What was your first pokemon game?

BlackEclipse

I was thinking what was my first pokemon game I've played. I vaguely remember playing pokemon yellow, but I think the first true game that made me a pokemon fan was Emerald. I remember playing that game and having a blast with it. Heh, good times~ I think I still have that old thing.

Anyways what was your first game? Got any fond memories of it? :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pokemon Ruby was my first Pokemon game. I have no nostalgia for it, Hoenn is my second least favorite region with Sinnoh being the only region I dislike more than Hoenn. Hoenn introduced some really cool Pokemon though.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Blue. I am OG AF.

I actually collected the toys and figures before playing the game. I thought the monsters looked really cool. I had Pikachu, Raichu, Golduck, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Gengar figures that I played with and made my own adventures with prior to actually playing the game.

I remember my first pokemon game was blue version. I played the crap out of it, but then I got Silver version and didn't play Blue for a long time. When I finally went back to it I couldn't remember where to get Flash and I never could get through rock tunnel, so I gave it to my best friend. I wonder if he still has it?

My first pokémon game was something between red/blue/yellow. I played in my cousin GBA til the Viridian City where I got stuck at the old man blocking the path (silly 5 years old me).

What I consider my reeeeeal first pokemon game is Pokemon Crystal (and still, 2nd Generation is my least favorite one)

Edited by Alvez05

Glad to see lots of people who started on Gen 3. My first was FireRed, followed by Leafgreen, then Ruby, then Emerald. I suppose it's pretty obvious why I don't like the first two gens very much.

Going to have to be Red. I have fond memories for all generations of the game barring Gen 4 - when I was a bit burned out on Pokemon for a while.

I had this belief that you had to choose the starter that was on the box because it was the best - and while I wasn't wrong - it just goes to show I used I didn't use my brain much as a kid.

Kanto isn't exactly the best region ever though. It's just where it all began. Therefore, I get nostalgia trips whenever any game (again, barring Gen 4) is remade, because each generation brought something unique to the table.

In order for me, it was Blue -> Red -> Yellow -> Crystal -> Sapphire -> Emerald -> LeafGreen -> Diamond -> Platinum -> SoulSilver -> Black -> Black 2 -> X -> Alpha Sapphire.

That's a pretty cool idea, ICSW.

After getting Red, I got Gold -and- Crystal gifted to me in the same year. I then got Ruby, which was the earliest I was a super fan of the franchise.

Ruby led to me getting FireRed and BOTH Colosseum spin-off games, as well as networking with several of my IRL friends to do one of the hardest things in the game.

"Catch 'em All."

After all of that Pokemon hunting, I started getting involved with the regular nuances of a developing life, and in doing so, dwelled among many folks who were part of the "Anti-Pokemon" scene....not the extreme Christians or colored people who thought Jynx is a blatant racial stereotype or any of that conspirator group mess, but the folks that began pointing to Pokemon as a "kid's pastime" and used a lot of derogatory slurs when acknowledging it becuase they thought it was a part of growing up.

While Diamond and Pearl were released during this time - there was no motivation for me to purchase either of those titles or Platinum at all, on top of the fact that I had yet to grab a Nintendo DS.

That all changed when Black and White came out. Around Temple, Pokemon began to go from "uncool" or worse to "retro" and "in". Once again, People were playing these games together and it was around this time I was introduced to the "competitive battling scene."

I picked up HeartGold first > because of the nostalgic feeling I got from hearing about the remake AND because it was super cheap at the used game store around here - along with my first DS. That DS would later host my White runthrough as well as White2 before being replaced by the 3DS

I waited a few months after the hype for Gen 6, but picked up Y and played it in a solid weekend all the way through for the first time, focusing on networking with friends before the trend died down - it was around this time I found Reborn.

Omega Ruby was my latest purchase in the franchise.

My first was Blue.

In order for me, it was Blue -> Red -> Yellow -> Crystal -> Sapphire -> Emerald -> LeafGreen -> Diamond -> Platinum -> SoulSilver -> Black -> Black 2 -> X -> Alpha Sapphire.

mine was pretty similar, but I got yellow first, never got Crystal. Then Got Heartgold, White, Black, Black 2, White 2, X&Y, Alpha Sapphire, and Omega Ruby

I've also had 4 copies of Platinum. For some reason people like to take it :c