Need advice on fighting against Blake

Jaden

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.. So I'm currently challenging Blake who specializes in Ice-type pokemon and I can't beat him, no matter how many times I've tried..

I tried teaching my pokemon Fighting-type moves but my pokemon faint in 1-2 blizzards ..I don't have any pure fighting-type pokemon at my disposal (only Heracross which is half fighting half bug) and I can only go back to Agate Circus ,becuase the way outside of it is blocked..

Correct me if I'm wrong but Fighting-type pokemon are best used against Ice-type right? and since my way is blocked I can't go to Apophyll Beach (Forgive me if that's the wrong name) where there are fighting type pokemon to catch..

Here are the pokemon I used to train:

Skutank- Lv70

Niovern- Lv71 ( won't always obey me..is it becuase of the badges? should I use a common candy on it? )

Pachirisu- Lv69

Solrock- Lv65

Dustox - Lv55

Seviper- Lv45

Beartic- Lv66

Heracross- Lv70

Clafable - Lv58

Abomasnow - Lv59

Piloswine-Lv61

Greninja- Lv70 (starter pokemon)

The rest are below Lv40..

So as you can see I tried fighting Ice with Ice which is why I have so many Ice-type pokemon..didn't really work..

So I need a better strategy..perhaps you can help me with it ^_^

Maybe I should use a different combination? I'm currently using Heracross,Beartic,Clafable,Greninja,Abomasnow and Piloswine

Or maybe there's a way to bypass the blockage? :wacko:

Also, since I'm new here. I'd like to know how do I know which version I am currently playing in and if I need to update it?

Thank you! ;)

Edited by Jaden

Yes, use a Common Candy any time your pokémon go over the level cap, or they may not obey you.

As for Blake, I don't remember having problems with him but you should use the following pokémon:

• Greninja resist Ice so it could help.
  • Heracross because of it's typing.
  • Evolve Piloswine to Mamoswine, and use an Ability Capsule to change it's ability to Thick Fat or Snow Cloak.
  • Solrock because of it's typing.
  • Catch a Pawniard and evolve it to Bisharp. Pawniard is found wild in Route 4
  • Do the event of the Magby, Magmar may help with your lack of Fire Types. Here's a video on how to get Magby:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YXlGvOkAqU

Train those 6 up to level 70 and you shouldn't have any problem.

ok first off i would get rid of the weather effect/hail so that blizzard is not 100% accurate. next get rid of the field so that you can use rock type and fire type moves effectively. you can get rid of the field effect by using heat wave,flame burst,lava plume,eruption and fire pledge.

Well i used scrafty to some what sweep blakes whole team with HJK and Crunch+ moxie. Scarfty is kinda tanky and has moxie to make it hit like a truck so i suggest training up one to help you handle blake. but if you are lazy to train up stuff just get rid of the field and weather and you will have an easier time.

As mentioned above you have 2 options.

Destroy the field. This is by far the easiest to help the rest of your current team.

Secondly there are several pokemon you can catch where you are now to help you:

Machop around route 2. If you have a link stone then you can get it to Machamp. Solid fighting type

Hawlucha - Another good fighting type that will take neutral damage becuase of it secondary flying type. Hawlucha is a boss further on as well.

Rhyhorn - Around round 2 as well. If you go the protector in Iola Valley you can get it to Rhyperior, if not Rhydon is still very solid

Pawniard - It's typing puts it off even better than the fighting types. FOund around route 3.

You already have heracross. So if it hasn't got moxie, get it an ability capsule ASAP. It will help immensely against the next super boss that's coming up as well.

From what you already have in your team I would go with the following:

Greninja for perma STAB and resistance to his ice

Solrock to get rid of his field

Heracross for a potential sweep

and any of the above mentioned

well you can't get riolu egg yet you need to beat blake than than you can start the event. well i wont go for hawlucha because blake could use ice type and still wreck him. weavile out speeds hawlucha. Also Ryhorn gets wrecked by ice type moves because he has weak spdef and blake tends to use more special atking ice types move and shadow ball which can be painful and jinx also carries energy ball which can OHKO Rhydon.

Well solrock can set up sunny day to prevent the blizzard spams but it has no moves what so ever to clear the field. i would grab a vulpix(obtain from trade at agate for stunfisk) but it is kinda hard to get stunfisk unless you have one lying around somewhere cause ninetales can solve a lot of your problems. free weather set up and flame burst to get rid of field. Well you best bet for a fire type it magmar or rotom heat if you grabbed rotom and change it to rotom heat.

Yes, use a Common Candy any time your pokémon go over the level cap, or they may not obey you.

As for Blake, I don't remember having problems with him but you should use the following pokémon:

• Greninja resist Ice so it could help.
  • Heracross because of it's typing.
  • Evolve Piloswine to Mamoswine, and use an Ability Capsule to change it's ability to Thick Fat or Snow Cloak.
  • Solrock because of it's typing.
  • Catch a Pawniard and evolve it to Bisharp. Pawniard is found wild in Route 4
  • Do the event of the Magby, Magmar may help with your lack of Fire Types. Here's a video on how to get Magby:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YXlGvOkAqU

Train those 6 up to level 70 and you shouldn't have any problem.

What Lv do Piloswine and Pawniard need to be in order for them to evolve? Because according to wikipedia, Pawniard needs to be Lv52 and the one I caught was above that Lv,not sure pokemons there even have that Lv. And for Piloswine it says it needs to learn Ancient Power, do I need to go to the Move Reminder guy for it to evolve then?

Also, thanks for the Magby guide! I'll keep training it. according to wikipedia it evolves to Magmar at Lv30, but is there a way for me to evolve it to Magmortar?

ok first off i would get rid of the weather effect/hail so that blizzard is not 100% accurate. next get rid of the field so that you can use rock type and fire type moves effectively. you can get rid of the field effect by using heat wave,flame burst,lava plume,eruption and fire pledge.

Well i used scrafty to some what sweep blakes whole team with HJK and Crunch+ moxie. Scarfty is kinda tanky and has moxie to make it hit like a truck so i suggest training up one to help you handle blake. but if you are lazy to train up stuff just get rid of the field and weather and you will have an easier time.

Thanks. I caught a Scraggy and evolved it to Scrafty (Also used Ability capsule on it to get Moxie). As for the Fire moves you mentioned , Magmar is able to learn them , right? I'll keep training it

Correct me if im wrong, but can't you get a riolu egg around that place? That should help a ton. aura sphere and it's speed plus type should destroy blake.

No idea, I'm kinda new to this game :)

As mentioned above you have 2 options.

Destroy the field. This is by far the easiest to help the rest of your current team.

Secondly there are several pokemon you can catch where you are now to help you:

Machop around route 2. If you have a link stone then you can get it to Machamp. Solid fighting type

Hawlucha - Another good fighting type that will take neutral damage becuase of it secondary flying type. Hawlucha is a boss further on as well.

Rhyhorn - Around round 2 as well. If you go the protector in Iola Valley you can get it to Rhyperior, if not Rhydon is still very solid

Pawniard - It's typing puts it off even better than the fighting types. FOund around route 3.

You already have heracross. So if it hasn't got moxie, get it an ability capsule ASAP. It will help immensely against the next super boss that's coming up as well.

From what you already have in your team I would go with the following:

Greninja for perma STAB and resistance to his ice

Solrock to get rid of his field

Heracross for a potential sweep

and any of the above mentioned

Went to Route2 to find both Machop and Rhydon, found only Rhydon, couldn't find Machop. Also caught Pawniard, but not sure where Hawlucha is located. Used capsule on Heracross to get it to use Moxie. So you're saying I should also include Solrock in my team. Gotcha

well you can't get riolu egg yet you need to beat blake than than you can start the event. well i wont go for hawlucha because blake could use ice type and still wreck him. weavile out speeds hawlucha. Also Ryhorn gets wrecked by ice type moves because he has weak spdef and blake tends to use more special atking ice types move and shadow ball which can be painful and jinx also carries energy ball which can OHKO Rhydon.

Well solrock can set up sunny day to prevent the blizzard spams but it has no moves what so ever to clear the field. i would grab a vulpix(obtain from trade at agate for stunfisk) but it is kinda hard to get stunfisk unless you have one lying around somewhere cause ninetales can solve a lot of your problems. free weather set up and flame burst to get rid of field. Well you best bet for a fire type it magmar or rotom heat if you grabbed rotom and change it to rotom heat.

So Rhhorn and Hawlucha are no good against Blake? I also don't think I'll be able to get a Vulprix becuase I have no idea where to find a Stunfist. But Magmar is pretty much like Vulprix, isn't it?

Start up screen says the episode along the bottom. Current is 15.

Thanks!

What Lv do Piloswine and Pawniard need to be in order for them to evolve? Because according to wikipedia, Pawniard needs to be Lv52 and the one I caught was above that Lv,not sure pokemons there even have that Lv. And for Piloswine it says it needs to learn Ancient Power, do I need to go to the Move Reminder guy for it to evolve then?

Also, thanks for the Magby guide! I'll keep training it. according to wikipedia it evolves to Magmar at Lv30, but is there a way for me to evolve it to Magmortar?

If pawniard is above level 52, it will evolve the next time it is leveled up. You do need to use the move relearner on piloswine, there's one at the lower right corner of the circus.

1. What Lv do Piloswine and Pawniard need to be in order for them to evolve? Because according to wikipedia, Pawniard needs to be Lv52 and the one I caught was above that Lv,not sure pokemons there even have that Lv. And for Piloswine it says it needs to learn Ancient Power, do I need to go to the Move Reminder guy for it to evolve then?
  2. Also, thanks for the Magby guide! I'll keep training it. according to wikipedia it evolves to Magmar at Lv30, but is there a way for me to evolve it to Magmortar?
  3. Thanks. I caught a Scraggy and evolved it to Scrafty (Also used Ability capsule on it to get Moxie). As for the Fire moves you mentioned , Magmar is able to learn them , right? I'll keep training it
  4. So Rhhorn and Hawlucha are no good against Blake? I also don't think I'll be able to get a Vulprix becuase I have no idea where to find a Stunfist. But Magmar is pretty much like Vulprix, isn't it?
  1. Yes, Pawniard will evolve anyways upon leveling up, and for Piloswine go to the move relearner and give him Ancient Power.
  2. Not yet, as the only Magmarizer you get is wasted on the Magby, probably we will get another in EP16.
  3. Magmar learns Lava Plume at level 36 to destroy the field.
  4. Both Rhydon and Hawlucha have Ice weakness, so they're not the best options for Blake. Stunfisk is found in Aphopyll so you can't get Vulpix until you go back to Reborn.

Here are some movepool you could use, if you want:

greninja.gif

-Surf

-Dark Pulse

-Extrasensory

-Grass Knot (If you have the TM) / Something

heracross.gif

-Megahorn

-Close Combat

-Night Slash

-Bullet Seed

mamoswine.gif

-Earthquake

-Ice Shard

-Ice Fang

-Trash

solrock.gif

-Rock Slide/Stone Edge (Choose your favourite)

-Flamethrower

-Psychic

-Explosion

bisharp.gif

-Iron Head

-Night Slash

-Brick Break

-Swords Dance

magmar.gif

-Flamethrower/Fire Blast

-Lava Plume

-Brick Break

-Sunny Day

If pawniard is above level 52, it will evolve the next time it is leveled up. You do need to use the move relearner on piloswine, there's one at the lower right corner of the circus.

Ah I see, wierd thing my Piloswine already knows Ancient Power. I went to the relearner to have AP removed and then relearn it for Piloswine to evolve, but nothing happened. Any idea why?

*Solrock (with Light Clay from mining) + Light Screen helps cut Blizzard's damage.

*You can get Magmarizer somewhere around Calcenon City, I don't remember where. Magmar/Magmortar can also learn Sunny Day, Heat Rock makes it last 8 turns instead of 5. Also, Sunny Day weakens Water moves, not Ice.

*Heracross + Close Combat with Black Belt can help after Trick Room is setup.

*Beartic can use Swaggar/Brick Break, since it'll take 1/2 from Blizzard, but watch out for Vanilluxe's Flash Cannon

*I'm not sure what moves your Greninja has, but with the Protean ability, it can sweep Blake into the trash after a Light Screen is setup.

The only bad thing about using Heatwave/Flame Burst to transform the field into a Mountain Field, is that their next Blizzard will re-freeze the field which will change it back into a Snowy Mountain Field. It's still better to cancel the field, than to let them have accuracy-ignoring Blizzard STABS. The A.I. is more likely to cast Blizzard on what it thinks will OHKO or result in a super-effective hit.

Oh, well I accidentally sold all of my Clays ~_~; Thought they're worthless. How do I get Light Screen again? is it a TM?

I'll keep training my Magby then

1. Yes, Pawniard will evolve anyways upon leveling up, and for Piloswine go to the move relearner and give him Ancient Power.
  2. Not yet, as the only Magmarizer you get is wasted on the Magby, probably we will get another in EP16.
  3. Magmar learns Lava Plume at level 36 to destroy the field.
  4. Both Rhydon and Hawlucha have Ice weakness, so they're not the best options for Blake. Stunfisk is found in Aphopyll so you can't get Vulpix until you go back to Reborn.

Here are some movepool you could use, if you want:

greninja.gif

-Surf

-Dark Pulse

-Extrasensory

-Grass Knot (If you have the TM) / Something

heracross.gif

-Megahorn

-Close Combat

-Night Slash

-Bullet Seed

mamoswine.gif

-Earthquake

-Ice Shard

-Ice Fang

-Trash

solrock.gif

-Rock Slide/Stone Edge (Choose your favourite)

-Flamethrower

-Psychic

-Explosion

bisharp.gif

-Iron Head

-Night Slash

-Brick Break

-Swords Dance

magmar.gif

-Flamethrower/Fire Blast

-Lava Plume

-Brick Break

-Sunny Day

Oh wow, thanks for the update! I'll keep training both my Pawniard and Magby then. Also my Piloswine does not seem to evolve upon learning Ancient Power. Why is that?

Ah I see, wierd thing my Piloswine already knows Ancient Power. I went to the relearner to have AP removed and then relearn it for Piloswine to evolve, but nothing happened. Any idea why?

You need to level it up while it knows ancient power to evolve it.

Thank you for all your help guys! I do have a few more questions regarding the game, and since I'm not sure where to post them I'll just continue with this thread if that's okay with you.

I come across these blocks quite often in the game and there's probably a way to remove them, right? Do I need a certain HM/TM to remove them? image.jpg

Same question goes for these doors. I found at least two or three deep inside the Ametrine Mountain.

image.jpg

Speaking of Ametrine Mount,there's a Skuntant there guarding a pokeball. How do I make it fight me? image.jpg

And last, Ametrine Mount again..(Biggest cave I've ever seen lol much to explore, I've even found a Totodile there)

How do I get to the white area in the picture below? The Item Finder indicates there's a hidden item above my avatar

image.jpg

So I think I've pretty much cleared the whole cave, exploring it that is. Although I'm not 100% sure I checked every single pond or waterfall but whatever :) If there's anything else I should know about this cave , please do inform me :)

Thank you for help again! much appreciated!

POST #3000! Anyway...

I come across these blocks quite often in the game and there's probably a way to remove them, right? Do I need a certain HM/TM to remove them? image.jpg

You need Rock Climb to climb down it, but we don't have the Badge for it, nor the TMX.

Same question goes for these doors. I found at least two or three deep inside the Ametrine Mountain.

image.jpg

Can't get past those yet. You'd need the 4 Keys (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and Amethyst).

Speaking of Ametrine Mount,there's a Skuntant there guarding a pokeball. How do I make it fight me? image.jpg

You need the Silver Ring from Corey's Room, since that's Corey's Skuntank. This is also used to make Corey's Croagunk and Nidorina fight you, but Croagunk was in the cave near Shade's Gym and Nidorina was in the cave in Beryl Cemetery.

And last, Ametrine Mount again..(Biggest cave I've ever seen lol much to explore, I've even found a Totodile there)

How do I get to the white area in the picture below? The Item Finder indicates there's a hidden item above my avatar

image.jpg

This also requires Rock Climb, I think. So unobtainable yet.

POST #3000! Anyway...

You need Rock Climb to climb down it, but we don't have the Badge for it, nor the TMX.

Can't get past those yet. You'd need the 4 Keys (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and Amethyst).

You need the Silver Ring from Corey's Room, since that's Corey's Skuntank. This is also used to make Corey's Croagunk and Nidorina fight you, but Croagunk was in the cave near Shade's Gym and Nidorina was in the cave in Beryl Cemetery.

This also requires Rock Climb, I think. So unobtainable yet.

First let me congrats you on your 3000th post lol :)

So Rock Climb is unobtainable and the doors cannot be opened yet. Alright. Perhaps you can tell me where Corey's Room is? In which case I'll also go fight the other two pokemons you mentioned .

I'm still new to the game and don't yet remember where things are :)