We make Pokémon Reborn. Ask Us Anything.

Kurotsune

• Administrators

Since the reputation system can't take into account choices made in already existing save files, could it be possible to have a list of the choices that now influence reputation ? That way people who know how to modify save files could update their save manually. Cause I don't want to miss this for my seven runs (yes I love this game x) )

Nah, that's no fun.

But I will say it's not -just- about choices. What you do in fights and the overworld sometimes affects it too.

What does Shade use his iPod for?

A while.

Why did you decide to leave such a large part of the backstory (I'm talking about the Laura events with the Steelix in Chrysolia ) to a choice-locked event? Only in one of the four (?) possible outcomes, you end up with Laura in that Steelix area, and only then you get to hear her backstory. In all other cases, you're on your own, and as such, you miss what I'd say is a large part of what makes the characters involved who they are.

It just struck me as weird how such an important part of the story would not be known by everyone playing through the game only once, and the information, if I recall, isn't even mentioned anywhere later on. Would that information return in the future somehow?

I think it's okay to have bonus backstory like that locked in optional scenarios. It's some mild replay value. And I think it's pretty exciting when players discover something they didnt see before. Hey, it's almost like that even happened in this topic. ^^

Okay, wait. Are you saying he keeps all of those hats... In his pocket? That's... Huh. But HOW?

Are you planning on getting Sun/Moon? And if so, which starter?

You mean that isn't where you keep all your hats?

I'll get Moon, and go for Nyabbii (fire starter; given that it's English name is stupid I've elected to ignore it). so cute. but delphox and swampert have made me distrust cute starters' evolutions. so my hopes remain low.

Given that Team Meteor destroyed and polluted both land and water, do you think that if they were based in Hoenn, Team Aqua and Team Magma would set aside their differences and work together to stop them?

Probably. Not that Team Meteor would have much reason to exist in Hoenn.... Meteor Falls???? idklol

Is the recently released mod that has allows your pokemon to follow you around in the overworld eventually going to be added to the main release of pokemon reborn?

As Kuro said, I'm not planning on it. Mostly because I'm trying to minimize how much I pad out development time by going back and changing/adding things, but there's also the concerns about bugs and stuff. I'm sure those can be ironed out in time though. Regardless, we'll support and showcase mods after the game is complete, and I imagine that will be one of the most popular ones.

Does Aya use any of his Pokémon he left behind? She wasn't really perpared to become the new poison type Gym leader, so it makes me wonder if she perhaps have borrowed some of Cain's Pokémon.

Yep. In fact even in the online league after Cain left she flat out took up his same strategy (which, by the way, was a weather-based doubles team. usually sun, sometimes rain.)

But certain things were probably hers to begin with too, such as Nidoqueen and Dragalge.

Rather unimportant but thoughts on Pokemon Sun and Moon so far?

Similar to Kuro's. Not really excited for the games themselves because XY/ORAS were just mind-numbingly easy. It's hard for me to take that seriously. I did like many of Gen 6's new Pokemon though, so I'll still look forward to those.

If you had to lick a Reborn character's face, but you could choose which one, who would you lick?

what the fuck

Amy, because she'd probably understand after I explained it to her.

I also wonder how many of each shard and heart scale it takes to create a 'rare candy'?

That's an interesting thing to ask now, isn't it?

I'll be notifying the DEA about this inquiry.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you be upset if the main series pokemon games ever add in the idea of field effects, and some of the ones they add are similar to yours? Or will you not mind? Or would you be happy that your idea(?) is now a part of the main game series?

I'll get Moon, and go for Nyabbii (fire starter; given that it's English name is stupid I've elected to ignore it). so cute. but delphox and swampert have made me distrust cute starters' evolutions. so my hopes remain low.

I'm pretty much going for Nyabbii too. Aside from my natural inclination toward Fire-types (and cats...), its design strikes me as the lesser of three evils.

But Mokuroo has that bow tie tho

Will you be upset if the main series pokemon games ever add in the idea of field effects, and some of the ones they add are similar to yours? Or will you not mind? Or would you be happy that your idea(?) is now a part of the main game series?

While I've worked in field effects, I haven't idealized them, but personally I think my reaction wouldn't be much more than mild curiosity. Field effects were already an expansion of something Pokémon itself already had (field effects already existing to a much minor effect within the main games) so if they decided to do something with it, I'd at most as to how that would be played out. I highly doubt it'd be employed in the same way that it is in Reborn, so its applications in the main game would be interesting to see.

Q:so what is the one character in reborn you will like to kill slowly painfully while talking dinner breaks in between by the jaw droppingly agonizing why possible?

Q:Also Ame are you secretely the head of team meteor and the rest of the staff are just executives and you are waiting til we get to the E4 before you mercilessly slaughter us?

Q:so what is the one character in reborn you will like to kill slowly painfully while talking dinner breaks in between by the jaw droppingly agonizing why possible?

Q:Also Ame are you secretely the head of team meteor and the rest of the staff are just executives and you are waiting til we get to the E4 before you mercilessly slaughter us?

Uh

Honestly no one, but if it had to be someone, probably Corey.

But hey I don't really have to do that do I

And to the second question, the answer is obviously yes no

Uh

Honestly no one, but if it had to be someone, probably Corey.

But hey I don't really have to do that do I

No, the answer is ALWAYS Fern. Unlikable jerk that he is...

Speaking of Fern, I know that many of the Gym Leaders and major NPCs are based on real people, including Fern and Terra. I presume that most if not all of them are at least AWARE of their appearances in Reborn: do any of them follow the game and do they have any surprising opinions on their characterization (or fan reception)? Because I have a suspicion that if real!Fern is anything like Reborn!Fern, he's just laughing at all of us getting so mad at him...

• Administrators

I'd be pretty ecstatic actually. The idea of Field Effects came around not as something that was planned for Reborn, but as a concept I got really excited about and started detailing before Black and White came out. I was really really hoping that BW would introduce a feature like that... but obviously that wasn't the case.. It didn't even actually occur to me to take that idea I'd developed and put it into Reborn until like Episode 11 or so.

On another note, does that extra -1 value on Vict's relationship values relate to the stolen tv event

What she doesn't know won't hurt her...

1- Me? Kill someone? Please, I'm a pacifist. I would never do something like that.

blake.

2- Um. Spoilers??

Speaking of Fern, I know that many of the Gym Leaders and major NPCs are based on real people, including Fern and Terra. I presume that most if not all of them are at least AWARE of their appearances in Reborn: do any of them follow the game and do they have any surprising opinions on their characterization (or fan reception)? Because I have a suspicion that if real!Fern is anything like Reborn!Fern, he's just laughing at all of us getting so mad at him...

I have not kept communication up with Fern... for potentially obvious reasons... but I think he finds it amusing. He's chilled out a little bit since then.

Just a little.

Some others I have no contact at all with, some are distant or I talk to only occasionally. A few might even still be in the community, but if that were the case we'd have all signed a blood pact of secrecy so you'd never know. ^~^

Will we, some time in the future know the full reason why ferns sister acts like a robot (I forgot her name sorry lol) because its always had me curious. there have been little hints on what happened, but never the whole story so I'm quite interested.

• Administrators

Charlotte = Antisocial Personality Disorder

Laura = OCD

Noel = Asperger's

Anna = Schizophrenia

Does Saphira have a condition as well, or was she just there because she was an orphan?

If anything, she'd probably have been diagnosed with Conduct Disorder.

Which in my unprofessional opinion, maybe shouldn't be a disorder because honestly who could blame her.

Will we, some time in the future know the full reason why ferns sister acts like a robot (I forgot her name sorry lol) because its always had me curious. there have been little hints on what happened, but never the whole story so I'm quite interested.

It would be a shame if such a critical detail like that was never explored, hmm?

What type did Charlotte's mum use? If she used fire as well she was the Gym Leader even before Cal right? Where is/was Cal's Gym?

It might have been fire as I believe Charlotte inherited the gym (think she said it at one point at least that she did) so if that's the case I think with it the type too

that's correct

Q:What inspired you guys to have hidden abilities to be non event and just random like normal abilities?

Q:As all gym leaders are based on real people how was the real shade just as mysterious and ominous or much more open than that?

Q:Whats the inspiration behind the name of Mr.Bigglesworth?

Q:Will You Marry ME?

Q:What inspired you guys to have hidden abilities to be non event and just random like normal abilities?

Q:As all gym leaders are based on real people how was the real shade just as mysterious and ominous or much more open than that?

Q:Whats the inspiration behind the name of Mr.Bigglesworth?

Q:Will You Marry ME?

1 and 3 I'll leave to the others.

Shade was known for just "appearing, doing his thing, and then leaving." So I guess he's actually more talkative in the game.

And no, I won't marry you, I've had my heart broken too many times. I won't ever trust again.

unless you have green eyes, then we can talk

• Developers

@Kurotsune: Thanks for the answer. You forgot my last question though - where is/was Cal's Gym?

(I kind of presumed the rest so this was the important one.)

Hi.

This is my first post on the forums, but I have been playing reborn for a little over a year. Followed the forums here and there, but remained a lurker. Wasn't sure where to put this and I didn't want to litter the forums with a new thread just for a post, so I hope posting here is okay.

I'd just like to say thanks to the creators/developers of the game. You have really made something unique, not just a game, but a community to go along with it. For a group of people with limited time and resources, that is a very big feat to accomplish. I've enjoyed the game thus far very much, am currently on my third playthrough and the game still hasn't stopped suprising me. So again, a big thanks and kudos to everyone involved. Thanks for putting in the time and effort, for little in return.

Sincerely, a very happy player.

• Global Mods

Oh, I just thought of something while thinking about how Reborn will be reborn in E16.

Adrienn is the spearheader of the #makereborngreatagain project in-game. From my understanding, Gen 6 where Adrienn's type was introduced came out while Reborn was in episode 10, and the entire story had been planned out since episode 3. So if Fairy type weren't introduced, Adrienn wouldn't have taken the spot online or existed in-game. Before episode 10, who was originally going to be in charge of cleaning up and remodeling the city, or was it going to be a general community project?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I made a topic in Reborn City, but was told I should ask it here. Are there any place to include romance options for the MC in reborn? I've seen a lot of the other characters experiencing their romance, but to be honest when you see all the stories of the other characters, it feels as if you aren't really a part of the story. Just experience all the other characters stories as you tag along. I think allowing the MC to get more involved with some of the characters would help this a lot.

Like if you could have the choice of falling in love with Victoria, Laura, Luna, or some of the others, you'd be more invested in what happens to them. It would make the rescue missions more fun too. Cal, Cain, Adrien, and even some of the bad guys like Aster, Eclipse, Sirius, Zel, some others might potentially make fun romance options too.

"Sirius"

"Fun romance option"

What.

I find ZEL being a romance option even more questionable, because ... well ... they are three people and I doubt all of them would fall in love with the MC ... and say if just one of them fell in love? Now that would be ... complicated and interesting.

Edited by Lilleen