[Spoiler] New pokemon

bepe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as I saw this thing, I thought of a mecha diancie :| I am really not a fan of it but ugh, I never cared much for legends in general...apart the really cool stuff like Yveltal and Lugia :ph34r:

Also, about Rot8er_Conex's post.. Iirc there was a picture somewhere of what you just described.. the volcanion 's steam engine arms did indeed plug to the sides of magiana and they formed a complete one, so I do believe you're right

It would be pretty cool to see the mechanical pokemon and the steam pokemon make some kind of steam engine.

I love both of these. Volcanion's design looks so cool and I am definently in favor of unusual typings. Margiana looks cool too and its a steel type so instafave. There are no steel types that i do not love.

It has not been confirmed as any type yet

Bug is also a possible secondary typing, but I wouldn't give it much chance. It makes little sense for ancient civilizations to build a Bug type.

It would be nice if it were Steel/Normal, but... GameFreak is a stranger to nice surprizes. Steel/Bug and Steel/Fairy are overused since XY.

I vote for either pure steel, steel/electric, steel/psychic or steel/fairy (the later being the most likely IMO). Gamefreak doesn't give two shits about how used a type is already, or how unfitting, or how fans would type things on their place. This is gamefreak, not logic.

I'm a sucker for cute so I like magearna despite how overcomplicated or weird it might seem to other people, but the fact it uses the same gear and maid elements as one of my fakemon makes me uneasy around it sometimes.

• Global Mods

I'd be fine with Steel/Fairy. About numbers, right now there are two of them (Mawile and Klefki), whereas there were three generations of Fire/Fighting starter, Bug/Flying in every gen, Bug/Poison in every gen except 6, and Normal/Flying in every gen. Compared to how often those combos are used, I don't think adding another Steel/Fairy would be overkill.

The 2 Steel/Fairy pokemon were introduced with XY. With so many people that cling to the new generation because it changed the type chart a bit, I do not believe GameFreak will overuse certain typings. Ones that are seen in every generation have become a motif by now, and they are not necessarily good, as they do not excell in either offense or defense. Compared to those, Steel/Fairy is a great typing. Personally it feels too soon to introduce a legendary that has said typing, because all the predecessors are competend pokemon, and legends tend to be as well. Besides, compared to Volcanion that has a unique Water/Fire typing, a Steel/Fairy will seem bland and uninteresting.

I'm hoping it's Steel/Normal. It's not the best, but it's unique, reflects on a civilization that's quite ancient, and can make it interesting as it's unexpected.

The Normal addition has little competitive value (at face value), but the movepool and ability may prove otherwise.

I don't think there will be a new type entirely, considering that Fairy-type is kinda like the "Light" type some people wanted. Besides, if there's another type added, we'd be at an odd number of types again. Personally, I'm just comfortable with 18 now.

I think Magearna will definitely be a Steel type as its primary type, but Steel/Normal would be very interesting.