Firey Overcome

Noivy

As a lot of the old members know, I was the Fire Leader for a side league here.

Every now and then I use this unexpectedly good team in what little battles I do have. So now I'm just gonna share it. Please note that this is one of my teams. And my teams are odd. Sooooooo...

The Team

Spr_5b_059_s.pngSpr_5b_038.png006.pngSpr_5b_257_m.pngSpr_5b_157.pngSpr_5b_609.png

arcanine.png

M46 Patton (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Intimidate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Close Combat

- Wild Charge

- ExtremeSpeed

- Flare Blitz

We have an Intimidate anti lead to take down those Fake Out users and/or physical Sweepers. This thing has an amazing and highly adaptable move pool that complements it's good attack and speed. If you're in a triples Battle, make this your center lead and weaken ALL of the opponet's leads.

typhlosion.png

M24 Chaffee (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Eruption

- SolarBeam

- Focus Blast

- Fire Blast/Lava Plume*/Heat Wave**

This thing threatens everything on the opponets team. I've swept with this thing even with it's Scarf. Eurption at full health in Sun destroies even some water types in one blow, though switch out if you take more than 25% and switch to Fire Blast for a somewhat weaker, but still nasty fire attack. * If you're using or Doubles, and the rest of your team has something like flash fire, this will power up the others and allow them to rip the opponet to shreds. **Recommended for triples once you take Damage.

609Chandelure.png

GW Typ E (M) @ Choice Scarf (U mad Smogon? Smile_trollface.gif)

Trait: Shadow Tag

- Shadow Ball

- Flamethrower

- Energy Ball

- Clear Smog

Revenge Special Sweeper. Though, this is faster than other scarfed Chandelures so it wont need to worry about getting KOed by another one. Switch out if the opponet sends out a trump card to the move you use.

blaziken.png

T-54 (M) @ Life Orb (U mad Smogon? Smile_trollface.gif)

Trait: Speed Boost

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Brave Bird/Earthquake

- Hi Jump Kick

- Protect

- Flare Blitz

Yea... This awesome thing. Fast and hard hitting.Get a Protect up and you pretty much have a sweeper ready. The Move set changes so frequently I just took what was in my team and pasted it. Really a matter of opinion really.

charizard.png

T29 (M) @ Life Orb/Sitrus Berry

Trait: Solar Power

- Heat Wave

- SolarBeam

- Air Slash

- Dragon Pulse

THIS THING IS UTTERLY DESTRUCTIVE! With Solar Power+LifeOrb+Sun+Heat Wave+STAB, I have seen precious few non fire resistant foes survive one turn. Even Evolite Chansey gets more than 75%. Thats downright scary. And it's moove pool, oh god that movepool, its perfect. It's fast enough to outspeed a lot of things. Be on the look out for Stealth Rocks, and if you know it's coming, pack a Sitrus Berry so it wont be totally screwed right off the bat.

ninetales.png

Kitten (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Drought

- SolarBeam

- Heat Wave

- Hypnosis

- Psyshock

Ah yes. Dear Kitten. She's lovely in the start or even in the end game. Someone trying to set up, put them to sleep. Heat Wave for STAB, Solar Beam for Coverage, and Psyshock to supirse Blissey/4Chanseys than\t might otherwise ruin your fun.

General stratagy.

I dont often lead with Ninetales because thanks to some of my occasional weather wars against Ame, I know to keep it unless I really need to use it, then immedeatly switch. I choose my pokemon cafefully to maximize damage by picking the most probable weakness, and deliver pain in the form of fire.

While the team overall has very lacking defense, it's ment to earn a quick win through destructive moves and effects. Other reasonable pokemon that can be on this team include Darmantian, Houndoom, Rapidash, Infernape, pretty much a swath of faster/scarfed fire types can work on this team.

Oh yea this.

Importable:

Arcanine (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Intimidate

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Close Combat

- Wild Charge

- ExtremeSpeed

- Flare Blitz

Typhlosion (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Flash Fire

- Eruption

- SolarBeam

- Focus Blast

- Fire Blast

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Shadow Tag

- Shadow Ball

- Flamethrower

- Energy Ball

- Clear Smog

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Speed Boost

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Flare Blitz

- Hi Jump Kick

- Protect

- Earthquake

Charizard (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Solar Power

- Heat Wave

- SolarBeam

- Air Slash

- Dragon Pulse

Kitten (Ninetales) (F) @ Life Orb

- SolarBeam

- Heat Wave

- Hypnosis

- Psyshock

Edited by Owen V. Seattle

What exactly do you do against a Dragon Pokemon? Things like Dragonite can come in on say, Chandelure's Flamethrower, Dragon dance and sweep.

You should probably replace Clear Smog on Chandy with HP Ice, or put it on something like Typhlosion.

Most Noticable Problems:

-You don't really have any defensive support.

-Hazards such as Stealth Rocks will shred this team.

Solution:

-Fit Torkoal in place of one of your Pokemon. It can set up Stealth Rocks, get rid of other hazards, and makes a good defensive wall.

Torkoal (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: White Smoke

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Stealth Rock

- Rapid Spin

- Lava Plume

- Yawn

-I also recommend changing your Ninetales set. Since you have a defensive wall now is a good time to get a SpDef wall, and Ninetales does it pretty good.

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 12 SAtk / 184 SDef / 60 Spd

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Flamethrower

- Toxic

- Substitute

- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Also listen to Aero's idea about switching Clear Smog on Chandy to HP Ice.

When ever I attempt walling, I usually end up failing epicly ><

Most of these moves sets are what was on the team, so HP Ice is considered greatly. This team was not ment to have defense, and as a result, I either win in less than 10 turns or I lose in 10. Depends on what the opponet is running. Also, this team was ment (kinda sorta) for Triples, and it's only lost once in a triple battle (It was a mono Water)

Team is nice, but same with Aero.

HP Ice > Clear Smog

Thought Clear Smog can stop set ups, HP Ice just has the coverage to take out opposing ground and dragons that resist fire.

No spinner? Charizard is now 50% less useful.

As others have said, replace Clear Smog with HP Ice; Clear Smog is honestly terrible on Chandelure, especially a scarfed one. Idk, if you use it in Singles I would hope you'd invest in a Torkoal, but for triples there's not much else to say.