Creepiest Pokemon

wytch_doctr

wew wytch makes a topic wuuut

As per the title, this is gonna be about the Pokemon that are hella creepy. Although... i'm not gonna include many intentionally creepy ones, but more unconventionally creepy ones. Oh yeah, this is based on appearance only. I know some Pokedex entries are terrifying so be sure to leave some of them down below.

Anyways, ima start off with a pretty generic one in MEGA BANETTE

354Banette-Mega.png

This thing, oh my oh my. As if the zipped mouth wasn't creepy enough, they added zips to the hands, head, legs..... AND I LOVE IT. As much as it creeps me out, the design is amazing. so props to GF for making this nightmare.

Next up... GENGAR

Yes, yes, another ghost, but this isn't for it's appearance. Gengar is 1.5 meters tall. 1.5 meters. To put that into perspective, that's almost as tall as Aika that's about 5 feet tall. How scary is that? Just this... thing is so huge.

Gengar+the+shadow+size+comparison+use+li

JUST LOOK AT IT

Now heading into the unconventional ones, lets begin with Espurr.

Just look at those eyes. They're soulless. Easily the only cat that's not cute. Purrloin doesn't count, because that's more demon than feline.

250px-677Espurr.png

Mega Glalie. *jaw drops*

sorry for the pun but seriously. As eloquently put by Shofu himself, this thing is ALL MOUTH. Imagine your jaw siddenly dislocating and becoming this.... thing.

600px-362Glalie-Mega.png

Finally, we have the one and only...

drowzee.gif

LOOK AT THOSE FINGERS.

giphy.gif

'Nuff said.

Anyways, leave what you think are creepy below, k?

But Espurr is cute :[

original.gif

Anyway, I think I'm going with this one:

giratina-origin.gif

I remember when I was 9 or something, playing Pokémon Platinum and yay let's jump in that big hole on the ground that leads to another dimension! WEEEEEEEE

And while we are walking in that creepy nonsense - but freaking cool - dimension, there's this guy who appears in a extremely fast and scary way with a loud noise from NOTHING. And then, you battle it jaldhaskldadasdajlnd

Also, he is satan.

giratina-origin.gif

I remember when I was 9 or something, playing Pokémon Platinum and yay let's jump in that big hole on the ground that leads to another dimension! WEEEEEEEE

And while we are walking in that creepy nonsense - but freaking cool - dimension, there's this guy who appears in a extremely fast and scary way with a loud noise from NOTHING. And then, you battle it jaldhaskldadasdajlnd

Also, he is satan.

CTHlrwS.jpg

Considering what Mawile is based upon, which is from Japanese folklore futakuchi-onna, meaning two-mouthed woman, a yokai(monster) and story behind it, i'd say Mawile is pretty creepy from mythology standpoint.

Guest MegaMagikarp

Uhhh have you seen Parasect? A 65 lb, 1 meter tall parasite? FUCK THAT.

What about butterfree? Did you look at the bulbapedia entry for how large they get?

The pokemon world would be a perpetual hell

Gorgeist

It enwraps its prey in its hairlike arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey.

Cacturne

If a traveler is going through a desert in the thick of night, Cacturne will follow in a ragtag group. The Pokémon are biding their time, waiting for the traveler to tire and become incapable of moving.

(2nd one pointed out to me by Hunter)

Here's a couple possibilities.

First up, with way too many eyes, Claydol. Normally it isn't creepy, but when I think about it, that is way too many eyes for one mon.

Next, with too few eyes, Duskull. This isn't so much about the fact it has one eye, but that its one eye floats between its two eye sockets.

Lastly is the worst of all. It is a mystery yet to be solved and we all know the unknown (not the Pokemon) can be very scary. Give it up to the innocent-looking, horror-concealing mole we know as Diglett (and Dugtrio).

The creepiest pokemon? Well i think Phanthump is pretty creepy if only because it's a dead child inhabiting a thump.... Sableye can be pretty creepy as well casue just imagine being in a dark cave and seeing it staring at you unblinking. I love Sableye by the way

On tumblr i did see a fanart of florges and floette luring some small children to their death so theres also that. Fairy has different meanings/folklore in different countries

want to know whats creepy Gorebyss (which always felt like a combo of Gore and abyss to me) but also pokemon emerald dex entry

A Gorebyss siphons the body fluids of prey through its thin, tubular mouth. Its light pink body color turns vivid when it finishes feeding.

right next to it if not higher is

hypno062608.png

Just take a big guess

Edited by NovaKnight

• Global Mods

I don't take Pokedex entries seriously because of how ridiculous some sound and how some Pokemon have one entry that contradicts another, and I think Espurr is cute, so that kind of narrows down what I can find creepy and why. But Mega Pinsir scares me ._. Pinsir is kind of already scary looking on its own, but then they added demonic eyes, spiky parts on its pincers (Pinsir's pincers, haha), and wings that look like they belong to some kind of moth monster.

I'm gonna go with Shedinja being the creepiest to me. When I decided to throw in a shedinja in amie, I was not expecting how it would act (although I should've since it's just a shell). No sign of emotion or anything at all is seen from it, which creeps the hell out of me. Still love it though.

Also, Beedrill creeps me out too, only because I just hate bees/wasps. >>''

Edited by IronWraith

Considering what Mawile is based upon, which is from Japanese folklore futakuchi-onna, meaning two-mouthed woman, a yokai(monster) and story behind it, i'd say Mawile is pretty creepy from mythology standpoint.

THANK YOU. THANK. YOU. GAH.

"aw, hey look it's the DECEIVER POKEMON it's so CUTEEEE"- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, now I can't use Mawile - so I'ma pick a few others.

feraligatr.gif

LeafGreen: When it bites with is massive and powerful jaws, it shakes it's head and savagely tears it's victim up.

Yeah, that trusted Totodile you picked up turned into a savage killing machine that graphically dismembers it's prey. YOU PUT YOUR TRUST - IN THIS THING....(Yes, Yes I do.)

beautifly.gif

Pokemon TCG: It has an aggressive nature. It stabs prey with it's long, narrow mouth to drain the prey's fluids.

W-w-wha...-wha.....-what.......WHAT..... Is the description on a trading card even CANON? That's ....greatly unexpected.

malamar.gif

Y: It lures prey close with hypnotic motions, then wraps it's tentacles around it before finishing it off with digestive fluids.

So, we have borderline hypnosis, tentacles, and digestion, complete in one pokedex entry. Okay, Malamar is bad news.

I can't hear the name "Hypno" without remembering a video with a creepy looking Hypno singing a tune

Come little children, come with me

Well, it's 2:30 AM and I won't be able to sleep at all

Might as well check under the bed