Mono Run Help

Friendly Smiles

Hey everyone, I just finished a mono-type fire run, it was super fun and challenging, but I thought I might as well try doing another type, if you guys would like to be kind, I wouldn't mind a little help in picking what type to do, any type other than Fire, it would be a huge help, also one last thing, if it is a type like Ice, Rock or Ghost, (Or steel, I know you can get Burmy, but it is called Trash for a reason) in which I will need to hack in a starter Pokemon, I may need a little help which is why I am putting my file in this post, thanks for your time.

(These are for the Rock/Ice/Ghost/Steel - Misdreavus, Modest, Levitate, Shelder, Skill Link, Adamant, Aron, Sturdy, Impish) [Rock/Steel doubles up]

(I hope I attached the right file, if I didn't I apologize for being so dumb)

Game.rxdata

Edited by Friendly Smiles

The best next run to do is w/e you find yourself liking at the time. I started my Grass mono entirely because I found I was giggling too much when I abused growth + Mega/Giga Drain. As I'm thinking of my next run, I'm literally just thinking of different rules that will allow me the excuse to use Mawile or Vaporeon.

A Grass run can be all about setting up pokemon that sweep.

A Bug run can be all about abusing Compound Eyes and Quiver Dance.

Poison can be very defensive, all about disabling and outlasting the enemy pokemon.

Electric can be alot more offensive, with Thunder Wave support to hinder w/e you can't just blast away.

My honest suggestion is just to plan out what you think you'd end up doing if you were to do a bunch of different runs, then pick whichever strategy and run appeals to you most. You having fun with it is the most important thing. :)

Especially if there ends up being "that one boss battle" that ends up being incredibly obnoxious. >_>

Edited by Quickslip

Mono dark run should be ok since you can start with froakie and there are a bunch of dark types pokemon available early.Mono psychic run is also good since you can start with fennekin and there are 2 psychic mon available before julia. i would go for the mono run which does not require hacking in a starter feels more legit in some way.

Flying or Dark would be different. Flying's common weaknesses would make the end difficult, but you have access to all 18 types, due to it being... well, Flying.

What about mono-pure? Only using Pokemon that are pure of whatever type, that is. I think that'd be an interesting one for Flying Water.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, one Fire mono to another, how did yours go after Agate?

Samson, I took out relatively easily with a few Flamethrowers and a Sunny Day set up, Terra, pretty much the same, with the addition of a heap of setting up, Ceil, was meh

Also, I choose to do a Grass Monorun, it seemed fairly hard, and I like a good challenge, so I choose it, my team is currently Grotle (The Rock) level 20 and Roselia (Heart Thorn) level 21, the person who commented earlier in my thread was correct, the power of Growth Mega/Giga drain is amazing xD

Yeah, Growth + Drain is just... wrong. Sun grass team, or no? Charlotte pls be nice

Better ask zEl for a Pulse Tangrowth, when you get the chance, too.

Volcarona tears apart 10-13 badges...

Samson: QD, HP psychic x7.

Aster/Eclipse: Crying. Lots of crying.

Charlotte: QD, Heat Wave forever.

Terra: QD x6, heal item, Heat Wave forever.

Ciel: QD x3, Bug Buzz x4, HP, Bug Buzz

...And Ciel didn't use priority Acrobatics, to boot.

Edited by Cobalt996