One With the Wasteland(A Poison Monotype Recording)

Hymdall

So, with my recent(okay not really recent I've been slacking like a loser)foray into streaming various games, including my 2nd playthrough of Pokemon Reborn quite a long time ago, I decided that I should get off my butt and do some other things...Like record a Mono Poison Type run. Poison's always been one of my favorite types, and in my opinion is one of the most viable types to do a first mono run of Reborn with. So the first few episodes are up, and I have a bunch recorded as well, but I'm currently waiting for a friend to get back to me about a layout to make the videos a little more presentable. But, without further ado, let's get down to business(to defeat...the runs...)

First off, The Rules

1) I may only use Pokemon who are of the Poison type, dual typed or otherwise. An exception may be made if a Pokemon will evolve into a Poison type later, i.e Wurmple to Dustox.

2) Item abuse is allowed. Reborn is challenging enough as it is, I'm not going to handicap myself further.

3) I am allowed to capture non-Poison types, if only for breeding purposes, events(a la Mystery Egg), or the chance at a rare item(I.E Lucky Egg from Happiny)

4) I am allowed to breed for egg moves. Type coverage and versatility IS IMPORTANT.

5) And most importantly, have fun!

As a fair warning, the first video is kind of rough since this is my first time doing something like this solo, so expect commentary to be a little rough in the beginning. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy my runthrough of Pokemon Reborn as a Poison Expert, so come along, and let's have some fun, eh?

Episode 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWn5TT495S8

Notable Happenings: Start of the game, and the capture of a few Pokemon. It's the first episode, what do you want? I try to keep the episode length to a shorter time frame, but depending on the scenario, it could go on for a bit. I'll try to work on this in the future.

Hey, I tried a poison-type mono-type run once. I would have beaten it, too, but then my hard drive crashed. Good luck!

Thanks a bunch! Sorry to hear about the crashing, that always sucks.

So hyped for this playthrough! Also, I expect Lord Goomy Gulpin to wreck everything! P.S: If you do get the Gulpin, then name it Slimey, ok?

I can safely confirm that Gulpin in fact is a blasted powerhouse. I'm amazed I never used it before.

IN OTHER NEWS, I'M FINALLY GETTING AROUND TO PUTTING EP 2 IN THIS THREAD SO HERE WE ARE

Episode 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPkKgYspBR0

Notable Happenings: A rewind to a previous save file due to the fact that GULPIN DIDN'T SHOW UP IN THE FIRST VIDEO AND MY FIRST SAVE FILE WAS A FAILED RECORDING....W h y. Also, the capture of a couple Pokemon as well as a well deserved beatdown of a certain Grasshole.

Nickname your Gulpin to Lord Gulpin or I will lose my hype for this series.

Unfortunately, at the time of this posting, I had a bunch of videos bulk recorded about a week ago, up to part...I believe I recorded up to part 7 or 8. I'll check later. Sadly, that's at a point where Gulpin is really quite close to evolving, and as an aside, a good friend personally asked me to name my Gulpin after Stahl from Fire Emblem: Awakening, so I did so.

Anyways, Episode 3 finished rendering so put on your work clothes, we're headed into the Factory.

Episode 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhOO0L8fl3k&feature=youtu.be

Notable Happenings: Nothing that serious. The first factory is done and over with, as well as most of Julia's Gym. Next time, a Shocking Showdown!

Super hyped for the Julia battle!

P.S: If you're grinding, I suggest you put on some background music.

I try to do all my grinding off screen, which is usually why it can take a bit before I upload another video, simply because I sometimes just don't want to sit there and grind. Blugh. In other news...

Episode 4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNo2homnnBg

Notable Happenings: Julia fight! Also the beginnings of Obsidia Ward. What awaits us in this plant ravaged ward?

Edited by Ssbmfreak36

hey, i'm also doing a mono poison run (hardcore). i'm in the beryl ward and can't get passed the klefki

so yeah, steel types are a pain early game

my team is roselia, arbok, venomoth, swalot, trubbish, nidoran, grimer, koffing, stunky and ivysear (i'm rotating)

(hopefully someone can change my mystery egg into tentacool, i uploaded my save file in the request a mon topic)

good luck in your run en enjoy

So...I'm late. And a Happy Holidays to everyone! Still getting through the pre-recorded bulk so no holiday wishes in any of the upcoming videos, whoops. Anyways, without further ado...

Episode 5!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTQYmBWyinM

Notable Happenings: A rival battle, and a trip through the slums. Mainly just exploration today, I'm afraid! Next time though, fun times are ahead.