Ren's Quest for Redemption (A Pokemon Reborn Hardcore Dark-type Monotype Run)

Lord Chespin

Have you considered breaking your text wall into paragraphs? Beyond that, I wonder who would actually make you struggle later on. Dark is a powerful type.

Good point. I'll try to do that in the future. I know walls of text are bad writing. Also, I'm pretty worried about Shelly, mainly because other than Murkrow, I have no counter to her. Anyway...

Update #13: I Never Asked For This

Well, Corey was hard, but not quite as hard as Taka and ZEL. On TEH URN, Ren led with Missing Link, and he led with Quilfish. Quilfish did some damage with two signal beams, but Missing Link was able to tank them, shrug off poison for a turn with his pecha berry, set up a smokescreen, and do some damage with a round! He then dodged two venoshocks while getting healed by a berry ice cream and doing damage with a round. Corey realized he was in trouble and tried to heal his Quilfish and have it use venoshock, but third time wasn't the charm, it just missed, allowing Missing Link to end it with two more rounds!

Up next came Corey's Nidoqueen, so Ren sent out Kaijin, who managed to survive a bulldoze and do some damage with a feint attack, but ultimately fell to a second bulldoze. Missing Link came back out, but while he did do some serious damage with a water pulse, he failed to KO it and fell to a poison jab. Ren sent out Werecat next, and he chip damage with a fake out before taking it out with an assurance!

Corey sent out his beastly Scolipede next, but Ren just swapped out to a now fully-evolved Hecate, who managed to tank a bug bite and KO it with a single flamethrower! Moving on...

Corey decided to send out his Swalot next, and Hecate stayed on the field. She set up a smokescreen while dodging a venoshock, then dodged one shadow ball, tanked another, tanked a venoshock, and survived an ice beam, all while spamming flamethrower. She then got healed by a berry ice cream, dodged an ice beam, and ended Swalot with one last flamethrower!

Corey, running out of options, sent out his own Skuntank, so Ren swapped out to Oni, who also was fully evolved! He tanked two flamethrowers and a night slash, then took out the Skuntank with three vital throws, although he fell to aftermath damage in the process.

All that remained was Corey's ace, Crobat. Ren sent out Werecat again, and she did some damage with a fake out and an assist-turned-slash, but still fell to an air slash and a venoshock. Ren sent out Werewolf next, and he tanked an air slash to set up a swagger, ten got off a bite while Crobat ijured itself; sadly, he fell to a venoshock the next turn. Luckily, Hecate was able to come out, tank two air slashes, and do massive damage with a flamethrower (which even burned it)! It didn't even manage to land a final attack, as it missed an air slash and let Hecate KO it with a flamethrower! And so, Ren earns... jack diddly squat, as Corey offs himself. Well.

The team so far:

frogadier.gifMissing Link (Male) - Lv. 33

mightyena.gifWerewolf (Male) - Lv. 32

pawniard.gifKaijin (Male) - Lv. 32

skuntank.gifHecate (Female) - Lv. 35

pangoro.gifOni (Male) - Lv. 32

liepard.gifWerecat (Male) - Lv. 32

Edited by Lord Chespin

That's much better. I enjoyed reading it this time :)

Do you think you're going to use Spiritomb and Sableye later?

Yeah, I probably will. I just have to find an odd keystone, which might take a really, really long time. Anyway...

Update #14: Crystal Chaos

Well, Aster and Eclipse took a mulligan try, but Ren managed to beat them on my second try. On TEH URN, Ren led with our newest team member, Jubjub Bird the Murkrow, Victoria led with her Emboar, and Aster and Eclipse led with Solrock and Lunatone. The two celestial stones each set up a rock polish, and Jubjub Bird did some serious damage to Lunatone with an assurance while Emboar whiffed a sucker punch. Aster and Eclipse then healed their Lunatone while Solrock got off a heat wave, and Jubjub Bird and Emboar managed to take out Lunatone with an assurance/arm thrust combo!

Aster and Eclipse sent out their Electabuzz next, and Ren quickly swapped out Jubjub Bird for Kaijin; sadly, both Kaijin and Emboar fainted to a rock slide and a shock wave, prompting Ren to send out Missing Link and Victoria to send out Scraggy. Missing Link tanked a low kick and did massive damage to Solrock while it set up another rock polish, and Missing Link dented Electabuzz with a poison jab. Luckily, rather than attack, Aster and Eclipse healed Solrock with a super potion while Electabuzz did some damage to Scraggy with a low kick; this allowed Missing Link to end Solrock with a water pulse while Scraggy ended Electabuzz with a high jump kick!

With half of their team defeated, Aster and Eclipse decided to send out their Magmar and Rhyhorn next. Poor Missing Link got confused by a confuse ray and injured himself, and while Scraggy was able to do some damage with a high jump kick, it ended up getting burned by flame body and fainting to a combination of a take down from Rhyhorn and burn damage. Victoria's Hariyama came out next, and while Missing Link injured himself again before fainting to a bulldoze, it managed to end Magmar with a brick break!

All that remained on the field was Aster and Eclipse's Rhyhorn and Milotic, so Ren sent out Nymph to end it. Hariyama took some damage from a water pulse, and Rhyhorn injured everybody with a bulldoze, but Nymph did massive damage to Rhyhorn with a needle arm before Hariyama took out Rhyhorn with a brick break! All that remained was Milotic, and all it did was set up an aqua ring and heal Nymph with a water pulse before Nymph ended it with two needle arms! With that over with, it's time to go see a psychiatrist for Shelly!

The team so far:

greninja.gifMissing Link (Male) - Lv. 35

murkrow-f.gifJubjub Bird (Female) - Lv. 35

pawniard.gifKaijin (Male) - Lv. 34

cacturne-f.gifNymph (Female) - Lv. 35

pangoro.gifOni (Male) - Lv. 34

liepard.gifWerecat (Male) - Lv. 33

Edited by Lord Chespin

easy part is done. soon the struggles against victoria and shelly will begin. excited to see what your plan will be against either of them. good luck

Thanks! I'm not looking forward to Shelly, but if I can get past her I'll get access to tons of new Pokemon, so there's that to look forward to. Anyway...

Update #15: You're Not My Mom, You Can't Tell Me What To Do!

Well, Victoria took a try or two to get past, but all in all she could have been a lot worse. On TEH URN, Ren led with Hecate, and Victoria led with Scraggy. Scraggy set up a dragon dance, but Hecate managed to burn it with a flamethrower, causing it to only do chip damage the next turn with a payback while Hecate injured it again with a flamethrower. Victoria tried using her two super potions on it, but Hecate just continued attacking it with flamethrower. With only a sliver of health left and one shot to KO Hecate, Scraggy used... dragon dance. (facepalms) Bravo, Victoria, bravo. Needless to say, Scraggy fainted from burn damage the next turn.

Victoria sent out her Poliwrath next, and Ren swapped out to Nymph, who set up a spiky shield, tanking a payback in the process, and decimated the Poliwrath with a mighty critical-hit needle arm!

Up next came Victoria's ace, Emboar, to which Ren swapped out Missing Link, now a Greninja! Missing Link tanked a sucker punch and did some damage with a mighty water pulse, then outsped Emboar and KO'd it with a second water pulse!

Victoria, running out of options at this point, sent out her trickiest Pokemon for me to deal with: her Gallade. Ren sent out Nymph again, and she did chip damage to Gallade by setting up a spiky shield, which Gallade hit with a brick break. Sadly, she then fainted to a single brick break the next turn, but Hecate (who came out next) was able to tank two shadow sneaks and a brick break and counter with a toxic and two slashes, taking Gallade down!

All that remained was Victoria's Hariyama, to which Ren sent out Jubjub Bird. Jubjub Bird did crazy damage with a brave bird, but ended up fainting to a brick break; luckily, she paved the way for Missing Link to swoop in and end Hariyama with two water pulses while Victoria (once again proving her intelligence) ordered it to use fake out, ending the fight! Onward to Shelly!

The team so far:

Edited by Lord Chespin

Thanks! I'm not looking forward to Shelly, but if I can get past her I'll get access to tons of new Pokemon, so there's that to look forward to. Anyway...

Update #15: You're Not My Mom, You Can't Tell Me What To Do!

Well, Victoria took a try or two to get past, but all in all she could have been a lot worse. On TEH URN, Ren led with Hecate, and Victoria led with Scraggy. Scraggy set up a dragon dance, but Hecate managed to burn it with a flamethrower, causing it to only do chip damage the next turn with a payback while Hecate injured it again with a flamethrower. Victoria tried using her two super potions on it, but Hecate just continued attacking it with flamethrower. With only a sliver of health left and one shot to KO Hecate, Scraggy used... dragon dance. (facepalms) Bravo, Victoria, bravo. Needless to say, Scraggy fainted from burn damage the next turn.

Victoria sent out her Poliwrath next, and Ren swapped out to Nymph, who set up a spiky shield, tanking a payback in the process, and decimated the Poliwrath with a mighty critical-hit needle arm!

Up next came Victoria's ace, Emboar, to which Ren swapped out Missing Link, now a Greninja! Missing Link tanked a sucker punch and did some damage with a mighty water pulse, then outsped Emboar and KO'd it with a second water pulse!

Victoria, running out of options at this point, sent out her trickiest Pokemon for me to deal with: her Gallade. Ren sent out Nymph again, and she did chip damage to Gallade by setting up a spiky shield, which Gallade hit with a brick break. Sadly, she then fainted to a single brick break the next turn, but Hecate (who came out next) was able to tank two shadow sneaks and a brick break and counter with a toxic and two slashes, taking Gallade down!

All that remained was Victoria's Hariyama, to which Ren sent out Jubjub Bird. Jubjub Bird did crazy damage with a brave bird, but ended up fainting to a brick break; luckily, she paved the way for Missing Link to swoop in and end Hariyama with two water pulses while Victoria (once again proving her intelligence) ordered it to use fake out, ending the fight! Onward to Shelly!

The team so far:

Pawniard off the egg, not bad. He's catchable later though, so that does kinda suck :( Other than that, nice job! Really enjoying this run, it took me awhile to beat shelly for some reason though. I had to train up 2 skuntanks for a gym that's typically easy. Good luck on Kiki though, that took me at least an hour and a half to beat, but after that you can get some pretty good mons, so that's nice. Wonder what'll happen with Samson though, I'm not even sure I'm ready to try that. Hopefully Honchkrow can carry, right? Good luck with the run