Give me your thoughts friends

Rosesong

Theme Tour Poll!  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What type of tour do you like?

• Single Elimination
    • Double Elimination
    • Round Robin
  2. 2. What type of battle do you prefer?

• Singles
    • Doubles
    • Triples

So, I'm attempting to plan one of these things, though all details as of right now are super hush-hush. I do, however, want to make sure that you guys enjoy it, so please vote and place your thoughts here :)

you people and your allergic reactions to everything that isnt single.

It's less that and more that doubles are kinda unequal. It's more often than not either really easy or stupidly hard. And triples...really it's just a gimmick and nothing more. All my opinion though so don't take it too personally.

I like double-elimination because it can help alleviate some of the sting of losing to hax. It's like when you take statistical data, the bigger the sample space, the more accurate the date tends to become over an infinite number of occurences. Granted, we can't really do that with battling, but still, doubling your sample space should ideally allow for more dependable results.

Never really got into VGC so have no idea about the merits of doubles vs singles lol - but as for the structure why not make the best of both and go with a division structure? Make division of like 4-6 and get everyone in the division to play each other for seeding for play-offs.

Unless two whole generations changed things, Singles feels like a random fight that ends in either a curb-stomp, or a stall marathon, and changes only from rng and prediction. I hate stall (personally, and only because it's the same cycles :P), and doubles generally lessens the effect of it, without removing the option entirely. Triples allows for a large, self-destructive team that cannot should not work, meaning the greatest versatility. So...

Hardcore prediction vs. balance vs. versatility

I like versatility the most, which means triples. Double elimination works the best for Triples, since it... well... it doesn't go above 15 turns most of the time... (and potential hax removal).