[Resolved] Is this team good for beryl 2v1 battle?

Xon

I need help understanding if my team (see signature) is good for the battle against Zel and Taka.

I tried to defeat them several times but I always lose, even though I always focused my attacks against Taka's team, I bought berries to cure confusion and my team is from lv 25 to lv 28. I even replaced Loudred with Growlithe to add more firepower against tangrowth...

Needless to say that it's very frustrating, do I have to change my team or to level them up to 30+?

Actually it is probably better to attack ZEL's Pokemon first, as they can deal more damage compared to Lileep and Glaceon's icy wind can be a problem.

You should try to dispatch Espeon and Glaceon quickly at the beginning. When Umbreon is out, you can either focus on it to turn the battle in a 2v1 or damage Lileep.

To take out tangrowth and Chatot more easily, you could paralyze them with Tynamo, and try to plow through them with your other team members.

There are some ways to improve this strategy, like poisoning Lileep (not tangrowth as it gains Poison typing) with stuff like Toxic Spikes (trubbish can set them), using a psychic type like espurr or gothita (espurr can set up screens while gothita - I don't remember if it's still available now though - can lower the enemy's special defense), and bringing a bug type (one example that comes to mind if sewaddle, as it's not weak to psychic) to deal some damage to Espeon. You will need to catch other Pokemon though...

Anyways, as other people have said, it would be better if you provided additional info about your Pokemon.

Nonetheless, I hope I was helpful :)

-As mentioned earlier, having a bug type may be able to help you. I would recommend Kricketot, as it's evolved form can be quite the wrecking ball when using Fury Cutter with technician.

-I would highly advise you take out Zel's Pokemon first, as the duo can easily overwhelm you with a Pulse Eeveelution combo.

-Get rid of Noibat asap, as Noibat is absolutely terrible until it evolves, which is a long way off.

Sorry for the late reply. Here's my team:

Pansear (lv.28):

_Cut

_Flame Burst

_Fling

_Bite

Pancham (lv.25):

_Slash

_Comet Punch

_Karate Chop

_Circle Throw

Frogadier (lv.27):

_Water Pulse

_Round

_Bubble

_Quick Attack

Noibat (lv.28):

_Roost

_Air Cutter

_Wing Attack

_Bite

Tynamo (lv.25):

_Tackle

_Thunder Wave

_Spark

_Charge Beam

Loudred (lv.26):

_Echoed Voice

_Stomp

_Astonish

_Bite

Here is Growlithe instead of Loudred:

Growlithe (lv.25):

_Reversal

_Fire Fang

_Take Down

_Morning Sun

Every one of them has a persim berry to counter Lileep confuse ray, except Pansear which has an iron ball.

In battle actually every enemy pokemon gives me trouble, in particular Espeon's Psybeam and Chatot's Chatter tear apart my pokemon like nothing even if they don't have any particular weakness to flying or psychic type, for example one time chatot one-shotted my tynamo with chatter without even doing critical damage :blink: .

Also another Issue is that moves that should be supereffective don't kill the enemy instantly, a notable example is when my Pansear uses Fling against Espeon: with iron ball Fling should do 130 damage, however for some reason it's not enough to make Espeon blow up :angry: .

At this point I'm starting to think that the game is broken somehow, my team should oneshot every pokemon in their team easily except Tangrowht...

Anyway thanks for the suggestions :)

Edited by Xon

The best Pokemon I've used in this fight are Kricketune and Hariyama. Kricketune's Fury Cutter spam easily destroys ZEL and Taka, while Hariyama can simply use Knock Off and Force Palm to beat ZEL and the Lileep, leaving just the Tangrowth and Chatot for the rest of your Pokemon.

I'd get rid of Noibat or Tynamo for now, since they won't be able to do much until they evolve.

I finally managed to take them down #pigswag I leveled up my pokemon to lv30 and I barely defeated them :o .

I'd have used other pokemons in my squad like some of you suggested, however I didn't have the time to level them up (also I'm lazy lol).

Thanks for the advices anyway ^_^