Arcanine moveset - is it too late?

unibrower

Hey so I received the growlithe from the police and I trained it until level 39 and then I used a fire stone which I obtained to evolve it, the last attack it learned was crunch at level 39. Now I see that my arcanine is now level 47 with no new moves being introduced to learn...and looking at the levels of when you have the option to learn attacks, I have missed a few. Is this specific to reborn or did I mess up by evolving my growlithe? The better attacks are the ones that I have yet to have an option of learning, (Heat wave, outrage, flare blitz, and it doesn't show it but I definitely remember extremespeed being a key part of my arcanine in previous games...

so yea.. did I mess up? is it not possible to get a better moveset, as i'd love to switch strength for something like outrage or extreme speed and would like flare blitz alongside flamethrower and reversal (or extremespeed if i can) lol essentially i only want one of the attacks I have and hope i don't need to train another one?

Arcanine doesn't learn any moves at that level. Its last move is Extreme speed at level 34.

However using the move relearner in the onyx ward (key in the underground railnet) and a heart scale you can reteach it extreme speed.

Other moves you can learn with this are thunder fang, bite, roar, odor sleuth and fire fang.

Well, you have Flamethrower and Wild Charge as TM when you have access to it, for that matter, make sure that your Arcanine doesnt have hindering nature on special attack or attack. Otherwise, best physical moves like Flareblitz and Close Combat are either egg moves(parents are Darmanitan, Infernape or Lucario etc) or pre-evolution Growlithe exclusive moves, relearning by move relearner or any means is not viable unfortunately once you evolves it to Arcanine prior to learning those moves. ExtremeSpeed is Arcanine exclusive move, per what mde said, heart scales for relearner.

Edited by TimTim

so essentially i can get wild charge & extreme speed as i go on in the game but not flare blitz?

also thanks for the whereabouts of the key and the move tutor, my arcanine is also the nature that doesn't have any boosted or negative stats, i think docile is what its called

i also am realizing this is pokemon reborn lol and normal rules may not apply in regards to the moveset, or am i wrong assuming that...??

Edited by zfbhoy

You will require Rock Smash, smash the cracks on the wall you find at underground railnet(the one with the rail direction changing puzzle), one of them will lead to House Key, whereas other has Corrupted Pokeball(It's an event pokemon, you'll be surprised :)), the move relearner is at Onyx Ward standing outside frowning over losing her key, give her the key, and she will help you with the relearning. With movesets, I believe Reborn current episode has updated to ORAS movesets

Edited by TimTim

I am just gonna put up a spoiler lock in case some readers doesnt want to be spoilt

You can get Ralts from it, you go to Obsidia Ward, there is a pokeball store that sells special kind of pokeballs other than the regular one, speak to the scientist that stands beside the rack of merchandise and come back with the Magnet Powder which you get from Blackwater Factory dark room(ya know, the quest with Amaria), recover the pokeball which turns out to be holding a Ralts

Edited by TimTim

If you're dedicated and want a good Arcanine, breed this one with a Primeape, Lucario or Infernape that knows Close Combat, and raise that Growlithe until it learns all its moves roundabouts lv 50.

Remember, almost all Pokémon that evolve with a stone, like Chandelure or Starmie, do not learn many of their best moves after evolution.

Don't rush a good thing!