Fimbulvetr - An Ice Monotype Challenge - Season 2

Shinyrio

mL7g0k.png
Maybe I will need a special picture to introduce each other chapter, but this one should do for this small Introduction
Greetings, dear Reborn followers, and welcome to my Ice Monotype challenge, with this game you all know, and, of course, appreciate, AKA Pokemon Reborn.
Well, you see, I discovered Reborn a year and a half ago, and was really amused by the intensity of the plot and the chalenging part of this game. And now, it's time for me, Shinyrio, to go one step higher, and attempting this Monotype is the best way to know how far I improved in this game.
And as another challenge, I'm going to tell this story here, in this Reborn, even though i'm a French guy, and so, english is NOT my primary language. And as a "screenshot-typed" teller, I'm glad to share it this way.
Well, without further ado, some rules I will follow for this challenge :

1) Of course, I shall use only Ice-typed Pokémon in all battles, especially boss battles.

2) Pokemon that can become Ice type (Only through evolution or form change) can also be used.

3) If I catch a Pokemon from another Type, I shall not use it for combat purposes at all (Cuz ya know, i'm also a completionist, plus I like to explain how I get this one)

4) As an additionnal challenge, I shall beat Solaris and El (and all other mega-boss who dare interfere)

Oh, and BTW, why such a name for a challenge? Fimbulvetr is the name of the long and terribly harsh Winter which shall precede Ragnarok, the apocaliptic battle, in Norse Mythology. Why i'm using Ice Type in an apocalyptic world makes now sense.

Anyway, let's go for my adventure. On spoilers, cuz I don't want you to be overloaded by so much data.

UcAdsD.pngtE4GLB.png
Nice to meet you again. Ya know, I only realised how important you are much later.
EtGYmS.png34ED9O.png
Sure. let me freeze this! After all, freezing is the best way to solve a problem... isn't it?
P9lWJX.png
Aaaand let me reintroduce myself... Even if you should know me, my past self is still stuck in E15 with a Dream team in hand.
G2EQ1t.pngVENxIc.png
Aaand here we go again... it will go...
bRa7JH.png
KABOOM!
cztcny.pngY6B9T9.png
*Koff koff* *Hem* I'm okay... That's not as if I lived this explosion countless times.
ZtSTUZ.pngXIIur4.png
As much as I know you, Julia, I still have very hiiggggggh doubts about your involvment.
ApoSPR.pngzYIMh7.png
I still think of this as a bad excuse, you know? Cuz loving explosions is everything EXCEPT mainstream!
KiU756.png
Ya know, even Watson could have guess this, "Sherlock"
rDANJL.png3hfzWA.pngkpgQIM.png
I know the path, Ame. I took it millions of time.
ZFS1qh.png
I doubt this. After all, I AM the hero here.
FC0e3D.png
No, I just went here to freeze the world until oblivion...
OF COURSE I AM!
uB3N3O.pngKAZvfb.png
You don't need to tell me this again, Julia... Oh wait, it seems that rebboting the game also rebooted your memory... And everyone else as well.
CHYnqT.png
Now I'm free. Free to take this free hidden item. That's make a lot of free here. Except free badges.
UebVL1.png
If anyone is currently making a game about Mysidia Region, please... Tell me! I want to visit this place someday.
0FKskL.png
Opal Ward... And it will take 16 episodes until you have a nicer music.
dLhpXM.pngYcJ3U7.png
Don't worry, old timer! Just wait 16 episodes, and the "RPG-Making" Magic will give Reborn its past glory.
iKl1iX.pngBrrgYx.pngTmxHlP.png
Ya know, I have 13 badges in an alternate universe... Oh you don't care? I will show you... later.
Gj2MV4.png3qE0zu.png
And give me the holy magic potion!
RXRYYm.pngA7dRaQ.png
But I AM a trainer. I even have a card to prove it... Well ok, I must get my Pokemon first.
LkN4CK.png3e5rQc.png
You too, forgot me... Anyways, let's go in the Grand Hall
Unroz3.png
You left before me. Of course you do!
PB1PrK.pngHInJ8Y.png
I don't want to copy Derogatory, but... Competent Policemen in a Pokémon World are like.. Well, it's unbelievable!

blJvbp.pngARAuAv.png6iLnx3.png

Kiki will be a pain in the butt... I smell it, as an Ice man.

XE4bSz.png
As usual, but fortunately... I know you don't intend to cheat by taking an advantage.
1AuP3J.png
Wait..
WAIT!
Ice typed-Pokemon are Non-existent outside of this part of Reborn City... What Can I do...
OH! I know!
One "Request-a-mon magic" Later...
T8FH8Y.png0Bzu7z.png
Meet my Amaura (sounds like a mustard mark)...
0hltrG.png4WdIaf.png
And my Bergmite. Two nice Ice Pokemon, aren't they?
Also I have a free Bulbasaur, but... I won't use it. It's not icy enough.
7j4QlM.png
Request-a-mon OP.
ew3pMo.pngq3rwwf.pngdVoUht.png
I have two of them... But I already sense you're going to troll me with a Type advantage.
HKIirk.pngQuEVrJ.pngyJWHmR.png
Aaand here you are, Cain... I forgot you were so.. particular.
1z9vfT.pnge2yiNI.png
If ya want... Well I have no choice. Amaura shall do the trick by itself.
392QQp.pngdV1rrt.png
The Rval theme in Reborn... One of my favourites of all.
qvdQve.png
Seems RNGod favors me this time, since i got a freeze with my very first attack of all the game.
CdAKqe.png
OH COME ON! STAY FROZEN! At least for more than zero turn...
AUVpx2.pngzlogWY.png
Anyway, two Powder Snow later, and he is finished.
Q4OoQC.png5yLCVL.png
I strongly envisaged to not heal here for more challenge but... I am weak.
uq9tRm.pngUBLMBT.png
Ya know, if you want some "fun", I shall introduce you Zani and Cumulo', two forum friends of mine. You'll get along very well.
6GqPiU.png
Thanks for adding this sentence. I don't want to be assimilated as this.
hpu7Mn.pngZvEWzN.png
I heald, so I'm ready. And this time again, only with Amaura.
QPWHOD.pnglSQbbF.png
If my memoriy serves me well, you have...
I4sEOL.png
A flippin' Tepig! Let me Paralyse you first, I have Thunder-Wave after all.
N0qdGB.pngIffJ88.png
Ow, Yeah, you're not a 6g Starter, you don't have Ember... Well that's in my favor.
W6jCPH.pngaRlFzQ.png
And many turns of "Not very effective" spamming, and useful para-haxxes, Amaura is the last one standing.
ZUhorv.png
Well I did Pokémon Reborn several times..; But of course, you don't remember.
LEu68I.png
Yeah, and quick, i want to be movement free again.
V8KnQ5.pngfuRqVo.pngqAnUws.png
And all the items who go with the registration.
vIG7VL.png9MiPGZ.pngbuA9hz.png
I KNOW! And as an Ice Type trainer, I'm not happy with that!
m19gVx.png
And thanks for the balls... But there's no Ice Pokémon around here
.2PwA3V.png
i like exploring, but i have two more things to do.
K8TekV.png
Primo, deposit this useles Bulbasaur in the PC.
0tyrBh.png
And Deuxio.. Saving and take a break. It will be enough for this "Short" intro. I shall think of a mean to take less pictures while telling this story in a better way.
Anyways, I will return soon.

And that's all for this introduction. If you have questions about this format of telling, know that I vouluntary choose this way, because you're not the only one to watch this. I have friends, who don't know Reborn, who want to read this as well, and I think this way is the best I can provide to introduce them to this game while keeping in mind that you are Reborn Experts here.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and I hope you'll appreciate. See you later for the REAL first episode of...

Fimbulvetr, the Ice type Monorun.

And as a bonus, here is now the official list of all Episodes (beside this first you first read) :

- Episode 18 : Tracking, fleeing and many other tiny things

Edited by Shinyrio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am gonna say this once. Good luck! Okay I lied, I will probably say it a few times more.

Ice type runs are particularly difficult especially with only 2 ice types. Make sure you get that vanilite on sunny days outside the grand hall..

I hope that amuara has misty terrain cos that's one of the only ways to help you can take on Julia. Aurorus as fantastic as she is will also have one hell of a hard time against Julia thanks to x4 fighting weakness. Florina will be difficult and so will Corey and Shelly thanks to the late level of evolution.

Seriously. Good luck! I look forward to seeing this to the end

Thanks for all the replies and cheering. I'll do my best to finish this one.

I am gonna say this once. Good luck! Okay I lied, I will probably say it a few times more.

Ice type runs are particularly difficult especially with only 2 ice types. Make sure you get that vanilite on sunny days outside the grand hall..

I hope that amuara has misty terrain cos that's one of the only ways to help you can take on Julia. Aurorus as fantastic as she is will also have one hell of a hard time against Julia thanks to x4 fighting weakness. Florina will be difficult and so will Corey and Shelly thanks to the late level of evolution.

Seriously. Good luck! I look forward to seeing this to the end

2 Ice Types is Ok. Even though I requested 3, but on a second thought, it would be a bit too easy.

Unfortunately, it won't be sunny this week, according to my forecast... Or maybe I haven't understood how it works after all (or a bug?)

Amaura learns Mist at Lvl 18. And don't worry, I already intend to take on Julia this way. Plus I got a boosted Icy Wind, so it's 'k.

I don't remember Julia having Fighting types moves. Do you mean Victoria? If so... Yes, it'll be a bit hard, but I'll take my chance.

See you this afternoon for the next part.

M6HZIr.pngKt8bCL.pngAyCXfD.png

Believe me, you thug, I have the ressources to make you talk!

JkZebq.pngt5Trn4.png

And by ressources, I mean.. this!

lWLTpB.pngUEzz2z.png

I'm glad you understand why I highly suggest you to...

CG3EZP.png9wvcOC.png3FdaKq.png

.... Nevermind. RIP Thug's balls...

The best way to start this chapter : cooking some Meteor... But it tastes awful!

Hello everybody. I'm back to bring you one more episode of :

Last time.. Well I mean the first time.. Was just a starter. Let's go for the Main course : the TRUE beginning of this Ice Type Monorun.

Oh, and BTW, for the most important matches I'll do, I'll bring a Team Recap' about what I'll use for that particular match.

Without further ado, let's go! And I hope you enjoy.

Chapter 1 : Unthuging Opal and Peridot

OZ9GAy.png

Well, I admit it : I just grinded with the Tech and some wild encounters before talking to this girl, so my Amaura is lvl 8.

ZQqWQM.pngE4NwDO.png

Maybe you should check again : 21 is the true lvl of Pokemon Truancy without a badge.

RRt8w6.pngR6ADF5.png

And it's 20, not 19. Which means.. Your Pokémon should still obey you at 20.

D5owQR.png

Pfew, now I can start my campaign of "unthuging the area". Let's go!

LoODqz.pngM2vCjw.png

3Dqlio.png12loHj.png

D92foB.pnglO2pt9.png

That's a good start. I just screened you the ends.. after all, you too should have pass these trainers... no?

Anyways, Bergmite is Poisoned, so i have to heal it.

taUW9F.png

I beat these two Thugs too. Not only for the Xp, but also...

W4ie9i.png

Because luck is with me, I can obtain this Zigzagoon.

q0ATtj.png

And he has Pickup as well.

And NO! I won't use it in battle. He is only here for the Pickup and as an HM slave for now. Remember : I can use non-ice Pokemon for purposes OTHER THAN BATTLING! Feel free to guess which Pokémon I could use, and why.

G9qUG0.png

Now, we have finished with Opal. Let's go for Peridot, and let's freeze ALL the thugs!

Qv3noK.png

That's one.

JG0uFK.png

I also entered this house, but I completely forgot one thing...

5H8cB1.png

That Overleveled-OVER9000-WhateverOP Goldeen. Fortunately, I got a freeze which lasted 5 turns.

KMMPBd.png

Enough to take down this monster. Lesson learned : ALWAYS cleaning the outdoors before doing the indoor.

JdCczt.png

Ow, the fishing rod... Where is it already?

mNwznc.png

Another trainer frozen...

B2jEVs.pngXvAY8X.png

And some important items I found. Including the Rod.

6W2aVK.png

Lvl 9 Grimer? Could be good for grinding... But let's check all the trainers first.

hAxsVp.png

Here's one. Yes I know, I could show you all the trainers at once... But I want to keep an accurate track of what I'm seeing.

p39ang.png

I hesitated to give nicknames for Amaura and Bergmite... But I won't.

v2liq2.pngShMymu.png

Rose encense... Well, maybe... If i have Abomasnow one day...

l8NyGl.png

The famous one under the bridge.

Co0JZJ.png

Also, I forgot to mention it, but it's raining. This means this little buddy is here. But I won't take it for now, Fire is not good for Ice.

ygit4x.pngWxPxQ7.pngvak3Uq.png
I shall pass! Because you're not a Balrog.
sC2wCL.pngUj54pZ.png
But there's only one trainer here... I'm sad.
UH2KKi.png
Plus the Super Potion... Which reminds me I didn't spend any Pokedollar yet. But I want to spare money until the Gym.
2xyGMU.pngmju1SZ.png
In certain realities, dueling by "pacific ways" is a way to convince or settle a problem... Pokemon is one of them. Wish ours could do that too.
PqO2Bg.png
Ice gem would be better, but thanks anyway.
TyXlkw.pngD4b9U0.pngIaLFPI.png
Let's freeze some other thugs...
u1YvDD.png
And getting a random item on the floor. Seriously, who tossed this?
djkD8e.pngrsNBoS.png
There's lots of trainers in this area... And I'm sure I'm only halfway through peridot.
aRe9iQ.pngnxqWhB.png
Cause I'm FREEEEEEEE.... zing! *Badum tss*
K6deJJ.pngI7pDNR.png
wvHSWM.pngxUgmrP.png
A more interesting place to loot. Heart Scale will be useful. I think you know why in particular.
3xenMl.pngLNuloY.pngs0PPtP.pngllcLCv.pngL3VXi1.png
And that should do for Peridot. But I have two more battles to go!
jTbTo6.png
First, getting here.
RUNC55.pngspw5sx.png
Releasing the beasts.
XmiiOX.pngiLJt8H.png0U1RIm.png
And rescuing the "princess"... But I don't want Igglybuff, this ain't a MonoFairy.
fKtJ4b.png
Plus I ran into this one I forgot. How he escaped me this long is still a mystery..
2veMe2.png9c2v61.png
And finaly, begin the "Magikarp quest" only to battle these two thieves.
sE51W7.png
I don't care of the Pokemon. I want YOU!
oWZQfV.png3ipK6x.png
NOW, this should do the trick. Peridot is cleaned for now. Let's back to the main quest.
One healing and path checking later.
cLDoIC.png
Gotcha, Fern, you can't escape me!
Q5wsdv.pngBzrJUl.png
As much as I want to destroy you.. I admit lack of precision is a pain in the butt.
Q0dolC.png
Yes I know... A Grass type trainer!
gCvMQy.png
Cat and dogs don't go along very well so... Hit yourself, Fern.
VUiDSO.pngjDF1Y0.png
I'm 25, Fern, I don't really need to go to school.
5v54Mv.pngIxgixy.pngwsBvnA.png
Lotad, Ok, he is part water. But i don't understand how Budew was able to not getting one-shot by Icy wind of an overleveled Amaura. Anyway, he got them. All three.
2xcz8f.png
Lucky? That's your fault! You are a Grass user. I'm the mighty freezing Trainer!
sTc4TY.png
GET BACK HERE! LET ME FREEZE YOU LIKE HAN SOLO FOR ALL ETERNITY!
... Damn, he escaped. Let's go to the gym.
0Jq8CU.png
Oh, and before this... Must.... Get. THIS! Before it's too late.
SWyp8N.pngDPG9mw.png
No worries, I know I'm not ready anyways.
95u2jF.pngvkIXSw.png
So the area is still not completely unthugged? I'm on it!
GaACcD.png
Now that's clear. Is Fern deaf? Or did he went straight away without listening the next part?
BOHadk.png
We're here... But I will stop it for now. My IG double may be unaffected by nature, but I am! And I'm hungry. So.. It's lunch time!

And there it is. The end of this first part. Hope you enjoyed it. Now, excuse me, I have to eat. See ya later for the next part.

Guys, I know what you want. You're still hungry! Hungry for new adventures. Hungry for fun, and hoping for stuff to happen.

Well, let me serve you the next meal : a brand new Episode of :

(Yeah, I change my blue, because the previous one is not... icy enough)

This time, serious things are beginning. Team Meteor, Julia Gym, Kaboom stuff... This will be more interesting.

Well, I won't let you wait any longer. Let's go!

Episode 2 : Icy Wind does it all. With style.

cS381q.pngSu95Ny.png
Sorry for making you wait, but now, I'm back!
EGV4Le.pngv6bDjE.png
Meeeeeeeeeee...Haaaaaaaaaaa...Meeeeeeeeeee...
u2nNnW.png
Oh, nevermind, Kaboom also works.
otKVkK.png
And two wild Grass siblings appeared.
MPpw2K.pngTxONfX.png
You know, I dind't forgot them at all... Both for making me angry with their Pokemons and attitude.
0I1eBg.png
You don't deserve any, ya know?
spq9uy.png
No!
rMwbSw.png
Not to boom. To freeze. Even though I actually can't , since the only Ice move I have is Icy wind.
8csExd.png
Mr. Fizzwidget? Is that you?
DGxLsV.png0SreDn.png
I don't think ANY evil organisation does, Julia.
duE5QH.pngZlzjze.png
Aaaand I have to team up with Fern... Since plot asks me to.
swrjjq.png
Man, I'm higher lvl than you... And I have Icy wind, which can hurt any opponent in doubles.
PXs1TA.png
Here we are. Team Meteor detected! Engage Battle!
SmcEwW.pngK0vj66.png
Icy Wind does a very marvelous work. Even though is power is divided by two, It still 2 shots any one. Except Aron.
yiCPOM.png
That's one.
hn9nJB.pngsSYi3A.png
And we don't forget to take the items. Escpecially the hidden.
cRudgE.png9T5oOA.png
And some more Meteor. Sry, I forgot to screen the "You shall not pass", so no jokes.
GHWYlc.png
Another floor, another bunch of Meteor goons. Let's go!
QPvf5u.pngxMyU60.pngvaarRT.png
I wanted to learn mist very badly, so... Since statut changes does not work under mist... Well I forgot Thunder wave.
apafjb.pngL875Ug.png
And then, this floor is cleaned too.
VOoHAI.png
And we finally meet again with the "BFF team".
9VSvDo.png5uLIlJ.png
I don't really know... What is "Substandard" for you.
droSl6.png
Eh, mine is freezing... But it doesn't actually create holes, but filling them.
2NPCuu.png
Let's get the explosives packs, since Julia need them... I'm still not used to this girl craziness, ya know?
nGuJs2.png
This one was easy, but..
UsZqcc.png
I really feared these two big Rock-type pokemons.
BoMryy.png
Fortunately, they only spammed Psywave, so I could Bite them until they faint.
HXjJlN.png
Another hidden item. Yeah, I like digging everywhere to find items.
FxWrWE.png
Yeah, take these. If they explode in your hands... Well the world will be better.
Y6iq9n.png8sFBLr.png
And then, what should happen happened, the door...
BPWPaD.png2XhTtp.png
Has been unlocked by more.. Intelligent ways.
UBGXVQ.png
TFW you got trolled by your BFF. Even if she did not do this on purpose. Legends says that it happens very frequently in League of Legends.
TaoCXW.png
And of couse... I must... Not. Forget! MY PRECIOUS!
x1Fg8A.pngluxzh9.png
Explosion + Freeze... That should be interesting.
w0oIR9.pngf5ovMt.png1iYstR.png
Why? Why all villains have this irresistible urge to expose their diabolical tactics?
t9tnMW.pngrSAYt0.png
And our first match against the famous Meteor duo begins.
9R9va5.png5mymZ7.pngZWTtgM.png
Rock Throw did the job against Magby... Who missed his Flare Spin against Budew. And Elekid followed with the force of the mighty Icy Wind.
e4QKPp.pnghgxSLJ.png
Aaaand the magic "teleporting escape" that all evil guys know in action, people.
b8fSRD.pngm84HOg.pngdmvOfs.png
NO! WAIT! We're not out yet. We...
b4vqfB.pngwBHQvz.png
I'm outta here too. There's no Thug to freeze around here anymore.
r9HsHS.png
She could be either here... or in the real world. Good luck for finding her.
wW1z3H.png3QN5X2.png
Yeah, we will have to settle this. So i can finally get a badge.
7U2glw.png
But my Pokemon are not ready yet. Well Bergmite isn't. Let's grind her to lvl 18. This place will do.
Fifteen Minutes of grinding later.
zucqi3.pngMc4Tev.pngyurP2Z.pngTvrkjF.png
Well I finished. And Pickup got me these nice items. Getting the Ice cream now (despite the lack of sunny days here) will help me later. i'm sure you know why.
jQ2w4m.png
NOW! I'm ready. Ready to transform your gym in an Ice Skating place.
F5givD.pngFumOVi.pngC6Iw1R.png
I know this, Ame, the guy outside the gym told me that.
O6WP6y.pngQdwISn.png
Thanks for reminding this, Ame... Thank you.
j8DT1a.pngwdbFxN.png
Do I really need to be reminded about this?
oNDqUy.png
Well, fuck it. If I want to know about the fields, I just have to check in the Field List in our magnificent Reborn site.
0iEoS6.png
This Techie just spamed Sonicboom... Enough to nearly kill Bergmite and Amaura. I have to heal now.
One healing later.
IKyjRc.pngqlf6Ed.png
Here we go again. Let's explode everywhere here and defeat al the trainers.
lDmNrD.pngtVEJEW.pngeBCG23.png
Done.
rnyqwV.png
And here we are. But I have to deposit Zigzagoon in the PC. I don't allow myself to take a non-Ice Type in my team against leaders.
z9Y1eP.png
Here are the Pokemons I'll use in this Gym Battle :
Amaura Bergmite
-Take Down (Refrigerate boosted) -Take Down
-Icy Wind -Bite
-Mist -Harden
-Rock Throw -Icy Wind
I really need to know how to make better recaps than this.
tOPpbq.png
Hi! Ready to get frozen?
qRxW7w.png93xMSN.png
I don't expect this to be easy either. So I went ready for this.
xvenfR.pngQmTiRJ.png
BRING IT ON!
(Match seen in the following post, since I just learned about the image limit)

Part 2

K03rKQ.png

And then, I replaced this Electric field for my own Misty field, for the following reasons :

-Mitigate Electric and Explosion damage.

-Boosting my Icy wind.

-Negate all Paralyses she could use on me.

6Lk8gL.pngvrKGR1.png

And as the result, Helioptile is one-shotted by Icy Wind.

hk9lFH.pngIaJ0nS.png

And these two Voltorbs too. I took one Sonicboom in the face and dodged another, but it's ok.

FWcfKa.png

Emolga tried it's best to hurt me with... quick attack, but got One-shotted too.

FFfznr.png

And then Mist went off.

JdUcHm.png

I took one turn to place it again, fearing flame charge. Fortunately, Julia choose to Thunder Wave Amaura... Which has been negated by the Mist.

pWuvx8.png

And then Blitzle got One-Shotted too. My Amaura is a true monster... Scary, no?

WjggtO.png

The mighty Electrode is out! Will Amaura beat it?

KSDMGM.png3D5SqL.png

I took one Charged Beam, which didn't boost Electrode, and I really freaked, because I forgot to heal, and saw Sonicoom... fortunately, it missed.

PpCHr5.pngCLKU5q.png

As expected, Julia tries to heal her Electrode, but I still spam Icy Wind.

9cn9AS.png4zkd2x.png

The Mist went off once again, but I choose to not put it again. You know why?

SstiEJ.png

Because all these Icy winds Electrode took reduced its Speed at a point even Amaura can outspeed it. And scored the final blow.

pdmrFq.pngMBdOVj.png

And I learned Aurora Beam over Rock Throw. i don't really need it after all.

FXf7UK.png

Here it is. You learned how to score a Hexakill with... Amaura!

(To improve my chances, I could have healed, but.. I'm quite reckless sometimes)

0uumNn.pngUuPMxW.png

Give me that! It's mine! I need it!

P7t9WU.png

Which I still have to find.

JeaZW7.png3kCfxk.png

I'll be useful. Especially on Amaura.

3uXSBt.png

What? It's sleeping time?

61GcCs.png

Well I have to go too. Good Night, Julia. And good bye, everyone. i have to go.

Here we are. This episode is a bit longer, but it should fill your hunger for avdentures... Until the next one come out.

I'm REALLY sorry about this mess and this double post. I just learned about the Image quantity limit, and I don't want to reformate all my work, since my time is short.

See you later anyways. Hope you like this.

Edited by Shinyrio

• Administrators

For the record, this is fine considering the image limit and the second post still contributing just as well. Don't worry too much about it.

great work, I thought this was a hardcore run of Reborn, that would be nigh impossible to beat Julia then with 2 pokemon. Great job though - you can always manipulate the time on your PC to force sunny weather, even if you skip a few weeks ahead to get it

great work, I thought this was a hardcore run of Reborn, that would be nigh impossible to beat Julia then with 2 pokemon. Great job though - you can always manipulate the time on your PC to force sunny weather, even if you skip a few weeks ahead to get it

No no, I dont feel THAT ready to challenge Hardcore Reborn in another way than normal play, don't talk about challenging it with MonoIce. And about time manipulation, I don't really need it. You'll see that later.

Anyways, welcome back into this new Episode of :

Last time, I got little trouble in defeating Julia... Even though I was lucky and my recklessness wasn't punished cause of a couple of Sonicboom misses.

Consider this episode as an Easter present I made for you. Hope you enjoy.

Episode 3 : Grinding, befriending and stinking.

t27j1s.pngUYwlTc.png
Oh... Hello.. Can you let me outta here? I want to heal.
VyeOcS.png
And I've 12 more to go. It gonna be a looooong road.
OnpX2V.pngEv5ZUp.png
Yeah, and it would be easier if I could freeze them, since Ice > Grass.
qzGtmr.png
Few. She's gone. Lemme heal, please, thanks.
uVHvM1.png
And welcome back, I need your looting talents. Still no battle for ya.
PfSRPi.png
I wonder.. Did some thugs respawned in Opal Bridge?
WD2jBS.png8rdquA.pngCzR0wi.png
Well, I smelled it. MOAR xp for my Bergmite.
CiFA8K.png
Oh, hello again, Flobot. "What" are you tonight?
wseyM6.png
Of course I am! I want your badge after all. And get rid of ALL plants in the area.
k2i6pD.pngWwoOJi.png
That's why being a hero pays, people : you're litterally a living Multipass.
0GrelR.pngFB6bZ9.png6f6qMw.png
Secondary objective : get your badge and never see you again, you "Bionic Scanner".
Though I once crossed the path of a leader who is LITERRALY a robot... in what game was it?
6UgUZp.png
I you want to see me again... Why telling me "Farewell"?
aR2xj4.png
Finally, we're in Obsidia. First, re-explore the area.
z097We.png
Hum.. Nothing.. That's not the Pokemon center, here...
cD1h6s.pngd18Ibc.png
WOW! I didn't expect you here. You scared me!
tr0FPs.png
And here we are, the Obsidia Pokemon Center. Lots of people here.
BZG9DV.pngxCx8V0.png
Well, I know where he is... But it will take more episodes to find him. Just wait.
jWn38x.png9OZEgc.png
Hum... I admit I don't remember... I should check a guide for this.
2rFNWr.pngvdcCzx.pngMueRIa.png
Well, here, we have the girl who trade a Furret for a Castform! But.. I'm hesitating. Even though Castform can have an Ice Typing through one of his forms, it isn't as permanent as Rotom's... I shall trust your judgement, people. Should I take it?
1jtC62.png
Well, this path will lead me to an interesting place at this point of the game : the perfect grinding place full of Noibats with a maximum lvl of 18. The ideal for an Ice type trainer like me. Let's go!
A nice grinding later.
eRCMb1.png
Perfect. this should do.
ecLzMY.png
What a mess. Hope this place will be nicer when E16 will come out.
2j5y8t.png
I need to make a reserve of Potions. battles will be harder.
u7KIie.png
And this trainer too surprised me. Didn't really expected this one too.
IPRDhI.png
Behind this door... A new friend waits me.
DQFTLd.pngzWo4lP.png
No, not the Swirlix, this ain't an Ice Type.
c81tix.pngkLgvGB.png
But rather the one behind this boy. Fortunately, Zigzagoon dropped a Choclate Ice Cream earlier, so I can buy this little kid the access to the vendor.
UcLa1i.pngZsLX5Z.png
And here it is! My new friend, the powerful Vanillite!
apcA0V.png5SEUms.png
OMG, and a Shiny one (even if its 1/100, to get it at the first try is nice). And she has also good Nature and Iv's. Well, could not have better for a first try. Except maybe the Ability, but it's not a problem with more Ability Capsules.
P0Ydgj.png
I've already told about this grinding place.. Sooo. HERE WE GO AGAIN!
So much grinding later that I felt sleepy during it and I had to go to bed and finish it this morning.
nBSxhw.png
And for the Trivia, I got this nice Shiny Noibat too. Even though he is useless in this run.
cZ7vE6.png
Well, NOW, my Pokemon are ripped! It'll be easier, with what awaits me.
9nogam.png
Time for the next part of Obsidia. I have a person to meet.
uDroAw.png
Well, i didn't talk about this guy... And Lillipup isn't interesting.
CS9wIJ.png
But I was talking about Victoria, who waits me at this precise place, ready to gank me!
j7RaHy.pngGQAbYj.png
Well.. It stinks. Not only about the slums, but about the situation.
PY91XL.png
Yes, and I am serious. I have a mission!
e03ntP.pngASJQuW.png
Of course you have to try to stop me, with your OP fighting team!
gm8Taz.png
Well, Of course, I have a strategy for this one, because of Pignite : I decided to spam Curse on this ralts.
ITe6nM.pngAI4dZ9.png
And the ultimate Bergmite is now Overpowered, with too much ATK and DEF, making everyone a snack for breakfast.
7XC03e.png
Well... This Ralts tried to spam Double Team... And that worked, since I missed 4 bites in a row. I got it at last.
Plus, I forgot to screen, but I One Shot Makuhita beside being hit by 4 Arm Thrust
phJ3Gp.pngwEjodi.png
And the Scary Pignite is here. I have to fully heal with what I have left. Need to buy stronger healing items instead of tiny potions.
4hkpz9.png
4 Arm Thrust, and at most the quarter of my life... This is perfect!
exAClN.png
And Take Down One Shot him. One big trial done!
X5dKcw.png
You are scary with your Fighting types. I really need some Pokemon to overcome them.
TmpWmk.png
... Maybe. I can't promise with Meteor and all these thugs around here.
inCNOh.pngsBAS2v.png
NOT THIS TIME. I'm not surprised at all! Twice, but not three times!
OWXkQc.png
Here we are, the entrance to the slums. Let's anihilate every thug inside.
CRCe4F.pngxKVkOj.png
That's two of them.
XiuEy1.pngGeLBJ2.png
That's like a one time Nurse Joy... But without the nice voice... But kinda handy.
N4YFB7.png
And another thug down.
9UM4Vh.png
I hated this puzzle the first time I done it... but now, it should'nt be a problem at all.
u2lj4W.png
Finally out of it. In less than 30s. Take notes, guys.
myYEJ6.png
And another thug before exiting this room.
5Vljq7.pngKD0kMo.png
I remember this "special box". Fortunately I'm not afraid of what could happen.
z3sLJK.png
Trust my experience : something which has a special "Dialog text" is NOT ordinary.
sEiG2n.png
And we get the most useless TM in all the world. Seriously, why this TM even exist in the first place? I wonder.
NStfoT.png
And another Light Shard. And this time, I REALLY need to heal.
SBhg6z.png
Another room to explore... But I want to get outta these slums... it stinks!
XeP952.png
This Techie almost destroyed me with his Magnemite... But fortunately I have some potions and a Parlyz Heal to get rid of this.
qijfEv.png
Found you! Get back here, Scraggy.
qDjWal.pngLIjYbj.pngSAHm5F.png
Scraggy.. I hear you!
JsKaDA.png
Well, it fled. But I'll find him later.
iP7zKS.pngcQbiGV.png
Also, I crossed the path of this trainer, who had the "Magikarp". Unfortunately, he lost it.
9kpsZG.png
The last thug in this slum. We're nearly out.
yG5Vnb.png
One door left, and behind it...
7KtU0o.png
The Scraggy (and Scrafty) gang! Let's freeze them.
5XLrED.png8vUqyW.png
Well, that was easy. They have no Fighting type Moves, and the Mist/Ice ind combo wiped them.
ipg4y7.png
And here we are! Finally outside of the slums!
Unfortunately, I'm short of place with all my images, so I have to stop here. See you next time for the following.

And that's all for now. Maybe I have time to make the following part today. If not, see you tomorrow. And good Easter day for everyone!

Edited by Shinyrio

I feel like you should take the Castform (and Rotom in the future). An Ice Monotype is already hard, might as well make it a bit easier on yourself. Maybe just make sure you send it out only in hail (from Amaura) or something?

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your run~

I feel like you should take the Castform (and Rotom in the future). An Ice Monotype is already hard, might as well make it a bit easier on yourself. Maybe just make sure you send it out only in hail (from Amaura) or something?

Well, I know what to do now. I'll get Castform ASAP... But the only Form i shall transform it on purpose will be it's Ice Form (Bringing it out during a Rainy Day will be considered changing into another form purposely, which I don't allow me to).

i'm sorta disappointed that the shiny vanillite doesn't look like the poop emoji.

Fortunately, she doesn't. Blue Moon Ice cream are the perfect ones to expose Shinyness.

And thanks everybody for your answers. Well, you know what? I feel pumped enough to do another Episode of :

Didn't expected it so soon, I presume? Well that was really quick, and many things are done within this episode.

Well, enjoy it. I offer you Ice Creams as a bonus.

Episode 4 : The Evil Trinity

zXe3ku.pngzfXqta.png

Well... I think... This is clearly not the way... I don't know why... Maybe the 2 blocking NPC characters.

dcmCFn.png
Here we are. Coral ward. The foggiest one. (I don't know if this word actually exist, pardon my unperfect english)
EAB8PG.png
Let me improvise myself as a Guide! Here, we have the abandoned Gym, which will be rebuilt in Episode 16.
TTJ3T1.png
We have the magnificent Pokemon Center, the true oasis here.
kFMDiq.png
And here is a sympathic fisherman... Who has only caught some Grimer for a strange reason.
lcIcZx.pngUs23pv.png
An empty Warehouse... I don't really know why I had you go in there. There is NOTHING!
4lgDgC.png
This one should more inters... Oh, nevermind, I don't have the key.
pnYYvW.png
And finally, the famous Piers... With a woman at the edge.
awpI9t.png
Don't worry, Miss, I will sav...
SzBxpE.pngHd8rDY.png
CAIN! I'm trying to impress this girl. Can you come back later?
qh9C6G.pngMzO6N0.png
Oh, thanks for reminding me... Just kidding. I know I have to beat her later.
dxX6Td.png1KFmkh.png
Wait... You're not trying to steal all the glory, aren't ya?
UDv0Lw.png7DWtpk.pngR3RSMh.pngnnM1jH.png
AND OF COURSE YOU DO... Well I admit I have no Poison/Steel types, so I couldn't do it.
X1XPC2.pngCijY1w.png
And of course, he also steals the Oshawott... But he deserves it after all.
Jd6vqy.pngCrjNC3.png
Keep it, I say... But I will find another later... If Ame decides to implant another one...
oWTjej.pngbF8Y3y.png
Now, it's time to...
gKFBM8.png
B-B-B-B-ATTLE! (No, I don't really want to be assaulted by lawyers, thank you)
aH6ig5.png
Mist is already in place. This should gave me an advantage with my trademark : the Super Icy WindTM.
FmzEGP.png
Well, Grimer was only 2 Shotted. But Cain used a Potion for nothing, so it's ok.
AfojfA.png
I switched, cuz of Vanillite loss of accuracy (Grimers Mud Bomb), and Bergmite is more than able to tank Nidorino's Double Kick.
UBzrDO.png
See? 3 Icy winds and some Double Kick Later, Bergmite beats Nidorino.
p6HHf5.pngIRBR8x.png
Venonat Confused Vanillite, but it doesn't seem to distract her, since she was able to beat it.
NjWZnS.pngWL0Z55.png
And then Oshawott couldn't stand the Uproars. Flawless Victory again!
cn7JsD.png
I would say it's "Cooling down".. But Yeah, that's right.
dRgURT.png
All the ways... EXCEPT the way you think the most. I dare you!
vANbTy.png
If Oshawott survives the "Poisoning environment"... well it could be ok.
hhz4Y0.pngkjOy1p.pngDdPq4h.png
... Some people should learn the sense of Priorities. Especially important NPC.
XiLeZr.png
Well, Nothing to do here anymore. Let's back to Obsidia.
KJ7hl2.pngWVW302.png
I think this is the perfect way to say "No". Don't take drugs, Kids.
WIuldj.png
Dupont and Dupond are not here anymore, we can go.
5elFB4.png
OH NO! Not the cats! I'm allergic! I'm out!
coN4ED.png
Ha, here you are.
nzD2Uw.pngwd9n7P.png
Oh... That's new... Wait, I already heard about TMX. Now they are forgettable at will if I remember correctly.
pwa8XG.png
One thing to do before... Learn the attack.
KRYZ3p.png
Well, only my Zigzagoon can learn it... So it's not that bad.
CPIUI1.png
HI-YA!
5IMSt6.pngHMjYJt.png
Well... That's what you deserved for telling me to lead the way, THEN to lead it anyways. Level of logic : Zero.
5FaAam.pngVZxJZM.png
Well.. It's not as if we were 2 Leaders and one cool Ice trainer... But you don't seem to bother battling them anyways.
MfBqys.pngYWxVSI.png
Zero, Eve and Lumi... You Know, I've already learned about "Multiples personnalities", but you are a bit too.. far in this.
Em2KyE.pngc34rp5.png
Again! the famous Syndrome of "Villain Auto-satisfaction by speaking too much".
WxoOD6.pngGoIIXC.png
I will! And i will even freeze it.
MbPeDA.pngLSxZfH.png
Come on, Tangrowth. I know this is not even your final form!
fHMHhn.png
Now you finally decided to show off, eh? Let me show you MY strength as an Ice type Trainer.
guyjfI.png
And putting Misty Field will help me, for 2 reasons
-Of course, the first one, you all know : the famous Super Icy WindTM
-And another effect, that is not part of the field : avoid Spe.Def drop of the Acid sprays. That is part of Mist's effect, and I'm the only one who can benefit.
6NVOYe.pngwIQ9ya.png
Each Icy Wind was able to take of 1/4 HP. So eventually, I was able to solo him with only Vanillite. And I couldn't even beat it before...
S5HK3K.png
I'm not afraid of PULSE anymore. This belongs to the past now!
N9F2v9.pngskpdyq.png
Yeah, it is. You've failed!
JnFXBE.png
Well... I have 12 badges more to go... So of course it's not over... unfortunately (or Fortunately? Because I'm glad to tell this story)
kxQM5O.pngzZWg2G.png
Qrh4iq.png
Well... The word "Team" should be enough to figure this anyways.
WuAqVg.png
Bye Amaria... Wait, I don't have your phone numb... Damn, she's gone.
5qnaRS.png
I will. But I have another thing to do before going to your gym.
HQOu4B.png
Well.. That's not what I thought. I told about a MORE important thing.
SVZDcJ.png31GBbL.png
Yeah, I'm going to investigate about this. What happens with the daycare?
BteKoS.png
Since the plants are all cleared in Obsidia, I can go there now.
4tf6pY.pngSetWYx.png
... You're not the Daycare couple, aren't you?
jL1ySl.pngtRQrIw.png
Oh please... No...
0bqZ2A.png6ANmhv.pngF51uu3.pnghLinBa.png
Not this Wannabe Team Rocket I defeated earlier.
L4T9WA.pngbzeaV2.png
You have finished? Cuz your motto is... Colored like a Chocolate Ice Cream.
Xuchbc.png
Get away! And for information, I didn't send Zigzagoon voluntary. Aron dragged him out with Roar.
0RljDn.png
The fact is... I already know! Since I've done it once.
PpSVZn.png
And I even know this key is here! What a surprise!
P0b0Ap.png
And this Key opens this warehouse. I know it, it is written in the script!
Uu4oxK.png7GRIuf.png
I'll do. I've plenty of tricks I'll do with you. See you later!
cH0A4x.png
And it's very late, so I'll stop here. Good bye!

Fiew, that's a lot of things I've done in a single day. I should really figure out a mean to show multiple images with only one BBCode.

Anyways, see ya tomorrow. And I hope you enjoy this!

Edited by Shinyrio

That's a lot of updates in a short span of time. Keep up the good work!

(Or y'know, take a break, it could be unhealthy... >_>)

Anyway, interesting run so far. Hoping to see more ice puns.

Even if they end up being COLD jokes!

Oh, you know, it's because it's Easter (yeah, in France too) that I have plenty of time now... Well my parents are in Spain for now, so I couldn't see them... but that also means all the chocolate is for me! *Ok, i'm out*

Ice puns? And even further. I've put plenty of references in my updates. Can you see all of them?

I love your run. Ice is my favorite along with ghost. Wish you luck against Samson ^^

That's not really Samson who worries me the most... But what comes AFTER! What I'm talking about let me with very bad memories of it. And what's more, I'm doing an Ice Monotype. You should understand, isn't it?

Well, now I've something to say before starting... Or to show.

mj03g3.png6j82Vj.pngFvNBTs.png6MH8Fs.png8bN9uf.pnggs2hMO.pngNwDWSE.png
Behold! My new friend! Meteo the Castform! Obtained and trained in-between Episodes by training a Furret and trading it. And she has good Iv's too (None under 20). But it took me loooong time before obtaining the Sentret!

Believe my adventuring experience: the best way to find something rare... is to never try to search for it. I call this the "Heart of Avalon" effect.
Now, it's said. I still have to welcome you to this new episode of:
Fimbulvetr, the Ice type Monorun
Well, last time, I had lots of things to do... And today, I will confront myself to the second true trial! Yep, I'm talking about the Second Gym!
Will I succeed? Or fail? All the answers are under this line, in the spoiler. Enjoy it!

Episode 5 : Cool Party with a planting robot.

08L9UL.png
Oh, I remember now!
57lPmH.pngLrmHCW.png
I knew it! That was the quest of the "first Ability Capsule" (except the one hidden at the very beginning).
y5LDKy.png
I want to murder him. FOR STEALING MY PUNS!
W3u5xq.png
Well, screw this PNJ. I have more important to do, like changing the ability of Amaura. And replacing Take down with Charged Beam.
e4TJZf.png
I still have to enter here before going to Onyx Ward. The most important marketing place of Reborn!
rWqtyF.pngsy88zf.pngceN5mO.png
And to get this! Now I have to collect ALL the stickers all around Reborn... This will take ages, but I did it once. This should be easy now.
sHOlaz.png
I have a strange impression... To forget something..
Orx7Dl.png
Oh yeah, there was still a trainer to beat... But this is something more important...
N0KEWw.png
And this Purple Shard too... But I REALLY think I forgot a place, somewhere... but I don't remember.
7O4czm.png
Well, I will remember later. Let's go to Onyx and let's clean the Area of ALL the thugs!
zHuH9j.png7SrAkX.pngIohxez.pngVY4Qhy.pngU7sVdd.png
PERFECT! There should be nothing more to beat!
TWDIN4.png
The arcade? Well let's go inside.
hUqMLO.png8xASPz.png
League of Legends is a drug, guys... But it is legally approved, so screw this.
iU8Fqo.png
I FOUND IT! The Great Architect of all this reality! The one behind the screen!
... Wait, Ame is already inside the game. So who are you, faker?
Kja6LX.png
... Well I don't really have the intention to play now, there's no Ice Pokemon amoung the prices.
5eccWH.pngWsfdCv.png
Well i didn't realised it before looking my party, but I received an Egg. And a Ciel Seel Egg which should normally have Perish song in it. That should be useful! Once hatched. But I won't care of it until after the second badge, I have already a good team in hand.
... Wait a minute guys! I remember now!
6DI7UD.png
HAHA! I knew it! There's still a place to explore in Obsidia. Since the plants are out!
WIib5j.png
Let me pass, thank you!
fxwCj2.png
And the Obsidia Alleyway. Now time to beat all the trainers here!
BUDzge.pngAAnBZT.pngMRpyVD.png
This should do! Strong pokemon they have, though.
G9DGMY.png
Sorry, Litleo, but I'm not interested in you for now. Maybe later.
Now, I FINALLY finished with Obsidia, I can go to Onyx Trainer School... And the second gym!
pxlpWQ.png
Why? Can't I see the inside of the School too? Plus i have some things to learn to you, you know?
VIWNbN.pnggPuGPD.png
WHAT? FERN! I HAVE BEATEN A HUGE TANGROWTH! ISN'T IT WORTHY ENOUGH FOR YOU!
T13wm3.pngPTjwh5.png
You smelly little rat! I should send you in the slums, you'll be at home!
16awJu.png
COWARD! No gate will prevent me to pass!
Sh59kK.png
Especially if there's another entrance to the said gym.
(Sorry, young trainer I forgot to screen, but I have to pass, thank you!)
GZ7Cxs.pngciZ2EC.png
Here we are, in da place! Let's heal first... But seriously, why placing a Center exactly where it's difficult to go?
uZvAuu.png
What? i'm 25! I should learn you the respect of someone who plays Pokemon since Blue!
SWuaAd.pngtWGH8N.png
Well. That's better!
gIeqqS.pngNfQrFk.png
Hum... I wish I had a time machine for you... but sorry, this doesn't exist.
8Wpq2E.pnggkWwY1.pnggD1fT1.png
*Takes the Coin case in the face*. *Put it in the bag carefully*.
*And now friendly reports the student for Verbal Abuse. Report*9 Please*
nGQy3D.png
Well... I should tell Ame to not let PNJs block the path. It already happened to me a long time ago in Peridot, in my first game.
t67tAU.png
Hum... very interesting... But I don't have the right item. Maybe later. Or not.
s9HBYq.pngxbC3Z1.png
This floor is cleared now. But I want Fern! I want to freeze him.
2PMCDC.png
Here we are! The ancient room of 4 legendary female trainers who once studied here. Legends says they're Leader now!
Their Diary are still here... But really, no! Not here. I won't freely expose them here. If you want to read them, play the game!
kVRG3m.png
Now we can have easier access to the healing machine!
jGgJWP.png
The last floor to clean. And then, Fern and his sister, the Leader!
fm17Xz.pngVgPljm.pngRmVifg.png5gof3e.png
Voilà! It's done!
WV7WtG.png
This gate is still here. How am I supposed to open it already? I don't think there's a mean besides beating the Leader.
ia7Aml.png
And this is the part of the game I like the most, as a "most perfoming guy in small Pokemon Trivia". I will answer ALL the questions. Without even checking Bulbapedia.
qad3aK.png
Easy!
rQMzfm.png
Just Reborn things about the fields!
8yVTTn.png
The same as Delcatty... What a shame for an evolved form.
vngPBB.png
Just Reborn things about the fields!2
jvoQ58.png
And there's only one of them who doesn't receive STAB on it... outside of his Primal Form!
(And pardon me, I forgot to screen the previous question, but It about the lvl of the Evolution of Cubchoo.. Seriously, I'm in a monoIce, how could I forget this?)
LeQWwx.png
Just Reborn things about the fields!3
And here we are, all the questions down!
WrXSWD.png
Now Fern! You're going to pay!
SQM5hT.pngQ4yHfn.png
No, thank you! YOU will beg for mercy! Behold the Ultimate Power!
HP4Gex.png
You won't escape me this time. Your time has come!
GxUSMV.pngPAjOEn.png
This time, I try another thing : Charged Beam spam, instead of setting up Mist. This makes Fern waste one Super potion on Lombre.
YDzI9r.png
But Aurora beam finished him!
m24KVw.png
I took a Leaf Tornado in da face, but I One shot Servine with Aurora beam.
IbUsfW.png
I had to switch, because Amaura is 26, and won't obey me (Plus, he learned Ancient Power over Aurora Beam)
LxvM5c.pngHqop0Y.png
One transformation and some Weather Balls later (Plus her life being drained by Roselia all the battle), Meteo has beaten Roselia!
CU95Rq.png
It is, Fern! Surrender!
KykBvs.png
WAIT! GET BACK HERE, YOU COWARD!
Damned, he went away. And now I have two overleveled Pokemon . I have to fix it.

(Continues in part 2)

Edited by Shinyrio

Part 2

Two Common Candies and one healing later
GSEd6r.png
The gates are open, since I've answered all the questions. Here I come, Flobot.
vgmea4.png
I forgot to screen my team before the match. But let me present you the team I'll use anyways (all lvl 25)
Vanillite(*) : Mist, Taunt , Uproar , Icy Wind
Castform (Meteo) : Water Gun, Ember, Weather Ball , Hail
Bergmite : Take Down , Bite, Curse , Icy Wind
Amaura : Charged Beam, Icy Wind, Mist, Andient Power
Egg (of Seel) : Not even born yet, lol!
Here it is. The Party can now begin!
HxUDwH.png
Hi, Flobot. We must hurry. I want my badge!
5GNmii.pngyBNJ2o.png
Oh, and we have a crowd to see us? Nice to invite more people to the party!
TLpXd2.pngfvfrdz.png
... I will consider this word as not even applying to me.
jcZY8M.pngK5Wm51.png
Let's set up the mist, as usual. Florinia sets up Spikes... Which will be a pain in the butt, since I've planned to switch a lot.
eptePc.png
But this will be the only action Maractus will do. One shot with the Super Icy WindTM
5vhnIT.png
OURF! That Mach Punch nearly KO'd Vanillite, but she survived and one shot Breloom
YU1w84.pngksQLYV.png
Because of the level truancy, and the presence of Ferrothorn, I switch for Meteo.
Yh1KIr.png
The Mist went off. but Florinia used all the Super Potions on Ferossed. That's worth. And bye Ferosseed.
ER0Kwi.pnggAegkt.png
I decided to sacrifice Vanillite, to set up the Mist and get rid of the Leech seed Feroseed has given to Meteo. I forgot about the truancy at this time, but fortunately, Vanillite listened to me and sets up mist before fainting.
lwkkbB.pngjUvm3n.png
Amaura is hurt by the spikes, but set up the Hail and One shot Cacnea.
tASlA1.png
Ow, That's a side effect of setting up the mist, people: Nature Power... hurts! But fortunately, Amaura is able to whistand it and One-shot Cottonee.
2j7ZLD.png
And finally, the Cradily! Meteo should take care of it.
FAe0Or.png
Ow, Even Weather Ball with Hail and Stab only 2hKO cradily without the field. But she was able to not faint to Smack Down and using another Weather ball to win the match for me!
QEuOUu.png
I admit : you put a better match than Julia. I should upgrade my team... But evolution is soooo far.
jT6ESw.pngOAfie7.png
Give me! I've waited this day for so long! The day I finally beat you on the first try!
fXzAhY.png
I should try to turn this into Moonblast with Mist. this should be useful.
8m72SE.png9qVw01.png
However, the adventure is still not finished! Next step : resolve the Jasper crisis and get more Badges.
UOMeDN.png

And i will leave you here for today! Once again,this Episode is longer, but this is about a Gym Match.

And we're finally here. Another long Episode. I hope you enjoy this. See you next time for more MonIce.

NDzDGi.pngUNtSbR.pngFOS1LU.pngYeF9Q0.png
Ihfjf6.png

Not a bad one. But not an excellent one either. I trained her until 17, and let her in the Daycare to XP more without fearing useful attack erase.
I see you want more. Or this run makes you speechless. Or I update so frequently you don't even have the time to comment. Anyways, welcome back to this new Episode of :
Fimbulvetr, the Ice type Monorun
Last time, we got a brand new shiny badge, after a good battle.
Today I played until a certain point. But I have so much to show you : the equivalent of two episodes.
So instead of having one big episode, I'll do 2 small : one tonight and the other tomorrow morning.
I won't let you wait more. Let's go!

Episode 6 : The Secret of the Fake Jungle (Part 1)

yGh3x0.png
Well I won't show the trainers I've beaten on my way here. Especially if there is only one!
nhREe8.pngOxsTSd.png
#MultiPass
SXRzXD.png
Finally in Jasper. So much plants in here. And its Police station.
pNmZBo.png9CJMBL.png
This is how a legend builds itself. The legend of a eeeeeviiiiiiilllll moooooonsssteeeeer *kofkof*.
asm71h.png
Oh, hi! But... It's very empty here. And we need your "competence".
UcTohq.pngxKfk1V.png
What I like in Pokemon Reborn is the fact that even unimportant NPC's recognise us... But we can't even know who is this person in particular. They're IDENTICAL!
SYAl8Q.png
Again! Multipass!
q2N0iJ.png6b4Spr.png
Let's begin the famous "Quest of the 5 Policemen"! I think I remember where they are.
zSPag0.png0DDmpS.png
Suspect induvidual in the area! I request authorization to arrest him!
wfiGEH.png
Oh noes! I don't have handcuffs... Well nevermind, I shall reason these survivors : their best idea is to battle despite being lost... Poor souls.
lMwMly.png5B8I8F.png
They should recover quickly now!
xAeOW2.png
This center is not well placed IMO... But it is quite useful!
N4tuW9.png
I can't freeze these plants and smash them... So I have to cut them.
Yf1Bna.png
Well, I found one of the Policemen... How am I supposed to get rid of this already?
1OpF3R.png
DEFINITELY NOT THIS WAY! I say.
JWdkKg.png
If I could make an Ice Sword and cut these trees, it would be better... But they REALLY want me to use these useless TMX.
uUoCjq.pnguA00vs.png
One more Meteor! You're under arrest!
YCXcc2.png
This question... I don't "Like" to cut it... I'm FORCED to!
b8hYI9.png
As far as I know English Language... I still don't know what "Malchous" means... Unless it's a Place Name.
bLVAbP.png
Even more Meteor. I shall neutralize them! Quickly!
zwSJic.png
Well Ok, that's one for the moment, the other will follow, because...
hJdKm0.png
There's a way here.
czK3Vl.png
I know it's clearly not the right path. But these two big houses have something for me.
hXZCtE.pngxgoD74.png
If even Meteor grunts reminds me... Don't be weak, Shiny! It's still team Meteor, and they detain someone you must free!
cvHuju.png
AND THEY MUST PAY! For Reborn, and everything else!
AEagbp.png
Policemen count : 1/5!
6HJun9.png
And the other house... A non-functionning elevator. I will come back later, maybe it will work... Maybe.
Ewow6f.png
Hum... There's still Meteor in the area, I won't pick this Light shard yet.
xTqz20.pngQ6iVAx.png
They were here. And now they are not!
JazV3u.png
Oh... Hello... Mister "???"?
T6QUPX.png
Rio. Shiny Rio. Ice Agent in the MI6 since 1990.
00azE1.png
Well... News are spreading at the speed of light, nowadays.
1wWMNS.png
You now,... I'm a PULSE too : a "Person Utilizing his Language Skills Efficiently"... Ok I'm out.
ZFQFVY.pngl9I9U3.png
OBJECTION! These two statements are in total contradiction! I demand a Cross-Examination!
cGiKMA.pngoVQtPa.png
... I wonder HOW THE HELL I shouldn't take it easy.
jiazfS.png
Setting up the Mist strategy, as usual.
3SkwC7.pngVvIb3r.png
Super Icy WindTM forces Taka to use all his Super Potions, so it's cool.
Qyh47L.png
And he went directly to his Final Form!
TPFfZf.pngJBXeLY.png
I was forced to heal... but at the end, Vanillite couldn't solo the Tangrowth another time.. He spammed Mega Drain!
xOnTuE.png
Well, Meteo could beat him with two ehanced Normal Meteo'Ball... Did I tell you it's windy today? And because of that, I can't pull off Hail outdoors.
mlQ2vD.png
Today's advice : NEVER! I say "NEVER"... Battle this thing during windy days! It's the equivalent of M-Rayquaza Ability... Which means Chatot is a monster without Weaknesses!
eFv2eI.png
And... he hurts! Bergmite couldn't even land a scratch.
b2bjW8.png
I didn't wanted to pull him in the fight (because I wanted to XP the other Pokemon), but Amaura beats Chatot in 2 well placed Icy Winds.
QWY9mT.png
And you failed. Told you! Try harder next time if you want to kill me!
7rJ23R.pngtFtRu2.png
I'm tired of all these PULSE... But I have to. They're dangerous.
tWul3s.png
Well, Taka escaped. And I ran into this little girl.
Hhqlnu.pngSfyC31.png
Hum... And how can you do that, you have no...
11zZ7G.png
...A Salamence... I shouldn't be afraid of that as an Ice Trainer, but COME ON! I'm not even convinced she has enough badges to control this guy!
l1KcC9.png
Since this PULSE is gone, the plants are too. So I can activate this elevator.
BEI3vr.png
You're now free! I need something in your possession.
ZDRxiF.pngTn3tmz.png
Yeah, I'm talking about this! The third Departement Store Ticket! I can now access the 4th floor!
0j9PzZ.png08WvYl.png
Policemen count : 2/5.
pPwBYd.png
But the PULSE crisis is not completely shut down! Will Shinyrio succed in defeating Team Meteor? Will his Icy Will prevail? You'll see this in the next Episode : The Secret of The Fake Jungle (Part 2)

See you tomorrow for the next part. Good night!

And here we are for the second part of this episode. Hope you'll enjoy this!

Episode 6 : The Secret of the Fake Jungle (Part 2)

8gCPJM.pngAo10dc.png
Beryl Ward! Its plants, its bridge...
Jgd5ev.png
And of course, the Power Plant... Closed for now.
WXWqXm.png10A4r9.png
Oh, since it's windy today, this little guy appears.
Zbkwsi.png
Just captured it for the collection and because it's a limited event.
Which makes me wonders... The availability guide is incomplete then, since we can have Drifloon in mono-Ghost before the next gym! The only requirement seems to only be the windy day.
ahfuse.pngHcsmbu.png
Lapis... I can't acces it yet, but I'll remember that. But I don't think you'll make it alone.
Urjhmx.pngMpwQ4c.png
I KNEW IT! Well, I have to beat these 3 Bug-Type Pokemon.
One tough battle later.
AycBxB.png
Man! Forgot the Scolipede was Level 36 : He nearly destroyed me. Fortunately, he didn't have Speed Boost, so I could slow it and sweep!
UXbLHH.png
See you later, Kid. You have something I need.
9aJ2L8.pnggEIh6j.png
And yet another big jungle to explore. The PULSE should not be far...
MTAT0R.png
... I should tell Ame to prepare a scenario case in which we DON'T have to step into this "Team Rocket trap".
gpZoBH.png
GERONIMOOOOOOOOO!
3dVEwI.png
And here I am. Captured by the Nuzlocke Prophets. They're angry at me cuz I'm doing a MonoRun.
epts5a.png
I wonder how the Nuzleafs didn't capture you... You're doing a Mono-Grass, no?
6JOzeW.png
I would have 3, if these PULSE weren't constanly in my way... But why did I even bother to answer you?
jQC1g8.png0GNSUv.png
Amaura... Please... FREEZE HIM! I don't want his help even If he's the last other person in this world.
4XYWOd.png
I wonder... How the events are coded in this scene? Since they're seemingly time based..
H5WwyK.png
Cuz I don't know if it's the fact I walked a lot or waiting a certain time, which makes this OP Chatot appears and free me.
QguByD.png
... COME ON, Nuzleafs. Unless you count someone who has only Growlithes as doing a MonoRun, you have nothing to do with this Policeman!
hvuBS7.png
Policemen count : 3/5!
OB3kPV.png
Another cave... Where does it bring me to?
ny4uzL.png
Oh, this wood switch! I need it, because...
80LO9T.png
This way is blocked! I need the 2 other wood switches! And I see them!
bPgHc5.png
One down... But I have to exit the Jungle for the last switch.
60XEux.png
METEOR IN SIGHT! PROCEEDING TO EXTERMINATION!
DxJgdI.png
Eradication complete!
0PZwiT.pnghGSGf7.png
This place is creepy... But I think this should do.
w4YW2U.pngpbc05o.png
And here we are! The most valuable treasure of Reborn : the Grand Library of the Fields effects!
3acfJ2.png
Wait, there's 6 missing spots here. If we count the upcoming Inverse and Dragon's Den fields... There's 4 more to go? Really?
*Opens the pronostics*
vDbIf4.png
You won't escape me forever, you evil item! I'll beat PULSE, and get you later!
ScqRPR.png
Brrrrrr... Why did I took this item?
vWAUPW.pngabRJbu.png
Ow... Seems one Policeman is... no longer with us... Poor Growlithe.
This is sad, but... Policement count : 4/5!
RlX99z.png
We'll see it later. I'll need this one!
6qV3l6.pngtr7spJ.png
Meanwhile, in "Looser Town"... A new inhabitant : this Meteor!
Jz2LB6.pngefIKQK.png
HERE IT IS! I can now leave this jungle!
C8QXvX.pngCy1Jh2.png
Is it really a Meteor grunt job, to guard the trees I'm supposed to cut?
dRpLKX.png
And in this small alleyway...
pYCcpg.png1Ayxzx.png
YOU AGAIN? I told you : stop detaining the Policement. this should be the other way around!
I5xYcB.png
Policemen count : 5/5!
Mission accomplished!
DNn6aB.pngyriWH8.png
You know... I'm not really concerned about the orders. I'm here to play!
RJRMGT.png
IT'S-A ME! SHINYRIO!
8hhm6r.pngqn4fOm.png
The renowed expert in PULSE destruction across the Galaxy!
0NNIa6.png
Haha..
Haha..
Haha..
Am I supposed to laugh at this Ice Pun? Since he WILL be the wictim?
IB1fvJ.pngAgvYZK.png
Hey, little girl! I have a question : how do you control this Salamence? You don't have the badges!
Szf9vy.png
Hey, this is impolite, mister! How dare you interrupt an important conversation?
bE3Vuw.png
Here we come : the most difficult double battle in the game. And remember, it's windy today!
766szo.pnggSEqcu.png
The mist is set, as usual. And I try a different approach : "focusing" Taka and his Pokemon. Since it's windy, I consider him more dangerous than ZEL and their Eeveelutions.
4DP7mF.png
Tangrowth is defeated.... But the True Monster, the incredible Chatot, will appear!
vF8JMD.png3fdfcU.png
And I beat them simultaneously. Now I have only ZEL's pokemon to focus.
hHVgLi.png59uZ8d.png
Espeon is strong, but It's a 2v1 match. It's easy with the Ice Wind spam!
YvMi66.pngHcCiDw.png
And the Umbreon stands no chance : he couldn't even scratch Bermite.
Znlzf6.pnghFNIPJ.png
These cowards fled! You'll do, mysterious Meteor agent!
VCLkMO.png
COME BACK HERE!
C9yBAA.pngyPJpfk.png
HAHA! Nice job, guys! It's about time Police in Pokemon is useful.
xfA7Ie.pngs0DAeT.png
Oh, what a surprise! How are you, Corey? The first time I did Reborn, I let you go, but this time.. You're unmasked!
vyQ84C.png
If my dad would be reavealed as a dangerous criminal... Well I don't know how I would react myself...
m8UBCx.png
Give me your badge, and I let you rot in jail instead of freezing you!
rBBOsR.pngUzI1iw.png
But... The cold is cool too... I mean, the snow, and everything related to winter... It should be joy!
gPefUE.png45Ptes.png
NINJA! Why are the bad guys ALWAYS flipping Ninjas?
Vc3w4H.png
Well, the gym will wait.
XeiWTM.png
I have some more things to do before the gym. One of them is to save. And the other... Then, the readers will decide!

Here it is. I'm sorry about delivering it late, but I wanted to take a little break for the day.

Plus, since I have now the possibility to have the Mystery Egg, I want to ask you all one question:

If I don't have a Sneasel Egg when I check it for the first time, should I request for a setting, or don't touch it, because it would be too easy?

Thank you for answering, and have a good day.

Edited by Shinyrio

First nice run and second I don't think you need it, I mean you only have to wait until you beat shelly and you get 3 extra ice mons. So if you think you can't get past shelly with your team then yeah take the sneasel. Alternatively you can take the sneasel and only use it until you beat shelly and then shelve it until much later.

Oh, you know, guys, I know where are all the Ice Pokemon I need : we have a superb (But a little bit incomplete : Cryogonal is missing in Ametrine for exemple) guide in the post-it above.

If I can reformulate my thought : I intend to take Sneasel egg if it is really the egg I should receive normally. I just want to ask you, in case I don't have it, if I should reroll in Request-a-mon, or not.

But, if you mean this, well, seems I'll try to beat Shelly with my current team. But I want to wait other posts, let's see what you have to said, everybody!

Edited by Shinyrio