Good pure aggro team?

Spurgun

Best of luck, my friend. You'll want to become very familiar with attacking moves that alter the opposing gym leaders' Field Effects - but it sounds like a pretty neat challenge.

First things first, you want to choose an offensive starter Pokemon - so if it's something like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Chikorita, Piplup....don't use it.

On the contrary, Cydaquil, Chimchar, or most Fire starters are good picks, as they are usually the heavy hitters.

All I got for you right now is field altering attacking moves, and picking a good starter to begin your run.

Some early things you might want to consider:

- Kricketune. Kricketune is known as the best early game Pokemon, because with Technician + STAB Fury Cutter, it's a wrecking ball. Fury Cutter boosts its power every time you use it consecutively, if you didn't know.

- Whismur. Whismur is a weaker version of Kricketune, as it does not have Technician, but STAB Echoed Voice is still an amazing thing to have. You don't even need to worry about Ghost types if you have Scrappy. Unfortunately, you might miss out on your chance of finding Whismur if you fight Julia before catching it.

- Mightyena. Mightyena + Moxie + Bite = rip first few Gyms

- Bunnelby. You can find one before the third Gym, and it's amazing with Huge Power.

etc.

Before the third gym, Growlithe/Arcanine, which, with Heat Wave, wrecks a good chunk of the game. Just make sure to get Growlithe's moves before evolving :P

Mightyena: Moxie + Bite/Crunch + SuckerPunch + [coverage attacks]. Stays good the whole game.

Before the third gym, Growlithe/Arcanine, which, with Heat Wave, wrecks a good chunk of the game. Just make sure to get Growlithe's moves before evolving :P

Mightyena: Moxie + Bite/Crunch + SuckerPunch + [coverage attacks]. Stays good the whole game.

I'd argue that Mightyena falls off rather quickly. It is stuck with Bite as its best attacking move until level 44, and at that point almost any offensively inclined evolved Pokemon will outdo it. However it is a pretty solid investment up until you beat Corey. It's useless against Shelly because it's a pure dark type in a bug type gym, and then the game introduces many dark types that are much better than Mightyena immediately before/after Shelly (Murkrow, Houndour, Carvanha, Zorua, and Nuzleaf), so it finds itself going from useful to completely outclassed in an instant.

For a good early game heavy hitter, I'd recommend Stoutland. Lillipup comes one level away from Evolution, has powerful moves (Takedown and a possible elemental fang at base, with it getting Crunch at level 24), the ability intimidate cripples physical attackers without having to do anything, and quite good stats. I would not recommend it for the whole game though as you do get better Pokemon later on.

Blaziken is obviously the best starter, but Charmander makes for a good early game juggernaut with Dragon Rage, and Typhlosion has a pretty ridiculous late game with Eruption spam, not to mention Eruption can change many field effects to its favor or just outright removes them.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Hoothoot/Noctowl are also pretty good early game pokemon with tinted lens and uproar. Their special attacks are the best but getting a base 90 stab attack at level 13 is really good for the early game, especially when tinted lens means nothing resists it.

Thanks for the answers, though i have another question. Can i via trading get pokemon that still aren't available to me in the story? For example if i want to play through the entire game with my "final" team from the start can i trade for newly hatched versions of the pokemon from another save file of mine or is this considered cheating?

If you get all strong pokemon in the very beginning, you dont enjoy the game. With decent IV stats and completed EV training, you can easily finish the episode 15 with available pokemon.

I have finished it several times, that isn't an issue. I just enjoy playing with the same team from start to finish