Why has no one been on the server, its a small server, but come on

if there is problems getting on the server with a launcher, then i'd recommend the use of the ATLauncher, its very reliable

just look up a tutorial,

I'm SO lonely X'(

the spawn town has had a lot of upgrades, due to guess who :)

it would be just great having some people around

also, i would recommend the server mods of MCMMO, custom enchants, etc, just why not

♒⍓ ■□⧫ why not

Why has no one been on the server, its a small server, but come on

if there is problems getting on the server with a launcher, then i'd recommend the use of the ATLauncher, its very reliable

just look up a tutorial,

I'm SO lonely X'(

the spawn town has had a lot of upgrades, due to guess who :)

it would be just great having some people around

also, i would recommend the server mods of MCMMO, custom enchants, etc, just why not

♒⍓ ■□⧫ why not

Well, it's possible that adding "just one or two mods" could escalate into the (eventual) lag hell known only as 100+ mods.

At least, that's my take. Better to keep it "bland" and reasonable, then to lock people out due to their system not being beefy enough.

EDIT:

As for nobody on... I'm on daily, except the past few days due to computer issues.

EDITEDIT:

Is there any possibility of a server map, similar to the vanilla one?

Edited by Cobalt996

Well, it's possible that adding "just one or two mods" could escalate into the (eventual) lag hell known only as 100+ mods.

At least, that's my take. Better to keep it "bland" and reasonable, then to lock people out due to their system not being beefy enough.

EDIT:

As for nobody on... I'm on daily, except the past few days due to computer issues.

EDITEDIT:

well, there is ways of eliminating server lag, plus MCMMO is the only one that really just has to be, its THE best server bukkit plugin mod.

I would gladly play on the pixelmon server, sadly my laptop goes full potato mode when I try and play it, I will probably start looking into ways for me to actually play on the server once I get a decent amount of free time.

Well, word of advice: Windows 10 miiiight break MC on some weaker computers. The launcher works, but with severe stuttering (literally 50% lag, 50% function), and using the Minecraft launcher with forge freezes upon connecting (also tried adding Optifine and increasing memory). So unless I can allocate more memory in the Pixelmon launcher (and it works), I'm going to have to upgrade back to W8 before I can do anything else on the server.

well, there is ways of eliminating server lag, plus MCMMO is the only one that really just has to be, its THE best server bukkit plugin mod.

Only mod I can think of that's necessary is Optifine, the client-side QC mod. And since it's client-side, and has no effect on the server functions, it can be used.

...Not that it's helping me. :(

EDIT:

Just Windows 10 setting max memory to <1GB. I say W10 since it was at 1400MB default on 8.

Edited by Cobalt996

Only mod I can think of that's necessary is Optifine, the client-side QC mod. And since it's client-side, and has no effect on the server functions, it can be used.

...Not that it's helping me. :(

Same opinion here.

You might want to add a minimap to your client for waypoints and other stuff.

Small advice: increase memory to 3 or 4GB if possible. runs way more smooth.

A map would probably reduce the performance to much.

Since every movement, block change etc. would be additionally be tracked and synchronized --> even more work for the server.

Though might be not severe but still.

--------------

I think some asked about updating pixelmon in the past few days (might not have reached the forum).

Wouldnt it be better to wait silently until everything necessary is prepared for Minecraft 1.9 instead of asking for updates to MC 1.8.9 with pixelmon, map etc and do the whole work again a while later?

Just as a sidenote...

I would gladly play on the pixelmon server, sadly my laptop goes full potato mode when I try and play it, I will probably start looking into ways for me to actually play on the server once I get a decent amount of free time.

optifine and increase memory, that's all i have to say, everything works fine for me

optifine and increase memory, that's all i have to say, everything works fine for me

The strange part is the fact that I know for a fact that my computer is perfectly capable of running Pixelmon seeing as I have done so in the past (also on a multiplayer server.)

In the future I will try and look into givign it more memory

• 2 weeks later...

Hey spiderdan cat, may i make a request? i really want to build the reborn registration area and i need wool, but i need colored wool, and i really can't get that if it takes me one dye for one wool, what i am asking is that you let me have 2 sheep spawn eggs, so i can crate a wool farm so we can have every colored wool infinitely. i hope this is not to much to ask, even with the mareep spawners, it would be nearly impossible to get colored wool, so please consider this, i won't disappoint and the farm will be open to everyone

btw, please fix the server crashing when there is more that 3 people on, i am unable to play due to this

3 people were on at the same time today with no issues, and we've had upwards of 7 before without incident (though that was a while ago)

Small advice: increase memory to 3 or 4GB if possible. runs way more smooth.

4GB memory total, including system-reserved memory. Yeeeeeeeah. Kinda working on it in a "hopefully" fashion. But it works, so I can't complain :P

Hey spiderdan cat, may i make a request? i really want to build the reborn registration area and i need wool, but i need colored wool, and i really can't get that if it takes me one dye for one wool, what i am asking is that you let me have 2 sheep spawn eggs, so i can crate a wool farm so we can have every colored wool infinitely. i hope this is not to much to ask, even with the mareep spawners, it would be nearly impossible to get colored wool, so please consider this, i won't disappoint and the farm will be open to everyone

...I have a lot of coloured wool / dye

• 4 weeks later...

I know I suggested waiting for the 1.9 update, but since nowhere seems small glimpse of it...

Could you please update the server to the newest version?

There are quite a lot of bugs like no evolution on trading, being stuck in a match, missing items due to the PC and a lot more which might get fixed.

And maybe some other player would be more often online.

On some other note: Could i (maybe some other too) get a chisel?

One of those is somewhere but since no one knows the origin and is quite valuable it isn't accessible for most.

Regarding other unique Blocks: Is there a way to make a Shop / NPC / Market to buy those?

Thank you ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I posted a status about this but I thought I'd post in the topic as well.

Is the server still alive/active? I'm currently online and nobody seems to be on atm, so I was wondering if this is the norm or if it's just a period of down time throughout the day. If it IS still active, great! if it isn't, well damn. I'd love for this server to be active and wouldn't mind putting in time and work for it.

Also, I understand there was a lot of server lag and I would also like to say I just now got rid of a rather large Apricorn farm that might have been contributing to that and I do myself feel a difference. Feels smoother to play. (It was my farm and I wasn't aware until recently they caused lag, sorry sorry!).

• 6 months later...

As I mentioned in response to one user on the forums, I have now purchased a new Minecraft Server for Pixelmon and it's much larger and much more stable than the previous version. This version of the server is 6GB in size and can hold up to 64 players. It's also stationed in Los Angeles, which for those of you who know servers, is one of the best locations for a server to be stationed. So, all the previous issues have now been taken care of, and I will be launching the server again, in about a week or so.

I apologize for the previous server being taken down, but sadly my Minecraft account got... deleted(?) or something, and I couldn't log into my account again. So, I had to buy a new one. Plus, I couldn't make the server payment in time, before my Refund Check from school came in. But, now I have time, money, and the ability to better manage the server.

Again, I apologize for the previous server, and I look forward to launching this new Pixelmon Server soon.

Edited by Dylanrockin