Gods of Atlantis: A White 2 Water Monotype

Fumble

jGGwKuU.png

40px-Coral-Eye_Badge.png50px-Trio_Badge.png50px-Cascade_Badge.png50px-Rain_Badge.png50px-Fen_Badge.png50px-Wave_Badge.png50px-Medal-challenge3.png

So this is a Water Monotype in Pokemon White 2, if you haven't already seen my post in the Nuzlocke Challenges! thread. The concept of this run is kinda similar to Lord Chespin's The Successors of Atlantis run in Pokemon Rejuvenation, but I couldn't think of a name for this, okay? :x

I chose Water types because I thought it would be easy with Azumarill and Jellicent available to me, but I didn't realize that the only Fishing Rod available was the Super Rod, which is post game, plus many of the good and diverse Water types like Seismitoad were also late/post game... I guess it's better than most of the other types, though. But anyway, wish me luck!

Rules~

1. I am only allowed to use Pokemon that are Water type (including dual types), Pokemon that will evolve into Water types (i.e. Bidoof, which evolves into the Normal/Water type Bibarel), or unevolved Pokemon that are still Water type but will not be after evolving (which would be... post game Surskit and unexisting Skrelp...). I can, however, catch utility Pokemon (i.e. Patrat for HM Cut) and Legendary Pokemon, as well as keep Gift Pokemon in the P.C. if I desire.

2. I cannot lose a battle, meaning getting all of my usable Pokemon wiped out. If I do, I lose the run.

3. I can only use regular Pokeballs to catch Water type Pokemon. For special Pokemon and Legendaries, since I'm not using them, I can use other types of Pokeballs like Dusk Balls.

4. All of my Pokemon I am using must be nicknamed, and the theme is gods and goddesses.

5. I will be playing on Normal Mode because I don't have Challenge Mode yet, apparently...

My current team is below~

Current Team:

Badges: 8 (Currently at Humilau City)

503.pngPoseidon

581.pngAphrodite

593-f.png Hera

121.pngZeus

224.pngNike

365.pngPersephone

Boxed:

593.pngP.B. (Named by Red)

550.pngMagikarp 2 (Named by Red)

516.pngMorpheus

055.pngDionysus

594.pngHestia

419.pngHebe

550-blue.pngAres

226.pngHephaestus
279.pngIris
134.pngAthena

087.pngDemeter

184.pngArtemis

320.pngNemesis
222.pngHecate

On the Hunt / Evolve:

321.png131.png

And now a recap of everything I've done so far before beating Clay~ (You may or may want to skip this, but I'll just spoiler it because it's pretty long and a bit boring since I just wrote all this right now from memory...)

Obviously, my starter I get from Bianca was Oshawott.

501.gif

Poseidon is probably the best Gen 5 starter because of his extensive movepool, as well as great offensive stats and decent bulk and HP. Plus he's really cute as an Oshawott~ <3

Hugh's Snivy goes down fairly quickly with Tackle spam. Get the Town Map, 10 Pokeballs, and Running Shoes, do the catch-a-Pokemon tutorial with Bianca, catch a Patrat solely for HM Cut, meet Alder, etc. At Flocessy Ranch, I find my first Pokemon to join Poseidon - Artemis the female Azurill!

298.gif

Artemis will be an amazing Pokemon, especially with Huge Power and a decent enough moveset... when she evolves. Thing is, Artemis must hate me or something because it will be a while until she finally does...

Hugh's second battle is easy, since it's just more Tackle spam. Afterwards, Cheren is just Water Gun spam (changing it up now!) I use up a Potion because his Lillipup actually hurts Poseidon quite a bit, especially after Patrat weakened him up before going down. Afterwards, in addition to winning the Basic Badge, Poseidon evolves into Dewott!

502.gif

Bianca gives me the TM for Return, which I immediately teach to Artemis, since she can use it when she evolves (which is when she will be at max happiness). I train up in Virbank Complex before doing anything important, as I can get the TM for Rock Smash, which I teach to both Poseidon and Artemis, as I'd like both to be physically offensive.

Pokestar Studios, as always, is boring. Roxie is a bit harder than Cheren, especially since Poseidon is my only useful member, but Razor Shell (which I got just a while before her) spam works against her. The Poison status did hurt a bit, though, but I eventually win the Toxic Badge! Side note, I really like

Castelia City is up next, and it gives me a whole lot of Items, most notably the Bicycle (<3) Mystic Water (which I give to Poseidon), the Exp. Share (which I give to Artemis), a few TMs, the Amulet Coin, the Eviolite and the Quick Claw! However, at this point I find out that I miss Psyduck back at Flocessy Ranch (which could've been great for Roxie with Confusion) and I have to backtrack all the way. And... it takes a while... That's probably the reason why I haven't seen anybody use it...

054.gif

Dionysus is a cool Pokemon, despite never evolving into a Water/Psychic type like he should. He evolves a little late, but his Psychic type moves will be pretty handy since Staryu isn't available yet.

From there, I explore all of Castelia Sewers and beat all the Trainers and the Plasma Grunts with Hugh. Meanwhile, Artemis finally evolves at level 18! And... Artemis became transgender and turned into a boy... Okay then. Another level up, and Artemis evolves again into Azumarill, which is now my strongest member!

184.gif

I switch the Exp. Share on Artemis in favor of a Quick Claw, and I give Poseidon the Exp. Share instead. Onto Castelia Park to find my next team member, Eevee... which takes me about 3 hours to find. I swear, the 5% chance they say is a lie. More like 0.000001%... And plus, even though I used money for Repels and caught a level 18 Audino to find one, I just kept running in the grass without even finding a single Pokemon.

133.gif

Even though it will be a while until Athena will get a Water type move after evolving, he will have great HP, Special Defense, and Special Attack. I don't want to train him yet, as he will be getting Aurora Beam soon as a Vaporeon, however...

Onto Castelia Gym! And this was actually harder than I expected... Swadloon went down somewhat quickly after a Confusion from Dionysus and Fury Cutter spam by Poseidon, but Dionysus faints already and Poseidon is low on health. And even though Leavanny is Burgh's ace Pokemon, he decides to send it out next. I don't actually know what to do here, since Leavanny probably would take out any Water type I had, so I decide to send out Athena. I know Athena can't do much just by using Quick Attack, so I decide to use Sand Attack... and what do you know, the Sand Attack works! I manage to get another two off before Leavanny ends up killing Athena, when I send out Artemis. Leavanny misses a Razor Leaf, and Artemis takes it out with a Return. Dwebble faints from a Bubblebeam, winning me the Insect Badge!

Going to Route 4 next. I get the Dowsing Machine and defeat Colress rather quickly, with just a few Razor Shells from Poseidon. There's not much to note about, really, nor about the Desert Resort (aside from all the freaking Sigilyphs that are a pain to fight and keep fainting at least one of my Pokemon). I get two shops up that I'll probably never use in Join Avenue (a Cafe and a Gym), and in Nimbasa, there still isn't much notable. I do go to Gear Station and participate in 14 battles in the Multi-Battle Train, relying on Rosa's Outrage spamming Haxorus and bad AI Chandelure to take everything out for me. As a result, I win 6 BP, which I use on 2 Water Stones to use on Athena later and a possible future member. Also, I make Artemis win an Elegant Musical for the heck of it.

I decide not to actually catch a Panpour in Lostlorn Forest because really? 10% encounter rate isn't bad, but it's in RUSTLING GRASS. That's, in my opinion, already worse than Eevee. All Panpour really has to offer, in my opinion, is early Scald and Acrobatics.

Elesa was a horrible fight... Psyduck was out first, being my most expendable member. Emolga Volt Switches on him, into Flaaffy. Psyduck heavily damages it with two Water Pulses, but gets taken out eventually. Poseidon takes it out, however, with a Razor Shell... but gets Paralyzed due to Static. Emolga comes out and Volt Switches on Poseidon into Zebstrika, which I use a Razor Shell on. Zebstrika, however, finishes it off. Azumarill luckily outspeeds with Quick Claw and uses Return on it, defeating it. While Elesa switches Emolga back in, I send out Athena to reuse the Sand Attack strategy... and Athena actually lives a Volt Switch and manages to get one off! Emolga keeps using Quick Attack, which all miss, and I keep getting Sand Attacks off. After a while, I switch in Artemis safely, and defeat it with a Aqua Tail, getting the Bolt Badge! And I also evolve Athena right after.

134.gif

I catch the Skill Link Minccino in the Hidden Grotto Bianca shows you, and permabox it. Mr. Heartbreaker Charles' fight is fairly easy - Archen and Tirtouga go down to STAB Water moves, and Sigilyph eventually cannot live all of my Pokemon focusing on it. On Driftveil Bridge, I get my first permanent female Pokemon, a Ducklett!

580.gif

Even with just average stats, Aphrodite's Flying typing makes her a very nice Pokemon that I'll definitely be keeping. Besides, I obviously need her for Fly (which I get fairly soon from Bianca in Driftveil City)...

Also, I kinda dislike Hugh because even though his mission to get back his sister's Purrloin is admirable and a refreshing change to the regular rivals, I don't really like his personality all that much. Like, all he goes on about is getting stronger to save that Purrloin. Plus, he doesn't trust the reformed Team Plasma Grunts who have apologized to him and are actually trying to help the stolen Pokemon and the Trainers they stole Pokemon from...

Anyway, in Driftveil, I buy a bunch of stuff from the Market, grab a bunch of free Items, fight Charles again in a Rotation battle this time, get N's Zorua and permabox it, and explore Route 5 and get the Serene Grace Deerling (another permabox). After all that business, I challenge Clay's Gym!

This puzzle is actually fairly challenging to me. Not when you first go in, though. I always keep getting lost when I have to return to the exit to heal my Pokemon, and then I get more lost when I have to retrace my steps to find Clay again. But anyway, the Trainers are obviously easy (I mean, they're using Ground types), and Clay himself is also easy. Really, it was just spamming Water moves, so I don't actually remember what I did... But I have the Quake Badge, which is what counts?

Clay invites Hugh and me to go to the PWT, where I'm currently at. I'm trying to also grind my Pokemon, specifically Poseidon, Dionysus, and Aphrodite until they evolve. Route 4 seems like a nice place for that, since the most common Pokemon there are Darumaka and Sandile, both weak to Water. Also, I have yet to check out the part in Route 16 that's past the Strength boulder...

Current Team:

Badges: 5 (Currently at Pokemon World Tournament / Grinding)

502.pngPoseidon ~ Lv. 31: Razor Shell, Rock Smash, Fury Cutter, Tackle (I dunno why I haven't replaced Tackle yet...)

054.pngDionysus ~ Lv. 29: Water Pulse, Zen Headbutt, Strength, Flash

184.pngArtemis ~ Lv. 33: Return, Aqua Tail, Rock Smash, Dig

134.pngAthena ~ Lv. 26: Aurora Beam, Sand Attack, Bite, Aqua Ring

580.pngAphrodite ~ Lv. 24: Fly, Water Pulse, Aqua Ring, FeatherDance

And that's everything I've done so far! I have school and stuff so this run won't have a schedule or anything, but I'm excited because soon I'll finally have Surf, which will get me quite a few new Pokemon. So... thanks for reading, I guess~ kbai.

The last playthrough I finished was a water run in White 2 actually, I'm at post game right now doing PWT. The regional leaders are kicking my butt though lol.

TBH Oshawott(or rather Samurott) I ended up boxing because he wasn't hitting as hard as I had liked. I'd recommend Basculin as he's quite fast, has aqua jet, can learn final gambit which is MAD useful for softening up otherwise difficult opponents, and adaptibility + any attack boosting item lets him hit quite hard, harder than Samurott IMO. He's very underrated and after my water run I gained a newfound respect for him.

Azumarill is a great member, granted it's speed hurts it later on but I still use mine regularly.

I suggest getting Starmie or Cloyster when you can. Both are fantastic pokemon.

Vaporeon is really good too,as is Jellicent, but Vaporeon is a bit limited offensively. She can last a long time though, as can Jellicent who is also one of the few natural status inflicters you have access to.

Swanna is useful for flying and grass/bug types as well as rain dance but it's not going to be your best. It's decent support.at least.

The last playthrough I finished was a water run in White 2 actually, I'm at post game right now doing PWT. The regional leaders are kicking my butt though lol.

TBH Oshawott(or rather Samurott) I ended up boxing because he wasn't hitting as hard as I had liked. I'd recommend Basculin as he's quite fast, has aqua jet, can learn final gambit which is MAD useful for softening up otherwise difficult opponents, and adaptibility + any attack boosting item lets him hit quite hard, harder than Samurott IMO. He's very underrated and after my water run I gained a newfound respect for him.

Azumarill is a great member, granted it's speed hurts it later on but I still use mine regularly.

I suggest getting Starmie or Cloyster when you can. Both are fantastic pokemon.

Vaporeon is really good too,as is Jellicent, but Vaporeon is a bit limited offensively. She can last a long time though, as can Jellicent who is also one of the few natural status inflicters you have access to.

Swanna is useful for flying and grass/bug types as well as rain dance but it's not going to be your best. It's decent support.at least.

I dunno if I really want to box Poseidon, but I just might... I'll definitely give Basculin a try, though.

I knew Starmie would be a great Pokemon to use, but I didn't know Cloyster was available. I might use it; it definitely gets a few nice moves, plus a massive Defense.

Jellicent is a definite member on my team once I get it, since it's one of my favorites! I might box Vaporeon later on, seeing how I've used one before in Platinum.

Thanks for the advice! Kinda scared for PWT when I get to it though, rip. Good luck~

Just a random question but, what's the font style you used for the first post?? The headers and the structuring of the post is marvelous. :D

I wish you good luck in this run per usual!!

The font is Trebuchet. The "Gods of Atlantis" was made in a logo creating website with the font Loki Cola, instead!

And thanks Shia~

Short and minor update! I explore the part of Route 16 past the Strength boulder to get TM Payback, bought all the TMs from Nimbasa Pokemon Center, got three new shops in Join Avenue (two Raffles and one Salon), and leveled up Join Avenue as well.

After that, I actually go back to Lostlorn Forest and wait an hour until I finally find Panpour! It isn't too bad, being like my seventh shaking grass encounter, but strangely I kept running into Vespiquens? And they have only a 5% chance of appearing...

515.gif

Morpheus, the god of dreams, got his name because I never thought in my wildest dreams I'd be able to find one (and his eyes are closed like he's sleeping I guess). Getting an early Scald-er is handy, and it does get some nice moves like Acrobatics and Shadow Claw, but I doubt it'll be staying on my team for too long. I taught it Cut to replace my old Patrat.

Afterward, I explore Relic Passage and try to get every Item there and beat every Trainer. I also find Relic Cave, get the Sun Stone and Ultra Ball there, and attempt to catch the Volcarona. Firstly, I send out the as bulky as ever Vaporeon and started spamming Sand Attack until it was at -6 Accuracy. Vaporeon's Leftovers and Aqua Ring combination allowed it to heal quite a bit, too. But it really can't do much with Aurora Beam, and Flame Body burns it after Bite does a considerable amount of damage, so I switch it into Aphrodite, who had gained a considerable amount of levels before. I use two Water Pulses to bring it down very low, and then some Featherdances to lower the power of its Gust. Aphrodite faints, so I send out Artemis. After that, I begin to chuck Pokeballs at it, and I use up all of my Great Balls, Ultra Balls, Premier Balls, and quite a few Pokeballs, until a Timer Ball finally catches it! Volcarona is permaboxed afterward.

With most of my Pokemon fainted and the entirety of the cavern explored, I use Dig to escape. After healing, I obtain another Rocky Helmet from a worker. I go back inside Relic Passage to grind up a bit more, and Dionysus finally evolves!

055.gif

Then I'm forced into the PWT by Clay and Hugh, and I find that Cheren and Hugh will be participating in the next tournament, which I'll be fighting in the next part.

Again, very brief, but this took me about three hours to do (I kept running into Wild Pokemon instead of the Rustling Grass to get Panpour and had no Repels T-T). But to finish it off...

Current Team:

Badges: 5 (Currently at Pokemon World Tournament)

502.pngPoseidon ~ Lv. 32: Razor Shell, Dig, Fury Cutter, Rock Smash
055.pngDionysus ~ Lv. 33: Water Pulse, Zen Headbutt, Flash, Strength
184.pngArtemis ~ Lv. 33: Return, Aqua Tail, Rock Smash, Light Screen
134.pngAthena ~ Lv. 29: Aurora Beam, Sand Attack, Bite, Aqua Ring
580.pngAphrodite ~ Lv. 30: Fly, Water Pulse, Roost, FeatherDance

515.pngMorpheus ~ Lv. 22: Scald, Cut, Bite, Dig

• 2 weeks later...

Hihi okay new kinda late part gogogo

The PWT Driftveil Tournament isn't too hard, seeing that all the opponents were level 25. Athena sweeps Hugh, then Athena and Artemis are able to take down Cheren and Colress. Easy.

After that, I go back to Route 6 and get HM Surf from Cheren, which I teach to both Dionysus and Aphrodite, in replacement of Water Pulse. With this, I can now catch four new Pokemon: Basculin, Frillish, Alomomola, and Buizel.

550-blue.gif

Ares is a very strong and speedy Pokemon, with Adaptability + Mystic Water or an Incense + Aqua Jet. He also gets some useful coverage moves like Crunch, which makes him a pretty solid Pokemon. I'm not sure if I want to keep him late game, but I'll definitely use him for now.

frillish-f.gif

Hera is an amazing Pokemon when she evolves, as she has some great stats and a large movepool including things like Energy Ball (which I obtain from surfing to a little strip of land).

594.gif

Hestia kinda sucks... It doesn't get Regenerator, as that's a hidden Ability, and it doesn't have much offense, unlike Athena. Into the box you go!

418.gif

Hebe is really cool, with a great Speed and good offensive stats that can make her a mixed attacker. Unfortunately, her defensive stats make her a glass cannon... But I'll definitely be using her against Skyla, as she knows Rock Tomb, which can be useful.

So, I choose to box Dionysus and Morpheus in exchange for Hera and Hebe, since Hebe is close to evolving and Hera is level 8. I want to train them up a little in the dreaded Chargestone Cave...

So Chargestone Cave is pretty terrible. I find some useful Items, like a Nugget and a Big Nugget, but the Trainers' Electric types are very dangerous, especially when my only two Pokemon that knew Ground type moves, Poseidon and Artemis, faints. The Trainers that give me the most trouble are the Ace Trainer who fights in a Rotation Battle and the Ace Trainer with an Electabuzz. I think this might be the first time I have to use Revives, actually... On the bright side, though, Hebe evolves!

419.gif

After getting all the Items in Mistralton City, I decide to go to Route 7 and Celestial Tower instead of the Gym, as I severely need to train a bit more. Luckily for me, it's raining! Poseidon evolves quickly, and I switch him out for Ares. The Lucky Egg from Juniper is very helpful for training, but some of the Trainers really screwed me over again, like that Clefairy with Minimize, Cosmic Power, Stored Power, and Metrollnome ;-; There were some nice TMs, though, like Will-o-Wisp for Hera and X-Scissor for Poseidon.

503.gif

I eventually get bored so I decide to just wing it and go into Skyla's Gym. Hebe, even with Rock Tomb, doesn't do so well... However, Ares just destroys all of the Trainers with Adaptability Aqua Tail and Aqua Jet. By the time I get to Skyla, though, Hebe has fainted, Ares is fairly weakened, and Aphrodite is underleveled, meaning I only have Athena, Poseidon, and Artemis. The fight isn't too bad, though, as Athena takes out Swoobat with a few Aurora Beams, Poseidon uses the Razor Shell + Aqua Jet combination against Skarmory, and Artemis spams Return against Swanna. I obtain the Jet Badge! Plus, the Exp. Share is enough to bring Aphrodite to level 35, when she evolves.

581.gif

After doing the little side quest to get TM Aerial Ace, I fly over to Lentimas Town. Unfortunately, I don't have many Blue Shards to use for the Move Tutor.

I go to the Spooky House, and get the Lunar Wing and TM Shadow Ball. Not much to report there.

In Reversal Mountain, using Bianca's mystical healing abilities, I switch Ares for Hera, grind up my Pokemon to at least level 36, and Hera finally evolves and is usable now! ...That's pretty much it from there, too...

jellicent-f.gif

I finally reach Undella Town, though, and I am able to catch a few Pokemon from Seaside Cave and Undella Bay. But I'm too lazy to switch the time to winter to catch a Spheal, and I have yet to find a Wailmer or Remoraid yet. So I only have half of the encounters here...

120.gif
Zeus is the next permanent member on my team! I already have a Water Stone, so I can evolve it right now, but I'm waiting for Power Gem since the only attack it knows right now is Surf. It will be able to learn quite a few nice moves, like Thunderbolt (which is why I named it Zeus), so it's definitely a nice Pokemon to have.

458.gif

I might have used Hephaestus if I didn't already have Aphrodite. I don't like how he takes friendship to evolve, either, seeing how Artemis refused to evolve until Castelia City... Plus, he used up like 10 of my Pokeballs. :[

086.gif

Demeter really isn't too great of a Pokemon, especially when another better Water/Ice type is coming up. I really like its cuteness and all, but I unfortunately won't be using her in this run, even if she does get Perish Song.

After exploring Route 14, I decide to continue onwards when Hugh suddenly comes out of nowhere and fights me. And believe it or not, this battle actually gave me trouble (especially because I was slightly underleveled) - I actually lost for the first time. (This just fuels my dislike for Hugh...)

On my first attempt, Athena was able to defeat Unfezant with two Aurora Beams. However, when Serperior came out, it immediately went for Coil while I tried using Fly with Aphrodite. A +2 Defense Serperior easily took a hit, and a +2 Leaf Blade basically one shot everything I had...

On my second attempt, Athena again defeated Unfezant with two Aurora Beams. When Serperior comes out, I know it will use Coil again, so I start spamming Feather Dances until it is at -6 (although the +6 Defense is a bit troubling). I send out Hera after, since Aphrodite can't do much to it, and start using Shadow Balls. Even though it's at -6, though, Hera still goes down, so I have to revive it on Artemis' turn (who quickly faints from two Mega Drains). Unfortunately, Hugh uses a Hyper Potion and kills Hera again, so I have to revive her once more with Athena's turn (who also faints). This time, though, Hera is able to defeat that demonic Serperior. After that, Poseidon easily takes out Simisear, and Hugh finally lets me go...

So... that crushing defeat was a bit embarrassing, but I guess that's what I get for not grinding. Oh well. Next part, I might stay to try to catch the three Pokemon I miss or just continue to Route 13 immediately.

Current Team:

Badges: 6 (Currently at Undella Town)

503.pngPoseidon

184.pngArtemis

581.pngAphrodite

593-f.png Hera

120.pngZeus

134.pngAthena

Boxed:

592.png[unnamed]

550.png[unnamed]

515.pngMorpheus

055.pngDionysus

594.pngHestia

419.pngHebe

550-blue.pngAres

458.pngHephaestus

086.pngDemeter

Sorry for no levels + moves btw there's too many Pokemon now

also I should probably start spoilering these to save space

I remember Hugh beating me that fight too! The same exact way even, with coil + leaf blade. Dewgong wasn't too bad for me once it got ice beam actually, in fact it saved me several times. I wanted cloyster instead for sure but couldn't find him.I still have Basculin on active duty haha, he was plenty useful in PWT Unova cup and a big help against elesa(who you do NOT want to ever draw).

I remember Hugh beating me that fight too! The same exact way even, with coil + leaf blade. Dewgong wasn't too bad for me once it got ice beam actually, in fact it saved me several times. I wanted cloyster instead for sure but couldn't find him.I still have Basculin on active duty haha, he was plenty useful in PWT Unova cup and a big help against elesa(who you do NOT want to ever draw).

Yeah, Serperior really destroys Water Monotypes if you aren't prepared for it. I might use Seel/Dewgong for the time being since I'm not up to the area with Lapras, although I do have Aurora Beam on Vaporeon to help out a bit (even if it is a bit weaker...). I would definitely keep using Basculin, but I don't think he'll be doing to well against Drayden. Maybe in PWT, after I grind everyone up.

Basculin

Basculin Nicknames:

Rivanna (It’s a combination of “river” and “piranha”)

Sharptooth

Fishious (It was inspired by “ferocious”… since it is a ferocious fish xD

Preyrana

(It still sounds like Piranha but it’s a combination of “prey” and “piranha”)

Masculin

(A suitable nickname as it stresses that your Basculin is strong! >:3

Nibbles or Nibbler

(It is a more cuter nickname for a piranha & it’s another word for “bite”!)

CrazyFish

(Inspired by “Frantic”; another word for “berserk” or “crazy” which refers to a group of attacking piranhas & it’s ideal for a female Basculin)

Chomper (Its a pokemon piranha)

Weird/ Funny nicknames:

Magikarp2.0

FishyFish (Credit: My little brother)

Hooker

(It’s an ideal nickname…if you want to go that route and It’s a pun! Also check out fact no2 xD

i stole these i personally like magikarp2.0

• 3 weeks later...

Reply to Chaos~

Basculin
Basculin Nicknames:
Rivanna (It’s a combination of “river” and “piranha”)
Sharptooth
Fishious (It was inspired by “ferocious”… since it is a ferocious fish xD
Preyrana
(It still sounds like Piranha but it’s a combination of “prey” and “piranha”)
Masculin
(A suitable nickname as it stresses that your Basculin is strong! >:3
Nibbles or Nibbler
(It is a more cuter nickname for a piranha & it’s another word for “bite”!)
CrazyFish
(Inspired by “Frantic”; another word for “berserk” or “crazy” which refers to a group of attacking piranhas & it’s ideal for a female Basculin)
Chomper (Its a pokemon piranha)
Weird/ Funny nicknames:
Magikarp2.0
FishyFish (Credit: My little brother)
Hooker
(It’s an ideal nickname…if you want to go that route and It’s a pun! Also check out fact no2 xD
i stole these i personally like magikarp2.0

I chose Magikarp 2.0 for Basculin's name, but sadly, due to the nickname limit of 10 letters, I had to shorten both to P.B. and Magikarp 2 :[

Before I go on Route 13, I decide that I'll use Demeter for the time being, since she has the strongest Ice type move so far, which will be helpful for Drayden. Athena goes into the box, as I've used so many Vaporeons. I also take care of my Join Avenue, getting up to level 3 and filling up most of the shop spaces.

Anyway, on Route 13, I have another new Pokemon I can get: Pelipper!

279.gif

Iris could've been a nice Pokemon on the team if I didn't already have Aphrodite... Welp, into the box you go.

After exploring the whole route, I find the first Sword of Justice waiting for me - Coballion. Luckily, I had taught Zeus my Thunder Wave TM before hand, and since Coballion can't kill me in one hit, it is paralyzed quickly. After that, since Coballion can't really touch Hera (the only move it can use is Iron Head, which I resist), I just start chipping away at its HP with Shadow Ball. A few Ultra and Dusk Balls later, and Coballion is caught!

In Lacunosa Town, I buy the TM for Blizzard (I forgot that Blizzard was so early owo) and give it to Demeter and Hera to use. After that, I take down Zinzolin and his Grunt fairly quickly with Hugh by my side. I forgot what happened, as it was a really minor fight, but Demeter evolves afterward.

087.gif

There's not much to say from Route 12 besides Zeus finally learns Power Gem and I decide to evolve it with one of my Water Stones.

121.gif

Village Bridge really hates me. I try to find hopefully the next member of my team, but the game just won't give me a Lapras, and I finally give up. I can't say how long I waited for the rippling water to finally give me the 5% Pokemon ;-;

Proceeding to Route 11 for now. I use the same strategy as before - Zeus paralyzes it (and is much faster now that its evolved), while Hera tries to wall it (it doesn't use that many Giga Drains, surprisingly). It takes a lot longer to catch than Coballion, though, that's for sure...

I head to Route 9 and the Shopping Mall Nine to get a bit more training in and restock up on items, and I finally head into Drayden's Gym. Hera and Demeter just spam Blizzard, getting me past every single Trainer in that Gym, and Drayden's battle just is Demeter spams Blizzard until Druddigon faints, Haxorus beats Demeter, Hera uses Blizzard until Haxorus faints, Flygon beats Hera, and Poseidon uses Razor Shell until Flygon faints. The battle for the Legend Badge was very... simple, compared to most of my other fights.

I have to fight Zinzolin once again, as well as some Plasma Grunts and one of those ninja dudes from the first game (apparently they're Shadows?), but Zeus takes care of all the Grunts while Poseidon and Artemis take out the Ice and Dark types.

Onwards to Humilau City! But, it's winter in B2W2 now, so I guess I can catch Spheal in Undella Town, so I'll make sure to do that in the next part.

Current Team:

Badges: 7 (Currently at Undella Town)

503.pngPoseidon

184.pngArtemis

581.pngAphrodite

593-f.png Hera

121.pngZeus
087.pngDemeter

Boxed:

592.pngP.B. (Named by Red)

515.pngMorpheus

055.pngDionysus

594.pngHestia

419.pngHebe

550-blue.pngAres

458.pngHephaestus

279.pngIris
134.pngAthena

On the Hunt for:

365.png224.png321.png131.png222.png

Just wondering, which Pokemon would you suggest for being in my final team? All I have so far is Poseidon, Hera, Aphrodite, and Zeus. Lapras would've been on my final team if I was actually able to find one...

I'm also willing to grind up anyone in my P.C. (I still need to evolve Morpheus and Hephaestus, anyway).

Hey, Chubb, I think Lanturn is a good addition to the team if you want an electric-immunity with Volt Absorb and a nice fat Scald user in general. It also gets good moves like Volt Switch and Thunder Wave which might help you along. i don't really remember where you can get one, though, and I'm too lazy to check Bulbapedia :x.

Rip, Chinchou isn't available till post game then.

Oh, Corsola's the only Water type I'm missing besides the other 4 I haven't caught yet? I thought there would be plenty more in Humilau, but I guess that's it...

I might actually use Corsola for the lols until post game, where I'll catch the other Water types available then and switch up my team.

Damn, I always get confused between BW and BW2 distributions. In BW chinchou could be found in Driftveil and neighboring routes.

And even for the lols, corsola is horrible. I'm sure a Carracosta would be better; you can get one, right?

Damn, I always get confused between BW and BW2 distributions. In BW chinchou could be found in Driftveil and neighboring routes.

And even for the lols, corsola is horrible. I'm sure a Carracosta would be better; you can get one, right?

Not until Nacrene, which is also postgame :[

You can also get a Cloyster in White 2 if you want, but it might make the run way too easy.

That also requires the Fishing Rod, sadly :[

I might use it in the post-game, though.

Why did White 2 limit all the Water types by giving the Fishing Rod only after the post game cry

Short update:

It's winter, so I decide to catch the Pokemon I missed back in Undella Bay. It's... harder than I thought, as Frillish kept appearing instead of Spheal or Remoraid... But I do manage to catch them!

320.gif

Nemesis might get Water Spout + a very high HP, but that's pretty much all it has going for, in my opinion. Although it does get Dive from level up, very soon after it evolves...

363.gif

Persephone is a step up from Demeter, which is why I'll be using her over my precious Dewgong. It's fairly bulky and has decent offensive stats on both side, which is nice, I guess. Wish I could get that Lapras though...

223.gif

Nike has Sniper, which can make her very strong! Unfortunately, this isn't Gen 6, where a Scope Lens and a Focus Energy boost will always give you crits - that's actually only a 33.3% chance in Gen 5. Still, she gets very nice moves like Fire Blast, Rock Blast, Bullet Seed, etc., so I'll replace Artemis for her (Sorry Artemis :[).

After doing my daily routine in Join Avenue, bumping it up to level 4, I also decide to evolve a few of the Pokemon in my box that still have yet to evolve, being P.B., Morpheus, and Hephaestus. Nike and Persephone also evolve, although I haven't touched Nemesis yet, as she'll take longer.

593.gif516.gif226.gif224.gif364.gif

There's nothing really to note about Marine Tube. Before taking on the Humilau Gym, I explore Route 22 and Route 21, as well as do everything up to the Crustle in Seaside Cave, since I can't get past that without getting the Colress Machine. I find the TM for Toxic, which I teach to Hera.

Humilau Gym is fairly easy with Nike's Bullet Seed and Hera's Energy Ball spam. Persephone evolves after fighting a random Trainer.

Anyway, Marlon is also a fairly simple fight. Nike almost takes out Carracoasta with Bullet Seed, and surprisingly, Carracoasta uses Crunch over Shell Smash. He tries to heal, but Nike uses two Bullet Seeds and takes it out. I send out Aphrodite against his Wailord and use Toxic. It uses Dive, and since I'm faster, I decide to spam Fly while he spams Dive. Aphrodite never gets hit while Wailord faints. He sends out his ace, Jellicent, and I decide to stay in and use Toxic. I spam Fly again, and his Ominous Winds are not enough to take out Aphrodite before he faints to Toxic damage, winning me the Wave Badge! I also finally get the TM for Scald, which I teach to Hera.

After healing up, I decide to test my luck and try getting a Corsola from the rippling water! And... this time it's Jellicent spam. Nice. It takes a while until I do find a Corsola, but Persephone crits it and I have to find another one.

222.gif

Hecate is a pretty bad Pokemon, with terrible stats. I got Natural Cure instead of Regenerator on her, sadly... She might get some nice Rock type moves, but Nike already has Bullet Seed (and usable stats), so she'll go into the box.

With all that done, next part, I'll go through Giant Chasm and possibly get the last two obtainable Pokemon I need in the Water Dex (although it's unlikely because RNG refuses to give me a Lapras)~

Current Team:

Badges: 8 (Currently at Humilau City)

503.pngPoseidon

581.pngAphrodite

593-f.png Hera

121.pngZeus

224.pngNike

365.pngPersephone

Boxed:

593.pngP.B. (Named by Red)

516.pngMorpheus