Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

New pokemon revealed, its name is Turtonator and is Fire/Dragon with Shell Armor.

apparently Turtonator is mix of Bowser and Deku Scrub from the LoZ franchise! 11/10 best pokemon ever created!!! Also, it would be an awesome pokemon to have the Fire/Grass typing...

Details about it:

Because Turtonator lives on volcanoes, feeding on sulfur and other materials found near volcanic craters, its shell has a layer of explosive material¡ªmostly sulfur. When something strikes this Pok¨¦mon, sparks fly from the horns on its shell, igniting an explosion! In areas around volcanic craters, this Pok¨¦mon camouflages itself as a rock and waits for prey. At the moment when its prey steps onto the back of its shell, Turtonator strikes its shell with its own tail, triggering an explosion! The explosive blasts triggered from Turtonator¡¯s back are released through an orifice located on the middle front of the Pok¨¦mon¡¯s body. This is Turtonator¡¯s weak point. Attacks landing on its stomach will cause it a great deal of damage.

Edited by pyrromanis

also the Normal Z-Move was revealed at Gamescom

it's called "Hyper Sprintangriff" in german - which translates into "Hyper Sprint Attack" - so basically a super powered Quick Attack... :D

Or Extremespeed on steroids!

Or Bolt just doing a casual 100m sprint :P

New pokemon revealed, its name is Turtonator and is Fire/Dragon with Shell Armor.

apparently Turtonator is mix of Bowser and Deku Scrub from the LoZ franchise! 11/10 best pokemon ever created!!! Also, it would be an awesome pokemon to have the Fire/Grass typing...

Details about it:

Because Turtonator lives on volcanoes, feeding on sulfur and other materials found near volcanic craters, its shell has a layer of explosive material¡ªmostly sulfur. When something strikes this Pok¨¦mon, sparks fly from the horns on its shell, igniting an explosion! In areas around volcanic craters, this Pok¨¦mon camouflages itself as a rock and waits for prey. At the moment when its prey steps onto the back of its shell, Turtonator strikes its shell with its own tail, triggering an explosion! The explosive blasts triggered from Turtonator¡¯s back are released through an orifice located on the middle front of the Pok¨¦mon¡¯s body. This is Turtonator¡¯s weak point. Attacks landing on its stomach will cause it a great deal of damage.

So I've got another turtle pokemon to play with. Totally saving a slot on my team for this guy. Although I've never been a fan of the soft-shelled turtle look.

Gulf_Coast_Spiny_Softshell_Turtle.jpg

but hey, turtledragon.

I would be surprised if torkoal didn't get this new shell trap fire move.

So I've got another turtle pokemon to play with. Totally saving a slot on my team for this guy. Although I've never been a fan of the soft-shelled turtle look.

Gulf_Coast_Spiny_Softshell_Turtle.jpg

but hey, turtledragon.

I would be surprised if torkoal didn't get this new shell trap fire move.

Yeah, it's tottaly going to be in my team too! Probably is going to become a new favorite, behind Emboar and Lucario!

My team so far will look like this: Popplio's evo, Vikavolt, Turtonator, an Alola-form mon (leaning towards Marowak at moment) and Lunaala (yes, I'm a scumbag that uses legendaries in his 1st playthrough...). Now I'm waiting for an awesome flying or grass type to be revealed and settle my 6-member team.

Trailer for 4 new Pokemon:

Crabrawler... why isn't it Water/Fighting???

Stufful literally has a little tag under its tail for washing instructions xD

Sandygast - Water Compaction ability is NICE - raises Defence by 2 stages when hit with Water-Type attack... in the trailer we don't se if it's absorbed or it still takes the damage because the video cuts away to show the ability activating...

Pokemon website doesn't say the attack is absorbed, so damage should be taken normaly by Water Compaction...

also ironically Stufful is pretty popular due to it's soft fur... but it doesn't like to be hugged, and will flail it's arms at people who try to... (unlike int's evolution)

and holy shit... Sandygast and Palosands Pokedex entries on the Pokemon website are horryfing! I mean... ok they are ghost-type but... wow...

edited in the spoiler-tag

Edited by Cepheus

I love Crabrawler! With that eye half-closed he looks like a cross between a gentleman boxer and Rocky Balboa...and a crab. Haha.

EDIT: Just realized a fight between Crabrawler and Hitmonchan would essentially be Balrog vs Dudley!

Going to have to change my LP outros to "Hit that LIKE button like a Crabrawler..." now. I know that the sand castles get a lot of hate, but I think their actually really cool as well. So far, really looking forward to Sun and Moon! Plan on riding to victory on the back of Mudsdale whilst Crabrawler pawnches anything in the way at this point.

Edited by CodeCass

I feel like Palossand is a bust Pokemon. Unless its stats are astronomical, the ability really does not compliment it at all. First, you have to take a super effective hit, which is going to hurt no matter what, and no one wants to switch into a super effective hit for just a defense boost. We even see that Shellder's Razor Shell takes sandygast down to about 1/3 HP. The defense boost isn't going to save it from another Razor Shell.

Also consider that most Water-Type moves are special. There are quite a few physical Water-Types, but I feel like you're more likely to run into Scald users rather than Razor Shell or Waterfall. There might be some wildcard elements that could save Palossand, but things are looking pretty grim.

As for Stufful, I'm curious about what its stats will look like as an un-evolved Pokemon. It looks pretty babyish, and thus might be on the low end of stats. But if it has something closer to a Pokemon like Ponyta or Sneasel, with its points in the high 300s - low 400s, it might be a powerful eviolite user. Halving contact moves with Fluffy, and all damage with eviolite could make it insanely bulky against physical attackers. We'll have to see.

Even if Palossand isn't that great I'm still going to use it. I really like it's designs.

Also goodness they are announcing so many Pokemon. We've gotten so many this month and yet we're still three months away from launch. It makes me wonder just how many Pokemon will be in this game.

If the sand castle poke-line has the movepool to threaten water types, you can give them the water reducing berry to safely get the boost + get rid of the opposing water type

Didn't think of that, actually. It still seems like a lot of work for a defense boost though, even if its a +2. Attack/Special Attack or Speed would've been much more threatening, though those wouldn't make sense based on the name of the ability.

I think the idea of a Pokemon based on a sandcastle is a fun one, but I don't think the execution was that great. I mentioned this in another post, but I much prefer Pokemon who take their themes and use them to inspire design choices, like the Scraggy line using its dead skin as baggy pants and a hoodie. I just feel like Palossand is just a sandcastle with a face, and that disappoints me a bit.

Is it confirmed that the sandcastles take damage from water type attacks? We don't actually see the hp bar move in the trailer.

Well abilities that negate Type-damage in exchange for boosts, such as Flash Fire or Storm Drain, prevent attack animations from happening in the first place. Instead, nothing plays, you see the ability activate, and it's effect occurs. With the trailer, not only does the Razor Shell animation play, but Sandygast is clearly showing the animation that it was just struck, and you hear the super-effective sound effect.

Even if they changed failed attacks and attacks that miss to show the animation, I doubt that the target Pokemon would react.

For anyone wondering why Crabrawler isn't Water/Fighting, it's based on the Coconut Crab, a species of giant hermit crab that is fully terrestrial and drowns in water. I think it has potential to evolve into something pretty cool, but I'm not a fan of it at the moment, nor do I like the other three pokemon that were just revealed.

For anyone wondering why Crabrawler isn't Water/Fighting, it's based on the Coconut Crab, a species of giant hermit crab that is fully terrestrial and drowns in water. I think it has potential to evolve into something pretty cool, but I'm not a fan of it at the moment, nor do I like the other three pokemon that were just revealed.

Not all Pokemon based on aquatic or semi-aquatic animals need to be Water-Type. Most have been because that's usually as far as Game Freak goes, but with the proper style and theme, you can very well justify other type-combinations under the sea. Stunfisk isn't the most glamorous example, but it is an example none-the-less.