It's My Anniversary!

anethia

Hi Reborn! It's me, Shirinui, short; Shiri, the name most will refer to me as. I wanted to make this post to, well, talk to you guys and just talk about a few things. I'm by no means a super prevalent member in this community. I don't make highly extravagant posts, I don't help with Pokemon Reborn or Pixelmon, The Redemption League nor am I in a position of staff. In fact, I'm simply one of Reborn's highest ranking members in two departments.

1) Post count (completely legitimate I earned all of those posts it was NOT from the random post count item i swear my posts are as valid as donald trumps arguments)

2) Amazing shitposts, for I am Shiri. But my full title is;

Shiri "Anethia" nui, Queen of Shitposts and Memes Alike

So it's highly likely you don't know who I am, but building up (or shattering) my ego isn't what this post is about.

But it is about what this community means to me, and a chance to fully be open with you guys about everything and anything. So, how about we take it from the top? The introductory post of who I am now, followed by a little speech at the bottom. In return, all I ask from you guys is... well, nothing. You don't need to do anything. But if you want, ask me some questions. I'll answer them honestly, I want to be more true to myself.

Hi. I'm Alexis Lang, better known as Shiri or Shirinui. I'm currently 19 years old, and I live in Scotland, United Kingdom. Yes, I drink Irn Bru (it's my favourite). No, we do not wear kilts everyday. No, I do not enjoy haggis. If you indulge in MBTI as I also enjoy doing, I am an INFP. Have fun figuring how that works out with my Birth Chart.

Rather than bore you with things most consider asinine and unreliable, let's move on to more fun things about myself. Music and languages are largely my passions, but my love for languages has been one I realized late and I've only been caring for that one recently. It saddens me, but I'm only 19. I have time. Musically, I play keyboard, piano and vocals. No I will not let you hear me sing. Yes I am insecure about my talents.

Of course, music isn't simply playing instruments. Songs themselves are huge to me, and Marina and the Diamonds helped me reshape myself into a much better person and learn to love myself. Other artists I enjoy would include - but by no means limited to thanks to my vast taste in music - Melanie Martinez, Halsey, Regina Spektor, Oh Wonder, P!atD, FOB, some others. Yes, I'll gladly tell you my favourite songs / recommend songs.

Marina and the Diamonds

Bubblegum Bitch

Teen Idle

Happy

Sex Yeah

Lonely Hearts Club (Quite fitting for the day, no?)

Are You Satisfied?

There isn't much from The Family Jewels or FROOT there, but that's largely because Electra Heart got me into Marina and such I have some personal attachment to it more so than the others. Honestly, there's no Marina song I dislike. If the majority of the songs seem unappealing, it's most likely due to where they come from. Check out other songs like "Blue" or "Obsessions", especially even "Lies". Those were largely my favourites, so.

Melanie Martinez

The entirety of the Cry Baby album, no fucking joke. Astonishing album. But if you want my highlights? Here's five. Do NOT be fooled by the child-like aesthetic and song titles. Melanie has incredibly deep subjects, and isn't afraid to tackle them. Mrs. Potato Head deals with (aesthetic) plastic surgery, and Tag, You're It tackles abduction. It doesn't romanticize or sugar coat either, and Mad Hatter to me is a song about loving yourself.

Cry Baby

Pity Party

Pacify Her

Mrs. Potato Head

Dollhouse

Halsey

Arguably the most controversial on this list.

Is There Somewhere

Roman Holiday

Gasoline

Hurricane

New Americana

Panic! At The Disco

Fall Out Boy

Regina Spektor

Regina to me isn't someone everybody will INSTANTLY like. So here's just two songs for now.

Blue Lips

The Call (Seen Narnia? Remember this song near the end? Yeah, it's that one.)

Paramore

Oops, I got carried away. In short, music legitimately saved my life and helped me become a much better person and if anyone ever tells you music is not an art form or useless, they're not worth your time. Just my two cents.

So, time for this little speech.

I came to Reborn four years ago on this very day. I would be around fifteen, then. I've changed a lot since then. I'm sure people who've been around the entire time know this even better than me. I've seen this place change too. I remember meeting Amethyst for the first time, and being scared shitless in fear she'd punch me for breaking one rule accidentally. Then I saw the post about her tormenting some poor soul with tree puns, and she seemed so much more human. If you read this Ame, your super chill. Love you, just wish we'd talk more. You got me into Rozen Maiden; so thats pretty nice.

I met so, SO many people here. Not all of them I liked, no way. But so many amazing, bright individuals all special and unique in their own way like humans are, and I was fascinated in getting to know them and I loved it. Silver. Aeon. Zetaark. Inuki. Abbey Street/Ryan. Dark Desire/Troy. Pocky. Roo. Jelly. Summer. Mexican Birds and the Bees / TacosAndFlowers. Neo/Erick. Eternal Edge(lord). Rose. Kyoyo. Colin. Mashew (you and colin are super good together and i'm so happy for you two!) Some of those names have even left, some just not as active. But all of them people I do consider friends, but not my only friends that I've met here. Any of you, and anyone else, if you want, just give me a shout here or PM me and I'll tell you all about my feelings about you, and what I remember about you. I love everyone here, and I'm sticking around for much longer.

Ask me anything, and no, this is not me starting an AMA trend. If you want to learn about me, talk to me, I'm nowhere near as rude as I like to think I am. I love all of you. Thanks for having me, and thank you for reading this, Reborn.

~♡

Edited by Anethia

You have been around for 4 years, I have been around for over 2, and yet we have barely interacted if at all. Weird, isn't it?

I've had periods of sparse activity, sadly. But that is really weird. I'm making an effort to be more active, so maybe this is the year.

Happy four years \o/

We should exchange music more frequently because that list you made is mighty fine.

The reborn scarf man and DJ himself appreciates my taste in music? I'm honored, Ark. My favourite Oh Wonder song I forgot to mention would be Lose It, got me into Oh Wonder so I can't help but adore it.

heyo finally got a shoutout in one of these. how are you shiri? long time no talk lmao.

I'm feeling pretty good, Jelly. Long time, no talk, pretty shit time to wait then. Feel free to talk to me any time, I love you and your hilarious!

well hey look at that, hello fellow Leo INFP.

I have a question, did you go by the alt Annie Leonhardt in the past?

That was me, yes! I was completely smitten by SnK at the time, so I just kinda did that sorta thing.

Hi Leo INFP! We have quite the contradictory results, don't we? Well, at least at first glance. Love you, Dobby!

• Support Squad

Okokokokok, I'm glad I was right because for the longest time I thought you were the same person but I never was perfectly sure, alts confuse me.

Also, I sincerely need to thank you. A long while back I was feeling down in the dumps and that showed on the forum. You reached out to me and asked what was up and that was a huge relief for me back then. It also helped prove in my mind that kindness can be found with any stranger and that's something that still sticks with me today. So really, thank you for that.

Okokokokok, I'm glad I was right because for the longest time I thought you were the same person but I never was perfectly sure, alts confuse me.

Also, I sincerely need to thank you. A long while back I was feeling down in the dumps and that showed on the forum. You reached out to me and asked what was up and that was a huge relief for me back then. It also helped prove in my mind that kindness can be found with any stranger and that's something that still sticks with me today. So really, thank you for that.

I remember that, and I'm honestly so glad to see how things have changed since then. Keep your head up, you're an amazing person so don't let others get you down. We'll beat them up if they do, alright? I'm happy that I was able to help, and I hope you know that I'm here for you if you need me at any point for anything.

Congrats on 4 years!

I haven't had much to do with you at all (then again I haven't even been here for a year yet) but you seem like a really cool person!

Great job on that post! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Happy Anniversary!

Nice to see that you are still among the living. Also thanks for the shoutout, proves I was around

At any rate, I can barely remember how it was we started talking. I think silver introduced me or something idk.

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your time at reborn still. Also say hi once in a while

Congrats on four years! I've only had limited interaction with you through things like UtH and maybe(?) Aftermath, but you've always seemed like one of the coolest people to know on Reborn, so there's that. I'm also a 19 year old piano player SnK fan, though you'd never catch me singing. Anyway, happy four years, and hopefully you can stick around even longer! Maybe I'll actually get to know you, along with so many of the other people here that I really have no excuse for not talking to more after so long.

Always knew you were cancer somehow :] <3

Yeah and I bet your a fucking Gemini.

Hi, Edge!

Aww that is so sweet of you...

dafuq am I doing to deserve a shoutout tho?

You exist! Isn't that reason enough? Plus, you became a friend of mine.

Happy Anniversary! It's nice to see avid posters on various forums.

Thank you! I hope to see you around!

Congrats on four years! I've only had limited interaction with you through things like UtH and maybe(?) Aftermath, but you've always seemed like one of the coolest people to know on Reborn, so there's that. I'm also a 19 year old piano player SnK fan, though you'd never catch me singing. Anyway, happy four years, and hopefully you can stick around even longer! Maybe I'll actually get to know you, along with so many of the other people here that I really have no excuse for not talking to more after so long.

Ha, we have a lot in common. I'm sticking around for a lot longer, so you have a pretty big chance to get to know me. Talk to me sometime! I'm gonna be on Showdown more now.

Well......... Happy Anniversary person ive never met before

Thank you for the kind wishes!

Nice to see that you are still among the living. Also thanks for the shoutout, proves I was around

At any rate, I can barely remember how it was we started talking. I think silver introduced me or something idk.

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your time at reborn still. Also say hi once in a while

I think we played a few League games together, and that's how that happened! It was a good time, so I'm happy with it. Thanks, Zeta!

Congrats on 4 years!

I haven't had much to do with you at all (then again I haven't even been here for a year yet) but you seem like a really cool person!

Great job on that post! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you! I tried to make it as personal as possible, and keep it real. I wanted to show who I really was, because I have a bad history of projecting a superficial image of myself that didn't accurately portray who I was. It wasn't fake, per say, but just... not everything I was.

Happy anniversary Shiri, and since i am relatively new compared to Reborn veterans above me, we haven't spoken much either but i am glad to hear that you are sticking around and also those are nice music you rec, see you around, friend :)

what a nerd

#nevertrustshiri

Hi, mexican birds and the bees! You know I love you, don't have to say shit there. Talk to me more!

tumblr_n17rdkEESr1ttnpn3o1_500.gif

Yaaaaaaaas, Marina!

Though hey, happy Reborn anniversary. c:

We should talk more. O:

We should talk more. I'm making an effort now, so it should be easier.

Happy anniversary Shiri, and since i am relatively new compared to Reborn veterans above me, we haven't spoken much either but i am glad to hear that you are sticking around and also those are nice music you rec, see you around, friend :)

Thank you for the wishes!

Thanks for the music shiri, and happy anniversary

No prob, Jacze. Have a good one and talk to me any time.

ACTUALLY I AM A CAPRICORN TYVM

this explains a lot.