My team... any suggestions?

javier9627

Already beat the last gym so this is more of a wrap your team thingy. (I would also like item suggestions)

I have three "parts" of my team.

The properly trained/breeded, the ones which needs proper training/breeding and the ones I want to be in my team.

Let's start:

Sandslash.png

Sahara ♀

Ability: Sand Veil

EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Slash

- Earthquake

- Swords Dance

- Rapid Spin

Meganium.png

Maple ♂

Ability: Overgrow

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe

Calm Nature

- Synthesis

- Flash

- Leaf Storm

- Petal Blizzard

Crawdaunt.png

Death Mask ♀

Ability: Shell Armor

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Naive Nature

- Crabhammer

- Swords Dance

- Knock Off

- Crunch

Parasect.png

Amanita ♀

Ability: Effect Spore

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def

Jolly Nature

- Giga Drain

- Spore

- X-Scissor

- Stun Spore

Steelix.png

Ragnarok ♂

Ability: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 82 SpD / 78 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Double-Edge

- Iron Tail

- Bulldoze

- Stealh Rock

Toxicroak.png

Harley ♀

Ability: Dry Skin

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Revenge

- Drain Punch

- Sucker Punch

- Poison Jab

Florges.png

Belladona ♀

Ability: Flower Veil

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

Bold Nature

- Wish

- Petal Dance

- Moonblast

- Grass Knot

The others:

Charizard.pngUrsaring.pngBanette.pngGlalie.pngLuxray.pngDrapion.png

Braviary.pngArcheops.pngScrafty.pngMeowstic.pngNoivern.png

Your team looks pretty nice, but I might try swapping out your Parisect for something a little stronger and with a different typing, since you already have a Magenium, something like maybe... I got nothing, as of right now, but maybe try swapping it out, other than that, your team looks pretty good

Meganium is not a good special attacker since it only has 83 base. If you insist on using Meganium, use it as a screens setter (light Screen + Reflect) and give it a light clay so those screens last longer. A better replacement of Parasect would be Roserade (since you lack special attackers) or Mow Rotom. I'm not seeing much else that could fill a special grass role.

Your team looks pretty nice, but I might try swapping out your Parisect for something a little stronger and with a different typing, since you already have a Magenium, something like maybe... I got nothing, as of right now, but maybe try swapping it out, other than that, your team looks pretty good

Meganium is not a good special attacker since it only has 83 base. If you insist on using Meganium, use it as a screens setter (light Screen + Reflect) and give it a light clay so those screens last longer. A better replacement of Parasect would be Roserade (since you lack special attackers) or Mow Rotom. I'm not seeing much else that could fill a special grass role.

Parasect is more of a bug type mon in my team, he's usually in rotation tho.

What moves would you suggest be removed for the screen moves?

hmm well you could swap the ability of your Crawdaunt to Adaptability to do more damage. shell armor is kinda useless. the move set on Crawdaunt is ok you can add 2 more EV to most of your mons because reborn has 2 extra EV points. Adaptability increases STAB damage from 1.5 to 2.0. Basically it means you do more Damage with STAB moves. Also change your Crawdaunt nature to Adament/Jolly just head over to 7th street to change the nature.

Maganium is a bad grass type overall i suggest replacing it with a Roserade. No point in converting it into a screen set-up pokemon since you have a Meowstic M which is 100% better at screen set-up due to prankster ability. So yeah i would bench Maganium unless you really like it or really want to use it for some reason. Roserade can replace Maganium if you want a special atk grass type if you want a physical attack grass type i would go for leavanny or leafeon but i rather go with Roserade/ special atk grass type since most of your team is kinda physical atk. The move-set for Roserade/Leavanny/leafeon is below.

Roserade

Ability:Natural Cure/Poison Point

Nature:Timid/Modest

EV: 252 SpAtk/252 Speed/6 SpDef

Items:None

Toxic Spikes

Venoshock

Giga Drain

Petal Dance/Shadow Ball/leech seed(shadow ball you can get from shade if u beat him in episode 14)

Leavanny

Ability: Chlorophyll

Nature:Adamant/Jolly

EV:252 Stk/252 Speed/6 Hp

Item:None

Sticky Web

Leaf Blade

X-Scissors

Swords Dance/Fell Stinger

Leafeon

Ability:Chlorophyll

EV:252 Atk/252 Speed/6 Def

Items; Heat rock(if you have sunny day)

Swords Dance

Leaf Blade

Nature Power

Synthesis/Sunny Day

Well i would replace parasect for a better bug type. you could always go with leavanny if you still want a bug and grass type Or you could go with Escavalier. Escavalier is bulky only have 1 weakness and does a lot of damage. yeah it is slow but put it in a trick room team it can destroy stuff. well since we dont have Scizor in reborn yet Escavalier is a great sub.As usual move sets are below.

Escavalier

Ability:Overcoat/Swarm

Nature:Adamant/Brave

EV;252HP/252 Atk/6 SpDef

Items: None

Mega Horn(egg move)

Iron Head

Swords Dance

Drill Run

hmm other than that i have nothing much to add on to your team.

Edited by Luna

hmm well you could swap the ability of your Crawdaunt to Adaptability to do more damage. shell armor is kinda useless. the move set on Crawdaunt is ok you can add 2 more EV to most of your mons because reborn has 2 extra EV points. Adaptability increases STAB damage from 1.5 to 2.0. Basically it means you do more Damage with STAB moves. Also change your Crawdaunt nature to Adament/Jolly just head over to 7th street to change the nature.

Maganium is a bad grass type overall i suggest replacing it with a Roserade. No point in converting it into a screen set-up pokemon since you have a Meowstic M which is 100% better at screen set-up due to prankster ability. So yeah i would bench Maganium unless you really like it or really want to use it for some reason. Roserade can replace Maganium if you want a special atk grass type if you want a physical attack grass type i would go for leavanny or leafeon but i rather go with Roserade/ special atk grass type since most of your team is kinda physical atk. The move-set for Roserade/Leavanny/leafeon is below.

Roserade

Ability:Natural Cure/Poison Point

Nature:Timid/Modest

EV: 252 SpAtk/252 Speed/6 SpDef

Items:None

Toxic Spikes

Venoshock

Giga Drain

Petal Dance/Shadow Ball/leech seed(shadow ball you can get from shade if u beat him in episode 14)

Leavanny

Ability: Chlorophyll

EV:252 Stk/252 Speed/6 Hp

Item:None

Sticky Web

Leaf Blade

X-Scissors

Swords Dance/Fell Stinger

Leafeon

Ability:Chlorophyll

EV:252 Atk/252 Speed/6 Def

Items; Heat rock(if you have sunny day)

Swords Dance

Leaf Blade

Nature Power

Synthesis/Sunny Day

Well i would replace parasect for a better bug type. you could always go with leavanny if you still want a bug and grass type Or you could go with Escavalier. Escavalier is bulky only have 1 weakness and does a lot of damage. yeah it is slow but put it in a trick room team it can destroy stuff. well since we dont have Scizor in reborn yet Escavalier is a great sub.As usual move sets are below.

Escavalier

Ability:Overcoat/Swarm

Nature:Adamant/Brave

EV;252HP/252 Atk/6 SpDef

Items: None

Mega Horn(egg move)

Iron Head

Swords Dance

Drill Run

hmm other than that i have nothing much to add on to your team.

Well Meganium is my special defense wall. Since it has the highest SpD in my team, being very useful when I use it in combination with a Perish Song Seel I keep for the impossible battles.

For the rest thanks for the suggestions, i'll change "Death Mask" ability and think about a better bug type mon.

Edited by javier9627