Sounds like a place for adventures. Let me in.

Shinyrio

Greetings, people of the Reborn Forum.

My name is Shinyrio, and, as you can see, I'm a wandering Shiny Lucar...

WAIT! NO! Don't capture me! *Get hit by a Pokeball*

*Escapes Poké Ball*

No no, guys, my freedom is more than a treasure for me, don't take it from me.

----------------------------------------

Well, to be more serious, I'm a 25 years old French guy who plays Pokémon for a lifelong period, since the good old Blue Version.

But, to be honest, normal versions started to be boring for me : not enough challenging, even with a good Nuzlocke with no heal rules and this kind of things.

And then, 1 year and a half ago, I discovered Reborn. And it filled my thirst for challenges and adventures. And now, i want to take another step higher with this truly marvelous game, since I can't wait for E16 to be out, and my team ready for this.

That's why I decided to register here.

You see, with my French community, I announced a Monotype challenge incoming, and I let them pick the Type i must use during this run. I don't know if this is intentionnal or not, but, for now (votes are closing this evening), it seems that I will use either Ghost or Ice... And, as you know, these types have no starters available before 1st badge. So I have to request some starters.

But don't worry, I will still stay here for a while. After all, I made this presentation.

Oh, and BTW, you can call me Shiny, if you want. Even if it might be confusing (for English People, since in French, we have now the term "Chromatique").

That's all for now. Thank you for reading.

Edited by Shinyrio

shiny in more ways than one I see, that icon has more highlighter than Kim Kardashian's entire face. I love it with all magpie-y soul.

welcome here! I vote Ghost, because ghost Pokémon are the best Pokémon and just imagine what Golurk would do to Julia's team. He'd be like, "I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL"

Chromatique is such an awesome word. party hard with your monorun

Thanks for all these replies. Seems a nice place here.

Hello Shinyrio!!! Welcome to the forums!!

Glad that you like Reborn so much, it's definitely a treasure. o7

Reborn is definitely a true jewel. I can't wait for it to be polished perfectly.

Feel free to take a cookie to your left, but not the cakes;

THEY ISH MINEEEEE

You mean... These? *Crunch*

Can't beat me to a eating contest, ya know?

We have a Showdown server (link at the top left) if you want to have a chat with whoever's online.
I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here. Hop on to the server to let us know you better!

Thanks for the offer. But... I highly prefer the calmness of a forum than the overactivity of a chat. Nonetheless, I'll try to make myself well known if you want.

welcome here! I vote Ghost, because ghost Pokémon are the best Pokémon and just imagine what Golurk would do to Julia's team

Seems tempting, but... Ice is at the top ATM and... even if I like new challenges, taking a Golett or a Swinub early game sounds a bit unfair for this poor girl... Even if she explodes in my face.

Edited by Shinyrio

Bonjour, mon-amie! (Do French people actually say this? Im curious)

Welcome to Reborn!

Are you gonna post your monorun on Team Showcase? I'd love to read it ; )

If you need starters hacked in, I would be more than happy to do it for you. (Fridays and weekends only though >.>)

Otherwise, just post in the Request-a-Mon Thread and some friendly person would come along and help.

I'll be seeing your around! ; )

Bonjour, mon-amie! (Do French people actually say this? Im curious)

Welcome to Reborn!

I think this way to say it is kinda.. old, to use it in everyday life nowadays, but I really don't mind. I'm myself used to speak in an advanced French (Not as much as an aristocratic way, but kinda fair)

Are you gonna post your monorun on Team Showcase? I'd love to read it ; )

I could... but it would mean lots of works : I already planned to do the same in my own French community, and it would imply a double translation. Plus I'm a "screenshot commentary"-typed teller. But I will give it a try, I love telling stories to entertain people.

If you need starters hacked in, I would be more than happy to do it for you. (Fridays and weekends only though >.>)

Otherwise, just post in the Request-a-Mon Thread and some friendly person would come along and help.

I'll be seeing your around! ; )

You know, I felt free to wander around the forum for a while, before registration, and I know you provide good starters. I'll see if I can start it in one or two days, or if i'm too hasty to wait.

Oh! Enchanté! C'est génial de rencontrer un français. Moi aussi, je suis française. Ouais, Reborn est génial! J'espère on va se connaitre plus!

Mais très volontiers, chère compatriote. Reborn est un des meilleurs jeux Pokémon jamais créé. Et j'ai toujours soif de challenges et de défis improbables.

Hum, wait... Your Location... Do you try to fool me?

Edited by Shinyrio

Hey there, welcome to Reborn!

Blue was my first Pokémon game, too \o\

Ice was meant to be my next Monotype run as well, but I got too lazy to work on the sprites I need for the protag, so I went for Steel instead.

It's a very fun type to work with, though, so I'd say use Ice c:

I mean... you got all the time in the world now. After all, you'll be here forever and all that. So enjoy!~

Ice was meant to be my next Monotype run as well, but I got too lazy to work on the sprites I need for the protag, so I went for Steel instead.

It's a very fun type to work with, though, so I'd say use Ice c:

Where is it? I just see your Psychic Mono-attempt, not Steel.

And yes, Ice is a good type, despite being very risky, with many weaknesses. And also very good for comboing and all that stuff.

But wait and see, Ghost is second, and everything can change in the next 3 hours.

BTW, do you stick to making your protag human? I thought having the "Squirell" from Ice Age, challenging the Reborn League while searching for his Holy Acorn could be entertaining as well. But if you already planned other stuff, no problem.

Where is it? I just see your Psychic Mono-attempt, not Steel.

And yes, Ice is a good type, despite being very risky, with many weaknesses. And also very good for comboing and all that stuff.

But wait and see, Ghost is second, and everything can change in the next 3 hours.

BTW, do you stick to making your protag human? I thought having the "Squirell" from Ice Age, challenging the Reborn League while searching for his Holy Acorn could be entertaining as well. But if you already planned other stuff, no problem.

>attempt

I finished the Psychic run, I was just eternally too lazy to actually post the rest on the forums, lol

I haven't posted anything about the steel one at all yet, I just occasionally mentioned it on showdown

I'm... not good at this whole sharing my stuff with people thing. I always chicken out. I'm honestly not sure if I'll even bother to put my next runs anywhere at all. Only finished posting the psychic one to my tumblr for the sake of completion.

I did the Psychic run as Eve, so the Ice one will be Lumi. For Steel I'm using an OC of mine.

I don't know if I'd be into using non-human characters for it^^

Hi Shinyrio! Welcome to Reborn!

You did a really good job on your intro post- so good work! I feel like you've conveyed the sort of person you are pretty well, and that person seems pretty cool!

Good luck with your Nuzlocke. I'm also happy to help you with adding in pokemon for your monorun if you need them.

Hope to see you around!

I'm... not good at this whole sharing my stuff with people thing. I always chicken out. I'm honestly not sure if I'll even bother to put my next runs anywhere at all. Only finished posting the psychic one to my tumblr for the sake of completion.

I understand. Everybody can have some problems in one ay or another. I have myself hard time with oral chat, which is kinda a problem, since I've always wanted to record my own Reborn Playthrough (like shofu, for exemple)

I did the Psychic run as Eve, so the Ice one will be Lumi. For Steel I'm using an OC of mine.

Oh, ok. I felt like i missed something, but know, it makes sense.

You did a really good job on your intro post- so good work! I feel like you've conveyed the sort of person you are pretty well, and that person seems pretty cool!

Being nice is better than being cool, but thanks for the compliment. And I'm glad I managed to convey it, even though English isn't my primary language.

Good luck with your Nuzlocke. I'm also happy to help you with adding in pokemon for your monorun if you need them

I never intended to do a Nuzlocke. Especially a Nuzlocke in Reborn. I like challenges, but I'm not THAT crazy. RNGod don't favor me very well.

And feel free to do this as soon as I finished my post in Request-a-mon.

Oh, and BTW everyone, It's 8 PM here in France. And it means that my vote is closed. Ice won. I think I will suffer... or maybe not!

Sorry typos from me I meant monorun... not sure why I called it a nuzlocke. The moral of the story is I shouldn't welcome people to Reborn at 5:45 am...

You seem nice as well so you can be both nice and cool!

Hum, wait... Your Location... Do you try to fool me?

Answer to your question: No, I'm not trying to fool you. J'ai déménagé aux États-Unis quad j'avail six ans. J'habite en Californie maintenant! Mais, je suis née à Paris et j'ai vécu là-bas pendant six ans!