Florinia scares me.

arcticGalaxies

So I'm following Chubb's guide and I'm at the point in between Fern and Florinia to grind a bit. How does this sound so far?

Makuhita (Lv.15)

Sheer Force

Bashful

Sand Attack

Arm Thrust

Fake Out

Force Palm

Kricketune (Lv.23)

Brave

Technician

Leech Life

Bide

Struggle Bug

Sing

Marshtomp (Lv.25)

Calm

Torrent

Tackle

Mud Shot

Water Gun

Mus Slap

Pidgeotto (Lv.22)

Adamant

Big Pecks

Quick Attack

Twister

Gust

Whirlwind

Litleo (Lv.18)

Careful

Moxie

Ember

Work Up

Headbutt

Noble Roar

Spoink (Lv,26)

Modest

Thick Fat

Psybeam

Odor Sleuth

Zen Headbutt

Confuse Ray

My plan is to get everyone up to 25 and go for it.

I've been looking for an Adamant Makuhita, but I've having trouble running into them...should I give up and finish grinding this one or continue looking?

Also one last incredibly silly question: Is it possible to get the Event Igglybuff with both Perish Song and Misty Terrain or am I wasting my time with resets?

Edited by arcticGalaxies

A neutral nature Makuhita is very fine for that point in the game, chances are you'll be breeding it down the line anyway (By the way Hariyama decimates her more annoying team members). I'm not sure if the egg moves are generated individually or in sets...though if I had to choose I would probably go for Misty Terrain over Perish Song as there are other options if you really need it (The opponent will usually switch out anyway). Finally you generally want to be around 1 or 2 levels below the cap, otherwise you might lose very effective team members mid battle as the leaders tend to give boatloads of exp. Best of luck none the less and don't worry, she is not that tough!

Edited by DJWongTong

why does your kricketune not have fury cutter gg

Imo, this team is pretty solid for beating Florinia. Your Kricketune and Pidgeotto alone is enough to handle most of her threats.

Makuhita is simply icing on the cake at this point.

Also, training to Lv23 is sufficient enough, since by Lv25, you'll probably be sweeping with only the Pokemon mentioned above and having one of them break the level cap mid-battle is pretty devastating.

Don't worry, Florinia isn't THAT scary. There'll be scarier gym leaders further down the line, so it's nice to have some mental preparation.

Edited by Despair Syndrome

lolz Rini is no longer scary since she was some what nerfed and since you have a makuhita you should be ok just train/grind most of yer mon to lvl 23 and you should be ok. you can put in a trubbish with toxic spikes to make Rini even easier. Charlotte is much more scary than Rini nerf or not charlotte is just scary if you are not prepared. Also i tot that shade should be the one that every1 fears he is scary and he collects souls and he also uses ghost types which are scary XD

Edited by Luna

Also one last incredibly silly question: Is it possible to get the Event Igglybuff with both Perish Song and Misty Terrain or am I wasting my time with resets?

They are put on exclusively; you'll get one or the other, but never both :(

If you are playing the normal version, then don't worry Rini is not that hard Noel is much more painful, soon you'll know why

Makuhita it's perfect against her Cradily, and Pidgeotto/Spoink/Litleo can easily take care of the rest, also yeah you should put Fury Cutter on your Kricketune because that thing can sweep Rini alone

Don't worry, Florinia isn't THAT scary. There'll be scarier gym leaders further down the line, so it's nice to have some mental preparation.

yeah... like.. hm.. Shade... and Serra with Corey e.e

Another stupid question: I never got Fury Cutter, is it a level up move and i just happened to miss it?

Kricketune will learn Fury Cutter at lvl 10
sadly, u cant go to move relearner yet

I really had a hard time with Noel, too.

Anyway, you can handle Rini :)

Noel was easy for me e.e
Edited by ShaylaShay