Something Annoying.....yet kinda funny

Vilvana

When I was trying to catch Beldum, well I wasted all my balls.

Used:

10 Great Balls

10 Nest Balls

2 Time Balls

1 Ultra Ball

Plus a few other balls that don't help

Well, I failed. So i bought like 150 nest, great and time balls

Second time trying to catch Beldum

Used:

4 Great balls

1 Nest ball

How does that work??? I wasted my money for 150 balls yet I literally only used 5 balls. Its like that Beldum wants me to waste my money before I catch it..

generally nest balls are useless in the first place as the only use they can give is a 3X boost on pokemon 19 and lower any lvl and any above that opt for ultra balls and false swipe makes catching lower lvl pokemon easier in the first place though they sounds good for beldum right but he has the catch rate equal to legends so its still gonna be strenuous in the first place but you could much easier catch him with quick(first turn only) with a X4 on first turn and dusk balls(only night just change the clock)X3.5 as long as its night and these can be used on higer lvl which is much more usefull even once beldums caught pokes so yeah wasted money honestly getting dusk or even timer ball if you could keep it alive for 30+ turns use a heal pulse pokemon for help there tbh couldve had a better chance at beldum with timer quick and dusk.

and if your wondering how nest balls work

oposing pokemon lvl --- multiplier

19 or less X3

29 or less X2

30 or above X1

The beldum was level one... had the move take down. Used the move flash sooo many times, but reached the limit of acuraccy drop. I did pass thirty turns in battle, (for my first try to catch beldum )but somehow the wild beldums accuracy turned better or something, and kept hitting when it was struggling. I nearly caught it with a nest ball, but it killed itself bafter that.....

Exactly. Bwldum also has one of the lowest catch rates in the game, and the only move it ever knows until it evolves is Take Down. The best bet in general is to use a Ghost type Pokemon against it. Ideally, you should be able to whittle it down to low HP, send in your Ghost type, put it to sleep with Hypnosis or paralyze it with TWave, and then spam balls. Dusk balls work best, else Ultra and Nest balls if there is a big level gap as mentioned above.

The fact that you caught it in 5 balls is simply your luck. I soft reset 30 or so times on top of that to get one with good IVs.

You have to learn that whenever you want something in Pokemon, you have to do no work for it, most people try really hard the first time and fail, the Pokemon sees you working hard and throws it in your face, the second time round, you use no effort and don't do anything, and it is like, "You deserve me your piece of shit trainer" and that is Pokemon Logic for ya, lol

• Global Mods

You have to learn that whenever you want something in Pokemon, you have to do no work for it, most people try really hard the first time and fail, the Pokemon sees you working hard and throws it in your face, the second time round, you use no effort and don't do anything, and it is like, "You deserve me your piece of shit trainer" and that is Pokemon Logic for ya, lol

This is my entire Pokemon experience. I remember on my 103409542nd playthrough of Emerald I caught Rayquaza with a Poke Ball at full health on the first turn. I wasn't even trying to catch it, I was just messing around. Whenever I was actually attempting to catch it it took several tries of either running out of balls or getting KO'd, just like with every other legendary.

It's only fitting for a pseudo legendary to be hard to catch I guess. Let's just be thankful for having the opportunity to catch Beldum this early in the game, might not be the case any more when E16 comes out...