My cooking experience

Cool Girl

So, I cooked for my parents for the very first time a while back. I'm 16 and I've never cooked at all! So, I make green pork coconut curry with rice and potstickers (I wish I could post pictures, but my laptop won't let me, I'll figure something out!) And I will say this, best experience I've ever done! I mean, I never cooked chicken or pork in my life and somehow I managed to cook it! Hell, I never even cooked rice before! So yeah, my point is, JUST DO IT! (Shia Labeouf, you're welcome guys!) Even if you feel like you can't cook, just give it a shot!

Green Curry Pork with Thai Eggplants

- 1 lb of pork (any protein is fine)

- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk (I recommend the brand "Chaokoh")

- 2-4 Tbs. of green curry paste

- 1/2 lb. of Thai Eggplants, cut in halves or quarters

- 1/2 cup shelled fresh peas

- 2 kaffir lime leaves

- Fish sauce (the only reason you might need fish sauce is because some brands of curry paste are not salted)

- 1-2 tsp. of palm or coconut sugar

- 1/2 - 1 cup of fresh Thai basil leaves

- Silvered chilies (optional)

1) Heat the coconut milk in a pan from medium to high heat. Once you see the oil beginning to separate, add the curry paste

2) Bring to a boil and add the pork

3) Simmer for five minutes before adding the eggplants. Simmer a few minutes and then add the peas and the kaffir lime leaves.

4) Season with fish sauce (if needed)

5) Add palm sugar/coconut sugar

6) Continue to simmer until the eggplants and peas are tender

7) Stir in the basil and chillies (if you want) and cook for another 1-2 minutes.

Serve it with fluffy steamed rice (or any rice, if ya want)

Potstickers

- Pre-packed potsticker wrappers

- 3/4 lb. of chicken, grounded (I cooked the chicken and then put it in the blender. Also, you can use any proteins if you want or no protein at all. This dish can be vegetarian. What I'm giving you is the recipe for the filling of the potsticker so you can do any filling you want)

- 1 slice of ginger

- 1 slice of garlic

- Some cabbage (can't remember how much, but I think proportional to the chicken)

So, this is easy, you make the filling. Then, add warm water on the side of the potstickers, but before you do that, put a spoonful of filling in the middle of your potsticker wrapper and then glue them together in a potsticker shape (look it up online. There are plenty of tutorials on how to make a potsticker shape) Also, make sure to put flour on the table so that the potstickers don't stick. Heat oil on a pan. Put the potsticker in the pan. After you see a brown color on one side of the potsticker while they're cooking, add water (while they're cooking in the pan!) to the level of the potstickers and cover. The potstickers are fully cooked once all the water evaporated

Also, to find these ingredients, go to a Asian store. And that, my friends, is my recipe!

Edited by Cool Girl

Sorry to be all up your grill wondergurl but i fucking love cooking! that does sound balls, like, metaphorical balls. but what kind of mad secret ingredient does that recipe contain if it needs to be pm'd? parts of extinct animals? is it strong? i can't eat strong food i have a genetical condition called being white as yogurt.

and @ that other thread

borat-thumbs.jpg

Ok, I'll post it when I got time. It's just that, today and tomorrow, I'm on crunch time because I have a martial arts competition to prepare (I have to work out with my team for possibly the whole day and tomorrow, I have to compete), but I promise I'll post it when I have time! :)

Ah yeah sorry for my vagueness. I want it! If... it's not strong.

i've completely given up any macho presences about strong food i like my taste buds intact and not on any other fire than sick raps.

:D damn son Hallo-mc in the house or wha t!!?

yeah i love me some ill rap that's not a lie

but food mah motherfucker, italian, greek or thai

gimme sum rice, sauce, thyme, whirl up a meatroll

salad on the side, gotta watch that cholesterol

can even make sushi, slice up that fish

mac'n'cheese n pizza whats ur favorite dish

coming on to ya'll like eya good lookin

but my main grill be made for cookin

hnngh eggplants be so good. might try

I think that's totally fine, you can replace the proteins with vegetables! :) I've tasted many curries in which they replace the protein with tofu or just add vegetables and it's still delicious!

Edited by Cool Girl

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like something I might try to make in the future! That includes me actually learning how to cook without only using a microwave or a small pan, but I'll try to make bits and pieces of the recipe, so I can get better overtime. :D