Best Nature for a Froakie (Hardcore)

FujiwaraNoSai

Most competitive movesets have Greninja with a plus speed nature but I'm not sure if that's the best nature in Reborn Hardcore. There are several pokemon in the game that are very fast, especially for the time you encounter them, but I'm not sure if it's worth sacrificing speed for attack or special attack when the majority of pokemon you encounter (at least after fully evolving) will be slower than you either way. In Reborn, which nature do you think is best for Froakie?

IMO, the speed+ nature is ran competitively because of access to the life orb which supplements for the lack of power boosting nature. Unfortunately, we have no life orb to equip on Froakie in Reborn iirc.

It doesn't really help when Froakie only learns the powerful moves late as a Greninja so you'll probably need a Modest nature to give it that little extra power and if you do a normal 252satk/252speed/4hp ev build then you should be able to out-speed a lot of pokemon and the little extra power from modest should hopefully help. I ran a timid Greninja in normal Reborn and the lack of power without the life orb is really noticeable I think.

Edited by Pandalex12

i´d go with modest/mild nature in the beginning for some extra power.

later on i´d change it in 7th street for +speed nature as it may be needed for the likes of charlotte and ciel.

and at this point it´s actually possible to get a life-orb for some extra power, though it´s annoying to get to it

early game till radomus mild rash naughty or lonely with ives 25+spd sp att and attk as greninja is at its full use as a mixed attacker imo and then in late game naive or hasty though ppl go with speacial usually but early game its physical movepool is better in game and late game 1 or 2 physical moves still come at handy and seeing as the difference between its attk and sp attk is less than 10 points

Edit:if you want a moveset heres that to

Early game:first 1 to 9 badges:

Water pulse or water shuriken(water pulse is more reliable but shuricken is more gimmicky)

Smack down replace with extensory as it helps quite a bit with kiki and aya around that time quite a bit

Feint attack(use coomon candys on your newly evolved greninja till lvl 32 and it will learn it once it lvls up saves a heart scale later on it helps with the 5th gym leader quite a bit)

quick attk replace with shadow sneak once move tutor is available

also hidden power is an option but depends on what type you get though

10 to end

Surf/waterfall

Dark pulse/night slash

Grass knot/extrasensory

Shadow sneak

now bounce is an option as well but you have to keep grenija unevolved as frogadier til lvl 44 for coverage but its got a dodgy acuracy and not enough power and pp to make up for it so leaving it wont kill you

hope this helps

Edited by NovaKnight