The Fist of Justice (A Pokemon Blaze Black 2 Fighting-Type Monotype Run)

Lord Chespin

Hey! It's been a while since I've done one of these, hasn't it? I've been getting a little burned out with Pokemon Reborn, so I decided to do a monotype run of another game: Pokemon Blaze Black 2! In case you didn't know, this game is a mod of Pokemon Black 2 that does three main things:

1) It modifies the Pokemon encounters so that all 649 Pokemon created at the time are available.

2) It buffs all the trainers (For example, on expert mode, Cheren has a full team and competitive-level strategies).

3) It changes certain Pokemon and moves to make them more useful (For example, Farfetch'd becomes a fighting/flying-type and gets a big buff to its attack and speed, but gets defeatist as its ability).

Now, since the types of Pokemon have changed thanks to this mod, I'll be able to use more Pokemon than I would in, say, Pokemon Reborn. Here's all the Pokemon that I can use in this game that I couldn't otherwise:

+ Farfetch'd (Fighting/Flying)

+ Electivire line (Electric/Fighting)

+ Samurott line (Water/Fighting)

+ Beartic line (Ice/Fighting)

I can't, however, use the Emboar line, which are now Fire/Ground-types. I've also set some ground rules for myself:

* The mod adds the Hoenn Gym leaders back into the game; I have to beat each one before fighting the proper gym leader.

* After beating the Elite 4, I have to go back and rematch every gym leader. After that, I have to defeat the Elite 4 again.

* I cannot use legendaries on my team. The only exception to this rule is that, after defeating all 8 Hoenn gym leaders and all 8 Unova gym leaders, I may use one legendary (I've decided to use Terrakion), similar to the Redemption League.

With all that over with, say hello to Jen Walters anybody get that reference no okay, our protagonist! Here's her team so far:

samurott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 50

beartic.gifHaley (Female) - Lv. 50

electivire.gifZaprong (Male) - Lv. 50

hariyama.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 51

gallade.gifGrapevine (Male) - Lv. 50

primeape.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 50

Here's the Pokemon in Jen's PC:

shroomish.gifAlyx (Female) - Lv. 11

tyrogue.gifTyson (Male) - Lv. 11

ralts.gifInigo (Male) - Lv. 19

combusken.gifZexy (Male) - Lv. 31

scraggy.gifBig Boss (Male) - Lv. 23

lucario.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 40

heracross.gifLeonidas (Male) - Lv. 40

breloom.gifGordon (Male) - Lv. 50

Here's the bosses we have to fight:

nosepass.gifRoxanne (Defeated!)

munchlax.gifCheren (Defeated!)

makuhita.gifBrawly (Defeated!)

whirlipede.gifRoxie (Defeated!)

manectric.gifWattson (Defeated!)

leavanny.gifBurgh (Defeated!)

torkoal.gifFlannery (Defeated!)

zebstrika.gifElesa (Defeated!)

slaking.gifNorman (Defeated!)

excadrill.gifClay (Defeated!)

kingdra.gifJuan (Defeated!)

swanna.gifSkyla (Defeated!)

Spr_3r_000.pngWinona (Undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngDrayden (Undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngTate & Liza (Undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngMarlon (Undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngGhetsis (Undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngUnova Elite 4 (0/4 Defeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngIris (Undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngHoenn Leaders, Round 2 (0/8 defeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSteven + Wallace (Undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngUnova leaders, Round 2 (0/8 defeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngSpr_3r_000.pngUnova Elite 4, Round 2 (0/4 Defeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngIris, Round 2 (Undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngHilbert (Undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngHilda (Undefeated)

As you can see, I've got my work cut out for me. Anyway, here's this run's theme song!

Wish me luck! ...'cause I might need it.

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #1: Origin Story

Well, the first fight against Jen's rival, Draco, wasn't too bad. Jen led with Raiden the Oshawott, and Draco led with his Snivy. Snivy went down to a few tackles (one of which was a critical hit), allowing Jen to continue on with her journey. On to Floccessy Ranch to get new teammates!

The team so far:

oshawott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 7

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #2: Draco Strikes Back

Well, the second fight against Draco (AKA Hugh, our rival) wasn't all that bad. Jen led with one of our newest Pokemon- Inigo the Ralts- and he led with his Tailow. Tailow used a peck, a growl, and a focus energy, but Inigo survived and KO'd it with three confusions!

Up next came Draco's starter- Snivy. Inigo got wrapped, and took some serious damage from a tackle, but managed to confuse Snivy with two confusions,and then got healed with a potion while Snivy injured itself. After that, Inigo tanked a tackle and a leer, and damaged Snivy with two more confusions, but sadly fainted to a vine whip. Jen sent out Eliza, our Riolu, and she tanked a wrap and a vine whip to hold on with just three HP and take out Snivy with a counter and two quick attacks! With that done with, it's time to go explore Floccessy Ranch and prepare for the battle with Roxanne!

The team so far:

oshawott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 11

mankey.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 7

ralts.gifInigo (Male) - Lv. 7

tyrogue.gifTyson (Male) - Lv. 7

riolu.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 9

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #3: Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Well, Roxanne was a lot harder than I expected. On TEH URN, Jen led with Eliza, and Roxanne led with Anorith. Eliza tanked an aerial ace with 5 HP remaining and did massive damage with a mighty counter, taking Anorith down!

Up next came LADY ROOT, GODDESS OF THE CHAT Roxanne's Lileep, and Jen swapped out to Inigo. Poor Inigo only got off a confusion and a double team before fainting to a solar beam, prompting Jen to send out Chun-Li the Mankey. Chun-Li set up a focus energy while Lileep set up an ingrain, then fired off a mighty critical-hit low kick while tanking a rock tomb. She then ended Lileep with another critical-hit low kick, leading to Roxanne sending out her ace and most troubling Pokemon: her Nosepass.

Nosepass surprisingly outsped Chun-Li and did massive damage with a volt switch, but Chun-Li lived and some damage with a low kick before fainting to an ice punch. Tyson the Tyrouge came out next, and he did chip damage with a fake out and a tackle before fainting to two volt switches; infuriatingly, however, Nosepass drank its berry juice, allowing it to heal itself to full health! Jen decided to stop messing around and sent out Raiden, and he tanked a bulldoze to do massive damage with a water gun. Sadly, the bulldoze made him slower than Nosepass, and as a result he got slammed hard with a volt switch; luckily, he lived, and did more damage with a water gun. Both sides then healed their Pokemon with a potion, followed by Raiden tanking another volt switch to do massive damage with a water gun. Unfortunately, even though Jen healed him with a potion the next turn, he was knocked back down to low health with another volt switch. Thinking quickly, Jen swapped him out for Eliza, who took the fall and fainted to a volt switch; this sacrifice returned Raiden's speed to normal, though, and allowed him to KO Nosepass with a water gun! Onwards to Cheren!

The team so far:

oshawott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 13

mankey.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 10

ralts.gifInigo (Male) - Lv. 10

tyrogue.gifTyson (Male) - Lv. 10

riolu.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 12

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #4: Normal is the New Black

Well, Cheren was pretty hard, but once I leveled up my team a little and remembered that Jen could catch a Shroomish, he was a lot easier. On TEH URN, Jen led with Raiden, and Cheren led with Minccino. Mincinno set up two work ups while Raiden set up a focus energy and unleashed a critical-hit water gun; Mincinno then miraculously missed a sing, allowing Raiden to KO it with another water gun!

Up next came Cheren's Lillipup, so Jen swapped out to Eliza. Eliza fired off a quick attack while Lillipup set up a work up, then tanked a tackle and did massive damage with a counter, ending the Lillipup!

Cheren decided to send out his Pidove next, and honestly, it was kind of a pushover (although that may be because the hax gods were on my side). Jen swapped out to Inigo, and he managed to confuse Pidove with a confusion before it injured itself, allowing Inigo to finish it off with a critical-hit confusion!

Up next came Cheren's Buneary... and honestly, it was probably his hardest Pokemon for me to deal with. Jen sent out our newest team member, Alyx the Shroomish, but the hax gods decided "Up yours, Chespin" and had Alyx miss three stun spores in a row; during this time, Buneary set up three work ups. Alyx finally landed a stun spore on Buneary on the fourth turn, but it turns out Buneary had limber, so I ultimately wasted the last four turns. Errrrrrrgh. Buneary, of course, set up another work up, follwed by a circle throw that shuffled Alyx out for Inigo (although Alyx was able to land an absorb before getting shuffled). Poor Inigo got knocked out by a double hit before he could counter-attack, but Tyson (who came out next) was able to land a fake out and two tackles while Buneary set up a fifth work up; he then fell to a single double hit. Running out of options, Jen sent out Raiden again, and he landed a water gun while Cheren had it set up a sixth work up. In case you're counting, its attack and special attack were now completely maxed out. Yay. Cheren then healed Buneary with a potion, but Raiden was able to strike back with a water gun; he then, against all of my expectations, managed to survive a water pulse from Buneary and took it out with two water guns while it prepared a circle throw!

Cheren then sent out his Teddiursa... and to be fair, I think I messed up dealing with it. Jen sent out Alyx again, and she set up a stun spore to prevent its toxic orb from activating... only for it to set up a work up, get a speed boost thanks to quick feet, and KO Alyx with a metal claw. Jen then sent Eliza back out, and tried healing her with a potion; sadly, Teddiursa took her down with two covets before she could even attack. Running out of options, Jen sent out Chun-Li, and while it got immobilized by paralysis twice,Chun-Li did chip damage with a scratch and a low kick. Jen, fearing retribution, swapped out to Raiden again, and he tanked a metronome-turned-pursuit to do damage with a water gun; Teddiursa, meanwhile, got lucky with metronome and managed to set up an ingrain and a glare, paralyzing Raiden. After a turn of being immobilized, Raiden managed to tank a metronome-turned-crush grip, get lucky with Teddiursa getting immobilized by paralysis, and ended it with two mighty water guns!

All that remained was Cheren's ace, Munchlax, but it was kind of a pushover. Chun-Li came back out, and while it set up a work up, Chun-Li managed to KO it with just two low kicks! With Cheren defeated, it's time to go forth and head out to Virbark City!

The team so far:

oshawott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 14

mankey.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 12

ralts.gifInigo (Male) - Lv. 11

tyrogue.gifTyson (Male) - Lv. 11

riolu.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 13

shroomish.gifAlyx (Female) - Lv. 11

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #5: Sparring Session

Well, Brawly wasn't that bad, although on my first attempt he almost swept my entire team with his Meditite; I better prepare for future psychic-type users. Anyway, on TEH URN, Jen led with Inigo, and Brawly led with Machop. The poor Machop only got off a single bulk up before fainting to two psybeams; its payapa berry did nothing!

Up next came one of our newer team members- Dan the Makuhita- and Brawly led with his Scraggy. Scraggy managed to lower Dan's attack with intimidate, but Dan managed to KO it with a fake out and an arm thrust (which hit twice)!

Eliza- now a Lucario!- came out next, and Brawly sent out his dreaded Meditite. Luckily, she managed to tank a drain punch and took out Meditite with a counter!

All that remained was Brawly's ace: Makuhita. Jen sent out Raiden, who was now a mighty Dewott! He set up a focus energy, and fired off a razor shell while Makuhita set up two bulk ups. All that setting up didn't help it, though, as it fell to a critical-hit razor shell! With that over with, it's time to take on Roxie!

The team so far:

dewott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 18

mankey.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 18

ralts.gifInigo (Male) - Lv. 18

makuhita.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 19

lucario.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 19

elekid.gifZaprong (Male) - Lv. 18

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #6: Falcon KICK!

Well, Roxie wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated. On TEH URN, Jen led with Eliza, and Roxie led with Trubbish. Trubbish went down to two blaze kicks, but not before setting up a layer of toxic spikes. This is pretty much going to be par for the course for this battle; Eliza put in overtime.

Anyway, up next came Roxie's Koffing, and Jen sent out Inigo. Inigo did crazy damage with a psybeam, but fainted almost instantly to a venoshock. Zaprong came out next, and while Roxie used her super potion on Koffing, he got off a shock wave. He then tanked a flamethrower and ended the Koffing with two more shock waves!

After Koffing came Roxie's Seviper, and it was honestly her toughest Pokemon to deal with. Jen swapped out to Chun-Li, but the poor thing fainted instantly to a venoshock. Dan came out next, and he managed to do quite a bit of damage with a fake out; sadly, he fainted to a venoshock as well. Fortunately, Eliza came out after this, and she managed to turn the battle in Jen's favor by tanking a sucker punch (which actually boosted her defense thanks to justified) and taking out Seviper with a blaze kick and a quick attack!

Roxie's last three Pokemon was actually pretty anticlimactic. Her Croagunk got off a fake out, but fell to a blaze kick the next turn. Her Golbat fainted to a critical-hit blaze kick the moment it came out. Finally, her ace, Whirlipede, only got off a steamroller before fainting to a blaze kick! With Roxie defeated, it's time to get ready to set sail for Castelia City!

The team so far:

dewott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 19

mankey.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 18

ralts.gifInigo (Male) - Lv. 19

makuhita.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 19

lucario.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 22

elekid.gifZaprong (Male) - Lv. 19

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #7: This May Come as a Shock

Well, Wattson was definitely harder than Roxie, but I managed to beat him fairly easily. On TEH URN, Jen led with Eliza, and Wattson led with Voltorb. Voltorb pulled off a hit-and-run with a volt switch, leading to Wattson's ace, Manectric, taking the force palm Eliza fired off and getting paralyzed by it. Manectric became immobilized by paralysis and was seriously injured by two more force palms; however, Eliza became paralyzed by its static, and then fainted to a thunderbolt. Amazingly, though, thanks to Manectric's life orb, it fell to recoil damage on the same turn! RIP Exp, I guess...

Up next came Wattson's Plusle, and Jen sent out Dan, who was now a Hariyama! Dan did some impressive damage with a fake out, but the next turn Plusle pivoted out to Voltorb; Voltorb took some serious damage from an arm thrust, which hit four times but caused Dan to become paralyzed. Wattson used up his hyper potion on Voltorb,which was then promptly knocked down to low HP with a strength. Voltorb then pivoted out to Wattson's Magneton, but luckily Dan was able to KO it on the switch with an arm thrust!

Out next came Wattson's Voltorb, for the third time. Jen swapped out to Chun-Li, who managed to tank a thunder with just 4 HP and took out Voltorb with a karate chop (although she became paralyzed in the process)! Moving on...

Wattson, running out of options, sent out his Minun, and Jen sent out one of our newest team members: Zexy the Combusken (that's a TPP Emerald reference, boys and girls; kind of fitting that his first appearance was during the Wattson battle). Zexy tanked a volt switch from Minun, then hit Wattson's Plusle on the switch with a double kick. He then survived an electro ball from Plusle and ended it with another pair of double kicks!

All Wattson had left was his Minun! Jen sent out Zaprong, and he promptly got paralyzed by a thunder wave, then did pitiful damage with a low kick. Minun tried pivoting out with a volt switch, but there wasn't anybody to switch out to, so Minun was stuck to get paralyzed by a thunder wave. Minun was imobilized then turn after that, and Zaprong fired off a shock wave... which only did scratch damage. Seeing that I had created a bit of a stalemate, I had Jen swap Zaprong out for Raiden, who managed to get in scott-free thanks to Minun's paralysis. Raiden did impressive damage to it with a low sweep, bt was paralyzed by a thunder wave. Luckily, he managed to survive a volt switch with 15 HP left and ended the Minun with a razor shell! With Wattson down, it's time to take on Burgh!

The team so far:

dewott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 24

mankey.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 24

combusken.gifZexy (Male) - Lv. 24

hariyama.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 24

lucario.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 24

elekid.gifZaprong (Male) - Lv. 24

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #8: Bug-Eyed and Flustered

Well, Burgh wasn't all that bad, although it did take a try for me to get past his Masquerain (which is a Bug/Water type in this hack). Anyway, on TEH URN, Jen led with Dan, and Burgh led with his Accelgor. Accelgor got slammed and welcomed to the jam with a fake out, then missed a focus blast and fell to a strength! Well, that went better than I expected...

Up next came Burgh's Escavalier, and Jen sent out Zexy. Zexy fired off an ember; it didn't do as much damage as it could have thanks to Escavalier's Occa berry, it did managed to burn it. Escavalier retaliated with a drill run, but Zexy lived and took it down with a second ember!

After this, Burgh sent out his Masquerain; expecting it this time, I had Jen send out Zaprong. Zaprong tanked an icy wind, set up a thunder wave, did some damage with a shock wave while Masquerain was paralyzed, and then took it down with an electro ball!

Burgh, in a hasty move, decided to instantly send out his ace, Leavanny, and Jen swapped out to Eliza. Eliza tanked a leaf blade and did massive damage with a blaze kick, but failed to KO it thanks to its focus sash. She then fired off another blaze kick while Burgh used up his hyper potion, and followed it up with a quick attack for the KO!

Having played his royal flush, Burgh was low on options; he decided to send out his Scyther, and Jen sent out Dan again. Poor Scyther never stood a chance; it set up a swords dance, but Dan was able to KO it instantly with a strength!

All that remained was Burgh's Vespiquen... and honestly, it was probably his toughest Pokemon, if only because I underestimated it. Jen sent out Raiden, and he lowered its defense with a razor shell, then fought through confusion to land two more razor shells. Sadly, Vespiquen was able to heal off the damage with two roosts, and it promptly ended Raiden with an acrobatics. Zaprong came out next, and he managed to seriously dent it with an electro ball... only to fall to a single x-scissor. Fortunately, Chun-Li was able to come out and finish off the weakened Vespiquen with a thief, ending the fight! With Burgh defeated, it's time to take on Colress!

The team so far:

dewott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 26

mankey.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 26

combusken.gifZexy (Male) - Lv. 27

hariyama.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 27

lucario.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 27

elekid.gifZaprong (Male) - Lv. 26

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #9: Maniacal Machines

Well, I'll be honest: Colress was probably the hardest boss I fought on this run so far. It took me three tries, and I still feel like I only won by the skin of my teeth. On TEH URN, I led with Chun-Li, and he led with his Magnemite. Magnemite took some pretty heavy damage from a low kick, but survived thanks to sturdy and paralyzed Chun-Li with a thunder wave. Magnemite then got its HP restored with a hyper potion, but Chun-Li was able to knock it back down to the red with a karate chop. Unfortunately, it then pivoted out to Colress' Metang, which only took scratch damage from a karate chop; because of this, I had Jen switch Chun-Li out for Zexy, who tanked a bullet punch and did impressive damage with an ember, then survived a psyshock with 1 HP remaining to... get KO'd by a bullet punch. Well, bluh. Jen then sent out Eliza, who did massive damage with a blaze kick, ending the Metang and avenging Zexy!

Up next came Colress' toughest Pokemon for me to deal with: his Rotom-Fan. Jen sent out Dan, and after he did some damage with a fake out, he tanked an air slash and did massive damage with a strength... only to come just short of KO'ing it. He then promptly fainted to an air slash. Luckily, Zaprong was able to come out, tank a dark pulse, and end the Rotom with a shock wave!

Colress then sen out his ace, Porygon2. Jen sent out Eliza again, and she did fair damage to it with a force palm (paralyzing it in the process) and then survived a psyshock to fire off two more force palms. Unfortunately, not only did she fall just a little short of KO'ing it, but Porygon2 was able to heal itself pretty much back to full HP, even though Eliza managed to hit it with a force palm between its two recovers. Luckily, the next turn it used psyshock instead of recover, allowing Eliza to KO it with two more force palms!

Colress decided to send out his Klink next, and Jen swapped out to Raiden. He managed to do some impressive damage with a low sweep, but got paralyzed by a thunder wave; fortunately, even though Klink took off a fair-sized chunk of its health with a wild charge, it took massive damage from the recoil, allowing Raiden to end it with a second low sweep!

Finally, all that remained of Colress' team was his Magnemite, which only got off a thunder wave and a signal beam on Zaprong before he took it out with two low kicks! With Colress defeated, it's time to head on out to Nimbassa City!

The team so far:

dewott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 27

mankey.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 27

combusken.gifZexy (Male) - Lv. 27

hariyama.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 27

lucario.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 28

elekid.gifZaprong (Male) - Lv. 28

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #10: Subway: Beat Fresh

Well, Ingo and Emmet were tougher than I expected, but I managed to get by them. On TEH URN, I had Jen lead with Dan while Nate (our partner) led with Pignite, Ingo led with his Chandelure, and Emmet led with his Eelektross. Dan fired off a fake out, causing Eelektross to flinch, and Pignite tanked a flamethrower while whiffing a take down. Unfortunately, then things started to go south: Dan then tanked a thunderbolt, but got paralyzed and immobilized, and Pignite fainted to a critical-hit flamethrower. Nate sent out his SImisage, and Jen swapped out to Zaprong, who was now a fully-evolved Electivire! He tanked a flamethrower and absorbed a thunderbolt (getting a speed boost) and fired off a thunder punch on Chandelure while Simisage hit Chandelure with a seed bomb and lowered everyone's defense with a leer. Sadly, it then went down instantly to a flamethrower, and Zaprong fainted to a brick break. Poor Jen was now stuck in a one-on-one fight. Raiden (who came out next) tanked a flamethrower and a brick break, but got burned; luckily, he was able to KO Chandelure with a razor shell before succumbing to burn damage and a brick break. Zexy came out afterwards, and he managed to do decent damage with a double kick, then tanked a brick break and ended the Eelektross with a second double kick! With Ingo and Emmet down, it's time to head onward to Elesa!

The team so far:

dewott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 30

primeape.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 29

combusken.gifZexy (Male) - Lv. 29

hariyama.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 31

lucario.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 30

electivire.gifZaprong (Male) - Lv. 30

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #11: Spit Hot Fyah

Well, remember how I said that Colress was the hardest fight so far? I think Flannery put him to shame. It took me three tries to beat her, and I only won by the skin of my teeth. Anyway, on TEH URN, Jen led with Eliza, and Flannery led with her Magcargo. Eliza did massive damage with a bone rush, coming only inches short of KO'ing it thanks to weak armor; sadly, she then instantly fainted to an overheat. Jen sent out Raiden, and while Flannery healed Magcargo with a hyper potion and Magcargo fired off an earth power, Raiden took it down with two razor shells, learning aqua jet in the process!

Camerupt came out next, but it was a pushover, fainting to a single razor shell. I guess this is why they improved its bulk when it got a Mega...

Flannery sent out her Magmar next, and Jen swapped out to Dan, who did some damage right off of the bat with a fake out. He then got burned by a will-o-wisp, but he managed to still take it out with a mighty strength! I guess that just goes to show how powerful Hariyama is!

Up next came Flannery's Houndoom. Jen sent out one of our newest team members, Leonidas the Heracross, but the poor thing fainted to a single overheat. Luckily, Zaprong the mighty Electivire was able to come out and paralyze it with a thunder wave, tank an overheat with 10 HP left, and KO it with two electro balls while it was immobilized!

Finally, all that remained was Flannery's ace, Torkoal... and to be honest, it was probably the most annoying Pokemon on her team, if not the hardest Pokemon to deal with. Zaprong fainted to an overheat, but was at least able to paralyze it with a thunder wave. Chun-Li came out to avenge him, but fainted to a single overheat after only landing a single low kick. Raiden came out in an attempt to more successfully avenge his comrades, but he missed a razor shell and got smacked with a yawn. Luckily, Jen was able to wave him up and cure Dan of his burn with two lava cookies while Torkoal was paralyzed, and Raiden managed to land wo razor shells while Torkoal was immobilized! He missed a third one and was put to sleep with a yawn, but luckily he was able to wake up shortly afterwards and KO it with a fourth and final razor shell! Now that Flannery's down, it's time to take on Elesa!

The team so far:

dewott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 34

primeape.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 32

heracross.gifLeonidas (Male) - Lv. 32

hariyama.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 32

lucario.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 32

electivire.gifZaprong (Male) - Lv. 32

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #12: Death By Glamour

Well, Elesa was actually harder than Flannery! Seriously, I only won because I had more healing items. I'm beginning to think that the game's difficulty level is parabolic, with the lowest point in difficulty being around the third gym... Anyway, on TEH URN, Jen led with Dan, and Elesa led with her Emolga. Emolga, miraculously, didn't use acrobatics; instead, it used light screen, allowing Dan to end it with a fake out and a strength (although he got paralyzed in the process)!

Up next came Elesa's ace, Zebstrika. Jen swapped out to Eliza, but sadly, she fainted to an overheat almost instantly. Jen then sent out Zaprong, and he tanked two bounces and knocked Zebstrika to the red with two low kicks (although he also got paralyzed). To my infuriation, though, Elesa used her hyper potion, and while Zaprong was immobilized Zebstrika took him down with a quick attack. Jen decided that the Godzilla threshold had been crossed and sent out our newest Pokemon: Gordon the Breloom! He did massive damage with a mach punch, and dodged a bounce by swapping out to Dan. Dan not only lived, but was able to end the Zebstrika with a fake out!

Elesa's ace might have been down, but she still had a lot of Pokemon left. She sent out her Lanturn next, and Jen swapped back out to Gordon. Gordon managed to outspeed the Lanturn and did massive damage with a bullet seed, taking it out!

Elesa decided to stop messing around and sent out her Luxray; Jen responded in kind by sending out Leonidas. Sadly, after only getting off a brick break, he fell to a fire fang. Jen sent out Raiden, but he also fell to a volt switch, allowing Elesa to send in her Ampharos. Jen, running out of Pokemon, sent out Gordon again. Gordon did some damage with a bullet seed, but then got paralyzed by a thunder wave; luckily, despite being paralyzed he was able to dodge a focus blast and do some damage with two mach punch. The RNG gods decided to abandon me the next turn, though, because Gordon was immobilized by paralysis and was blasted by two focus blasts, leading to him fainting. However, this is where things began to turn in my favor again: Dan, despite being paralyzed and only being at about 33.3333333333333333333333 (repeating, of course) percent health, was able to KO Ampharos with a fake out!

Elesa, probably confident in her ability to take me down, sent out her Galvantula next. Jen quickly healed Dan, allowing him to tank two giga drains, and he knocked Galvantula down to its focus sash with a strength. Unfortunately, he was hit hard by a bug buzz and was immobilized, but he was able to get healed by a hyper potion, tank a second bug buzz and a giga drain, and end Galvantula with a strength!

All that remained was Elesa's troubling Luxray. Dan tanked a volt switch with 18 HP remaining, then did crazy damage with an arm thrust. Not wanting to lose the battle, Jen healed him the next turn, and he survived a crunch and a second volt switch to fire off one last arm thrust, ending the fight! With Elesa defeated, it's time to head on out to Driftveil City!

The team so far:

dewott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 34

breloom.gifGordon (Male) - Lv. 34

heracross.gifLeonidas (Male) - Lv. 33

hariyama.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 35

lucario.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 33

electivire.gifZaprong (Male) - Lv. 33

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #13: A Rood Awakening

Well, Rood was a lot harder than I expected, mainly because his Pokemon all held choice items. On TEH URN, Jen led with Leonidas, and Rood led with his Stoutland. It did some damage with a wild charge, but Leonidas was able to KO it with a single close combat! I can see why the actual Leonidas likes Heracross so much...

Up next came the bane of my existence, the single hardest Pokemon Rood had to throw at me: his Swoobat. Dan came out, and managed to do massive damage with a fake out, but he fainted to a single psychic. Gordon came out next and did some damage with a mach punch, but also fell to a psychic. Jen sent out Raiden, now a Samurott thanks to grinding, and he almost knocked it out with an aqua jet, but didn't, and then he fell to a psychic as well. Luckily, Eliza was able to survive a psychic and end the dreaded bat with a force palm!

All that remained was Rood's Bouffalant, so Jen sent out Zaprong. He did insane damage with a low kick, but fainted to a head charge; luckily, Rood was hoist by his own petard, as the recoil from head charge took out Bouffalant! With Rood defeated, it's time to go forth and take on Clay!

The team so far:

samurott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 36

breloom.gifGordon (Male) - Lv. 35

heracross.gifLeonidas (Male) - Lv. 35

hariyama.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 35

lucario.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 36

electivire.gifZaprong (Male) - Lv. 35

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #14: Para-Norman Activity

Well, even though I had the type advantage, Norman was still really tough! On TEH URN, Jen led with Raiden, and Norman led with his Vigoroth. It did quite a bit of damage to him with two earthquake, but he lived, and ended it with two sacred swords!

Norman then sent out one of his harder Pokemon to deal with: his freaking Linoone. Seriously, I'm lucky that thing didn't use belly drum, or it would have been all over. Jen sent out Gordon, and he tanked an extreme speed and did some damage with a mach punch; unfortunately, Linoone's Liechi berry activated, boosting its attack, and Norman healed it while Jen swapped Gordon out for Leonidas. Leonidas was able to survive an extreme speed, however, and ended it with a close combat!

Norman decided to stop messing around and sent out his ace: Slaking. Jen sent out Eliza as a sacrifical lamb, letting herself faint to an earthquake so that Gordon could come in while it was subject to truant, paralyze it with a stun spore, and KO it with three mach punches while it was immobilized!

Norman may have lost his ace, but he still was able to send out his most troubling Pokemon: Zangoose. Dan came out to replace Gordon, and he set up a belly drum while tanking a close combat. Unfortunately, Zangoose's toxic orb activated, and while Jen healed Dan it managed to KO him with a quick attack and a close combat. Gordon came back out, but he fainted to a quick attack as well. Luckily, Raiden was able to out-prioritize it with an aqua jet, KO'ing it thanks to all the stat debuffs it gave itself!

All that remained was Norman's Keckleon. Jen sent out Chun-Li, and was paralyzed and hit with an aqua tail; luckily, she was able to take advantage of Keckleon's color change and took it out with a mighty fire punch! WIth Norman defeated, now we can really take on the gym!

The team so far:

samurott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 40

breloom.gifGordon (Male) - Lv. 39

heracross.gifLeonidas (Male) - Lv. 39

hariyama.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 39

lucario.gifEliza (Female) - Lv. 39

primeape.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 39

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #15: Clay Achin'

Well, for some reason, Clay seemed kind of easier for me than Norman or Rood; maybe it's because I had better checks to his Pokemon, or because Breloom is just that good. Anyway, on TEH URN, Jen led with Chun-Li, and Clay led with Hippowdon. Chun-Li did some damage with an ice punch, but sadly, she fainted to a combination of sandstorm damage and an earthquake. Luckily, Gordon was able to come out and KO Hippowdon with a mighty bullet seed!

The next Pokemon Clay sent out was his Nidoking, so Jen sent out her newest team member; Grapevine the Gallade! He tanked a sludge wave with 35 HP remaining, and KO'd the Nidoking with a mighty psycho cut!

Clay decided to send out his Golurk, and Jen sent Gordon back out. Amazingly, though,, Gordon began something of a sweep, taking out Golurk with a single bullet seed, then taking out Clay's Seismitoad with a mighty bullet seed! The Rindo Berry, it does NOTHING!

Clay, running out of options, decided to send out his ace: Excakill Excadrill! Jen sent out Raiden, and he did quite a bit of damage to it with two aqua jets; unfortunately, Excadrill set up a swords dance and proceeded to KO him with a single earthquake. Luckily, good ol' Gordon Freeman came out and KO'd Excadrill with a mach punch!

All that remained was Clay's Krookodile, so Jen, deciding to spread out the EXP a little, sent out Dan. Dan did considerable damage with a fake out, then tanked an earthquake and KO'd Krookodile with a mighty arm thrust! With Clay down, it's time to head to the PWT!

The team so far:

samurott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 40

breloom.gifGordon (Male) - Lv. 42

heracross.gifLeonidas (Male) - Lv. 40

hariyama.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 41

gallade.gifGrapevine (Male) - Lv. 40

primeape.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 40

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #16: Rain Drops Keep Fallin' On My Head

Hey! Sorry for the long gap in updates; I had a long stretch of story with no major battles to get through. Anyway, Juan was actually fairly easy; Jen managed to take him out without much trouble. On TEH URN, Jen led with Raiden, and Juan led with his Crawdaunt. Crawdaunt survived a sacred sword and set up a dragon dance, but it was very low on HP, so Juan healed it with a hyper potion while Jen mispredicted and had Raiden use aqua jet. Luckily, he survived a crabhammer the next turn, and was able to KO Crawdaunt with a second sacred sword!

Juan sent out his Whiscash next, but it didn't even get a single hit in; Gordon (who Jen swapped Raiden out for) did massive damage with a bullet seed, bypassing its Rindo berry! Ah, Technician-boosted bullet seed; the only way to play!

Up next came Juan's Luvdisk, which was also quite easy to take out. Jen sent out Zaprong, who was promptly confused by a sweet kiss, but Zaprong managed to break through it to KO Luvdisk with a mighty thunder punch!

Running out of options, Juan sent out his Walrein, and Jen sent out Raiden again. Raiden took some damage from an earthquake, but was able to shrug it off and KO Walrein with two sacred swords! Poor thing took the "wall" out of Walrein...

Finally, all that remained was Juan's ace: Kingdra. Jen swapped out to Dan, and he did some damage with a fake out. Kingdra then set up a rain dance and did crazy damage with a hydro pump, but not only did Dan survive, he unleashed a mighty arm thrust and strength, ending the Kingdra! With Juan down, it's time to take on Skyla!

The team so far:

samurott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 48

breloom.gifGordon (Male) - Lv. 47

electivire.gifZaprong (Male) - Lv. 47

hariyama.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 47

gallade.gifGrapevine (Male) - Lv. 40

primeape.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 40

Edited by Lord Chespin

wait...why are you fighting juan here?

wouldn't it make more sense to fight winnoa here?

or is the modder just swapping her and J so that you aren't fighting two of the same type at once?

also, big thanks for introducing me to this hack. It's excellent! although the early bugs might be a bit OP.

(jfc butterfree 4 moves 50+BP each)

wait...why are you fighting juan here?

wouldn't it make more sense to fight winnoa here?

or is the modder just swapping her and J so that you aren't fighting two of the same type at once?

also, big thanks for introducing me to this hack. It's excellent! although the early bugs might be a bit OP.

(jfc butterfree 4 moves 50+BP each)

Yeah, the modder shuffled the last three gym leaders around to avoid type redundancy. Glad you like the hack! Also, YAY, SOMEBODY ELSE POSTED ON THIS THREAD! WOOOOOOOOOOO (Victory music plays)

Anyway...

Update #17: The Battle of Mistralion City

Well, Skyla was probably the hardest boss of this whole hack thus far, as she could wipe out each of my Pokemon with a single hit. On the bright side, thanks to the type changes, I had several Pokemon that could threaten her with their STABs, so I guess everything evens out. On TEH URN, Jen led with Raiden, Dan, and Grapevine, and Skyla led with her Togekiss, her Braviary, and her Mandibuzz (the fight was a triple battle; time to put my Redemption League skills to the test). Dan made Togekiss flinch with a fake out, then Grapevine did massive damage to Braviary with a low sweep (which did extra damage thanks to Grapevine's traced sheer force). Sadly, Grapevine fainted to a single brave bird from Mandibuzz, but Raiden was able to do more damage to Braviary with an aura sphere, weakening it enough for it to get taken out by brave bird recoil after it KO'd Raiden!

Skyla sent out her ace, Swanna, next, and Jen sent out Chun-Li and Zaprong to replace Raiden and Grapevine, respectively. Chun-Li managed to dodge a hurricane from Swanna, and Zaprong ended it with a thunder punch! Chun-Li then did some serious damage to Togekiss with a thunder punch, but fainted to a brave bird; luckily, Dan managed to dodge a hurricane and avenge Chun-Li with a mighty strength!

Jen replaced Chun-Li with our newest team member, Haley the Beartic, and Skyla sent out her Gliscor and her Archeops. Skyla, thinking she was smart, had her Archeops hit all of Jen's Pokemon with an earthquake; however, not only did all of Jen's Pokemon live, but she missed the opportunity to KO one of Jen's Pokemon with a flying gem-strengthened acrobatics. Zaprong then KO'd Mandibuzz with a thunder punch, and Haley and Dan tanked another earthquake from Gliscor to KO it with an icicle crash and seriously injure Archeops with an arm thrust! Zaprong was on his last legs, though, so he spent his turn healing Dan; Archeops used earthquake, but it barely did anything besides fainting Zaprong; Archeops then fell to an arm thrust, ending the fight and earthing Jen the Jet Badge! With that done with, it's time to begin the long trek to Opeliucid City!

The team so far:

samurott.gifRaiden (Male) - Lv. 50

beartic.gifHaley (Female) - Lv. 50

electivire.gifZaprong (Male) - Lv. 50

hariyama.gifDan (Male) - Lv. 51

gallade.gifGrapevine (Male) - Lv. 50

primeape.gifChun-Li (Female) - Lv. 50

Edited by Lord Chespin