be too much.

2dv0ieq.jpg

With that it concludes this chapter. A grim reminder on ho fragile life is, but Atilla's mission must press on

Edited by Genesis

Yeah, Shed Skin was also my savior in this battle!

Also why you demote in version 1.7? Is Corey's team impossible for your team to win in 2.0?

he didn't demote, he updated from 1.7 to 2.0.

that's a very interesting idea. is there a way for us to have acces to your save file? seems like an interesting style to play the game.

that's a very interesting idea. is there a way for us to have acces to your save file? seems like an interesting style to play the game.

Ow, I read that wrong I guess!

That happens when you read a wall of text before ending your coffee :P

Update #4: Secret Hideouts, Robin Hooding and the quest for knowledge

With the reminder of that tragedy it was time to press on. This world is only getting worse and Atilla is falling behind with their goals. Perhaps a sabbatical is needed...

Atilla decided to take a break from the main mission for a short while and see what it was like to be on the dark side.

2u4j3tc.jpg

Becuase Atilla is also rather impatient, they used their time manipulation powers to cause darkness to fall where they met at 4th and Hydrogena. The objective: to steal back pkemon from an old cranky lady.

The result:

a4uesh.jpg

The spoils of war? A water stone and a ponyta.

Which caused Atilla to pursue another side mission

b5s4rt.jpg

2ry0nmd.jpg

Yeah I wonder what else we could be there for? Sunshine and roses?

But at least it yielded a surprise and boy was it a fantastic surprise:

Meet Sun God 24m88dg.png

Atilla then bid farewell to the ponyta and growlithe and thanked them for their service while they thanked each other for their services...

With that it was on to the underground stairway, where Victoria managed to get herself caught. The trainers in reborn seem to be fairly useless, Atilla noted to themselves,

Atilla also caught an unknown along the way. unown-qm.png"Y u do dis"

Solaris also put forward a really thought provoking statement to Atilla:

35840ts.jpg

Just what lies beneath reborn city? and why was it sealed and covered up?

Aster and Eclipse tried to put up a fight and a tough one at that, but

5p0doy.jpg

Atilla then headed back to Shelly, where Victoria thought it would be a good idea to fetch the doctor. The doctor had his ordely John try to end our mission and he nearly did, but Atilla managed to pull a close victory. (i forgot the screenshot)

Then back to Shelly's gym, where again Victoria thought it necessary for Atilla to take another trip to the poke centre. the battle was close. Too close, damn that emboar is tough.

1565s8h.jpg

Atilla blistered through the bookshelf puzzle as if the answers had been delivered from above.. And was about to take on Shelly when:

wgyezt.jpg

Well that's new. Thank you hardcore for constantly keeping me on my toes and messing up my plans.

The team was all at level 34/35 consisting of Hidori and Nepolean as lead to try and take advantage of the rain. Followed by Sun God, Slayer, Genghis and Moist.

Edit: I forgot to use my one water stone, but I cannot decide between staryu and shellder.

Atilla vs Shelly

Hidori and Nepolean vs Illumise and Masqerain. I just love how the gym leaders have pokemon in excess of the level cap in hardcore... 120.png&345.png/ 314.png&masquerain.png

• Hidori opens with a bubblebea that crits and takes Illumise down to 1/2hp. Illumise retuns with a struggle bug taking 1/3 of the teams HP. Scald is absorbed by Nepolean's storm drain ability. And ancient power leaves illumise in the red.
  • Masqerain is withdarn for Armaldo and an ultra potion is used on illumise. Bubble beam and ancient power leave it with 1/2 HP.
  • Armaldo bulldozes taking a chip out of everyone's HP. Bubble beam damages illumise and it returns with a struggle bug that KOs Hidori and leaves Nepolean with 1/4 HP who KOs illumise with ancient power.

Nepolean and Slayer vs Armaldo and Masqerain 345.png& 140.png/ masquerain.png&348.gif

• Slayer aqua jets taking 1/3 of Armaldo's HP. It retaliates with rock slide and together with an energy ball from Masqerain they KO Nepolean.

Slayer and Moist vs Armaldo and Masqerain &090.png140.png/ masquerain.png&348.gif

• Slayer aqua jets on Armaldo leaving it in the red. Armaldo and Masqerain KO slayer with struggle bug and energy ball. A bubble beam from Moist KOs Armaldo

Genghis and Moist vs Masqerain and Heather 090.png&247.png/ masquerain.png& Spr_4p_469.png

• Heather striggle bugs nearly KOing Moist. Masqerain uses scald and KOs Genghis. Moists icicle spear leaves Heather with 1/3 HP.

Moist and Sun God vs heather and Masqerain 090.png&247.png/ masquerain.png& Spr_4p_469.png

• heather giga drains and KOs Moist. Sun God's flame charge does little damage to heather. Damn rain. Masqerain uses energy ball NE.
  • Ultra potion to heather and scald KOs sun god.
  • Game over for today.

I ran out of time so i will be challenging Shelly again tomorrow. But basically I only managed to take out 2 of her pokemon. Not very good odds,

Yep, i updated/ upgraded.

I will put my save up tomorrow (will PM it to you) , with 5 minutes to go I am running out of time

XD when corey was releasing his pokemon, it didn't show his gym battle team XD

Eh, blame the mapping side of development in hardcore. I eventually took over in that aspect...very late, but I'm still too lazy to change small unimportant details that don't affect fights.

Update #4.1: Tonight we bathe in the dust of our enemies

With a crushing defeat, Atilla and the team were at a standstill. The team were at their absolute limits, trained to the very edge, the edge of which most other inferior pokemon would have fallen off and crumbled. So Atilla decided it was time to head to the Beryl Library to study up on as much ancient lore as they could to try and get an edge for this monstrous battle. A battle that was crucial for the development of the team. This battle would be the one to grant access to the teams full potential, well almost all of them. Atilla summoned the Gods that be for guidance on the way forward. As with the nature of the Gods, Atilla was presented with 2 options:

Option 1: Press on and believe in the team.

Option 2: Make the team surpass their current limits driven by rage and force them to evolve. Atilla was against this option and was determined not overburden the team.

Atilla, armed with some new found knowledge and confidence headed back to the gym. Their determination was set on victory. Atilla stared intently across the battle field where Shelly caught their gaze filled with resolve and felt a little unnerved as she muttered out:

2rhmus7.jpg

Those words shook throughout Atilla's body, causing a slight tremble. Suddenly Atilla thought, could they really exact the planned vengeance upon this frail child, she stood their staring intently back at him but from afar with a sort of distant expression on her worried face.

op1np0.jpg

The previous murderous intent started to drain from Atilla as beads of sweat began to form across their brow, mixing between the warm soft rain drops. Atilla's head dropped, all their purpose lost. They looked up again to be greeted by the sight of Shelly peering to the ground, her purple hair soaked, the rain drops gently piercing her skin, running delicately down her cheeks, her neck, her collar bone and still further. What were these emotions Atilla was beginning to feel? They weren't sure, but one thing for sure was that this girl had a spell currently hanging over them, causing their emotions to fluster, their moves and actions to waiver, the determination to recede and be replaced with doubt.

Atilla stood there in a daze confounded by this girl's power, then came the gut wrenching pain. Shelly's attack rushed and echoed through the forest and they took down each of Atilla's pokemon, time and time again, getting even further from their goal, Atilla and their team would be massacred, Atilla not only suffered physical pain after each blowing defeat, but mental anguish as their dream became what seemed to be a distant illusion. Dreams are for the feeble and weak Atilla thought, "and that is what I have become." After the last crippling defeat Atilla crumpled to the floor, landing on their knees arms laying lifelessly at their side. Their head bowed down in defeat Atilla fell forward landing on their hands. The lights in the arena shut down slowly, one by one as Shelly left the arena. The rain still pelting down on Atilla, Atilla let out a cry of anguish similar to that of a Cubone in desperate search of their dead mother piercing the chilly night air. Atilla punched the floor desperately in search of answer, with tears streaming down their face, splashing the mud around around until their hands begun to crack. Then Atilla blacked out

765900.gif

Atilla came to, covered in mud and dried blood, battered and bruised.

tumblr_nrg45xInAC1s3mwhto1_500.gif

Atilla headed to the pokemon center, to heal the broken and bloodied team, to try just one more time, before succumbing to the dark lords request.

Atilla headed back staring at the battlefield still covered in blood. Atilla stood their holding a pokeball in each hand and without muttering a word, battle began.

Frost Bite and Nepolean vs Mesqerain and Illumise amaura.png& 345.png/ masquerain.png& illumise.png

Atilla and the teams heart had turned cold from the defeats. a blizzard started and it began to hail.

• Illumise and Masqerain gang up on Nepolean taking 1/4 of his HP. Nepolean and Frost Bite team up to setup up a thunder wave and confuse ray on Masqerain to try incapacitate it.
  • Illumise uses a struggle bug, the atatck spreads through the forest chasing Frost bite and Nepolean down, Nepolean is left for worse. They setup another duo to try and incapacitate Illumise. Masqerain is hurts itself trying to defend Illumise,
  • Frost Bite starts to suffer from dimentia, she collects herself and releases mist on to the field. Masqerain hurts itself in the new environment while Illumise is paralyzed with fear.
  • Nepolean and Frost Bite team up with dual ancient powers to put Masqerain to rest.The foe Illumise collects herself and tries a struggle bug.ot being on her home turf the attack barely shakes the team.

Frost Bite and Nepolean vs Armaldo and Illumise amaura.png& 345.png/ armaldo_sprite.gif?w=278&h=300& illumise.png

• In fears of having Frost Bites anger ravage the field she is withdrawn for
  • A rock slide hits the team and does damage. Nepolean sets out a confuse Ray while Illumise is paralyzed.

Sun God and Nepolean vs Armaldo and Illumise &larvesta.png345.png/ armaldo_sprite.gif?w=278&h=300& illumise.png

• Sun god flame charges on Illumise taking her down a notch, Armaldo rock slides again and KOs Sun God and leaves Nepolean in the red. Nepoleans ancient power leaves Illumise in the red. Illumises Struggle bug KOs Nepolean

Slayer and Genghis vs Armaldo and Illumise 247.png&140.png/ armaldo_sprite.gif?w=278&h=300& illumise.png

• Slayer aqua jets, but the potion to illumise is faster. Armadlo snaps out of confusion and uses its own aqua jet on Slayer. Genghis uses a rock slide which leaves the enemies under 1/2 HP.
  • Slayer and Armaldo exchange aqua jets on another when Geghis rock slide narrowly misses Illumise but KOs Armaldo. The dodge from illumise still leaves her paralyzed.

Slayer and Genghis vs Illumise and Heather 247.png&140.png/ Spr_4p_469.png& illumise.png

• Despite paralysis, Illumise somehow manages to outspeed Slayer and confuses him, while heather finishes him off with a giga drain. Genghis KOs Illumise and heather with a rock slide.
  • The team looks on in astonishment. This is the furthest they have come. 2 adversaries left and they can claim victory, Frost Bite hits level 36, exceeding her limits from the Illumise being KOd.

Frost Bite and Genghis vs Vespiqueen and Bugsy 247.png&amaura.png/ volbeat.png&416.png

it begins to hail

• Bugsy sets up a tail glow drastically raising it's sp atk. Frost Bite paralyzes the queen bee. Genghis's rock slide nearly KOs the bee and leaves bugsy with 1/3 HP. The bee sets up a defend order, but faints in the harsh hail.
  • Bugsy lets off a supercharged struggle bug taking half the teams HP, but is KOd by a rock slide.

Atilla let's out a long breath. Finally.

2ryj6vo.jpg

With that Atilla turned their back, not wanting to see the damage they had done to this benevolent, little girl. An image had burned into her retinas, it was for a split second, but the damage had been done. Atilla had hoped to contain the monster within, but their powers were slowly starting to culminate.

Ichigo_Hollow_2_thumb1.jpg?imgmax=800

**Admittedly, the biggest problem I had been facing was speed. Shelly would always outspeed me before I could get a hit on her. So I borught Frost Bite with her handy thunder wave to wreck face.**

**images other than screenshots are not mine and are added in for some visual reference**

Edited by Genesis

Chapter 5: Death's Fortune Foretold

Atilla could feel the shackles slowly being lifted on their power. With this last Victory, the team would start performing at their full potential, while Atilla's begun to wake.

This is actually one of the shorter chapters, So I will rush ahead and highlight the important events:

Atilla felt his business was not quite over with the Magmas and so

In hardcore, you all get Mega's, except the hero, cause well they're hardcore

6s9guu.jpg

2egh16t.jpg

There was also the ever annoying Fern as well:

25a4uq0.jpg

And then Cain, who just really wasn't giving it (the key) out as easy as you would think he would

8z1f9u.jpg

And we got to experience more of the lovely Heather:

2a0icqx.jpg

She went and got herself captured. Part of Atilla didn't want to go and rescue her until they saw the doctors sex dungeon - 50 shades of Electivire

25rh5w3.jpg

At least you can count on Cain to make light of a dark situation.

1z2glz7.jpg

But we all manage to get out and escape to the underground railnet, where Atilla is tasked with their next objective, defeating Shade, Now I was going to write a story about shade, but I really didn't expect the fight to go down quite so easy.

Atilla vs Shade

i7935f.jpg

Atilla stared in to the dark abyss that was shade with all that stared back was a set of ruby red eyes set on devouring Atilla's sould. Fortunately for Atilla, they were driven by the same blood-lust with the desecration that followed:

Jaws vs Rotom sharpedo.png/ 479.png

• Crunch OHKO
Peaches vs Golurk 473.png/Golurk_sprite.png
  • Ice fang leaves in the red. EQ takes 1/2
  • 2x ultra potion ice fang
  • Ice fang KO
Sun God vs Aegislash larvesta.png/aegislash-shield.png
  • Zen Headbut NE. Brick break same. Flame body burns
  • Flame charge nearly KOs, another brick break. Burn damage KOs
Frost Bite vs Corey (Mega Gengar) woUDfQj.gif/ mega_gengar_sprite_by_commander_f-d75gg5
  • Confuse ray. Thunder wave paralyzes corey
  • Hurts herself, shadow ball takes half
  • Mist setup. Softened shadow ball
  • Aurora beam takes half. Dazzling gleam takes down to 1/3
  • Another aurora KOs

See no lie vs Dusknoir 344.png/ 477.png

• Extrasensory crits not SE. only takes 1/3. Shadow ball takes 1/2
  • Earth power takes to 1/2. Shadow claw KOs
Jaws vs Dusknoir sharpedo.png/477.png
  • Crunch KOs
Jaws vs Chandeluresharpedo.png/609.png
2hmggly.jpg
  • Crunch OHKOs

2d96yx0.jpg

Victory. With Shade now at my will, the children were granted access. Only they all got themselves caught. Classic.
27zdpad.jpg
I would like to point out. According to Shade near the end of EP 15 when leaving the treatment centre, he points out that of the 4 deaths we saw play on his screens at his gym, only 2 are real and the other 2 fake. I will put this in a spoiler in case anyone who reads this doesn't want to know about the events:

What I don't understand is of the 4 events, 3 of them actually happen by that time:
Kiki is offed by Garchomp
Corey jumps off the Beryl Bridge
Amaria jumps of the waterfall.
The 4th and final image of someone being spliced up is one I don't recognise.
I will ask this question in a more relevant thread, maybe I just don't understand it

And also, I kind of expected the fight to be a lot harder against Shade. In my first ever playthrough of normal reborn he gave me mountains of uphill. In my second playthrough, my Houndoom pretty much KOd everything or just about. Now in Hardcore I was expecting a ridiculously tough battle. But it seems Shade just gets walled by Dark pokemon. I tested with a Soft Reset and Sharpedo took out everything barring with the help of potions. His team definitely looks tough on paper, although for Hardcore I would maybe swap out the Golurk for maybe a Mega Sableye to prevent dark pokemon thrashing this gym completely. I would also suggest that Houndoom and Sharpedo events from the Aqua/Magma Gangs get moved to just after shade. What are your opinions on this Commander?

Honestly, I might have nerfed some of his Pokemon a little too hard such as Gengar and Aegislash as they are about 1/3rd as strong as they possible could be (1/4th if you consider EV spreads). I'm aware of the issue at hand and I was going to fix it, but the group I needed for 2.1 is basically...inexistant. Haven't heard back from either of them so I'm back to myself. First off, I believe I'm going to drop the Mega from Shade's team as regular Gengar is a better option at this point (and also because I hate looking at that sprite). The issue with Gengar is that I had to hinder its speed to stop it from one shotting everything (which was an issue).

Shade actually did have a Sableye in the real league, but I don't want to use that one due to Luna. I'm working on it, but because there's no ghost/fighting type...that's the elephant in the room. There's actually a lot I could do to the current team as Dusknoir is axed (either for Dusclops or Jellicent), but Golurk is probably staying. I'm not moving the Sharpedo/Houndoom back either. You don't like they're too strong then don't use them. Scrafty I only moved back due to giving other fighting types a chance. I also can't just move those events without possibly screwing up the entire game. It's kind of like saying I need to remove Blaziken because he's too strong. And trust me, I've heard so-and-so leader is too weak for every leader who isn't Julia at least once. Shade I'll say I didn't have as much time to experiment and test compared to the others because I just don't have the time like I used to and there are 30 other guys who needed a bit of adjustment at the time.

I don't know when that will be released. It could be a couple weeks, it could be a month, it could even be delayed to episode 16. I just don't know right now, but I doubt it'll be soon, but Shade retesting was the only backtrack thing on my list.