Medicham or Gallade?

Hyuu

I'm doing a mono fighting hardcore run and I can't decide whichever is better.

My current: Blaziken, Scrafty, Heracross, Toxicroak, Lucario and Medicham/Gallade.

Medicham really has great ability + movepool, but I like Gallade because of it's design and how we obtain Ralts, in my opinion it is one of most touching moments in game.

So, any idea?

So, if you're asking us to chose between Medicham and Gallade, I'd say Gallade just because it's a stronger fighting type and besides, design's cooler. But, you know what, you can get both and just switch between them (like rotation).

personally i would go for medicham since well you dont need a stone to evolve it and it is available earlier than a Ralts. Also i rather use the only dawn stone you get in game to get a froslass which is kinda better than a gallade.

Yes, Hawlucnha is available before fighting Samson, I think (You can obtain Hawlucha on the path where there is the Crustle Puzzle. However, I think it's a rare pokémon and therefore will take a lot of patience to encounter one.)

personally i would go for medicham since well you dont need a stone to evolve it and it is available earlier than a Ralts. Also i rather use the only dawn stone you get in game to get a froslass which is kinda better than a gallade.

I'm doing a fighting mono run, so no Froslass :P

I already used my dawn stone to get Gallade.

Edit: I have enough time to catch an Hawlucha. It shouldn't take more time than getting Heracross D:

Edited by Hyuu

Based on just stats, they have the same speed, neither can take physical hits, Gallade can take some special hits though not too many cause it's HP is still trash, Medicham hits way harder. Though you're doing a Fighting mono, so I doubt you're lacking power, so I think you should go with Gallade, for the utility. Destiny Bond as last resort, Memento to help any set-up you may have from a Bulk Up Toxicroak or Nasty Plot Lucario or something, Trick Room which a Fighting mono could appreciate, Will-o-Wisp if you go back to E12 to breed (details in this section's pinned breeding guide). And Leaf Blade could come in handy once or twice a year, s-so that's...something.

Then again, Medicham's access to Ice/Thunder/Fire Punch could be really handy. You'd still need something else to take care of birds cause most of them are too fast for Medicham, but annoying bulky waters/grasses like Slowbro or Vileplume would be taken care of with that.

Nope, its not base stats. It is about attack stat.

For example, My Medicham has 144 attack stat at lvl 58 with 252 EV training and my Gallade has 224 attack stat at lvl 58 with 252 EV training. Because of Pure Power, Medicham's attack becomes 288 during the battle.

Medicham has an amazing and I mean amazing natural movepool and as you know with pure power it hits very, very hard. It's available earlier on and it's final form hold less tedium to get so I would say to definitely try using it. Gallade is by no means bad of course, it gets interesting moves like leaf blade and holds respectable, if oddly distributed stats and as you mentioned the means of obtaining Ralts is rather touching. All in all I would personally say they sit on pretty even ground in game, I'm pretty confident Medicham can take more advantage of field effects and has pure power to make it a powerhouse so it leans just a bit more in my favor (Oh and it's shiny is actually really nice compared to Gallade). Best of luck and remember, a rotation would never hurt, even if you like having only one "true" team!

I think Medicham will be more useful because of his movepool. I taught Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, High Jump Kick and Zen Headbutt to my Medicham. My Gallade has Swords Dance, Night Slash, Close Combat and Psycho Cut.

Btw what would be a good set for Lucario? My Lucario is physical sweeper. It has Swords Dance, Close Combat, Extreme Speed and Bone Rush.

If you aren't going to do any breeding, that's gonna have to do you for a bit. Lucario could use a moveset like Sword Dance, Close Comcat, Crunch, Bullet Punch. Something like that.

Same with Medicham, Bullet Punch would help it as well since it's rather slow.

Here is a Breeding Guide written by Etesian, if you're interested.

Poliwrath ain't the greatest thing in the world for a rotation, but it is something that can both learn and give STAB from Surf and Waterfall.

Regarding your original question though, I would say try both and see what you like more. Double Psychics would help you out quite a bit in situations that call for it. Personally I like Gallade more because of free Swords Dance and his breeding movepool has enormous loads of support if you're gonna try that, although both get their own quirks.