team options

Restal

hey there!

im starting a hardcore ghost/psychic run and was wondering which options would be most convenient and practical to make it to the end of the episode. ill be wanting an even 3 ghosts and 3 psychics on my team with many others in rotation.

the available psychic and ghost types in their final form

delphox

meowstic

swoobat

musharna

grumpig

hypno

gothitelle

mr. mime

chimeco

unown

solrock

lunatone

jynx

xatu

claydol

beheeyem

medicham

exxegutor

malamar

gardevoir

gallade

espeon

sigilyph

girafarig

reuniclus

wobuffet

bronzong

metagross

alakazam

banette

gourgiest

dusknoir

golurk

cofagrigus

shedinja

spiritomb

mismagius

rotom

sableye

chandelure

froslass

trevenant

mystery egg:

(ghost)

jellicent

trevenant

(psychic)

starmie

Edited by Restal

Fennekin is the only Starter that has the Psychic Type in its Final Form, also Delphox gets Shadow Ball by Move Reminder.

Meowstic-M is pretty useful until a part of the game (Prankster Dual Screener)

Idk about Meowstic-F, but she's more like a Special Attacker than a Support.

Malamar is one of the best Psychic Physical Attackers in the game, I totally recommend.

Medicham too ^

Metagross is Metagross, you know.

Reuniclus is pretty bulky and some people say that he's the best Psychic type in the game, after the Trick Room I guess.

Can't confirm it for you, but you can try.

Well, I can only help you with this :v

I don't know so much about Ghost types but I think that Cofagrigus, Chandelure, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Mismagius and Dusknoir are pretty useful.

You can also change Rotom's form for better coverage, or is it against the rules? Since Rotom loses his Ghost typing after changing his form...

• Fennekin is a must have, as it's the only starter with a typing that matches your criteria. It also has good special attack and speed, even far into EP. 15.

Metagross has a base-135 attack stat, and a base-130 defense as well, although it can be a hassle to catch and train from a Beldum.

A Gardevoir or a Gallade is useful for Dark-type Pokémon, as Dark is super-effective against both Psychic and Ghost. It's also available relatively early, right before Serra

Medicham is also useful for Darks, and has Pure Power as it's ability. Similar to Diggersby or Azumarill, this boosts it's attack to extremely high levels. Meditite is obtainable on Apophyll Beach.

Gourgeist-Super has decent defensive stats, and has access to Leech Seed and Confuse Ray. It also has the abilities Frisk and Pickup, which are both very useful for item farming.

Malamar's typing allows it to deal with Dark-types as well as other Ghost-types. It also can have the ability Contrary which can be used in combination with Superpower to boost its physical side quickly. However, it has a 4x weakness to Bug, although that shouldn't be too much of a problem with Ghost-types on your team.

Whatever other spots you have in your roster you can really fill with almost anything (except for Unown).

Edited by Brushfire

once i get a ghost implemented i'll start my hardcore run c:

so i think i'll be using a team like this

chandelure

jellicent

trevenant/gourgeist

gallade/medicham

alakazam

reuniclus/gothitelle

rotation;

cofagrigus

mismagius

delphox

mewostic

rotom

maybe metagross or malamar

suggestions on which ones to use for the main team are appreciated (i.e. reuniclus or gothitelle)

thanks a ton guys~