Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

They never said they'd give us big news this month guys. They only said they'd give people news. Nothing more, nothing less. Getting salty doesn't change the fact they did what they said they'd do >>. Can't say they're lying either because they gave exactly what they said they'd give.

If they give us jack shit in May though, you better believe I'll be salty. Today, not so much. Everyone is setting their expectations up way too high, especially after the disappointment that was gen 6. Don't get super hyped until they actually give you shit to be hyped for. Hearing them say, "big news" isn't something you should get hyped for. You should get hyped once they actually announce it that way your expectations are either set at that moment or you give up because they don't deliver on their promise. Setting your expectations up now is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Another more twisted part of me wants there to be only like 11 new pokemon(the starters, their families, and the version mascots), and for the fire starter to be Fire/Fighting and somehow even worse than Emboar. All just so I could listen to screams of rage and the mass table flipping of the fanbase.

"Yes...yes...let the hate flow through you" - Captain Breakfast

Would be pretty funny.

You know, if they would pay attention to the cliches they put in their games, and add a spin to it, that would be pretty baller. Like for example starting the game with visiting your father's grave, an argument between your mom and the professor about your safety/maturity...

You know, if they would pay attention to the cliches they put in their games, and add a spin to it, that would be pretty baller. Like for example starting the game with visiting your father's grave, an argument between your mom and the professor about your safety/maturity...

Let me remind you pokemon has to keep an ESRB rating of E for Everyone so mature themes like this won't be tackled head on at least in the main plot.

Let me remind you pokemon has to keep an ESRB rating of E for Everyone so mature themes like this won't be tackled head on at least in the main plot.

Isn't there a Pokemon cemetery in every game? How is that much different?

Oh dear, I seem to have tailed off a bit on this thread.

Anyway, back to more discussion. Yes, a Pokémon's type can be revealed by their appearance kr colour scheme, but the opposite is also equally true. Goodra would indicate a water or poison typing, but it is neither. Many of the cute 600 BST pixies might be Fairy-ish, but only Diancie and now Magearna are indeed fairies (maybe that hoopla about Magearna being a modified Diancie wasn't all tripe, then).

In any case, yes, this 'reveal' was rather disappointing. Looks like we have nothing to look forward to for another month, at least.

Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for the region's professor. Since it's a tropical location, how about Professor Mango! A real fruity chap, who often goes bananas over hidden Pokemon legends, but a very sweet fellow really.

Think they wouldn't use a blatant fruit name for a professor. They seem to use shrub and tree names but trees that don't bear fruit I guess (not that I'm an expert on what a rowan or sycamore is)

edit: googling sycamore... there seems to be a fruit but not sure if it's a separate thing.. oh well. Still sounds less blatantly obvious than a mango

also there's a tweet from this one dood that he is going to leak screenshots today.. whether fake or real, who knows

Edited by Masquerain

I was joking about Professor Mango. Tbh it is summer now, the mango trees in my garden are bearing fruit, I'm pigging myself on 'em and I wanted to make lame fruit puns.

On a more realistic note, female professors are named more after vines or shrubs, not tall trees.

Professor Hawthorn? Jasmine? Abelia?

Edited by Viridescent

It will be professor (Face)Palm. At leas, I hope so. Then, every time you use a key item when you can't...
Besides, gen 5 brought up parental child abuse, and Nintendo has gotten away with worse in other games (OoT, for example). It's possible to handle heavy topics in a way that children and adults can enjoy, rather than steering away from anything controversial and shoot yourself in the foot by narrowing down your demographic.

why not Professor Lotus? Sure, the tree itself is more or less mythological, but it seems fitting. And everyone would insist it is only a flower :)

It will be professor (Face)Palm. At leas, I hope so. Then, every time you use a key item when you can't...
Besides, gen 5 brought up parental child abuse, and Nintendo has gotten away with worse in other games (OoT, for example). It's possible to handle heavy topics in a way that children and adults can enjoy, rather than steering away from anything controversial and shoot yourself in the foot by narrowing down your demographic.

[insert ReDead attack here] 100% ESRB certified "E-Rated"

Edited by Cobalt996

I was joking about Professor Mango. Tbh it is summer now, the mango trees in my garden are bearing fruit, I'm pigging myself on 'em and I wanted to make lame fruit puns.

On a more realistic note, female professors are named more after vines or shrubs, not tall trees.

Professor Hawthorn? Jasmine? Abelia?

On another page and another post, I did suggest a female prof being named Prof Laurel or Hawthorn, so I approve. Jasmine probably not since we have a gym leader with the name, be it first name. No idea what abelia is but wellp

Also, out of curiosity, I don't recall, how was parental abuse brought up in gen 5? Or maybe I'm missing something obvious (In the end gen 5 were the games that dared to venture the furthest with more mature themes and I do hope gen 7 resumes from there)

Ghetsis abused N. He deliberately raised an orphan kid to loathe humanity as vile oppressors of Pokemon, allowed him contact only with Pokémon who had themselves been abused, and warped his mind...only to unleash the power of true, child-like innocence to awaken one of the Legendary Dragons and serve as a mascot for the people of Unova...all so he could gain huge power (pun not intended) behind the scenes as the only possessor of Pokémon (as well as regional and political power)

Then, Ghetsis went completely loony when the player shat on his victory parade and bested N with their own dragon. He snapped at N, hurled abuses at him, derided him for failing his mission and outright called him a warped, inhuman boy who never was meant to be a raised as a human in all its sense.

Yeah, that's parental abuse if you ask me. He mayn't be N's biological father, but he was a guardian and parent legally, and he abused N horrifyingly and callously. That's why BW's plot is quite mature compared to other Pokemon games.

Edited by Viridescent

So the leaker struck again and what he gave away this time is a real doozy:

At least 721 Pokemon will exist

Takes place in the "humor" region and the starters are "Irony" (psychic type) "sarcasm" (dark type) and "counter" (fighting type).

Professors name is Youreallfuckingidiots

Dora the Explorer is a Pokemon now and she mega evolves into Bob the Builder

The cover legendaries are Trollfais and JahnSeena (who is also the champion)

As you could guess, the guy thought it would be funny to jump on the troll train with Pokenchi and CoroCoro.

• Upvote 6

So the leaker struck again and what he gave away this time is a real doozy:

At least 721 Pokemon will exist

Takes place in the "humor" region and the starters are "Irony" (psychic type) "sarcasm" (dark type) and "counter" (fighting type). Professors name is Youreallfuckingidiots and Dora the Explorer gets a mega evolution into Bob the Builder. The cover legendaries are Trollface and JahnSeena (who is also the champion)

As you could guess, the guy thought it would be funny to jump on the troll train with Pokenchi and CoroCoro.

They have already anounced that there will be at least 11 new pokemon (over 10 they stated). I'm pretty sure that's a fake leak :P

• Upvote 1

They have already anounced that there will be at least 11 new pokemon (over 10 they stated). I'm pretty sure that's a fake leak :P

...meaning we get the starters (which are 3-staged) and the 2 box legends, summing at 11. That's the necessary minimum for any game. They just gave it the trolly way. In before, they release a game in which you can only catch 10 pokemon in total and every gym leader has 1 of them, trying to beat you. The first one has Dragon so no type has an advantage over the others.

• Global Mods

I think I read in an interview they said to expect around the amount of XY's new Pokemon in the near future.

Even if the only new Pokemon in Sun and Moon are the starters and legendaries (and maybe fossils) I'd be fine with that. I kind of wonder how they would handle all of them if every new gen introduced 100+.

Oh yeah, fossils! I wonder what we'd get this time! We already got so many awesome things, right from the Cambrian all the way up to the Jurassic and even Cretaceous: Omastar and Cradily to Tyrantrum, Bastiodon and Archeops, which is the first bird.

Do we get a fossilized early mammal next? Or more dinosaurian thingies again?

Maybe a Rock/Ghost fossil of a skeletal dinosaur that was not reanimated fully? Or a Rock/Fire Dimetrodon? (I know that's a shit defensive typing but it could be fast, because that's not a bad offensive typing) which uses its sail thingy as a solar panel? Idk.