suggestions for good dark and ghost types please

HakuHanako

i am trying to level grind but unsure of who to level grind to get my 8th gym badge the leader is a psychic type so any tips of advice be great. Sp defense grinding or Sp attack grinding whatever any tips or strategies would be amazingly helpful. I just hope i dont have to spend so many full restores.

Crawdaunt helps a lot in his trick room since it's really slow and gets swords dance + knock off. Unless it's location has been changed between episodes, you can find corphish on Apophyll Beach through rock smash.

Honestly, if you only want something to beat Radomus with, you could go get a Heracross or Galvantula (use the search feature for details), they're nearby and Bug is also good for the gym after that.

But if you want a Dark/Ghost Pokemon oyu can keep for the long run, you have access to Crawdaunt, Krookodile, Drapion, Malamar, Honchkrow, Cofagrigus, Mismagius, Drifblim and Gourgeist, they're all pretty good.

Honestly, if you only want something to beat Radomus with, you could go get a Heracross or Galvantula (use the search feature for details), they're nearby and Bug is also good for the gym after that.

But if you want a Dark/Ghost Pokemon oyu can keep for the long run, you have access to Crawdaunt, Krookodile, Drapion, Malamar, Honchkrow, Cofagrigus, Mismagius, Drifblim and Gourgeist, they're all pretty good.

can i only get a shuppet once? cause i accidently Koed it and was unprepared for it when i founded it dose it show up on some days?

Haku, make sure to click out of the Quote to not post inside of it. Otherwise, the text that you typed up will show inside of it. I ended up fixing it, but just letting ya know for future reference.

And what Etesian said. The other mons that he suggested are far superior to it in many ways.

oh thank you Derpy Simon. I am new too the forms and still figuring out things.

Oh one other question to the other guy

i wanted to ask was could Houndoom be any good my hounddoom has high speed and he can sometimes attack twice in a row if i were to give him a quick claw would that be enough to wear down my opponents psychic type little by ;little

Right now, no, it gets no special Dark moves it can use. You can give it Crunch and try that, but it really won't do that well.

And lemme ask, are you stuck on Radomus and can't beat him or are you just grinding in general?

If you're stuck, just get a Galvanutula, it's really close to there and does well against him and the next gym.

If you're just grinding, he's rather easy, only 1 of his Pokemon is pure Psychic type and you can hit everything else supereffectively in other way.

Cause this is the worst time to get a Dark type if you want it for more than just this fight, the next 2 gyms are really bad for Dark types.

well etesian i have only grinded my houndoom but i got that weird pokemon its ghost nd ground type and i got it when i did this thing with the 3 rag doll thing at the totum poll. i am very sorry for bed spelling i am very sleepy at this late hour its 12:09 am. and i got a dusclops at levl 55 and it has a defense of 187 and a sp defense of 202 and it is my shield it knows shadow ball curse shadow punch thunder punch (may reteach it will-o-wisp but its attack is 77 and its sp attack is 85 and its speed is only 42. it attacks weakly but stalls time to wear down my fos it has been my trump card when i defeated the person after shade

Edited by HakuHanako

The real trick to beating Radomus is to overpower him before he can play any card tricks with trick room, If I recall nothing on his team exceeds the speed base of 80 so what you would want is a strong bug type that is not completely reliant on nyoom levels of speed, something like Pinsir or even Heracross could serve you well, another thing to consider though is his Ace who you would specifically want either a strong physical attacker for or a poison type that could out pace her and secure the OHKO, Toxicroak, despite it's typing could serve such a roll thanks to it's good offensive stats, not to mention it's easy access to nasty plot which leads me into my final suggestion. Always know the field effects there are only a small handful of them that are one sided, for example the lackluster strength becomes rock type and gets a damage bonus and nasty plot which I mentioned beforehand functions as a tailglow. I'm sure you'll find a way out of the Radomus's rabbit hole and I wish you luck! :D

actually I used Forretress and Steelix for 8th badge, while forretress lower their Sp.A and they have resistance to Psychic because they are steel

don't always go for counters they will counter you as well

and also due to the speed of these 2 trick room is no harm especially with Curselix.

Hope I helped

Almost forgot Bug-type moves are Super effective against psychic and dark

especially on his malamar why not

Forretress@Metronome

Ability: Overcoat

-Struggle Bug (hits both poke and lowers Sp.A)

-Protect

-Spikes

-Payback (being low in speed do wonders)

Steelix@Metronome

Ability: Sheer Force

-Curse (go for at least 3)

-Gyro Ball (Combo with curse)

-Rock Slide

-Crunch

Edited by valfische

Mismagius is my personal favorite, but you'll want to grab Nasty Plot through breeding with Spritomb, which will require tracking down an Odd Keystone through mining.

oh m god i found the odd key stone accidentally before i found the giant steelix oh my god i also realized i can use steel type against psychic type Metal Coat+ Steelix+ Trade stone = OP steelix

cofagrigus is an amazing pokemon. with monstrous defensive stats (145 def/105 sp.d) it tanks a ton of hits. It will destroy any physical attacker with willowisp and can easily recover with pain split. it learns those moves along with curse, shadow ball, and destiny bond that are great to annoy your opponents and take them down with ease. hex works like a charm with will-o-wisp as well if youre willing to run it. it can become an offensive beast with nasty plot/shadow ball/trick room because of its trashy speed. it learns pretty much all of its moves by leveling up and can take a bulky offense path (with breeding nasty plot) or run a wally set (shadowball willo pain split and hex/dbond/curse or even scary face it youre wanting to outspeed a mon.

honestly it is so viable because right whenever you get it you are fighting one of its two weaknesses, and the other comes later on, giving you time to find and train a beastly bug or fighting type to cover its weaknesses.