Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

The possible different Eeveelutions are 6!/2! (because the 65 stat comes twice) which brings us to... 360 different Eevees

Our possible eevees are 18^2=324 . Since types A/B and B/A are the same this is 324/2=162

We have more than enough combinations :D

But what if it's an EPIC Sheep moon legendary?

It better be good. Otherwise it's becoming stew during Easter, as is customary where I come from.

Zoroark is a fox and is based on the same folktales that Ninetales, Delphox, and Alakazam are based on.

They have done the whole "same creature/folktale but through a different perspective" a ton of times. A few other examples are Tyranitar/Feraligatr, and Xatu/Hawlucha who are based on Godzilla and Kachina Warriors respectively. While the four previously mentioned are based on the kitsune.

Also, if the box art legends were a lion and a sheep, what would they be based on? Every box art legend since gen two have been based on something.

If it's a lion it'd probably be the Neimoidian lion from the Hercules myths, as for sheep I have no idea.

Edit: well Dilimiter, it's sky form is in Ubers because fuck serene grace air slash, so that's something

Edited by YinYang9705

The namean lion has no affiliation with the sun. Trust me on that one. The only lions affiliated with the sun that I know of is Shisaa. And shiisaa's rival was a sea serpent.

I make one innocuous connection of a double a in Lunaala to a sheep and suddenly people start taking it seriously.

I doubt it'll be that. Just saying.

I have seen people speculate with less than that :P

As for the names of the legendaries I still believe that these will not be the ones. As I stated Gamefreak tends to give legendaries the same name for English and Japanese, and If these are trademarked only in japan they should have trademark it worldwide!

Taken from another poster at another forum, an alternative theory:

SOLGALEO --> SOL + GALEO

Sol (Spanish) = Sun

Galeo

The genus name Cirrhigaleus is derived from the Latin "cirrus" which means curl fringe and the Greek "galeo" meaning a shark. The species name asper is derived from Latin, meaning rough.

LUNAALA --> LUNA + ALA

Luna (Spanish) = Moon

Ala

In Greek seems to mean, "defending man".
In Spanish means "wing"
In latin means "wing"

I would totally go for a sun shark and a moon owl. Sun shark could be fire/electric and moon owl could be ice/fairy.

I did already post those theories too ^ as possible options to meanings

Options for solgaleo so far were including:

sun lion

sun shark

sun ?_? galileo

But I think what makes the most sense for Lunaala since it's japanese is Lunarla (that's what usually happens when you have an extended a anyway)

Maybe someone wants to try digging some info about possible meanings of "aala" or "arla"

Personally, I'd be disappointed if I were to see another avian legend..There are too many, even if Yveltal became my favorite legend and all..

Can't picture a rabbit being a cover legend, it's too small, so is a sheep kind of but they can spin that to make it legendary..

Even so, I can't really picture a sheep connecting to the moon, but a lion can connect to the sun easily. Gamefreak may tend to use the same names but sometimes they're merely romanized like Arceus (japanese is aruseusu) and yet the movie dubs pronounce it ar-key-us ... But anyway, point being... yeah, these are not confirmed to be pokemon -related , but it seems like too much of a coincidence to trademark SOL and LUNA names ..like..right at this time period when things are getting revealed soon and whatnot. We shall find out soon hopefully... All this makes me believe the game is far from being finalized even and that's why we don't get shown footage or pictures

I would personally want a wolf moon legend. We don't even have a pure wolf pokemon yet.. So why not a werewolf? (Things like Manectric and Mightyena aren't really pure wolves, nor are their designs so yeah)

SOLGALEO --> SOL + GALEO

Sol (Spanish) = Sun

Galeo

The genus name Cirrhigaleus is derived from the Latin "cirrus" which means curl fringe and the Greek "galeo" meaning a shark. The species name asper is derived from Latin, meaning rough.

LUNAALA --> LUNA + ALA

Luna (Spanish) = Moon

Ala

In Spanish means "wing"

In latin means "wing"

I would totally go for a sun shark and a moon owl. Sun shark could be fire/electric and moon owl could be ice/fairy.

Galeos is a form of shark commonly fished in the Mediterranean sea, but I have no idea what "Ala" would mean. It's definitely NOT "defending man"

SOLGALEO --> SOL + GALEO

Sol (Spanish) = Sun

Galeo

LUNAALA --> LUNA + ALA

Luna (Spanish) = Moon

Ala

In Spanish means "wing"

In latin means "wing"

Ah, makes sense!

Although, I'm just putting this out there and it seems unlikely, but in Japanese, Chinese, and Korean mythology, the moon is represented by a rabbit with a mortar and pestle. Doesn't fit with the names though, and werewolves as mentioned by others, are associated with the moon. We might see some pokemon based on these concepts. The phoenix and three-legged bird are also associated with the sun, however seeing as we have Ho-oh which is definitely based on a phoenix, and Moltres, who shares traits of a phoenix. We also just got Talonflame, and I don't think we're due for another firebird anytime soon. The three-legged bird is based on a crow, however, but seeing as Lunaala has the "ala" in its name, seems unlikely unless they wanted to switch it up, which also seems unlikely.

I'm trying to figure out the logos too and how they might fit into the design.

But, speaking of shark, I think of the basking shark, like "basking in the sun"

Could be a cool play on words

Brim and End are also translations of Ala. Perhaps in reference to an eclipse or how the moon has cycles? Brim refers to brim of a hat, and looking at Moon's logo, the "wings" kind of look like the brim of a hat. I don't think it's a hat pokemon though haha

End refers to football though (I'm assuming they mean soccer?) But if this is a spanish region, it could be a play on words, seeing as soccer is super popular in Europe, Spain especially

I would love a moon sheep though! It fits in with the whole "counting sheep" thing

On a side note, I would love zodiac pokemon!

Edited by Kagamine

So um, suprised no one's mentioned that the same guy trademarked what appear to be the names of 4 other Pokemon.

Mokuroh - Appears to be a grass type due to "Moku" meaning "wood" or "tree" in Japanese. Most believe it's the grass starter. Also maybe it's just me, but it might be a bird too. It sounds like a bird's name.

Ashimari - "Ashika" means "sea lion", so people think this is the water starter.

Nyabby - Due to process of elimination, everyone thinks this is gonna be the fire starter. Wether it is or not, it's obviously a cat. You can't come up with a name that's more "cat" than "nya" and "tabby".

Marshadow - The odd one out of the bunch. A lot of people think this is the third legendary due to "Mars" being in the name.

So um, suprised no one's mentioned that the same guy trademarked what appear to be the names of 4 other Pokemon.

Mokuroh - Appears to be a grass type due to "Moku" meaning "wood" or "tree" in Japanese. Most believe it's the grass starter. Also maybe it's just me, but it might be a bird too. It sounds like a bird's name.

Ashimari - "Ashika" means "sea lion", so people think this is the water starter.

Nyabby - Due to process of elimination, everyone thinks this is gonna be the fire starter. Wether it is or not, it's obviously a cat. You can't come up with a name that's more "cat" than "nya" and "tabby".

Marshadow - The odd one out of the bunch. A lot of people think this is the third legendary due to "Mars" being in the name.

I saw it around forums, but was too lazy to find the post again with the exact names and wellp. Once again, all these seem like pokemon names so it's like too much of a coincidence to be just random trademarks..

I think Mokurou is going to be the little woodpecker whose design we saw in the reveal trailer (It fits the name at least) People speculated that it could be a word play between wood and kurou -crow . And we always see the local birds first, sometimes even before starters so wellp. Gonna bet on that

Following that, I hope these are not going to be the starters or their names... So far the prospect of a mere fire tabby or a sea lion starter disappoints me.. Also I'm still gonna believe in the fire starter= chinese zodiac theory ...that said, a tabby (tiger-ish cat) would fit the tiger that's still left on the chinese zodiac..hmmm

Marshadow could indeed be a play on words mars+shadow, but it could also be from "to mar" , to taint/impair/disfigure something so... could be a dark ghost type?

Small edit:

Was reading about Masuda having been to Spain for research and theories about new games being based on Spain.. so I looked around for Spain pictures of places and general environment to see what we could possibly expect if it were based on Spain...

Came across this 15706728-Old-city-hall-of-the-city-of-Ca

It is not as similar as the singaporean hotel picture, but I'd say it does kind of also resemble that screenshot we saw

Edited by Masquerain

I'm actually hyped for a Fire-type Ox or Ram. They also follow the Zodiacs, so it's a nice surprize of a mon.

As for Water, I'm not a fan of a dolphin being a starter. On the contrary, I would enjoy a Newt or a Rhino.

Grass is trickier but something that resembles a Koala would be nice.

A Koala would instantly replace Pikachu as the fan favorite (hopefully).

Pikachu is not even a fan favorite imo, just something forced down your throat by every pokemon franchise

Would not mind a koala grass starter at all, but I'd hope it doesn't evolve into a blob

Pikachu is not even a fan favorite imo, just something forced down your throat by every pokemon franchise

Would not mind a koala grass starter at all, but I'd hope it doesn't evolve into a blob

As long as it's not another Grass/Fighting I'll be happy to own it.

What secondary types do you believe (or want) the starters to have?

For the fire starter, I'd like a secondary type of dark. I think that this has the potential for a really cool design and it would be a nice type.

For the water starter, I'd like ghost. I think that they could have a really haunting design for like a ghostly sea lion (it would be slightly more majestic than the real ones) if they are in fact going with that.

For the grass starter I'd like Fairy. I want the grass one to be the cute one this time (if it is I might actually use it). I think that a little grass fairy thing would be super cute (just look at whimsicott). I'd also be happy with grass electric.

Fire-Ice. Okay, more realistically, Fire-Fighting. Okay, more seriously, Fire-RAWK. Or Electric, I guess that could be cool

Water-Electric

Grass-Fire. Okay, no. Grass-Electric.

(In case it has not been made clear, I like my electric types <3 )