Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

I been away too long. Hopefully Aether is our first (second if you count old Team Plasma) "good" team, it would be about time a team was founded to protect Pokemon from the evil teams. Type Null looks interesting and I wonder if it figures into Gnoggin's Alchemy theory somehow and UB-01 is interesting as well, I wonder if its going to be a reference to HP Lovecraft's work. However if it really is a transformed girl thats horrifying.

Anybody who has their own island research facility is probably evil.

And the name Aether Foundation is giving off some bad vibes.

They'll probably be like Flare with their "bright and beautiful" spiel and try to make the whole world "pure" or their definition of it at least.

And employees is just a fancy word for grunts

Edited by DerogatoryTrainer

What if... Team Skull are actually the good guys? - and therefore Aether are the bad guys - like it's being speculated

If Gladion is related to Lusamine (the similarities were talked about) ... like, he is her Son.

Gladion would been raised with the Knowledge of Aether-Foundations evil intentions.

Type: Null as the prototype of one of Aethers experiments gets stolen by Gladion - to SAVE IT from Aether and his mothers experiments!

He seeks out help to stop Aether and his Mother - and the only people that would listen to him are Team Skull!

Gladion dons the honorary Title of "Enforcer" of Team Skull.

and all the 'bad' things Team Skull is doing (interupting the Island trials etc.) is to hinder Aether in their ambitions, who are still viewed as the good guys by all other islanders...

Maybe this also has something to do with the Rivalry of Kukui and Guzma (was that his name?) - Maybe Kukui activeley supports Aether, and Guzma was always suspicious about them?

and in the end, after we finished all Island trials, and defeated Team Skull numerous times, we get access to Aethers secret underground lab... where everything is revealed and we have a final showdown with an Artificially created Arceus or something like that, and Team Skull is all like

"WE TOLD YOU THESE GUYS ARE BAD!"

...yeah... probably not... but it would be cool

A part that does not fit with this theory is Gladion's plan. If you intend to steal a pokemon and prevent an evil organization from using it, you do not expose it to the public by using it in your first pokemon battle. You should instead steal and hide the pokemon somewhere they won't search, and remain in Aether to appear to still be on their side. In the case they catch you red-handed, you fly to Kanto, find a cave there and hire a guy with an afro as a bouncer.

So far we have the following artificial pokemon: Porygon, Mewtwo, Genesect, Type: Null, Magearna. Did I miss anything?

Castform is also artificial Pokemon. Also is it confirmed that Magearna is the first artificial Pokemon? I thought Type:Null is the first artificial Pokemon before but everyone speculates it's Aether's Foundation creation.

• Global Mods

Castform is also artificial Pokemon. Also is it confirmed that Magearna is the first artificial Pokemon? I thought Type:Null is the first artificial Pokemon before but everyone speculates it's Aether's Foundation creation.

Magearna was created 500 years ago IIRC.

So - keeping a running tally - Here are the things I'm excited about in Sun and Moon so far.

1. Hyper Training - Essentially a continuation of making competitive play accessible for more and more people. The best part of this feature will be able to view your Individual Values for the first time in a main series game, something we've been treated rather kindly to here with Reborn. It's also nice to be able to use the Pokemon that helped you in the story in competitions of the highest level as well. It's almost as if you're really building a bond with the Pokemon that started your S/M journey.

2. Time Shifts - This feature is the strongest argument Game Freak has made for the "good" in buying both games. As someone that can't play during the day all that often, Moon actually has a solid lead over Sun as to which game I'm buying "first" because it allows me to get those daytime events during nighttime hours - without punishing me for altering the time on my DS. Sun also has several "spot the difference" aesthetics with Moon too, as well as holding version exclusives in not only 'mons but with events themselves. That's pretty cool.

3. Alolan Forms - My personal favorites are the Raticate that happens to wall Lunala and is hilarious every time you look at it, Cold Steel the hedgehog, Marowakiki, and Too-Tall Exeggutor. The Vulpix line is pretty too....and Surfing Pika-....er....Raichu .....(wow, they gave RAICHU some love for once? I SEE YOU GAME FREAK-)....this is just cool.

4. Will Mega Evolution Exist In Alola? - Not exactly a game feature, but one question I feel like GF will be mum on until the game is released or close-to. I feel like it will (because....I don't know how they're going to explain Zygarde yet. So many questions....there's also Sina and Dexio in this universe, so ..."maybe"?)...but we'll have to see.

5. It's Litten. Donald Trumpshoos. Jangoo-o(?). Who let the Rock out? -..................New Pokemon.

6. The importance of Team Skull - They just look like generic street thugs - which is fine....if they pull it off with something along the lines of what many are thinking about the Aether Foundation where they are just a front for a guarded, larger evil.

Plasma was never a good team! - only N had good intentions - Plasma were total hypocrites to their cause (that a grunt, who didn't know about their superior goals, never questioned them is beyon my understanding)

- so no... we don't count Team Plasma

but, well... we always got the Pokemon Rangers, who have yet to appear in a main-series game... if you don't count the Trainer-Class, that is...

I take it you never played Pokemon Black/White 2? In it it is revealed that the members that really wanted to help Pokemon and the ones that felt guilty and wanted to repent formed Old Team Plasma led by Rood. (still wearing their knight outfits and other notable members are N's sisters) While the really evil members joined Gheisis in forming New Team Plasma..(Now wearing black outfits) Old teams up with you to fight the New.

On the topic of Ather if Skull really is the good team trying to warn people about Ather that would be a interesting twist as well.

We have another new trailer, although it doesnt actually have much NEW information (mainly just new screenshots of things we have previously known about, still cool however), but it does have a new? character in it, who according to Serebii is called Oak and talks about REGION (Not just Alolan) forms.

He looks similar to professor Oak, just a lot darker, longer hair(the marks in his hair are in the same place however), and is now wearing a flower shirt.

It probably is Oak, but he was in the trailer for barely a second so we don't have much to go on.

Solgaleo's running animation does look pretty sweet tho.

EDIT: We know the name of some of the Pokeride options as well now, Lapras Swim, Sharpedo Jet, and Charizard Flight; such name, much fun.

Edited by Swampellow

Here's the trailer if you need it:

It showed some interesting things. It looks like Cubone and Pikachu will not be getting alolan forms. Wishiwashi appears to be a totem in at least one version of the game. There's black Oak, who could very well be a relative to the original professor. Finally, at the end, Solgaleo and Lunala seem to be going through a portal similar to the one UB-01 appears through. Maybe there's some sort of connection?

The music is also amazing.

Edited by Lucky1998

If the portals that Solgaleo and Lunala are passing through are actually in the game and end up being related to Ultra Beasts' portals, then maybe it's Aether that summons them and not Team Skull. I just get the feeling that Team Skull doesn't really care about the legendary pokemon

edit: It turns out the person who looks like Professor Oak is Nariya Oak, the professor's cousin

Edited by Lucky1998

Oh, and look, there's going to be news NEXT Tuesday as well! Same times as the last one. Will this be the time we get Rockruff's evolution? Mega Evolutions? Maybe even the starter evolutions? Or maybe just more information about Aether and all that jazz? I guess we'll have to stay tuned!

• Global Mods

Oh, and look, there's going to be news NEXT Tuesday as well! Same times as the last one. Will this be the time we get Rockruff's evolution? Mega Evolutions? Maybe even the starter evolutions? Or maybe just more information about Aether and all that jazz? I guess we'll have to stay tuned!

It's on the 14th, which is Wednesday.

Although considering it's probably CoroCoro, we'll likely get it before then.