New Round Team

SkyeAssassin

So I am planning on starting this new file with Torchic as my starter. I luckily got a Torchic with an Adamant Nature with the Speed Boost Ability. I would like some feedback from the community to create a well balanced team in Reborn. I understand the idea of having pokemon in Rotation, but it would be preferable if I can get some suggestions on what pokemon to catch. If possible I would like team suggestions with Gardevoir included because the pokemon is awesome in my opinion. However, these are opinions and I would be perfectly fine playing without a Gardevoir. Thanks again guys and gals of the Reborn Community.

Speed Boost Torchic is probably one of the best starters out there, and can easily sweep the few gyms due to nice matchups. Kricketune is pretty amazing early-game and has the power to sweep as well. Budew is a great grass type once it evolves into Roserade, but Roselia learns a lot of support moves like Toxic Spikes. Roserade with Technician also hits hard with a 90BP Hidden Power. Once you get Rock Smash you have access to the cave outside of the 4th gym and Swinubs, and Mamoswine is one of the top mons you can use in Reborn once you breed it Icicle Crash. After that you'll have a pretty solid base for a team, and you can build it to your liking from there.

to be honest, i never had a rotation and the 6 mons I used were never changed, so I doubt how useful that would be for you, especially since you got a Blaziken

Edited by wytch_doctr

Well, given that you got Torchic and are planning to raise a Gardevoir, that's already some pretty amazing coverage from natural movesets. Unfortunately, it also leaves you a bit weak to a strong Flying type. With Blaziken and Gardevoir, I can safely recommend my pet rock friend Golem. Good natural learnset, great bulk, and typing that is EASY to cover the weaknesses of. You already have fighting covered in Gardevoir, Grass in Blaziken, and Water is pretty easily covered by 95% of water Types. Which, if you'd like my recommendation, go for something that resists Ground, like Swanna or Ludicolo. Swanna, I might add, also has some REALLY good synergy with Golem, so go for it!

You have Fire, Fighting, Psychic, and Fairy present, and I think I agree with both of them on Roserade, Golem, and Swanna. It rounds out fairly well like that. I'd consider adding a Skarmory Steel or Ice type, depending on if you want to be more offensive or defensive with our team. For Ice, I'd suggest either Vanilluxe or AnHourInAventurine Glaceon, and for steel, Aggron or Klinklang. Though, for that matter, Electric could work out as well.

I never did the "on rotation" thing in-game. Well, unless you include not having anything that learns Dive, Fly/Surf, or Waterfall. Still ended up significantly underlevelled, which, without grinding, is a very pertinent risk of having a rotating team.

I'm glad I found this thread because I had this exact same question. It's hard to find information that's relevant to the new releases!

Do y'all take abilities and nature into consideration when picking your teams? I'm finding that I've been having a really difficult time getting through the game, so I want to take a more proactive, strategic approach this time around. Also, with episode 15, how would one go about obtaining a Kirlia?

I'm glad I found this thread because I had this exact same question. It's hard to find information that's relevant to the new releases!

Do y'all take abilities and nature into consideration when picking your teams? I'm finding that I've been having a really difficult time getting through the game, so I want to take a more proactive, strategic approach this time around. Also, with episode 15, how would one go about obtaining a Kirlia?

Abilities are usually very, very important. for example, you'd go with a Huge Power Diggersby over a Cheek Pouch one. natures are less so, but it's bad when you have a nature that hinders the Pokemon's best stats.

As for Ralts, you need to find an item called the Corrupted Pokeball and Metal Powder, then continuously talk to a man inside Obsidia's Critical Capture shop. Use the item guide to find the items

Okay so you have a Fighting/Fire with great nature and ability... I suggest the following pokemons and then you're undefeatable.

-Magnezone (Sturdy) covering Electric and Steel moves

-Gardevoir (Trace) Covering Psychic and fairy

-Crobat(Infiltrator) OR Roserade (Poison Point) Covering Flying and Poison OR Grass and Poison

-Swampert (Damp) Covering Ground/Rock/Water

-Porygon-Z (Download) Do I need to say more?

You will get a rare pokemon from the Police Quest egg. If you're lucky you might get a Larvesta, Drilbur, Togepi, Staryu, or Trapinch

meh i guess you did not bother reading my post on your last thread. but oh well gonna post the same old stuffs+ more i guess. oh btw long post incoming.

in reborn it is better to have sub pokemon/back up team so you can swap around and replace team members to suit the boss or the gym.Also it is always good to have a gimmick pokemon to kill those hard to kill bosses. Examples of gimmick pokemon is a sudowoodo with sturdy and counter. Also it is always good to have a team of pick up pokemons. i usually have around 5-7 pick up pokemon in every run so that when i Ev train pokemon i can get free stuff from the pick up squad.

TLDR:

1)Have a pick up squad of 5-7 pokemon

2)Have a gimmick pokemon so you can beat bosses easily

3)Have rotations/sub pokemon to be swapped around and used when needed

Early game: Julia To Shelly

Oh dont forget to save the police officers and get growlith and breed for a egg and get the mystery egg. just hope you get lucky and get the pokemons which are not available in game or can be obtain later on in the game.

Main team:

Combusken/Blaziken

Meowstic M

Roselia

Kricketune

Swoobat

Ampharos

Subs:

Lvl 20-25 Trubbish

Pick up squad of 5-7 pick of pokemon(lvl 31 at max)

Gimmick sudowoodo( must the the same lvl as main team members)

Hm slave( you dont really need 1 since i think most pick mons can be hm slaves *cough* meowth *cough* and you can delete hm in reborn as and when you like)

Moveset

*Nature: You do Not really need to care about the nature of the pokemon but just gonna list the best nature for each main team member.

Blaziken

Ability: Speed boost

Nature:Adamant

Item:None

Bulk up

Blaze kick

Double kick

Flame charge

Meowstic M

Ability: Prankster

Nature: Bold/Calm

Item: Light Clay( collect 2 stickers for obsidia department store to buy it at 3F of obsidia department store for 200 pokedollars)

Light screen

Reflect

Psyshock

Psybeam

Roselia

Ability:Natural Cure/Poison Point

Nature:Timid/Modest

Item: Rose Incense

Leech seed

Toxic spike

Giga Drain

Magical leaf/Nature Power

Kricketune

Ability: Technician

Nature: Jolly/Adamant

Fury cutter

Bug Bite

Screech

X-Scissors/cut

Swoobat

Ability:Simple

Nature:Modest

Air cutter

Confusion

Calm Mind/Gust(before it learns Calm mind put Gust to use for corey poison mist field)

Air Slash

Ampharos

Ability: Static

Nature:Modest/Quiet

Item: None

Electro ball

Power Gem

Charge beam

Thunder wave

Subs:

Trubbish

Ability: Aftermath

Toxic spikes

Acid spray

Sludge

Poison gas

well you just use trubbish early game to set up toxic spike before roselia learns it it helps with the first 2 gyms

Pick up squad

Meowth

Ability: Pick up(duh)

Payday( for more money while training them just spam payday)

Feint Attack

Bite

cut

Gimmick Sudowoodo

Ability:Sturdy

Counter

Rock Slide

Rock Tomb

Low kick

Early-Mid Game:Shelly To Aya

Grinding is kinda easy now since you can re battle the trainers at grand hall to get a lot of exp and $. Also you can breed pokemon by now since you have access to the 4th floor of obsidia dept store if you collected all sticker possible. Also do not forget to grab a free ditto at blackstream factory before going in with Amaria remember to have a black slot in your team so you can check and soft rest to get a good ditto for free. in order to get the ditto you will need to save the daycare couple. A free ditto is better than a ditto which you need to pay with shards and you get it way later at 7th street which is around the mid game.

Main team:

Blaziken

Meowstic M

Roselia/Roserade

Piloswine

Ampharos

Swoobat

Subs:

Lvl 40 Kricketune

Coffagrigus(same lvl as main team)

Pick up squad of 5-7 pick of pokemon(lvl 41 at max before aya after shade)

Hm slave

*EV spread: You do Not really need to care about the EV of the pokemon but just gonna list the best Ev spread since you can buy power items from obsidia dept store if you collected all the sticker possible.power items make it easier to EV train. remember to bring along your pick up squad when Ev training the items they pick up can be useful.

Blaziken

EV: 252 Atk,252 Speed,6HP

Bulk up

Blaze kick

Double kick

slash

Meowstic M

Nature: Bold/Calm

EV:252 Def,252 Hp,6 SpDef

Item: Light Clay

Light screen

Reflect

Psyshock

Psychic

Roselia/Roserade(Shiny stone can be obtain at azurine island hidden item but i wont evolve roselia yet until lvl 50 when it learns petal dance unless you have episode 14 and shadow ball )

EV:252 SpAtk, 252 Speed,6 Hp

Leech seed

Toxic spike

Giga Drain

magical leaf/Nature Power/shadow ball(shadow ball if you have a copy of episode 14 and beat shade a get shadow ball as reward for beating shade's gym)

Piloswine

Ability:Thick Fat

EV:252 Atk,252 Speed,6 HP

Item:soft sand(found at the apophyll Beach hidden item)

Earthquake( use 1 rare candy to lvl up to lvl 46 and he will learn EQ than use common candy to lower lvl back to lvl cap)

Ice shard

Ice fang

Mist(yes mist is very useful when vsing Aya since it will make her field go bye bye and you can EQ away at her pokemon)

Swoobat

Nature:Modest

EV:252 SpAtk,252 Speed,6Hp

Air cutter/Future sight

Psychic

Calm Mind

Air Slash

Ampharos

EV:252 Hp,252 SpAtk,6Def

Discharge

Power Gem

Electro ball

Thunder wave

Subs:

Kricketune

Ability: Technician

EV:252 Atk,252 Speed,6HP

Fury cutter

Bug Bite/Fell stinger

Screech/Fell stinger/rock smash

X-Scissors/cut/rock smash

Coffagrigus

Ability:Mummy

EV:252HP,252Def,6SpDef

Will-O-Wisp

Hex

Night Shade

Shadow Ball

Pick up squad: the same but lvl 41

Gimmick Sudowoodo

EV:252 HP,252 Atk,6 Def

Counter

Rock Slide

Sucker Punch

Feint Attack

Mid Game: Aya To Luna

By now grinding should be easy because you can get exp share at spinel town and lucky egg at 7th street. Also by now you can reset you EV since if you collected all the dept store sticker you can access the 8th floor which has the reset EV berries. do not forget to do the spinel museum side quest before battling the pulse abra. so that you can grab a free plume fossil early. The quest activates at night if you enter the spinel museum, there will be 2 grunt talking to the museum owner(some old man) talk to the museum owner and head over to tarzan mountain. the 2 grunts at spinel museum will be at tarzan mountain vs them and beat them and head back to spinel museum to get your reward which is a free plume/cover fossil.

Main Team:

Blaziken(sweep most of serra/noel team with this)

Gardevoir(sweep Luna with moonblast)

Roserade

Mamoswine

Ampharos

Archeops

Note: All subs must be the same lvl as main team Except pick up squad/HM slaves

Subs:

Meowstic M

Swoobat

Coffagrigus(use for psychic gym)

Gigalith(for Charlotte to be paired with coffagrigus with trick room)

Flygon(use for psychic gym paired with mamoswine or coffagrigus)

Aggron(preparing for ceil)

Glaceon(perparing for M3G4 TERRA+Ceil)

Pick up squad of 5-7 pick of pokemon(lvl 61 at max After Rodimus Before Luna)

Hm slave

Blaziken

Item:Charcoal

Bulk up

Flare Blitz

sky uppercut

slash/Brave bird/Blaze kick

Gardevoir

Ability:Trace

Nature:Modest/Timid

EV:252 SpAtk,252 Speed,6 HP

Items:None

Moonblast

Stored Power

Calm Mind

Psychic

Roserade

Leech seed/venoshock

Toxic spike

Giga Drain

Petal Dance/Nature Power/shadow ball/venoshock

Piloswine

Item:soft sand

Earthquake

Ice shard

Ice fang/Icicle crash(icicle crash is an egg move you will need to breed to get it)

Mist/icicle crash

Ampharos

Discharge

Power Gem

Signal beam

Dragon Pulse

Archeops

Ability:Defeatist

Nature:Adamant/Jolly

EV:252 Atk,252 Speed,6 Hp

Acrobatic

Dragon Claw

Rock slide

U turn

Subs:

Meowstic M

Light screen

Reflect

Psyshock

Psychic/Misty terrain

Coffagrigus

Will-O-Wisp

Hex

Trick room

Shadow Ball

Swoobat

Air cutter/Future sight

Psychic

Calm Mind

Air Slash

Flygon

Ability: levitate

Items: Wide lens

Earthquake

Superpower( Train Trapinch to lvl 40 before evolving it than reduce its lvl with common candy and evovle it as per normal)

Rock slide

Dragon claw/Dragon Rush

Gigalith

Ability:Sand Force

Ev:252 HP,252 Atk,6 Def

Stone Edge

Rock Slide

Stealth Rocks

Sand Storm

Glaceon

Ability: snow cloak/ice body

EV: 252 SpAtk,252 Speed,6 HP

Blizzard

Hail

Icy wind/Shadow ball

Mirror Coat

Aggron

Ability: Rock Head

EV: 252 HP,252 Atk,6 Def

Iron Head

Rock slide/Head smash(head smash is an egg move)

Double Edge

Superpower/take down(superpower is an egg move)

Pick up squad: the same but lvl 61

Gimmick Sudowoodo

Counter

Explosion

Sucker Punch

Stone Edge

Late Game: Luna to Ceil

Ok do take note that if you cross over to agate you will not be able to breed anything so breed everything and anything you want before crossing over to agate. Also before crossing over to agate place 2 of you pick up pokemons into the day care so they can gain free lvls while you get lost walk around the agate part of the game. That is the reason why i have 7 pick up pokemons :) hehe

Blaziken

Gardevoir(sweep samson with moonblast)

Roserade

Mamoswine

Ampharos

Archeops(use for ceil)

Note: All subs must be the same lvl as main team Except pick up squad/Hm slaves

Subs:

Meowstic M

Swoobat

Coffagrigus(used for Charlotte)

Gigalith(for Charlotte to be paired with coffagrigus with trick room)

Flygon

Aggron(use for ceil)

Glaceon(use for M3G4 TERRA)

Pick up squad of 5-7 pick of pokemon(lvl 71 at max After Charlotte Before M3G4 TERRA)

Hm slave

Blaziken

Item:Charcoal

Bulk up

Flare Blitz

sky uppercut

slash/Brave bird/Blaze kick

Gardevoir

Ability:Trace

Moonblast

Stored Power

Calm Mind

Psychic

Roserade

Leech seed/venoshock

Toxic spike

Giga Drain

Mamoswine

Earthquake

Ice shard

Ice fang/Icicle crash(icicle crash is an egg move you will need to breed to get it)

Mist/icicle crash

Ampharos

Discharge

Power Gem

Signal beam

Dragon Pulse

Archeops

Nature:Adamant/Jolly

EV:252 Atk,252 Speed,6 Hp

Acrobatic

Dragon Claw

Rock slide

U turn

Subs:

Meowstic M

Light screen

Reflect

Psyshock

Psychic/Misty terrain

Coffagrigus

Will-O-Wisp

Hex

Trick room

Shadow Ball

Swoobat

Air cutter/Future sight

Psychic

Calm Mind

Air Slash

Flygon

Ability: levitate

Items: Wide lens

Earthquake

Superpower( Train Trapinch to lvl 40 before evolving it than reduce its lvl with common candy and evovle it as per normal)

Rock slide

Dragon claw/Dragon Rush

Gigalith

Ability:Sand Force

Ev:252 HP,252 Atk,6 Def

Stone Edge

Rock Slide

Stealth Rocks

Sand Storm

Glaceon

Ability: snow cloak/ice body

EV: 252 SpAtk,252 Speed,6 HP

Blizzard

Hail

Icy wind/Shadow ball

Mirror Coat

Aggron

Ability: Rock Head

EV: 252 HP,252 Atk,6 Def

Iron Head

Rock slide/Head smash

Double Edge

Superpower/Brick Break

Pick up squad: the same but lvl 71

Gimmick Sudowoodo

Counter

Explosion

Sucker Punch

Stone Edge

you can add on stuff into your sub team after you finish the game. also you can add stuff as and when you like this is just a foundation/base team i used to finish my run of reborn with blaziken as my starter.*cough* i soft reseted until i got a decent female torchic so i can breed a monster blaziken with perfect Iv and HJK*cough* other than that i think that is all hope this helps.

Edited by Luna

you cant get swampert anymore in game trough event, unless you have a copy of episode 14. if you do i suggest starting with it and play until you beat shade with it so that you can get a free shadow ball TM. which is way more useful that a measly shadow claw TM. i would go for other ground types/water types. i suggested Mamoswine. Mamoswine is a solid ground type because it has EQ and it also has decent ice types moves.

magnezone can be gotten quite late in the game now due to the fact you need a green crystal plug to get the key to open the room to evolve magneton to magnezone. so i rather go with ampharos since you get mareep early and it has decent coverage. yeah magnezone is good but you cant breed to get a good magnazone unless you have a super awesome ditto with 3-4 perfect 31 IV which is kinda crazy and hard to get unless you are willing to sit and soft reset for hours. you can put magnezone as a sub since he has decent steel type moves.

Noivern is good late game but early game noibat is just weak and frail. you can add noivern after Serra but i find using an archeops to be better than using a noivern because archeops has move coverage moves and even stab acrobatics which is kinda painful on most mon because you have no item on him. and you team will have 4 special atker if you add noivern. i usually have 3 physical attackers and 3 special attackers so that certain wall dont easily wall out team or if someone sets a light screen/reflect i can handle it with my other members. 4 special and 2 physical is ok but i personally prefer have 50% physical and 50% special.

Also you first pokemon is not showing i assume it is blaziken so yeah.

TLDR

1)Swampert no longer available in game unless you have Episode 14

2)Magnezone is hard to breed and get so go with Ampharos. Magnazone can still be a sub

3)Noivern is good but archeops is way better.

4)50% physical attack pokemon and 50% special attack pokemon is better and safer

Edited by Luna

you cant get swampert anymore in game trough event, unless you have a copy of episode 14. if you do i suggest starting with it and play until you beat shade with it so that you can get a free shadow ball TM. which is way more useful that a measly shadow claw TM. i would go for other ground types/water types. i suggested Mamoswine. Mamoswine is a solid ground type because it has EQ and it also has decent ice types moves.

magnazone can be gotten quite late in the game now due to the fact you need a green crystal plug to get the key to open the room to evolve magnaton to magnazone. so i rather go with ampharos since you get mareep early and it has decent coverage. yeah magnazone is good but you cant breed to get a good magnazone unless you have a super awesome ditto with 3-4 perfect 31 IV which is kinda crazy and hard to get unless you are willing to sit and soft reset for hours. you can put magnazone as a sub since he has decent steel type moves.

Noivern is good late game but early game noibat is just weak and frail. you can add noivern after Serra but i find using an archeops to be better than using a noivern because archeops has move coverage moves and even stab acrobatics which is kinda painful on most mon because you have no item on him. and you team will have 4 special atker if you add noivern. i usually have 3 physical attackers and 3 special attackers so that certain wall dont easily wall out team or if someone sets a light screen/reflect i can handle it with my other members. 4 special and 2 physical is ok but i personally prefer have 50% physical and 50% special.

Also you first pokemon is not showing i assume it is blaziken so yeah.

TLDR

1)Swampert no longer available in game unless you have Episode 14

2)Magnezone is hard to breed and get so go with Ampharos. Magnazone can still be a sub

3)Noivern is good but archeops is way better.

4)50% physical attack pokemon and 50% special attack pokemon is better and safer

Thank you a lot for your feedback. You mind suggesting novesets since I haven't really used any of these pokemon aside from Bl aziken and Gardevoir. I can figure out IVs and such.

movesets for who?move set for Roserade,Ampharos,Mamoswine and Archeops are in my super long post but i can re-post the final move sets for these 4 pokemon plus Noivern and Magnazone set also. Well i also forgot that you can Magnezone for Heliolisk if you want a fast electric type cause Ampharos is kinda slow but has decent hp and SpDef. heliolisk is fast but very very frail and he kinda needs sun to do a lot of dmg since he has solar power.gonna put heliolisk set down also just incase you want to use it.

Noivern

Ability: Infiltrator

Boomburst

Super Fang/Dark Pulse(depends on what you want super fang is good for chipping down those tanks,dark pulse is just for coverage)

Dragon Pulse

Air Slash/Hurricane(depends on if you are planning to run rain set up if no rain set up i would use Air slash caus hurricane has low accuracy without rain)

Magnazone

Ability:Analytic/Sturdy

Nature:Quiet/Modest

EV:252 HP,252 SpAtk,6 Def

Flash Cannon

Discharge

Shock wave/electro web/Rain dance/zap cannon/Mirror coat/thunder wave( well this move slot is kind of a fill slot put what you want rain can help with hurricane)

Tri Attack

Roserade

Leech seed/venoshock

Toxic spike

Giga Drain

Mamoswine

Earthquake

Ice shard

Mist/icicle crash

Ampharos

Discharge

Power Gem

Signal beam

Dragon Pulse

Archeops