Greetings and about me in general

Ironbound

Hello everyone, I'm Viridescent, Virid for short.

It's been a while since I've discovered Reborn, most of which time was spent lurking on this site on-and-off. In any case, I want to finally chime in and truly be a part of the Reborn community, so here I am.

About me:

I'm an Indian citizen, currently studying to be a chartered accountant and pursuing a college course in economics. I'm interested in art (I myself sketch and paint), writing, debating, reading everything from philosophy to fiction, gardening, dogs, swimming and of course, Pokemon. My tastes in music tend towards classical and Carnatic, but I'm usually appreciative of most genres. I've dabbled a bit in competitive Pokemon when time permitted; I might be very rusty but I hope I'm not too bad at it. I'm not really experienced with other games, though I've played a little Zelda and stuff from time to time.

I'm usually described as calm, collected and analytical. In Pokemon, my favourite games would be DPPt (Gen IV, that is) and my personal preferred Pokemon are usually Water, Steel or Psychic types. I recognize my own greatest flaw to be my implacability; 'my good opinion once lost is lost for ever', to quote Darcy.

I'm also partially colourblind. It's not too bad, except that I always have to pass off my red leaves and green fire as 'modern art'.

About me and Reborn:

I came to know about Reborn perhaps two years ago, and I've been following it since then, though I actually played it myself only from Episode 14 and made an account only a few months back. Needless to say, I greatly admire all who have made it possible, for I feel it to be the best Pokemon game I have ever played.

And that's about it. Thanks for sticking through to the end, and I hope that in time I can not only enjoy but also contribute to this society. I'd be glad to discuss anything, and I'd greatly appreciate any help in learning the ropes and getting familiar around here.

Hey, welcome to Reborn. We're all friends here, so I'm sure you'll fit right in. Art? nice. Gen IV? Even better. Heh, this is great.

I see you're already a familiar, so I'm guessing you've been lurking around. But it's nice to get to know everyone and also remember to check out the Showdown server in the top left!

Anyways, it's about as far as you can get from classical, but have some music!

Ayyyyy fellow Indian on Reborn :D

Welcome to the hell hole that is Reborn. Make sure you leave your sanity behind too.
Come on the Reborn Showdown server some time. It's great for talking and polishing up those battle skills.
See you around and have a great time in Reborn cause there is no escape from this madness

Big thanks to all of you for welcoming me so readily; I greatly appreciate it, and your help.

Anyways, it's about as far as you can get from classical, but have some music!

Thanks, I enjoyed it! I'd like to return the favour; unfort. that I can't currently link any of my favourite pieces, but I'll make it a point to share sometime!

Come on the Reborn Showdown server some time. It's great for talking and polishing up those battle skills.

See you around and have a great time in Reborn cause there is no escape from this madness

I'll also definitely check up on the Reborn showdown server as well. I'd enjoy battling again after such a long hiatus from competitive Pokemon. And of course, I'd like to get to know everyone better. [and yes, "Can't escape!"]

Hello, Virid! Welcome to the madhouse!

Huh, you're already a familiar. Guess you were lurking a long time?

In any case, enjoy your stay! It will likely be a long one. A very long one.

You'll never leave.

Yes, I was lurking for quite a while, haha. And of course, I know that this place has Arena Trap.

Edited by Viridescent

Hi there Virid! Welcome to Reborn!

With the exception of art I am interested in a lot of the same stuff that you listed there so that's cool!

Glad to hear that you decided to make an account and join the community! You'll love it here!

Hope to see you around!

Welcome to Reborn! Community rules on your left, search bar above that, Showdown server above that. Try not to confuse the search bar with the status bar below the rules, as it's a common mistake. I hope that you enjoy your stay here on the forums!

Thanks, everyone! I'm happy to be here, and I'll certainly enjoy my stay which will as you said be permanent.

With the exception of art I am interested in a lot of the same stuff that you listed there so that's cool!

That's wonderful! I'd be glad to discuss anything and better make your acquaintance!

I'm also grateful towards all the help being extended here; please bear with me for a few days as I learn what goes where.