Well here goes nothing....

So as many of you may know now, I'm NasDav. I've been on the forums for just over a year, but it's felt like longer. I feel like Reborn is a safe haven now a days, sort of an escape from daily stresses of life... However many of you don't know a ton about me, so I'm here to clear up any possible questions people may have..

First off, my name is David, I'm 21 years old and I live in a small suburb of Tacoma Washington. My username refers to how my name came about, my parents and to some extent enjoy auto racing, especially Nascar, in the 1990's there was a certain racer named Davey Allison, my mother and father named me after him, I would have had two names that relate to 90's Nascar, however I inherited a family middle name. My life has for the most part been good, but I have constantly been in a battle with my body. When I was younger I used to be extremely active playing soccer, cycling, swimming, and just doing things outside, well unfortunately one day during an indoor soccer game I ended up having an asthma attack... it made it hard for me to do the things I enjoyed and I eventually started with bowling. Asthma isn't the only problem my body has attacked me with either, from the ages of 5-7 I was in and out of doctor's offices quite regularly, first the Asthma, then I was diagnosed with Eczema, it's very difficult to prevent myself from scratching, the itching it never does stop, then finally a few trips trying to see if I had JRA (Junior Rheumatoid Arthritis), it was a hard for me to play with my friends during recess and I often felt that I couldn't do things that normal kids could. Then in 4th grade I had a pretty bad teacher, and it added another thing onto the ever growing battle I face with myself, I never really was the greatest at hand writing, I've spent the better part of 17 years trying to improve it, but the biggest blow was what my mother was told by my 4th grade teacher: that they should give up and I wouldn't amount to much. Frankly it hurt, and I turned to food as a comfort, so I gained weight, it never really bothered me, but that nagging sentence kept with me, slowly eroding the little self esteem I had at that time. From there schooling was fine until my middle school years when my body grew upwards but I could never seem to lose the weight I had put on, and well I was bullied for it... it got so bad that I decided to take high school classes miles away from my house. In high school it got better, but alas I never could really build self esteem, normal things like speaking to people was difficult and I often find myself trying to avoid situations where I have to speak, while all my friends were dating and talking to girls, I floundered, any time I tried to talk to someone I thought I liked, I'd stutter and it upset me. Since then I've had the nagging suspicion that I would never find anyone that would be right for me, so I gave up.

As it sits right now, most of these insecurities remain, I have tried to hide these insecurities for too long, and I feel it's about time I actually say something as a way to try to make myself lose some of these terrible boons.

Well in essence that's me.

First off, I applaud you for your courage to share this with you. Like you, I have struggled with something and I posted it in Reborn and had many support. This is the thread if you want to read about it: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20125 If you need anybody to talk to, let me know! I'm there for you! Not just me, but I think we all are! :)

• Veterans

First of all, massive respect for you for scrapping together enough courage to post this, Nas. I'm proud of that you're reaching out to people to talk about this now c:

I know the feeling of not fitting in way too well as I've dealt with it before for several years of my life, so I can empathize with that. Know that you aren't the only one and that we're here to support you! I'm already glad that you're getting this off your chest.

There's always people for you to reach out to if you need help, advice or just someone to vent to, so don't ever think you're on your own, okay? Keep on trucking buddy, we got your back :]

I also know what it's like to not fit in. I was bullied since first grade and it stopped when I was in eight grade (I'm now a junior in high school). Once I got to high school, things got better, I'm still struggling, but things are better. So, I believe things will get better for you too. If you need to talk to someone, we're there for you! :)

What Zumi and Cool Girl said basically sum up what i am going to say as well, we are here for you in lending an ear if you need any. From i've learnt and seen from internship experience in hospital is that it's not easy for people to live with atopic diseases like asthma and eczema, i admire your strength to live with the constant struggles, Nas, and we talked a bit on server, you are a caring person, don't let the insecurities losing sight of the good qualities you have in yourself.

I commend you for having the will to share this with us, Nasdav. Many a time such issues remain bottled up when the best thing is to share it with friends. I know I speak for us all when I say that you will always have many people to bank on, if ever you need to.

I certainly can relate to your situation, being alienated by many peers in junior and middle school, also in part due to my figure, which at the time was a figure of fun for many. However, if I may have the arrogance to offer advice, I can only say that there are only two things to do when bullied or when plagued with insecurities: the first is to excel in your chosen fields, excel to such an extent that the bullies are eclipsed and forced even against their will to respect you, for all bullies ultimately obey public opinion. The second is to have friends to talk to, and I reiterate that you will always have friends here, at least, to trust in and who support you.

Edited by Viridescent