How to open up an old computer

Cool Girl

So, one day, I was searching through my stuff and found my mini windows laptop from a couple of years ago. I'm trying to get it to work, so I can use RPG Maker XP on it instead of using my mac. So, I turned it on and it opened and then did this beep sound and turned off, so I turned it on again. Nothing. Also, I tried charging it, waiting, and then turning it on. Still nothing. However, I do see a small blue light, but that's about it. It won't turn on. If anybody knows how to fix this problem, let me know.

Edited by Cool Girl

All I know is that:

1. Usually, when a computer makes some beeping noises when it starts, it means that there is a hardware error (detected by the BIOS). Depending on the brand of the bios / motherboard, you should be able to find out what that acoustic signal means.

2. Most of the time, computers have one small light which indicates the hard disk activity. Probably, the problem has to do with that.

It's not much; I hope I was still a bit helpful :)

• Global Mods

My laptop also makes beeping noises when starting up. The beeps are specific error messages determined by the number and length of the beeps. In my case it's probably a RAM issue, but I don't know how to fix it. It turns on correctly after a random number of attempts ranging from 1 to over 200 (my patience started to get weak so I just leave it on all the time now instead of ever restarting or shutting down, but I wouldn't recommend other people do this because it might cause heating issues and drain the computer's lifespan). In your case though you said nothing happened when you tried to turn it on again, so it's probably a different issue than mine. Yours might even just be dead.

No you didn't. What you did is post a link to imgur. Give us the picture address as seen on the right of the clicked picture. Even so, I doubt we can understand what's wrong from a single look. Better take it to an IT guy.

i have a question how long is it been since last use it its possible that being shut down and stored away to eat dust for a long time caused some internal hardware to break down if so you might need to get it fixed up or something of the sort as most normal laptops need some maintenance after ever few years minimum

well 5 years is a must to have a laptop fixed up so likely thats the case in most scenarios its reversible you should take it to someone who has expertise in the field to repair it

EDIT:though id like to point out in most cases it can be salvaged but theres a just as likely chance its dead and replacing it and geting a new one maybe a better alternative economically and practically.

Edited by NovaKnight

Ok, I got some really good news. I managed to get it up and running again after many years! Man, I'm so tired. I've been trying for days. But, yeah, guys, thanks for all your help.

EDIT: Ok, so just as I managed to get my mini windows laptop started again, a blue screen keeps appearing and shutting down my mini laptop. What should I do?

Edited by Cool Girl