A Whole New World ~ (A First Timers Mono Poison Run)

officialarimakishou

Hello everyone! I'm Official Arima Kishou, but you can call me Arimaki, and I'm going to do my very first ever full completed run of a Reborn Episode!

I've really never done one of these before, I've pretty much always been too chicken and then way too busy to really full complete one, but I was watching Coco Peru's "How To Make Tea" short and I just felt the sudden urge to actually complete an Episode in this game so I can feel like I am worth something so I can join the ranks of people who have completed Episodes in this awesome game!

I wasn't sure about whether or not to do a Mono Run, or for my very first full completion to just run it like a normal Run! If I was to do a mono run, I would probably do Poison. This is a mono run now, specializing in the Poison Type! They've always been my favorite pokemon, and I've already decided my starter is going to be....

Bulbasaur! They're immensely cute, they've got all sorts of Status Inducing moves, if I decide to use a sun team, they work wonders with their Hidden Ability, did I mention they're really cute, and most importantly, they have the Poison Type.

Thanks for talking to me during this process, and helping to keep me motivated! Please give me any suggestions as far as move sets and other pokemon or items to pick up, and now, let's go ahead and play!

-------------

Current Progress : Exploring Opal Ward

Current Team:

Flora : Earth's Undying Will

Naga : The Terrifying Serpent

Yael: Death's Poisonous Wings

Edited by officialarimakishou

Good luck on your first run and if i may intrude try starting from episode 13 and then switch up to 15 as you can get vulpix with drought pretty early on and is great for sun team or grab a cherubi it learns sunny day very fast there also try focusing on ivs and ability more than nature for most mons

you can change natures later

Thank you for your well wishes! I can't really find a download link for episode 13 unfortunately... I remembered that Vulpix was super rad and I'm very sad that it is gone because for sun teams it just makes everything that much easier. But the name of the game in Reborn is competitive gaming, so I'll just have to try to soldier on as best I can!

Speaking of which...

I've officially decided to make this a mono Poison run! After defeating both the Roadblock and the Flirt, the first pokemon I ran into was an intimidate Ekans, and couldn't resist the temptation. What can I say, I'm toxic at heart!

Edited by officialarimakishou

Dont forget Stunky at the alleyway, Nidoran at game center in Onyx Ward(post Julia) and Venonat at Obsidia park, those are awesome mons for a mono poison run. Good luck and have fun with your mono poison run.

Stunky I was aware of. That Nidoran, however... I was not aware of that. Thank you so much for those 'Mon suggestions, I'm definitely going to attempt to pick up those three at a later date!

And Chubb, I wasn't quite sure if I was gonna go for complete Poison Pokedex completion, but thanks to that link you've shown me I'm actually pretty sure that now, I am! Unfortunately, I'm also pretty sure I'm in deep trouble once I hit Kiki, because I am going to need a Venamoth definitely by then, and might have to have someone hack in a Zubat for me to use! But thank you for that link, that helps me plan out this run in a much smoother way!

Thank you for your well wishes! I can't really find a download link for episode 13 unfortunately... I remembered that Vulpix was super rad and I'm very sad that it is gone because for sun teams it just makes everything that much easier. But the name of the game in Reborn is competitive gaming, so I'll just have to try to soldier on as best I can!

Episodes 9-14 are located here, if you still want one

Hope you have a good time with the poison run! It'll be a bit tough at first, only getting a couple team members, but it's a lot of fun!

Okay, who am I trying to kid. There are a lot of Poison-types available. Have fun, still!

Edited by Cobalt996

poison is pretty fun to use if i may recomend get a drapion its an awesome poke for many purposes as for crobat awesome poke but if you want can go to ep 12(if im not wrong if so 11) and you can get it in the underground railnet instead of noibat that may be easier than hacking one in

Thank you Cobalt! I'm not sure if I'm going to use those links for this run, just because so far all the poison types I need are still available, but I really appreciate those links, as they might be useful for some of my other runs of pokemon!

I am definitely going to get a Drapion, no need to worry there! Drapion's one of my fave poison types, it's just so cute, heh! Not so sure about Roserade, however, since I already have a Grass Poison mon in my Bulbasaur, Flora. I will definitely be catching it, however!

And now... Progress Report!

Nothing much has happened, I'm still exploring Opal Ward, but now I have another new team mate, thanks to the Request-A-Mon thread! Say hello to my new Zubat, Yael, who is adorable and going to evolve into a vicious murderer. I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep Naga on the team for awhile, that intimidate just makes them super worth it. But I still need to grab a Stunky for later.

Next up is my Fern Battle until Julia, which is going to be very fun.

When you finally finish the Beryl ward chapter you can get a mystery egg for Tentacool. 1/18 chance. After the battle I'm sure someone wouldn't mind throwing one in for you. A good water type will be helpful later on.

• 2 weeks later...

poison is the most rewarding mono type run I have ever done.

Muk and Dragalge were probably my favorite members and highly useful. Nothing takes damage like those guys. Especially if you can breed Acid Armor on them.

And make sure you sure the field effects to your absolute advantage. My poison team was fully dedicated to negating enemy beneficial effects and turning them into poison field. Very satisfying.