Is this a good team?

Jaden

So I decided to try and create my own pokemon team..This is a first time for me :)

Let's say that all of the pokemons below have IV of 31 in each stat and EV of 252 in both Attack and Speed, remaining 6 EV go to HP, and a Timid/Jolly ability .

What would you say on the following combination:

• Electivire: Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunderbolt, Signal Beam.
  • Metagross: Meteor Mash, Rock Slide, Psychic, Earthquake.
  • Dragalge: Play Rough, Sludge Bomb, Surf, Dragon Pulse.
  • Spiritomb: Shadow Ball, Nasty Plot, Will-O-Wisp, Dark Pulse.
  • Breloom: Strength, Sky Uppercut, Seed Bomb, Swords Dance.
  • Togekiss: Ancient Power, Extreme Speed, Dazzling Gleam, Fly.

As you can see I tried having at least one move from each Type.

What do you guys think? What should be taken off/ added in? I'd appreciate your help :)

Looks pretty solid, buuuut

-Mmmh, i'd say to run Electivire either Special or Physical, this way you could use better sets

Some examples:

Special set: Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Flamethrower, a good HP (like Grass to deal with Ground Types)

Physical set: I'm not quite sure about this one, but if you want a coverage set then Cross Chop (breeding w/ Conkeldurr), Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch

-I'd say it's pointless to run a mixed Metagross with just a Special move...replace Psychic with Zen Headbutt and change Metagross' nature into Adamant

-The same as Electivire

Special set: Hydro Pump, Sludge Wave, Shadow Ball, Dragon Pulse

Physical set: Play Rough, Waterfall, Dragon Tail (this move is surprisingly useful), Poison Tail

-I like Tomb's set, keep it this way

-Replace Strength with Spore, if the foe is asleep you can set up SD easily

-I tested some sets for Toge personally, and the better one to use in game is (since we don't have many TMs available) is a Special one with Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Nasty Plot, Extrasensory (breeding w/ Noctowl) OR Aura Sphere

For Spiritomb, it doesn't really make sense to have both Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse as they have the same super effective coverage. Maybe Psyquic as a coverage move could be better.

For Breloom, try Mach Punch instead of Sky Uppercut. Breloom is not too fast, so priority comes in handy, and with technician it hits very hard. Also Bullet Seed hits harder than Seed Bomb almost always if you're running technician.

Dragalge is slow and Bulky, you will get the best of him a Modest nature, 252 EV's in SpA and HP (6 in Speed if you want), and for the movepool Dragon Pulse, Sludge Wave, Hydro Pump and Toxic is a good bet (Toxic stall is sometimes better than pure damage).

Also, quite surprising that you didn't go for a Paraflinch Togekiss.

Looks pretty solid, buuuut

-Mmmh, i'd say to run Electivire either Special or Physical, this way you could use better sets

Some examples:

Special set: Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Flamethrower, a good HP (like Grass to deal with Ground Types)

Physical set: I'm not quite sure about this one, but if you want a coverage set then Cross Chop (breeding w/ Conkeldurr), Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch

-I'd say it's pointless to run a mixed Metagross with just a Special move...replace Psychic with Zen Headbutt and change Metagross' nature into Adamant

-The same as Electivire

Special set: Hydro Pump, Sludge Wave, Shadow Ball, Dragon Pulse

Physical set: Play Rough, Waterfall, Dragon Tail (this move is surprisingly useful), Poison Tail

-I like Tomb's set, keep it this way

-Replace Strength with Spore, if the foe is asleep you can set up SD easily

-I tested some sets for Toge personally, and the better one to use in game is (since we don't have many TMs available) is a Special one with Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Nasty Plot, Extrasensory (breeding w/ Noctowl) OR Aura Sphere

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll take them into consideration! Btw, is there any major difference between physical and special attacks? I don't quite seem to understand the difference between the two..

For Spiritomb, it doesn't really make sense to have both Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse as they have the same super effective coverage. Maybe Psyquic as a coverage move could be better.

For Breloom, try Mach Punch instead of Sky Uppercut. Breloom is not too fast, so priority comes in handy, and with technician it hits very hard. Also Bullet Seed hits harder than Seed Bomb almost always if you're running technician.

Thanks for the suggestions! Isn't Breloom always running Technician since it's its Hidden Ability? Since I'm new to the game I don't quite understand these abilities yet..But I thought a Hidden Ability remains hidden and cannot be changed?

Dragalge is slow and Bulky, you will get the best of him a Modest nature, 252 EV's in SpA and HP (6 in Speed if you want), and for the movepool Dragon Pulse, Sludge Wave, Hydro Pump and Toxic is a good bet (Toxic stall is sometimes better than pure damage).

Also, quite surprising that you didn't go for a Paraflinch Togekiss.

Yeah, I wanted to ask about that, how do people determine which EV skills and Nature are best suited for a certain pokemon? I mean, I always thought Speed is the best skill to EV train and Attack/HP comes in second..Care to explain it to a newby? :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll take them into consideration! Btw, is there any major difference between physical and special attacks? I don't quite seem to understand the difference between the two..

Thanks for the suggestions! Isn't Breloom always running Technician since it's its Hidden Ability? Since I'm new to the game I don't quite understand these abilities yet..But I thought a Hidden Ability remains hidden and cannot be changed?

Yeah, I wanted to ask about that, how do people determine which EV skills and Nature are best suited for a certain pokemon? I mean, I always thought Speed is the best skill to EV train and Attack/HP comes in second..Care to explain it to a newby? :)

- Well there are Pokémons that are better in Special Attacks and others that are better in Physical Attacks. Let's take Electivire for example: Its Base Stat Attack it's higher than its Base Stat Sp. Attack, so imo you should run it Physical. There are also natures that influence these stats, like Modest or Rush for the Sp. Atk and Adamant or Brave for the Atk.

- In Reborn you can get mons with Hidden Abilities even in the wild, a pokémon doesn't always have its Hidden Ability, it can even have another of its abilities. If you don't get the ability you want however you can use an Ability Capsule to change it, you can find them lurking around in the game.

- Well, if you EV train in Speed and Attack a Slowbro for example it would be useless xD As i told you before, by seeing the Base Stats of a mon you can see what stats are worth invest some EVs on. Slowbro is more suited to be EV trained in Sp. Atk and Sp, Def/Def/HP for example, since its a slow and bulky pokémon.

If you have other questions just ask, hope to have helped :)

umm i m tempted to post a long arse post but hehe i m not done with 1 of mine long arse post bout team advice and i dont have much time at the moment so lets just rework your team ya. open the spoiler to see the modifications.Enjoy.

Electivire(physical)
Ability:Motor Drive
Nature;Adamant/Jolly

EV: 252 Atk/252 Speed/6 SpDef

-Low Kick/Brick Break
-Ice Punch(egg move)
-Fire Punch(use heart scale)
-Thunder Punch

Electivire(Special)
Ability:Motor Drive
Nature;Modest/Timid
EV: 252 SpAtk/252 Speed/6 SpDef

-Signal Beam(idk how you got this but right now it is kinda impossible to do this without move tutor in pokemon reborn)
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Uproar

Metagross
Ability:Clear Body
Nature:Adamant/Brave
EV: 252Atk/252 HP/6 Def

-Zen Headbutt
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake(another move which is impossible in reborn pokemon right now unless you some how have the TM)

-Rock Slide(another move which is impossible in reborn pokemon right now unless you some how have the TM)

Dragalge

Ability:Adaptability

Nature;Modest/Quiet
EV: 252 SpAtk/252 HP/6 SpDef

-Sludge Bomb

-Sludge Wave

-Surf

-Dragon Pulse

Spiritomb

Ability:Pressure/Infiltrator
Nature;Modest/Quiet
EV: 252 SpAtk/252 HP/6 SpDef

-Dark Pulse

-Shadow Ball

-Nasty Plot

-Will-O-Wisp

Breloom

Ability:Technician

Nature;Adamant/Jolly
EV: 252 Atk/252 Speed/6 SpDef

-Mach Punch

-Spore

-Force Palm

-Bullet Seed

Togekiss

Ability:Serene Grace

Nature;Modest/Timid
EV: 252 SpAtk/252 Speed/6 SpDef

-Aura Sphere

-Air Slash

-Flamethrower

-Extrasensory(egg move)

A couple of things to note: two turn attacks aren't very good in general, they take entirely too long. Most mons dont like to run mixed sets, and the ones that do have a tricky EV spread and nature, it's really not recommended. Lastly, you're going to want to bring priority: metagross gets bullet punch, breloom gets mach punch, etc.

Also, if at all possible, dont run HM moves on your own pokemon; if you have to, at least run a TM move that can be removed etc. As far as i remember, HMs become XMs in this game and can be forgotten? doc me if im wrong

I hope this helps!

(EDIT: i thought this was competitive and made an error)

Edited by Spade