Pokemon Mechanics What should be implemented into the Canon games.

firewidow

I believe what should be implemented is like a mechanic to where you and however many friends can play together at the sametime. and you see them in your world. kinda like the extralink but there actually there.

I hope i'm not confusing to much XD

• Global Mods

I've always thought it would be fun to know what Pokemon are saying. We see them sometimes on the overworld and they make noises, but what are they thinking/feeling? So, a game where either you have a special ability to speak to Pokemon (kind of like N) or there's a device that allows you to do it would be neat.

I think the field effects being implemented would also be lovely

As for pokemon feelings and saying, I guess yellow was the closest thing to providing that...but only with a pikachu. Yeah, hgss brought back following pokemon, but they all had random reactions that change everytime you talk to your 'mon. And we got nothing on random overworld pokemon. Would definitely be nice to get something to give pokemon a deeper portrayal

I believe what should be implemented is like a mechanic to where you and however many friends can play together at the sametime. and you see them in your world. kinda like the extralink but there actually there.

I hope i'm not confusing to much XD

Yes, please make that possible... in this time and age, it should be doable

I'd really wanna go on an adventure with my friends and battle together

I know right! i've played all the "big" pokemon mmos and all of them arnt bad they all just fall short and dont get really that fun.

field effects!

they add so much depth to gym leader battles, rather than them simply having them being a level-appropriate 4-mon monotypes

I think the field effects being implemented would also be lovely

As for pokemon feelings and saying, I guess yellow was the closest thing to providing that...but only with a pikachu. Yeah, hgss brought back following pokemon, but they all had random reactions that change everytime you talk to your 'mon. And we got nothing on random overworld pokemon. Would definitely be nice to get something to give pokemon a deeper portrayal

Field Effects and a Hard Mode.

I agree with all of you guys. I hope it's implemented sooner than later.

I'd like the games to really expand on the individuality of Pokemon's physical attributes. It would be insane to implement, and definitely isn't coming in a 3DS title, but I'm thinking about each individual Pokemon being able to have specific colours (really just different variants of the same hue so that shinies are still special), different heights and weights that are reflected in the 3D models, a random selection from an assortment of eye colours, tail shapes, spike sizes, pattern arrangement, whatever. Even variations in the pitch and tone of the cry! So that, regardless of EVs or IVs or natures or the like, you could have a Pokemon that was truly individual and special to you.

I don't think it's realistic in the slightest to expect this to happen, but I can have my fantasies.

I'd like the games to really expand on the individuality of Pokemon's physical attributes. It would be insane to implement, and definitely isn't coming in a 3DS title, but I'm thinking about each individual Pokemon being able to have specific colours (really just different variants of the same hue so that shinies are still special), different heights and weights that are reflected in the 3D models, a random selection from an assortment of eye colours, tail shapes, spike sizes, pattern arrangement, whatever. Even variations in the pitch and tone of the cry! So that, regardless of EVs or IVs or natures or the like, you could have a Pokemon that was truly individual and special to you.

I don't think it's realistic in the slightest to expect this to happen, but I can have my fantasies.

Sounds like an awesweet idea as well. I mean maybe not as far as individual variety of cries or color hues but ... Things like Spindas are the precursor of your idea, followed by pumpkaboos. They could definitely expand on it and bring more variety in shapes and sizes or patterns. It's already anime canon that pokemon come in various sizes (ex. charizard in the valley had many different sizes) . Especaially since we're into 3d model area now, they ought to really consider that kind of thing

Edited by Masquerain

While this is wonderful, it will make me and my competitive brethren even more ethically monstrous. We are the people who remorselessly force Pokemon to breed, often with a gelatinous blob, and after inhumane treatment, simply dump them into the wild or the abyss known as Wonder Trade.

We do the same evils to the poor, newly hatched Lv1 baby as well, often successively and across many generations, without a care or concern for any of them, all in a bid for better IVs, the perfect Nature...for perfection.

How much more heartless would it make us seem, if each Pokemon was unique in its appearance based on its IVs? A baby with poor speed might look lame, a baby with bad defense might look thinner or frailer...a Timid gible, shy and easily afraid, when we wanted an Adamant one...all of them, ruthlessly ravaged and subsequently discarded...Why, this makes our 'selection' of the 'perfect' Pokemon as bad as Nazism, in a way!

It'd be a cool idea, but I don't want to end up feeling like I was one of the monsters who created Mewtwo (even though I probably already am.)

But, for my purposes, I agree with Red that visible IV and EV quantities would be a great boon. It'd make my...ah, 'selections' much easier.

Edited by Viridescent

While this is wonderful, it will make me and my competitive brethren even more ethically monstrous. We are the people who remorselessly force Pokemon to breed, often with a gelatinous blob, and after inhumane treatment, simply dump them into the wild or the abyss known as Wonder Trade.

We do the same evils to the poor, newly hatched Lv1 baby as well, often successively and across many generations, without a care or concern for any of them, all in a bid for better IVs, the perfect Nature...for perfection.

How much more heartless would it make us seem, if each Pokemon was unique in its appearance based on its IVs? A baby with poor speed might look lame, a baby with bad defense might look thinner or frailer...a Timid gible, shy and easily afraid, when we wanted an Adamant one...all of them, ruthlessly ravaged and subsequently discarded...Why, this makes our 'selection' of the 'perfect' Pokemon as bad as Nazism, in a way!

It'd be a cool idea, but I don't want to end up feeling like I was one of the monsters who created Mewtwo (even though I probably already am.)

But, for my purposes, I agree with Red that visible IV and EV quantities would be a great boon. It'd make my...ah, 'selections' much easier.

Well, that's certainly not where I was expecting that to go. I do want to make the point that I wasn't necessarily requiring the unique appearance of a Pokémon to be based on its IVs, but rather a new random variable. Hidden for that would be fine, I guess, but others may disagree.

Also, another thing to consider is that different possible appearances for Pokémon are subjectively appreciated, so one person might prefer a different eye colour or 'fragile' look to another person; what I'm getting at is that there would be no objectively good appearance for a Pokémon, whereas, unless you're going for a Trick Room team or something, high IVs are pretty much objectively good in a competitive Pokémon.